Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

... - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / ... (10425 Views)

Got A Good Job After Years Of Trying / 5 Things You Can Do To Get A Good Job With A 2.2 Or 3rd Class / What Job Can A Secondary School Leaver Do In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 21, 2016
In a bid to solving the lingering unemployment problem in Nigeria, some Nairalander profer trekking from one company to the other physically to submit your CV. That may work for you, I have no doubt. But then, one would wonder if all unemployed graduate decides to take to the streets of Lagos in such of job, even the scarcely available job would not go round. What am I saying, in as much as you want to get employed so badly, don't be too desperate in your job hunt. With desperation, there comes frustration and when you are frustrated, you can't think straight, you'll always think little of yourself. I read many advising you on utilising your skills for self reliance. You don't want to be a self employed graduate with a 60k container filled with 20k phone accessories. Do you?
My humble advice for you: I've been to Alimosho before, I know how far it is from economic viable areas like V.I, Lekki, Ikeja and a whole lots of others. So trekking may not be the way forward as you ll end up spending all your little savings on transport like normal workers. Make Nairaland a home, check the job section from time to time, who knows, something might come up. For what it worth, I've gotten so many test and interview invite from job post on here. The last one of course was something to be thankful about.
Have a blessed day

6 Likes

Re: ... by wristbangle: 8:10am On Jan 21, 2016
I feel your pain OP. The situation of employment in this country is so disturbing that it's enough for someone to commit suicide.

However OP I know that you will not remain jobless forever. Believe in God that this year, you will share your testimony. Surrender your life totally to God if you havent, stay focus on your dream and your acquired skills if you properly harness it well can bring daily income for you. There are organisation in which you can render services and maintenance for their IT department.

Also, print as many resumes as you can. Google for company addresses on the island to submit your resume. Keep an eye on vacancies advertised online. Recently heineken placed an advert for graduate trainee (IT role is included), give it a shot.

May God bless your hustle brother. Don't give up.
Re: ... by spik007: 8:14am On Jan 21, 2016
dayordjdee:
If u don't mind i could link you wit my cousin who works with access bank

Bro i dnt mind at all,please how can i contact you?
Re: ... by spik007: 8:16am On Jan 21, 2016
TheSlyone:
In a bid to solving the lingering unemployment problem in Nigeria, some Nairalander profer trekking from one company to the other physically to submit your CV. That may work for you, I have no doubt. But then, one would wonder if all unemployed graduate decides to take to the streets of Lagos in such of job, even the scarcely available job would not go round. What am I saying, in as much as you want to get employed so badly, don't be too desperate in your job hunt. With desperation, there comes frustration and when you are frustrated, you can't think straight, you'll always think little of yourself. I read many advising you on utilising your skills for self reliance. You don't want to be a self employed graduate with a 60k container filled with 20k phone accessories. Do you?
My humble advice for you: I've been to Alimosho before, I know how far it is from economic viable areas like V.I, Lekki, Ikeja and a whole lots of others. So trekking may not be the way forward as you ll end up spending all your little savings on transport like normal workers. Make Nairaland a home, check the job section from time to time, who knows, something might come up. For what it worth, I've gotten so many test and interview invite from job post on here. The last one of course was something to be thankful about.
Have a blessed day
Bro thanks for your words of encouragement,am honoured.
Re: ... by spik007: 8:18am On Jan 21, 2016
wristbangle:
I feel your pain OP. The situation of employment in this country is so disturbing that it's enough for someone to commit suicide.

However OP I know that you will not remain jobless forever. Believe in God that this year, you will share your testimony. Surrender your life totally to God if you havent, stay focus on your dream and your acquired skills if you properly harness it well can bring daily income for you. There are organisation in which you can render services and maintenance for their IT department.

Also, print as many resumes as you can. Google for company addresses on the island to submit your resume. Keep an eye on vacancies advertised online. Recently heineken placed an advert for graduate trainee (IT is included), give it a shot.

May God bless your hustle brother. Don't give up.

amen,thanksalot bro.
Re: ... by Xplicit007: 8:52am On Jan 21, 2016
dayordjdee:

Bro I no mind too..how do I link up?
spik007:

amen,thanksalot bro.
Re: ... by spik007: 9:00am On Jan 21, 2016
It is a different thing to apply and be called for interviews and know you only need to buckle up,but applying severally and not being called,everyday am always online searching fir a job.
Even if you are to start off as an entrepreneur,you still need some good years of experience which you must have garnerred while working for someone else.
All i need is just an opportunity to display my skills.
Re: ... by Joeace3000(m): 9:14am On Jan 21, 2016
elego1:
They aint no work in this country. Meanwhile, am a full time undergraduate(UNIBEN), i need a job that wont affect my studies. Thanks.
#I gat to start preparing for the future!!!

If you have a pc.. U should earn online. Go to our website brilliantlightsmedia.com or on my signature
Re: ... by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 9:16am On Jan 21, 2016
so, which kind work do you think you need now? .
Re: ... by Joeace3000(m): 9:17am On Jan 21, 2016
If you have a PC and data.. Holla at me and we'll fix a meeting for shoprite Ikeja where ill teach you how you can start making money from your room with article writing alone for now without any charge. Stuffs like this makes me not want to charge ppl for this
Re: ... by spik007: 9:19am On Jan 21, 2016
OlayinkaFawaz:
so, which kind work do you think you need now? .
Bro i have experience in networking,i dont mind any opportunity in the field of IT
Re: ... by Joeace3000(m): 9:31am On Jan 21, 2016
One of the mistakes we make on the job vacancies section is how much we keep forcing ppl into the belief coming here applying for jobs is all they should do... Then spend the rest day wasting away. How many of us visit the business section, do we interact with people there. My first journey to entrepreneurship started in service year.. I really read one importation thread then of over 300 pages then like crazy before taking the leap, while i was on that i discovered fiverr and freelancing and i moved onto that and i have been on that since...don't make hunting for a job, your beginning and end. If you can't work online, why not sit down and be inventine. You could sign up with an NGO. You could walk up to companies and drop suggestions on improvement of service and get them interested in you, be inventive with everything. Even job search. Just don't sit home and say there's no way, lemme just keep blasting my CV to every tom, dick and Harry. May God help us all become great but we should never lose sight of our goal. Its not all about salary and money

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 21, 2016
hungryboy:
Bros,
E red for my side pass your own,

Shun the entitlement complex,
Those thoughts that you deserve to have everything on a platter because you are a graduate,
Banish them,

Submit your Cv, around a few companies and job websites,
Pray that you get lucky some day and get called up,
Then look for a few building sites around you, and start carrying blocks for 2k daily pay, there is no dearth of labour jobs,
You no need Ph.d to do am, na just common sense.
Me sef i get place i wan go pack 200 blocks tommorrow around that una area, if you go like join me , pm me.

I wonder why the op ignored this offer?

What a heartless sense of humor... Young man,do you want to kill me with laughter??

1 Like

Re: ... by kaynaychee(m): 9:53am On Jan 21, 2016
Joeace3000:
One of the mistakes we make on the job vacancies section is how much we keep forcing ppl into the belief coming here applying for jobs is all they should do... Then spend the rest day wasting away. How many of us visit the business section, do we interact with people there. My first journey to entrepreneurship started in service year.. I really read one importation thread then of over 300 pages then like crazy before taking the leap, while i was on that i discovered fiverr and freelancing and i moved onto that and i have been on that since...don't make hunting for a job, your beginning and end. If you can't work online, why not sit down and be inventine. You could sign up with an NGO. You could walk up to companies and drop suggestions on improvement of service and get them interested in you, be inventive with everything. Even job search. Just don't sit home and say there's no way, lemme just keep blasting my CV to every tom, dick and Harry. May God help us all become great but we should never lose sight of our goal. Its not all about salary and money

dude can we chat off camera (whatsap) 08064432753. gat sm ??
Re: ... by Benteazaa(m): 9:57am On Jan 21, 2016
[quote author=dayordjdee post=42178253]If u don't mind i could link you wit my cousin who works with access bank

my brother I dont mind plssssssssssssssssssss
Re: ... by Joeace3000(m): 9:59am On Jan 21, 2016
kaynaychee:

dude can we chat off camera (whatsap) 08064432753. gat sm ??

contact me... Not one for chasing ppl like i used to 07066564342
Re: ... by deGovernor2024: 10:01am On Jan 21, 2016
dayordjdee:

Bro I don't mind if you can link me. That's my phone number 08187249876
Re: ... by Slickbishop(m): 10:07am On Jan 21, 2016
hungryboy:
Bros,

Those thoughts that you deserve to have everything on a platter because you are a graduate,
Banish them,

Then look for a few building sites around you, and start carrying blocks for 2k daily pay, there is no dearth of labour jobs,
Me sef i get place i wan go pack 200 blocks tommorrow around that una area, if you go like join me , pm me.
I hv pm u, besides inbox me ur whatsapp number
Re: ... by Slickbishop(m): 10:11am On Jan 21, 2016
hungryboy:
Bros,

Banish them,

Joeace3000:
If you have a PC and data.. Holla at me and we'll fix a meeting for shoprite Ikeja where ill teach you how you can start making money from your room with article writing alone for now without any charge. Stuffs like this makes me not want to charge ppl for this
hungryboy:
Bros,

Banish them,

hi, can we chat on whatsapp, inbox me ur email let me pm u
Re: ... by OluchiDelly: 10:46am On Jan 21, 2016
spik007:
Good day fellow nairalanders,i dont intend to trouble you guys with this but im just trying my luck,pls pardon me.
I have been jobless since 2014,am a graduate of Computer science, 2.1. This present stage of my life is not where i should be right now
Having no one around to assist me is really telling on me,i cant eat,as i resort to thinking everyday. All possible medium of job search i have tried it all and none seem to be yielding positivity.
I have undergone several trainings just to be employable,yet no result. ,have tried all means,ways to get a new job,my people its not just coming.
At times i think whether i have offended anyone in the past,I must say am tired of everything.
pls and pls and begging anyone out there who can provide for me a good job,am not the lazy type.
Please and please people...

Mods kindly do me a favour by putting my plea on the front page.
Thanks
cc: lalasticlala
. Ishilove
. Prettythicksme

What effort have you made?
Why can't you look at the direction of teaching? People commonize it but some of those schools pay more than some banks.
1. Google '30,20,10 etc, best schools in Lagos /Nigeria'. There is no good school without a website or e-mail. Send soft copy of your CV. People have done this and come to testify in teaching thread.

2.computer, this will also give you the options of a non teaching staff (printing and typing exam questions, maintaining school website, etc), computer Sc teacher, maths/f. Maths teacher.

3.checkout this advert if it has not close. I saw it on the school gate last week.
Computer sc/data processing teacher needed @Homat group of schools, odongunyan b. Stop ikorodu. Apply in person. They pay up to 60k.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: ... by IPBTS: 11:01am On Jan 21, 2016
IPBTS Communications is an information, communications and telecommunications consultancy company that provides total end to end professional ICT services to company and individuals
Our teams of professionals are expert with extensive experience in designing, implementation and maintenance of ICT end to end solutions on Networking WAN, MAN and LAN, IP Surveillance (CCTV), Radio network planning, design and implementation, Satellite communications & Satellite tracking, System Engineering and integration, Intercom solutions in line with constantly changing environment and requirements.

Obtain Proficiency Certificate In Telecoms In;

 NETWORKING & STRUCTURED CABLING
 RADIO FREQUENCY ENGINEERING
 PROFESSIONAL WIRELESS NETWORKING
 CCTV/ IP SURVIELLANCE ( Security Surveillance)
 PABX/INTERCOM SETUP
 SATELLITE COMMUNICATION/VSAT
Re: ... by ababale(m): 11:23am On Jan 21, 2016
[quote author=spik007 post=42166244]Good day fellow nairalanders,i dont intend to trouble you guys with this but im just trying my luck,pls pardon me.
I have been jobless since 2014,am a graduate of Computer science, 2.1. This present stage of my life is not where i should be right now
Having no one around to assist me is really telling on me,i cant eat,as i resort to thinking everyday. All possible medium of job search i have tried it all and none seem to be yielding positivity.
I have undergone several trainings just to be employable,yet no result. ,have tried all means,ways to get a new job,my people its not just coming.
At times i think whether i have offended anyone in the past,I must say am tired of everything.
pls and pls and begging anyone out there who can provide for me a good job,am not the lazy type.
Please and please people..

https://www.nairaland.com/2880025/etranzact-currently-seeking-trainees
Re: ... by Generaloluseye: 1:07pm On Jan 21, 2016
dayordjdee:
i am interested.
Re: ... by Generaloluseye: 1:07pm On Jan 21, 2016
dayordjdee:
i am interested. I ll pm u
Re: ... by ferdyferd: 1:42pm On Jan 21, 2016
All of u sayin u r interested in the access bank job are you the OP? grin
Re: ... by ferdyferd: 2:08pm On Jan 21, 2016
But joke apart OP have you tried LinkedIn? in the space of one month ve gotten two interview invite from LinkedIn and I didn't apply for any. Their HR viewed my profile and emailed me with their company email.

Just reg on LinkedIn get like a thousand connection (quality connections with mostly HR/Managers/Professionals etc) fill up your LinkedIn profile (sell your self and your skills) use a professional attractive photo, and state clearly u looking for new opportunities and include your email in the advice to contact options.

Don't forget to add the tittle you want to be found with i.e IT, Computer Programmer, Software Engineer etc.

It's a really great way to get a job, just be creative with your profile, and above all Pray.

God bless your hustle.
Re: ... by xdream(m): 2:44pm On Jan 21, 2016
If you stumble on this page and you're a proficient truck (Benz 814) driver, I could offer you a job in a Block Industry in Ajah, Lagos.

Re: ... by spik007: 2:45pm On Jan 21, 2016
ferdyferd:
But joke apart OP have you tried LinkedIn? in the space of one month ve gotten two interview invite from LinkedIn and I didn't apply for any. Their HR viewed my profile and emailed me with their company email.

Just reg on LinkedIn get like a thousand connection (quality connections with mostly HR/Managers/Professionals etc) fill up your LinkedIn profile (sell your self and your skills) use a professional attractive photo, and state clearly u looking for new opportunities and include your email in the advice to contact options.

Don't forget to add the tittle you want to be found with i.e IT, Computer Programmer, Software Engineer etc.

It's a really great way to get a job, just be creative with your profile, and above all Pray.

God bless your hustle.

Thanks a bunch bro,God bless yoyr hustle too

1 Like

Re: ... by spik007: 2:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
dayordjdee:
Bro i have sent u a pm...
i am very much interested
Re: ... by butanep(m): 3:06pm On Jan 21, 2016
Larryfly:

I wonder why the op ignored this offer?

What a heartless sense of humor... Young man,do you want to kill me with laughter??

I can't help but laugh loud...

I thought the op will respond but he didn't...

1 Like

Re: ... by tunad4rari(m): 3:36pm On Jan 21, 2016
joace3000 pls I am interested in the article writing ,pls help me out .08060506857

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Golden Rules Of Writing A Cover Letter / 10 Tips Job-seekers Must Follow If They Want To Get A Meaningful Job / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.