Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,762 members, 7,798,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! (6776 Views)

Delta Couple Announce Their Divorce On Facebook (Photos) / My Husband Seeks His Father’s Permission Before Intercourse: Wife / I Won’t Share My Husband’s Manhood With Any Woman: Wife (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by freshvine(f): 6:40pm On Jan 20, 2016
We met precisely 2 years ago and he was perfectly an answered prayer for a prince charming I'd ever hoped and pray for. It seem God decided to compensate me for the numerous heartbreak I'd suffer prior to meeting him.

Here was a tall handsome rich guy and equally a ladies magnate. He have everything rolled into one I'd sometimes imagine if he was a divine prototype among humans because of his flawless personality. He was a near perfect being to wrap the description of his humble charisma and social demeanor.

What actually attracted me to him was his humility and romantic gestures. He was never tired of being a gentleman as our love story coaster rolled into romance and the knack to be with each other.

This man swept me off my feet with selfless gestures. He opens every door for me which includes house and cars, he cooks and feed me. The most amazing being breakfast on bed, such wonderful lovable man. He buckle my shoes, strapped my fitted jeans and gave up seats for me where there's one reserved. Some period he help Polish my nails, take out my braids and all sort of romantic adventures and truth is that he continued showing being a God sent even past our marriage until now.

For 2 weeks now, war war 3 has been raging in my home as My husband had stopped being romantic and insist on role reversal. He want me to serve his meals now on bended knees, put his bath water as at when due, wash his clothes and compliment every of his stance. In actual fact he want to replicate the marriage style of the oldies in this digital generation.

I'm getting fed up and my 2 years marriage is on the line. Please suggest ways I could tame him back to the status quo. I can't compromise my fantasy for want of archaic standard.
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by Emmaus12: 6:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
My brother why dey behave like this, you be man o.... cry cry cry cry

If you want to hit frontpage no be by superstory na...please please please.

U don cast yourself severally from your posts and the kind stories you post!!! Haba!!!

Nairaland mods now go carry this to front page, we need an explanation on what the criteria to make frontpage is

Lalasticlala and Seun and whoever, this matter has become very serious...we need explanations on the rules required to make frontpage....

20 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by feedthenation(m): 6:50pm On Jan 20, 2016
There's still hope...very big hope...just hold on tight...quality husbands are very scarce nowadays...
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 20, 2016
talk to him about it. and he should not be the only one showing romantic gestures, you too should.

4 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by freshvine(f): 6:52pm On Jan 20, 2016
Emmaus12:
I guess your signature says it all.......

Please leave him for another man who can fulfill the fantasy, I am sure 2 yrs from now you will leave that one too for the next one. cheesy grin grin cheesy grin

Let me spread and watch how far this goes...nairaland mods have wet dreams with threads like this

Can you be serious for all its worth.

How can a lovable man before now trying to experiment with what is unattainable, Is it that he's tired and want out?

A serious contributions is anticipated please
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by agarawu23(m): 6:53pm On Jan 20, 2016
freshvine:
We met precisely 2 years ago and he was perfectly an answered prayer for a prince charming I'd ever hoped and pray for. It seem God decided to compensate me for the numerous heartbreak I'd suffer prior to meeting him.

Here was a tall handsome rich guy and equally a ladies magnate. He have everything rolled into one I'd sometimes imagine if he was a divine prototype among humans because of his flawless personality. He was a near perfect being to wrap the description of his humble charisma and social demeanor.

What actually attracted me to him was his humility and romantic gestures. He was never tired of being a gentleman as our love story coaster rolled into romance and the knack to be with each other.

This man swept me off my feet with selfless gestures. He opens every door for me which includes house and cars, he cooks and feed me. The most amazing being breakfast on bed, such wonderful lovable man. He buckle my shoes, strapped my fitted jeans and gave up seats for me where there's one reserved. Some period he help Polish my nails, take out my braids and all sort of romantic adventures and truth is that he continued showing being a God sent even past our marriage until now.

For 2 weeks now, war war 3 has been raging in my home as My husband had stopped being romantic and insist on role reversal. He want me to serve his meals now on bended knees, put his bath water as at when due, wash his clothes and compliment every of his stance. In actual fact he want to replicate the marriage style of the oldies in this digital generation.

I'm getting fed up and my 2 years marriage is on the line. Please suggest ways I could tame him back to the status quo. I can't compromise my fantasy for want of archaic standard.

Ladies and lie lie undecided
A man thats doing all these changed without you doing nothing to hurt/offend him?

Well maybe he has got to know why u married him as mentioned in your first and second line

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by agarawu23(m): 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2016
freshvine:

How can a lovable man before now trying to experiment with what is unattainable, Is it that he's tired and want out?

be bold to ask him yourself, nlders can't give u that answer cos we don't know his mind
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by freshvine(f): 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2016
EroticAngelina:
talk to him about it. and he should not be the only one showing romantic gestures, you too should.

You mean I should held the washing water like a senior househelp waiting for him to finish gobbling his meals.

You don't get it. Serving me break fast on bed is quite romantic for a wife but dehumanizing me with archaic fantasy of his is another kettle of fish entirely.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by raumdeuter: 7:00pm On Jan 20, 2016
The juju you used on him expired

When he was doing all those mumu work for you, you no complain, Now he wants a reversal. Either do it or get out of his house

13 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by misspicy(f): 7:00pm On Jan 20, 2016
Marriage a different ball game lipsrsealed

modified****

After reading this thread I just want to see it another way

your husband has been all romantic and loving,then he suddenly changes 2 years after and starts doing the opposite...
First question is why?

For every action there must be a reaction

and the truth is when a woman is over pampered it tends to go into her head. Most men don't show the level of care and love your husband has shown you as written by you

from your writeup you haven't mentioned anyway you reciprocated his romantic acts,so is it not possible that you are beginning to see his loving acts as your right? what if he feels dejected that you don't reciprocate and feels the only way to make you do it is commanding you?

maybe you have been so used to it that you demand for it?

I think you should search yourself and see where you have missed it,discuss with your husband respectfully and reciprocate his romantic ways...

Am just thinking outside the box sad

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 20, 2016
freshvine:

Maybe, just maybe, he thought that you would return his favors without needing to be told.

You have been enjoying all his gestures and now you are fighting a war because he wants to be pampered too?
You have a good man and you find it difficult to please him?

I don't even get what problem you have. If you are smart, you will climb mountains to please him and enjoy it.

10 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by freshvine(f): 7:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
agarawu23:
be bold to ask him yourself, nlders can't give u that answer cos we don't know his mind

My fear is that some of his negative friends might have prep him with misogynistic tendencies.

I'll beginning to suspect they'd been cajoling him with being pussywhipped, woman wrapper and those loose words branded by insecure men.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by freshvine(f): 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
raumdeuter:
The juju you used on him expired

When he was doing all those mumu work for you, you no complain, Now he wants a reversal. Either do it or get out of his house

Point of order, I'm a born again. I've given my life to christ so juju is a needless talk.

Let's discuss in the ambit of civility and commonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by agarawu23(m): 7:12pm On Jan 20, 2016
freshvine:

My fear is that some of his negative friends might have prep him with misogynistic tendencies.

I'll beginning to suspect they'd been cajoling him with being pussywhipped, woman wrapper and those loose words branded by insecure men.
madam, stop speaking grammar and start giving him enough web to browse. Sing with his microphone, do those things you think other ladies are doing for him that you aren't doing.
That's if you want him and I am not telling you to use charm on him undecided

5 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by waywardpikin: 7:23pm On Jan 20, 2016
Lol... I swear this is too funny. Well I'm not married but based on the way you described him I think he really was a gentleman and God-sent, hence I believe you're giving a clear depiction of the situation. You mentioned how he had been treating you and sustaining your precious fantasy of how your marriage should be, but you made no mention of how you've been treating him.

Have you been treating him okay? Showing him honor, reverence, respect? Or have you been sitting like a queen with your legs crossed, lapping up all the love and attention to the point where he started feeling like a manservant, disrespected... unloved?

Check yourself honestly lady, don't be selfish. Marriage is all about compromise. Or so I heard...

5 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by freshvine(f): 7:26pm On Jan 20, 2016
misspicy:
Marriage a different ball game lipsrsealed

modified****

After reading this thread I just want to see it another way

your husband has been all romantic and loving,then he suddenly changes 2 years after and starts doing the opposite...
First question is why?

For every action there must be a reaction

and the truth is when a woman is over pampered it tends to go into her head. Most men don't show the level of care and love your husband has shown you as written by you

from your writeup you haven't mentioned anyway you reciprocated his romantic acts,so is it not possible that you are beginning to see his loving acts as your right? what if he feels dejected that you don't reciprocate and feels the only way to make you do it is commanding you?

maybe you have been so used to it that you demand for it?

I think you should search yourself and see where you have missed it,discuss with your husband respectfully and reciprocate his romantic ways...

Am just thinking outside the box sad

I hold your response and suggestions in high esteem.

However the bone of contention is not what I am doing wrong but his overzealous but threatened ego to relegate me to an 18th century substance. This is practically unacceptable and a charade of maladjusted caprice.
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 20, 2016
freshvine:

Possible.
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by waywardpikin: 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
freshvine:

You should realise that people don't stay the same, people change. The person you were when you where in school is not the person you are now. In the same manner, the man you married two years ago is not the same man you married now, he has changed. What you need to do is meet him halfway. Compromise.

What do you mean he is trying to experiment with what is unattainable? PDP said they would rule Nigeria for 60 years, but sometime in May, 2015 power changed hands. That's your current situation.

3 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by waywardpikin: 7:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
freshvine:

You should realise that people don't stay the same, people change. The person you were when you where in school is not the person you are now. In the same manner, the man you married two years ago is not the same man you married now, he has changed. What you need to do is meet him halfway. Compromise.

What do you mean he is trying to experiment with what is unattainable? PDP said they would rule Nigeria for 60 years, but sometime in May, 2015 power changed hands. That's your current situation.

Except you simply want out of the marriage. Perhaps you are bored, cos I don't understand women of nowadays. Words like 'Tame' and 'Digital Age' is giving me the shivers.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by Momcherry(f): 7:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
Asi ocha lipsrsealed
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by freshvine(f): 7:46pm On Jan 20, 2016
waywardpikin:

I do accept the fact that people change. But this is a calculated agenda designed to brittle my womanhood. As callous and unmitigated as it is, I'll never cow to any improper conduct of a draconian hubby.

I just need my hubby, home back.
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by Shiningmama(f): 7:47pm On Jan 20, 2016
freshvine:

You mean I should held the washing water like a senior househelp waiting for him to finish gobbling his meals.

You don't get it. Serving me break fast on bed is qd uite romantic for a wife but dehumanizing me with archaic fantasy of his is another kettle of fish entirely.

Madam, obey before complain. Forget about serving breakfast on bed or wherever being romantic or not. Knee down and serve him his food, he will get tired I tell you.
Whenever you guys have visitor who are not his close friends , serve him anything and make sure you don't stand up till he finished his food. He will fee embarrassed.

6 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by waywardpikin: 7:49pm On Jan 20, 2016
freshvine:

However the bone of contention is not what I am doing wrong but his overzealous but threatened ego to relegate me to an 18th century substance. This is practically unacceptable and a charade of maladjusted caprice.

Lol @ Charade of maladjusted caprice. Inasukwa! The igwe must hear this.....

4 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by freshvine(f): 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2016
Shiningmama:

Madam, obey before complain. Forget about serving breakfast on bed or wherever being romantic or not. Knee down and serve him his food, he will get tired I tell you.
Whenever you guys have visitor who are not his close friends , serve him anything and make sure you don't stand up till he finished his food. He will fee embarrassed.

Are you for real with this obsolete behavioral pattern?

Perhaps, the Beijing conference charter on women liberation and empowerment is a storyline to you or you've not access the document.

For how long do I have to humiliate myself to make him feel egocentric?

I love my marriage but I'll never condescend to any awkward maneuvering of insensitive attitude. I can't justify being a simpleton just to maintain my marriage.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by Chubhie: 8:06pm On Jan 20, 2016
Your husband started what he couldn't finish. Funny he gassed off after two years and probably needs you to man the oars for him to recuperate. you shouldn't be selfish.

5 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by misspicy(f): 8:18pm On Jan 20, 2016
freshvine:

I think if you really want your marriage to be smooth without misunderstanding, you should obey him,after all he is the head of the family
If you relegate to an 18th century substance like you said,it doesn't reduce your value as a woman/mother,it doesn't kill you,and believe me,he will get tired of it all like someone commented....
why not polish and exalt his ego and see what comes out of it?
don't feel threatened,besides it seems he is fed up of obeying you and needs a change.

family front should be handed differently from seminars and feministic tendencies portrayed in workforce

I hope this helps angry

10 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by An0nimus: 8:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
freshvine:
[b]Please ignore the (f) on the moniker I'm marauding on my wife's account. [/b]Though this isn't my first sojourn to Cotonou, the tiny French colony but this trip I am about to narrate is for what it is a funny experience I'd had for a very long time. Telling this tale I got the inspiration from biggiyke thread and I was so enthralled by his communication skills I said to myself I've to add to the humor basket my experience. Ideally, I might not match his detailed analysis but I'll do within my knowledge to cover every parameters.

OP are you male or female?

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by freshvine(f): 8:42pm On Jan 20, 2016
Please where are the Family Section veterans?

Please endeavor to suggest probably guide as to contain this impending conflagration that's about to consume my territorial edifice.
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by freshvine(f): 8:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
An0nimus:

OP are you male or female?

Am she. I've blocked my husband out from using the handle.

He has been using it for his satirical fulfilment and am not comfortable with it anymore
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by TV01(m): 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2016
freshvine:
Misogynist - a man who does not do exactly what a woman wants, when she wants, and how she wants grin. Whether he has changed or not, if it doesn't please you it's simply wrong on his part. You are in a shitty & abusive marriage. See Cococandy and Bukatyne for next steps.

freshvine:
Please where are the Family Section veterans?
I have summoned them for you. You are welcome grin.

TV

Dude, why'd you change sex wink
Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by elomepee: 8:58pm On Jan 20, 2016
Babe, I really don't like commenting but from your story, I just couldn't help but say something.

A man who treated you like a queen, what is wrong if he now desire you to treat him like a King.
You never told us what you did to reciprocate the royalty he showered on you. I don't want to see you as a selfish person.
There is nothing old fashion about serving your husband like a King.
Babe, we are Africans. Wake up and do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Scare : My Husband Becoming Archaic... Help!!! by freshvine(f): 9:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
TV01:

Misogynist - a man who does not do exactly what a woman wants, when she wants, and how she wants grin. Whether he has changed or not, if it doesn't please you it's simply wrong on his part. You are in a shitty & abusive marriage. See Cococandy and Bukatyne for next steps.

I have summoned them for you. You are welcome grin.

TV

Observation!

The two lovable ladies you mention, can they proffer a headway?

There's this cynical mischief in your recommendation and I'd wonder if you're not been sarcastic with me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Will You Handle A ❤️-CHILD In Your Marriage? / I Want To Be A Surrogate Mother / Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.