Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think (37036 Views)

I took This picture 8am Today Morning Can somebody guess wah they are doing??? / See What These Nigerian Students Are Doing At A Birthday Party (see Photos) / These 8 Signs Can Tell You If A Stock Is Doomed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by GreyLaw(m): 8:10pm On Jan 20, 2016
This piece is divided into two: the first part for you as an individual, and the second part for us as Nigerians.

For YOU

Many times we look at our friends or neighbors and think they are doing better we are, not knowing that they are also struggling to solve their own bit of life's puzzle.

Nothing can be further than the truth. Everyone has his own share of life's troubles, but the beautiful thing is that every individual has what it takes to come through whatever challenges life has to offer.

You only have to take your eyes off your chest and look around, and you notice that there are things to be thankful for. No matter how bad you think things are, here are ten signs you're faring better than you think:

#1 You saw today

Life is not a right, but a privilege. If you were able to see the sun set last night, and wake up this morning to see the sun rise, you're doing better you probably think.

#2 You had breakfast

There are millions of people who didn't have breakfast today, and to make matters worse, they aren't sure of dinner. If you had something to eat this morning, you might be doing better than you think.

#3 You have a roof over your head

There are people living under bridges, and in refugee camps, and in all kinds of squalor. But here you are, having a place to call home. You are doing just fine.

#4 You have hope

Hope is what makes us want to keep living. If you have hope of a better tomorrow, and believe that you will achieve your goals, despite what is happening today, then, you are doing just fine. There is every reason to be thankful.

#5 You have clothes

You may not look as dapper as you want right now, but having something to hide your unclothedness in, is a reason to be thankful. That you didn't have much trouble finding something to wear today shows that you're faring better than you think.

#6 You have someone to talk to

A shoulder to cry on, ears to listen to you talk, and a heart to love, are gifts. Be grateful. You're doing better than you think, because there are people roaming the streets without friends and relatives.

#7 You can work

You have hands to work, a brain to think, legs to walk, etc., then you are OK. That dream job may not be there right now, but you have enough to get you by.

#8 You can help others

If there's someone you can feed, clothe, or help in one way or the other, it means you are better than them. Nobody has it all, so to have enough and to spare means that you are faring better than you think.

For NIGERIA

As for our country, Nigeria, we may not be like the USAs and Germanys and UKs of this world, but we have a lot to be thankful for.
Yes, there's unemployment; yes, there is Boko Haram; yes, the economy isn't good right now; and yes, it seems like things are very bad. However, we can look back and see how far we have come.

We over came the civil war, even though many lives were lost. Boko Haram, though threatening fire and brimstone, has not engulfed the whole country. Our economy may not look good right now, but people are still finding a way to survive. And with the present harsh realities on ground, Nigerians are still ingenious, hard-working, and innovative.

As the media give us grim presentations about everything happening in our country, it's so easy to think it's all gloom and doom, and forget to be thankful. We are not Somalia, neither are we Iraq, or Afghanistan, or Syria. And though we sympathize with these countries, we should be grateful that Nigeria hasn't failed.

We may actually be doing better than we want to think. Whatever is happening today, has happened to other great countries of the world, and with time and focus we WILL get it right!

Paraphrased from: http://www.hardcrunch.com/discovery/10-signs-you-are-doing-better-than-you-think.html

cc. lalasticlala ishilove seun

251 Likes 26 Shares

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by LONJITARLE(m): 8:26pm On Jan 20, 2016
#9. (a) You are not sleeping on a hospital bed...

(b) Your body is not lying in a coffin .

Nyc op....

125 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by BushidoBlue(m): 8:56pm On Jan 20, 2016
Walking away grateful.
Thanks

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Lasgidy1(m): 9:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
Jez passing, tot it was a thread abt my crush, Genny or Piped-neck D*ja. Mtcheeeew

Walks outta thread disspointed

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Vivipop(f): 9:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
There isn't any miracle greater than these. I'm grateful and thankful.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
#10 You've not received credit alert from on Rt Colonel.
#11 You're not in DSS custody.
#12 You're not in handcuffs.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by deebsman1(m): 9:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
hmnmm, inspiring and thoughtful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
That's wassup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by tellwisdom: 9:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
Guy, no dey whine me jor angry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
PERSON WEY GET GOD,GET EVERYTHING...SO NO MATTER WAT..GET GOD AND U WILL BE BETTER .

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by CrownPrinceMJ(m): 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
You just nailed it........... Good one!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by linusbnn(m): 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
You can atleast smile even in suffering

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by niggi4life(m): 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
@ OP, you are certainly right..

I just saw the movie " Beast of no nation" and I never ever pray for war in this country Nigeria....

My heart bleeds for those living in the north being terrorized by Boko Haram

I pray the lord should keep them safe.....Amen

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Mightymanna(m): 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
nyc

1 Like

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by barry40: 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
Most times we look at what are not working and forget those things that are working. We human beings count what does not count; and we refuse to count what count. No matter your situation, the things that are working will be more than the things that are not working. Where you are today that you are still complaining about is the prayer point of another person. Therefore, no matter your situation, give thanks to God.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by BIBILARY(m): 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
next thread please

1 Like

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by swhiss: 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
When you have more Likes & Share on nairaland than on any social network

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Atmmachine(m): 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
I use to fucck 10 pusssy in a week, but now, i hardly get just one girl in a week.

That shows I'm doing worst than i think

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
Good one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by chimah3(m): 9:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
Osheyyy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by momodub: 9:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
Na so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
Nice one, am touched and motivated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by IceMan85(m): 9:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by wisenewgem(m): 9:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
kk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by tiamiyukunle69(m): 9:40pm On Jan 20, 2016
I get paid at the end of the month grin
After satisfying my clients and employer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by LEXYCOM: 9:40pm On Jan 20, 2016
This write up just lighten my mood and increase my faith d more cos I have been down and worried since morning

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by HiggsBoson(m): 9:40pm On Jan 20, 2016
this is a beautiful piece... thanks op

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 20, 2016
Am always grateful some have food but cannot eat some can eat but have no food i have food that i can eat glory be to thee oh Lord. Oh God am grateful for my yesterday, today and tomorrow

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by omowolewa: 9:41pm On Jan 20, 2016
Thank God

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Reaches Out To A Poor Old Man After Seeing His Picture On Facebook. Photos / Missing Wallet, ID Cards & Money Found By A Lady (Photos) / Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.