Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think (37035 Views)

I took This picture 8am Today Morning Can somebody guess wah they are doing??? / See What These Nigerian Students Are Doing At A Birthday Party (see Photos) / These 8 Signs Can Tell You If A Stock Is Doomed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Nobody: 4:39am On Jan 21, 2016
Very true, sometimes we need to relax, forget the troubles and have a good time. nothing lasts forever.
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by JohnsonEmma(m): 6:35am On Jan 21, 2016
This is inspiring.
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by FRANKOXY(m): 6:41am On Jan 21, 2016
Oh JESUS thank you for my life today cheesy.
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by FRANKOXY(m): 6:42am On Jan 21, 2016
Oh JESUS thank you for my life today .
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 21, 2016
NovusHomo:

Poor people sha!
Thank you reach people.
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by omoharry(f): 8:00am On Jan 21, 2016
LEXYCOM:
This write up just lighten my mood and increase my faith d more cos I have been down and worried since morning
Thesame with me
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by marypearl(f): 8:39am On Jan 21, 2016
I was moody all night but with this write up, i have lighten up a bit. God bless the hand that typed this message.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Ayoola171(m): 8:46am On Jan 21, 2016
Op, wishing more greese to your elbow.
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by femmyAdagba(m): 10:14am On Jan 21, 2016
I will b grateful to God forever. Cos E hav bin faithful to me. He av bin working wonders. Preventing d penetration of my enemies into my affairs. Altho there might b some challenges I am facing right now, E is too powerful to let dem overpower me.
Satan SHAME unto You, All praises to my Creator
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by GreyLaw(m): 10:38am On Jan 21, 2016
LEXYCOM:
This write up just lighten my mood and increase my faith d more cos I have been down and worried since morning

Good to know the piece helped. Keep your eyes up; things will work out.
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by GreyLaw(m): 10:45am On Jan 21, 2016
placeofallure:
Grey law, you have reached out to me the way a pastor may not be able to. I love this and just so you know, I'm awe inspired any grateful to God for my life.

Thank God. Let the little things you have in life inspire you.
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:38am On Jan 21, 2016
LONJITARLE:
#9. (a) You are not sleeping on a hospital bed...

(b) Your body is not lying in a coffin .

Nyc op....

This is great
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by XaintJoel20: 11:39am On Jan 21, 2016
This piece couldn't have come at a better time than now.
As an unemployed graduate, I have been down and been thinking that could be one of the worse thing that can happen to me presently, but this write up has helped a great deal in lightening my mood.
It's obvious there is great hope for the future...
Thanks OP...
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by LONJITARLE(m): 11:46am On Jan 21, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

This is great
thank you.
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by mart2k(m): 1:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
GreyLaw:
This piece is divided into two: the first part for you as an individual, and the second part for us as Nigerians.

For YOU

Many times we look at our friends or neighbors and think they are doing better we are, not knowing that they are also struggling to solve their own bit of life's puzzle.

Nothing can be further than the truth. Everyone has his own share of life's troubles, but the beautiful thing is that every individual has what it takes to come through whatever challenges life has to offer.

You only have to take your eyes off your chest and look around, and you notice that there are things to be thankful for. No matter how bad you think things are, here are ten signs you're faring better than you think:

#1 You saw today

Life is not a right, but a privilege. If you were able to see the sun set last night, and wake up this morning to see the sun rise, you're doing better you probably think.

#2 You had breakfast

There are millions of people who didn't have breakfast today, and to make matters worse, they aren't sure of dinner. If you had something to eat this morning, you might be doing better than you think.

#3 You have a roof over your head

There are people living under bridges, and in refugee camps, and in all kinds of squalor. But here you are, having a place to call home. You are doing just fine.

#4 You have hope

Hope is what makes us want to keep living. If you have hope of a better tomorrow, and believe that you will achieve your goals, despite what is happening today, then, you are doing just fine. There is every reason to be thankful.

#5 You have clothes

You may not look as dapper as you want right now, but having something to hide your unclothedness in, is a reason to be thankful. That you didn't have much trouble finding something to wear today shows that you're faring better than you think.

#6 You have someone to talk to

A shoulder to cry on, ears to listen to you talk, and a heart to love, are gifts. Be grateful. You're doing better than you think, because there are people roaming the streets without friends and relatives.

#7 You can work

You have hands to work, a brain to think, legs to walk, etc., then you are OK. That dream job may not be there right now, but you have enough to get you by.

#8 You can help others

If there's someone you can feed, clothe, or help in one way or the other, it means you are better than them. Nobody has it all, so to have enough and to spare means that you are faring better than you think.

For NIGERIA

As for our country, Nigeria, we may not be like the USAs and Germanys and UKs of this world, but we have a lot to be thankful for.
Yes, there's unemployment; yes, there is Boko Haram; yes, the economy isn't good right now; and yes, it seems like things are very bad. However, we can look back and see how far we have come.

We over came the civil war, even though many lives were lost. Boko Haram, though threatening fire and brimstone, has not engulfed the whole country. Our economy may not look good right now, but people are still finding a way to survive. And with the present harsh realities on ground, Nigerians are still ingenious, hard-working, and innovative.

As the media give us grim presentations about everything happening in our country, it's so easy to think it's all gloom and doom, and forget to be thankful. We are not Somalia, neither are we Iraq, or Afghanistan, or Syria. And though we sympathize with these countries, we should be grateful that Nigeria hasn't failed.

We may actually be doing better than we want to think. Whatever is happening today, has happened to other great countries of the world, and with time and focus we WILL get it right!

Paraphrased from: http://www.hardcrunch.com/discovery/10-signs-you-are-doing-better-than-you-think.html

cc. lalasticlala ishilove seun
I am almost moved to tears. So, m doing better than I think. All thanks to God. Though m not where I ought to b but, I v a lot of hope n bliv in my creator that my tomorrow wl b better n joyous. OP, thanks for dis piece
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by GreyLaw(m): 2:35pm On Jan 21, 2016
mart2k:
I am almost moved to tears. So, m doing better than I think. All thanks to God. Though m not where I ought to b but, I v a lot of hope n bliv in my creator that my tomorrow wl b better n joyous. OP, thanks for dis piece

That's the spirit, bro. Thank God.
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by GreyLaw(m): 2:50pm On Jan 21, 2016
Kazna69:
What ticks me off is when smart @$$ people like you think they're an expert in solving life problems.

Yea like
Going through a mid life crisis in your early twenties, watch it spiral outta control...
quit school cos the grades suck so bad meaning it's not what you're good at...
then you have no Uni degrees cos duh society says it's a requirement to get a goddamn dead end job,

then no job, no job no money, still live in your parents house closing in on age 30,

even friends you knew in high school just for dome odd reason don't give a flying Fûck about you no more,
sister thinks you're nothing but a psycho all cos you saw her crying on her way in & when you found out why, dashed out with a knife in fury to defend her honour & pride as a big brother but months later same sister snitches on you,
& has you put in a happy house & most likely wishes you were deserted there,
then you start to conclude maybe you're not ever in the least bit capable of attracting a female let a lone have a relationship or get married regardless of how good looking people say you are cos you've never had any gf & you wonder if no one wants you to be their bf,
no relevant skills to get a sidejob,
no money to pay for tuition should you decide to back to the horror that is "school",

mother quit the marriage & left when you were 18,

Pops is sick af with kidney problems with no cash in sight to pay for a damn surgery to save his life,

With the threat of the landlady throwing you out the house cos "dat rent money doe"

Can't sleep at night cos of Insomnia + no electricity + mosquitoes & all you do is toss & turn at night till morning before you get 3hrs of sleep & wake up with migraines & body aches cos the anxiety is winning by the second which leads to open possibility of SUICIDE!

So yea tell me how to fix that Mr Expert, I'd like your expertise & input if you're patient enough to read though this.

Firstly, I don't claim to be an expert at solving people's problems. Am not God. But if I must say, am really sorry for all the things you've had to go through, and sometimes, no one can really tell the reason for all the troubles. Just know that life is built in such a way that it throws different people different things to grapple with. Be consoled in the fact that you will come through it someday.

You may not be able to bear other people's burdens, and nobody can bear what you are going through. You alone have what it takes to be you, and you will come through it if you hold on.

I may not come on nairaland to tell you all I've been through -- and still going through -- but, trust me, I have seen the red side of life. And I wrote this piece from experience and from the depth of my heart.

Finally, try Jesus.

1 Like

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by texybaby(f): 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2016
Really this piece came at a time I just need it...it's helpful n encouraging....tnx op n nairaland....loads of luv
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
GreyLaw bless u bro. I needed this pick-me-up tonight. Here I am hitching about my laptop, phone acting up and generator set forgetting I have a lot to be thankful for. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by GreyLaw(m): 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2016
vivaciousvivi:
GreyLaw bless u bro. I needed this pick-me-up tonight. Here I am hitching about my laptop, phone acting up and generator set forgetting I have a lot to be thankful for. Cheers.

Thank you. Never let what you don't have make you forget to be thankful for the things you have.

1 Like

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Nobody: 4:42am On Jan 22, 2016
Work smarter.

Pray harder.

Life gets better..
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Nobody: 4:45am On Jan 22, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

Only you have laptop, phone and generator.

Chei, u are greedy o
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:58am On Jan 22, 2016
Naughtysite:

Only you have laptop, phone and generator.

Chei, u are greedy o
My dear, when everything gets damaged in one day, the thing dey pain o. No be greed matter
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

My dear, when everything gets damaged in one day, the thing dey pain o. No be greed matter

Your boo will buy another one nah.

Transfer the budget jare... cheesy
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
Naughtysite:

Your boo will buy another one nah.

Transfer the budget jare... cheesy
Transfer what? These days a Boo dey get another Boo o!
I am OYO tins
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 25, 2016
GreyLaw:

Firstly, I don't claim to be an expert at solving people's problems. Am not God. But if I must say, am really sorry for all the things you've had to go through, and sometimes, no one can really tell the reason for all the troubles. Just know that life is built in such a way that it throws different people different things to grapple with. Be consoled in the fact that you will come through it someday.

You may not be able to bear other people's burdens, and nobody can bear what you are going through. You alone have what it takes to be you, and you will come through it if you hold on.

I may not come on nairaland to tell you all I've been through -- and still going through -- but, trust me, I have seen the red side of life. And I wrote this piece from experience and from the depth of my heart.

Finally, try Jesus.

As much as I've been raised in a super conservative household that is now defunct cos my mom split, I really haven't gotten anything from so-called religion so excuse me if I'm allowed to say gods don't exist. Having a falsified belief in a unproven, nonexistent being doesn't exactly solve shiit really. I wish I was different, had the skills to get a good @$$ job, paid a crop ton of money but no. I simply have one of those Fûckd up lives that I fear I may not recover from or correct. "I'm not stupid, I'm right brained!" is a phrase I keep close to chest. I just need a job, so I can stay out the house, come home in evenings & cycle that.
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by NovusHomo(m): 3:56am On Feb 17, 2016
Vision2045:

Thank you reach people.

Did you mean "RICH"?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Reaches Out To A Poor Old Man After Seeing His Picture On Facebook. Photos / Missing Wallet, ID Cards & Money Found By A Lady (Photos) / Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.