Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

How To Develop An Android App (android Studio) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Develop An Android App (android Studio) (2261 Views)

Help Fix This Android Studio Error Dhtml18 And Otherd / What It Takes To Develop An Android App (for Beginners Only) / Is There Any Alternative To Android Studio For Making Andriod Apps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Develop An Android App (android Studio) by omosko(m): 8:28pm On Jan 20, 2016
I want to create an android app, church hymn to be precise,
after much research, i was able to gather some knowledge on the best application to use in developing android app. Which is Android Studio.
Pls any brief tutorial on where/how to start?
Re: How To Develop An Android App (android Studio) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 20, 2016
Start from here - http://developer.android.com/index.html (at least na where me i take start be that and now i am trying sha - i still be olodo-small mind you).
Re: How To Develop An Android App (android Studio) by omosko(m): 8:42pm On Jan 20, 2016
dhtml18:
Start from here - http://developer.android.com/index.html (at least na where me i take start be that and now i am trying sha - i still be olodo-small mind you).

Lolss.. But at least u don create app...
Re: How To Develop An Android App (android Studio) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
create a blank activities
in the main.xml

you will see change it to a larger texts change the background
android:text ="page one"

create another xml
android :text ="page two" and so on

put a button to go to the next page using intent to move to the next page by add some code to main activities.java .

add some cool stuff like search and tool bar with sliding menu or navigation drawer using material design

1 Like

Re: How To Develop An Android App (android Studio) by omosko(m): 9:04pm On Jan 20, 2016
proxy20:
create a blank activities
in the main.xml

you will see change it to a larger texts change the background
android:text ="page one"

create another xml
android :text ="page two" and so on

put a button to go to the next page using intent to move to the next page by add some code to main activities.java .

add some cool stuff like search and tool bar with sliding menu or navigation drawer using material design

This hymn book i want to create should have 3 pages, the first page, the page that all d hymn book no and title will be and the page to read the hymn... So pls how can i go about it
Re: How To Develop An Android App (android Studio) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 20, 2016
3 xml file . try to create an image for the background . write your contents with ms word and paste them in
android :text ="put page one contents here "
Re: How To Develop An Android App (android Studio) by omosko(m): 9:10pm On Jan 20, 2016
proxy20:
3 xml file . try to create an image for the background

I have an image i will love to use as the background... Hw will i apply/upload it?
Re: How To Develop An Android App (android Studio) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 20, 2016
Go to the image and copy it you will see the mipmap in the drawable folder right click and paste it rename it in small letters . After there click design in the xml and scroll down in properties ,you where to change background image to the one you want .
Re: How To Develop An Android App (android Studio) by omosko(m): 9:21pm On Jan 20, 2016
proxy20:
Go to the image and copy it you will see the mipmap in the drawable folder right click and paste it rename it in small letters . After there click design in the xml and scroll down in properties ,you where to change background image to the one you want .
Wooow that is interesting.

How can redirect a button to the second page... E.g Go to Hymn (button dat will link to the second page)
Re: How To Develop An Android App (android Studio) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 20, 2016
u will see button in palette . use intent read documentation on android developer site @dhtml gave you .

1 Like

Re: How To Develop An Android App (android Studio) by omosko(m): 9:30pm On Jan 20, 2016
proxy20:
u will see button in palette . use intent read documentation on android developer site @dhtml gave you .

Tanks boss... I would like to follow u up... Can i gat ur whatsapp no or fb link
Re: How To Develop An Android App (android Studio) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 20, 2016
post your questions here
Re: How To Develop An Android App (android Studio) by guynupe(m): 7:52pm On Jan 21, 2016
This is an App created by a Nairalander, contact him......u might run things together
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebvnhlmng4bqe0l/app-release.apk?dl=0
Re: How To Develop An Android App (android Studio) by omosko(m): 9:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
guynupe:
This is an App created by a Nairalander, contact him......u might runs things together
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebvnhlmng4bqe0l/app-release.apk?dl=0

Hw do i contact him pls
Re: How To Develop An Android App (android Studio) by guynupe(m): 9:07pm On Jan 21, 2016
omosko:

Hw do i contact him pls

his contact is on the app

(1) (Reply)

Ms-cobol 4.5 Or 5.0 / Help Using Python And Netbeans / Becoming An Apple Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.