Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) (5455 Views)

Work Commences On Federal Roads In Imo -as Minister Of Works Visits Okorocha / Gombe Youths Reject Amina Abubakar-umar As Minister / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Bigpicture(f): 9:04pm On Jan 20, 2016
A mild drama played out at an MTN registration outlet in Abuja when a certain Muslim woman refused to remove her ‘hijab’ to complete her SIM registration process.

Following the fine imposed on MTN by the Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, for having about 5 million unregistered SIMs in its network, it started another round of SIM cards registration in the country to meet up with the January deadline.

At the Garki II, Lagos street MTN outlet, a Yoruba-speaking Muslim woman covered with hijab, refused security search at the entrance to the registration centre.

We gathered that the Muslim woman said she will not unveil herself before she will gain access into an office ‘in her own country.’

A police officer, who was acting on instructions to check every customer before they gained access into the office, told a reporter that, “This woman is a suspect.

“How can you come to a public place dressed like this and you expect to gain access into an office that is not yours?

“No one knows what she has under her veil. She may be carrying a bomb, who knows?

“This is the reason why we insisted on searching her and she claimed she is a Minister’s wife,” the officer said.

Meanwhile, the purported Minister’s wife gained access into the office through the intervention of one of the MTN staff who identified herself simply as Zainab.

Zainab, the front desk Manager, said the unidentified woman asked to be privately attended to as she cannot unveil herself in public.

According to her, “The woman asked me to register her in a private room because she cannot remove her veil. I told her it is not in any way possible and after pleading, I asked her, “what if I want to take your photo during the registration?”

See more Photos on http://ladygbeborun.com/4494-2/

1 Share

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Jazzlite: 9:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
tongue
Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Leboska(m): 9:06pm On Jan 20, 2016
If I'm in charge there she must remove it or she goes back home.

7 Likes

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by CACAWA(m): 9:14pm On Jan 20, 2016
hahah
Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by victorD3: 9:16pm On Jan 20, 2016
I blame GEJ

4 Likes

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Frankiss44(m): 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2016
Craze people...
Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Mamatee07: 10:22pm On Jan 20, 2016
Rubbish, how is anyone suppossed to verigy her identity when she's dressed like a masquerade. Lagbaja sef should go with his face covered too

6 Likes

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
victorD3:
I blame GEJ
leave GEJ out of this! God damn it!

1 Like

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by seankay(m): 1:25am On Jan 21, 2016
blinded by religion lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by oduastates: 1:47am On Jan 21, 2016
They should tell her to get to hell.
Until people realise how Backward those 2 religions are.
One example
Today, a woman baring her chest in a shade , by the river side or in a moment of Leisure is regarded as a prostitute.
Whereas, our forefathers openly flaunted and celebrated their sexuality in private, during festivals, breastfeeding etc
The woman's breast was regarded as something for feeding the baby.
Even today, breastfeeding in public is frowned upon in Europe and America.
The breastfeeding has become an object of pleasure.
The Europeans are just getting to this level of civilisationand the arabs are stuck in the stone age.
The Arab's case without oil would have been worse than Africa's
Unfortunately we are stuck with the garbage they left us.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Mrbigman1(m): 3:56am On Jan 21, 2016
So a ministers wife dnt show her face in public.

Not even bill Gate's wife!

Dart!!!!

1 Like

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Nobody: 4:22am On Jan 21, 2016
Can u imagine the nonsense.
Coming to a public event dressed like egungun.
I imagine a world without religion.
Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by vedaxcool(m): 6:24am On Jan 21, 2016
oduastates:
They should tell her to get to hell.
Until people realise how Backward those 2 religions are.
One example
Today, a woman baring her chest in a shade , by the river side or in a moment of Leisure is regarded as a prostitute.
Whereas, our forefathers openly flaunted and celebrated their sexuality in private, during festivals, breastfeeding etc
The woman's breast was regarded as something for feeding the baby.
Even today, breastfeeding in public is frowned upon in Europe and America.
The breastfeeding has become an object of pleasure.
The Europeans are just getting to this level of civilisationand the arabs are stuck in the stone age.
The Arab's case without oil would have been worse than Africa's
Unfortunately we are stuck with the garbage they left us.

And your forefathers were selling you intp slavery, sacrificing twins for being twins, living in all sort of superstition etc

3 Likes

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 21, 2016
This is one of those "religious freedoms" tenets that I actually think people should uphold.....

If it was me, I wouldn't make her remove it. I think it's wrong to do so

1 Like

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 21, 2016
That's not a hijab. A hijab doesn't cover the face - just the hair, ears and neck. That's a niqab.

2 Likes

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by ehissi(m): 6:49am On Jan 21, 2016
MrsPhyno:
This is one of those "religious freedoms" tenets that I actually think people should uphold.....

Nobdy asked her to remove her Hijab or burka or whatever, but given the fact that she wanted to enter a public building/crowd, in a city where people have used that same veiled attire to perform successful sucide bombing attacks; then she shouldn't be offended if they insist she must be searched before she enters the building!! Except she shares the same sentiments about the people that suicide bombers seek to attack!!

Before she got there, nobody asked her to do anything!! Even in Saudi arabia, if a woman, accompanied or unaccompanied, arrives veiled at the airport, they are searched so why should this woman's case be different!!

I would have understood her offence/anger if a man wanted to search her but from the story here, it was obvious that awoman like her wanted to search her, so what is her problem??

If you don't want to be "Unveiled" then go away; after all I have not heard anywhere, were Sim registration is a requirement for obtaining Heaven in the Quran!!

If you want to do sim registration, then do what is required; if you can't do it, then go home and stop conducting yourself in a way that endangers people or take actions that are against public interest!!

Chikenan!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by girl4rmspace(f): 6:59am On Jan 21, 2016
Why do they even wear things like this sef? Is their face too pretty or too holy to be exposed?
Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 21, 2016
ehissi:

Nobdy asked her to remove her Hijab or burka or whatever, but given the fact that she wanted to enter a public building/crowd, in a city where people have used that same veiled attire to perform successful sucide bombing attacks; then she shouldn't be offended if they insist she must be searched before she enters the building!! Except she shares the same sentiments about the people that suicide bombers seek to attack!!

Before she got there, nobody asked her to do anything!! Even in Saudi arabia, if a woman, accompanied or unaccompanied, arrives veiled at the airport, they are searched so why should this woman's case be different!!

I would have understood her offence/anger if a man wanted to search her but from the story here, it was obvious that awoman like her wanted to search her, so what is her problem??

If you don't want to be "Unveiled" then go away; after all I have not heard anywhere, were Sim registration is a requirement for obtaining Heaven in the Quran!!

If you want to do sim registration, then do what is required; if you can't do it, then go home and stop conducting yourself in a way that endangers people or take actions that are against public interest!!

Chikenan!!
Lmao.

Yeah I agree, a search is acceptable

1 Like

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by HammerEvery(f): 7:44am On Jan 21, 2016
Mohammedian religion is archaic. Why should they even use phone manufactured by the kaffurs?
Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Lanretoye(m): 8:37am On Jan 21, 2016
MrsPhyno:

Rubbish,the same woman goes to american embassy,she won't be told before she removes the veil from the entrance.
She is not supposed to be captured with anything that conceals her identity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by calitosprince(m): 9:42am On Jan 21, 2016
was she the only religious person there? how can a human cover from up to toes and want to use technology she be mugu

1 Like

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Joeace3000(m): 9:57am On Jan 21, 2016
I am a Christian and if we Christians make fun of Muslims who are practicing what they believe in, how are we different from unbelievers who laugh at our own practice. In a world where religion is highly regarded and people take it passionately, why not create systems that can help people do their thing peacefully.. In a mosque, there are no drum sets or guitars and all of that because it is a mosque so also should people like this get treatments befitting them. Nothing wrong in mtn creating special booths manned by Muslim women in areas where Muslim womem dominate, nothing wrong with searches by fellow Muslim women, nothing wrong in using bomb detector machines in select locations with predominantly Muslims. We just want to paint people bad so we will feel good. We Christians will be wanting this people to find the light, yet mock them and exhibit an attitude that even God spits on

3 Likes

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by acemanager: 10:08am On Jan 21, 2016
Joeace3000:
I am a Christian and if we Christians make fun of Muslims who are practicing what they believe in, how are we different from unbelievers who laugh at our own practice. In a world where religion is highly regarded and people take it passionately, why not create systems that can help people do their thing peacefully.. In a mosque, there are no drum sets or guitars and all of that because it is a mosque so also should people like this get treatments befitting them. Nothing wrong in mtn creating special booths manned by Muslim women in areas where Muslim womem dominate, nothing wrong with searches by fellow Muslim women, nothing wrong in using bomb detector machines in select locations with predominantly Muslims. We just want to paint people bad so we will feel good. We Christians will be wanting this people to find the light, yet mock them and exhibit an attitude that even God spits on

Thanks bro, I'd like to reach you. I saw some of your threads too.. I am interested

1 Like

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 21, 2016
please can a Moslem educate us on the reason why some nigerian moslem women insist on using the niqab that covers every part of their body.

is this modesty taken too far?

I remembered one woman totally dressed up like that in my former area where I was staying trying to exchange pleasantries.

I totally ignored her. how the heck am I supposed to know who was greeting me under the niqab anyway. you wanna have a conversation with me, then I too need to see your face.

like the yorubas say, oju loro wa.

1 Like

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by csamii: 10:16am On Jan 21, 2016
Joeace3000:

You know what segregation is? Read what you posted again. Giving them preferential in the name of religion tolerance is bullsh!t.

1 Like

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Oyinoyin: 10:22am On Jan 21, 2016
MrsPhyno:

So what will u have her do pls ? , will really appreciate ur response so we learn
Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Oyinoyin: 10:27am On Jan 21, 2016
MrsPhyno:

Lmao.

Yeah I agree, a search is acceptable

After searching how on earth do u snap her , maybe her husband or their husband should register all their SIM for them and stop causing nuisance around, if na to collect American Visa she go uncover ooo.

1 Like

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Oyinoyin: 10:30am On Jan 21, 2016
Joeace3000:

All accepted but how do you snap such a person pls ? Maybe we look for special camera to do that, wisdom is profitable to direct
Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by akp202(m): 10:40am On Jan 21, 2016
so because u re a minister's wife u should be given a preferential treatment? ur husband ain't d first minister in nigeria n won't be d last
Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Joeace3000(m): 10:49am On Jan 21, 2016
Oyinoyin:

All accepted but how do you snap such a person pls ? Maybe we look for special camera to do that, wisdom is profitable to direct

Its still for them to have a fellow female Muslim do that in a private place set up for it. The main thing is that it has been verified she has no bomb on.
Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Joeace3000(m): 10:51am On Jan 21, 2016
Oyinoyin:

After searching how on earth do u snap her , maybe her husband or their husband should register all their SIM for them and stop causing nuisance around, if na to collect American Visa she go uncover ooo.

A booth with a fellow Muslim woman can do that. They just don't wanna expose themselves outside where everyone is

1 Like

Re: Drama As Minister’s Wife Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (photos) by Mamatee07: 10:56am On Jan 21, 2016
Joeace3000:

A booth with a fellow Muslim woman can do that. They just don't wanna expose themselves outside where everyone is

I hope if a traditional worshipper that's a masquerade comes they would have someone from his own religion available too since he too may not want to uncover in front of the uninitiated? once you give a privilege to one you must give to all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Buhari ‘disappoints’ Billionaire Indimi, Cancel Zahra’s Wedding / Re:re What Have Yoruba Ever Produced / Atiku Abubakar Dumps APC, Returns To PDP To Get Presidential Ticket.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.