Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,812 members, 7,802,615 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

T's Garage (landrover And Cars) - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / T's Garage (landrover And Cars) (65491 Views)

Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / LandRover Unveils Its Most Expensive Model Ever,£177k RangeRover SVAutobiograhy / Countries And Cars They Produce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 11:03am On Mar 21, 2017
dumo1:
LeJeun3 please do kindly drop your contact I need to contact you with regards to the range rover brand.

Contact is my signature.... 08099725628

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by erico2k2(m): 1:09pm On Mar 21, 2017
LeJeun3:

Distribution of air to suspension (front and back)

There is another one which is a the center control valve, supplies the corner valves!

Thanks.I only saw that as my bumper came off as due to impact .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by Nobody: 5:01am On Mar 22, 2017
erico2k2:
Thanks.I only saw that as my bumper came off as due to impact .
Have you been able to fix it back to its original position?
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by erico2k2(m): 8:48am On Mar 22, 2017
dumo1:

Have you been able to fix it back to its original position?
h nah I took it off myself it's behind the slam bar which is bent . I need to change that then it's going back in . I will be careful not to let any tube pull out now I know it got to do with air.
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 12:19am On Mar 23, 2017
erico2k2:
h nah I took it off myself it's behind the slam bar which is bent . I need to change that then it's going back in . I will be careful not to let any tube pull out now I know it got to do with air.

Cheers.....

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 11:54pm On Mar 29, 2017

Built from down up......

Built to last!

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by Nobody: 12:11am On Mar 30, 2017
LeJeun3:

Built from down up......

Built to last!
is that a normal engine or a super charged engine?
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 8:46am On Mar 30, 2017
dumo1:

is that a normal engine or a super charged engine?

Supercharged engine.....

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 4:57pm On Apr 13, 2017

We still do Range Rovers ,call us today!

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by makavele: 5:20pm On Apr 13, 2017
I would love to buy an Evoque for my wife on our wedding anniversary
Trust you can do an inspection for me when I am ready
Your in-depth knowledge blows my mind !
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 2:37pm On Apr 16, 2017
makavele:
I would love to buy an Evoque for my wife on our wedding anniversary
Trust you can do an inspection for me when I am ready
Your in-depth knowledge blows my mind !

Will be a pleasure.....

We will stay away from electric steering racks... wink

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by erico2k2(m): 3:16pm On Apr 16, 2017
LeJeun3:

Will be a pleasure.....

We will stay away from electric steering racks... wink

r they that complicated? I heard they are better?
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by makavele: 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2017
erico2k2:

me too !
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 9:32am On Apr 25, 2017
erico2k2:

No serviceable parts!

Replacement cost is way over the top.
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by erico2k2(m): 11:19am On Apr 25, 2017
LeJeun3:

No serviceable parts!

Replacement cost is way over the top.
Down here they re kit them .I wish someone will learn how to do this and earn loads of money in 9ja
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 11:29am On Apr 25, 2017
erico2k2:

Down here they re kit them .I wish someone will learn how to do this and earn loads of money in 9ja

Wish I could learn to kit them too. However, still boils down to having to buy the kit from the UK or US to have the job done.

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by erico2k2(m): 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2017
LeJeun3:

Wish I could learn to kit them too. However, still boils down to having to buy the kit from the UK or US to have the job done.

Yes true with this forex regime nah God go see is fru .
B4 U could buy the kits amd have them shipped .
Let me ask Do you have break caliper re kit kits there ?
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 10:17pm On Apr 25, 2017
erico2k2:

Yes true with this forex regime nah God go see is fru .
B4 U could buy the kits amd have them shipped .
Let me ask Do you have break caliper re kit kits there ?

Yes we do............
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by erico2k2(m): 8:00am On Apr 26, 2017
LeJeun3:

Yes we do............
That's great . I hope loads of people know thiers can be rebuilt

1 Like

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 4:10pm On May 01, 2017

Use original fluids..................

Booster now available!

1 Share

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 01, 2017
LeJeun3:

Use original fluids..................

Booster now available!

Oga pls where is your workshop
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 8:18pm On May 01, 2017
dumo1:

Oga pls where is your workshop

My workspace is in Ebutte Metta, right inside the Railways quarters. . . .

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 10:52pm On May 07, 2017

A beach race is coming up on the 29th of May! Watch this space for more info..... Come and get first hand taste of full power with control..............

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 10:54pm On May 07, 2017

Octane Boosters making a difference every day........... Get yours today!! grin grin

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 2:58pm On May 08, 2017

If Range Rovers Are So Unreliable, Why Do People Still Buy Them?
Hi Doug,

I was wondering why you think cars that have such a terrible reputation for reliability, such as the Range Rover, remain so popular. You would think that their reputation will eventually catch up to them, but instead they are still the luxury SUV to get. I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts, especially considering you own(ed?) one.

Best,

Earvin

Let’s start this off by getting one thing clear, Earvin: I still own my Range Rover. My beautiful, handsome, 2006 Range Rover; the Range Rover that has provided an expensive headache to the wonderful folks at CarMax for the better part of three years now. I love it deeply. It is a member of my family. I sometimes give it hugs when I finish driving it for the day. I like to stroke its dashboard as if it were a walrus in a petting zoo. Occasionally I talk to it. There are currently two warning lights illuminated in its dashboard.

Which, frankly, is a great segue into why people still buy Land Rovers even though they offer the same level of durability as convenience store electronics.

Here’s the deal, Earvin: for the last year or so, I admit I’ve been strongly considering replacing my Range Rover with a Toyota Land Cruiser when the warranty runs out. And here’s why: the Range Rover forums are filled with people asking questions like “What’s this noise?” or “What’s this warning light?” or “What’s this fluid in my interior?” Whereas the Land Cruiser forums are filled with people showing off the fact that they recently drove from Charlotte, North Carolina, to rural Tanzania using only street tires and a snorkel.

But then, a few months ago, I had the chance to get up close and personal with a 2013 Land Cruiser, which is the model I want. And do you know what I discovered? The turn signal stalk is from a Toyota Sienna. The steering wheel is from a Toyota Tundra. The window switches are from a Toyota Camry. The Land Cruiser – the mighty Land Cruiser, with its go-anywhere persona and its near-$90,000 price tag – is a parts bin special.

So why, you are asking, does this matter?

Here’s why: have you ever sat in a Range Rover? I mean, seriously. The thing is gorgeous. It’s beautiful. The interior is filled with perfectly woven leather and handsome electronics and a lot of other stuff you can’t afford and shouldn’t touch with your grimy little meathooks. It’s the perfect automotive accessory for the kind of person who pays $84 for a designer clothes hanger at the kind of designer furniture store where the salesperson sneers at you even if you buy something.

And it’s not just the Land Cruiser that suffers from this parts bin issue. Ultimately, the Infiniti QX80 shares many interior components with other, cheaper Infiniti models. The Escalade is just a really nice Tahoe. The Lincoln Navigator is an outdated dinosaur. The Mercedes G-Wagen is really the only SUV that offers the same level of bespoke character as the Range Rover – but most Range Rover people I talk to (including myself) think the G-Wagen goes a little too far down the “asshole” scale for serious consideration. NOTE: If your car is “too asshole” for Range Rover buyers, it may be time to start dialing it back a little.

This sort of thing may not matter to you, but it matters to the kind of person who spends ninety grand on a luxury SUV. They don’t want their car to share a drivetrain with the Chevy Tahoe. They don’t want to push a window switch from a Toyota Avalon. They don’t want to experience the Lincoln Navigator’s N SYNC-era interior. They want everything to be special, unique, high-quality, even if – ultimately – that low-volume “specialness” is probably the major reason Range Rovers are so unreliable.

But don’t they care that Range Rovers are unreliable? The answer is, quite frankly, no, they don’t. One of my favorite columns I’ve ever written dealt with this exact issue. In it, I argued that Land Rover doesn’t need to worry about reliability scores, and J.D. Power ratings, and Consumer Reports, because they consistently lose every metric and yet their cars still sell for full sticker – and they usually have a waiting list. Simply put, Range Rover buyers don’t consider things like cost of ownership and long-term durability. They want the nicest car they can get, they own it solely under warranty, and then they get a new one.

Clearly, Land Rover recognizes this fact. The single best proof of this I’ve ever seen came merely yesterday, when forgotten luxury brand Jaguar (MOTTO: More than just something to look at while your Land Rover is being serviced!) rolled out a new “Elite Care” plan that extends the brand’s standard bumper-to-bumper warranty to 5 years and 60,000 miles — now the longest in the luxury car business — and added roadside assistance and free maintenance for that same term.

During the press conference, they explained they created this warranty because buyers have a “poor perception” of Jaguar reliability, and they want to help change that. But what about the reliability of Jaguar’s sister brand, Land Rover? Don’t buyers have a poor perception of that, too? Shouldn’t they get your slick new warranty?

Er, no. Nada. That warranty is only for Jaguar.

Because the good folks at Tata know that Land Rovers will keep breaking. And Land Rover buyers will keep buying them. And so goes the circle of life in upscale suburbia.

@DougDeMuro is the author of Plays With Cars. He owned an E63 AMG wagon and once tried to evade police at the Tail of the Dragon using a pontoon boat. (It didn’t work.) He worked as a manager for Porsche Cars North America before quitting to become a writer, largely because it meant he no longer had to wear pants. Also, he wrote this entire bio himself in the third person.

http://jalopnik.com/if-range-rovers-are-so-unreliable-why-do-people-still-1728727599

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 12:28am On May 09, 2017

Happy Birthday to me. . . . . . Free scans coming up!

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by Dollabiz: 1:07pm On May 09, 2017
Hmmm
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 1:29pm On May 09, 2017
Dollabiz:
Hmmm

cheesy
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 1:58pm On May 13, 2017

Do you own a Range Rover Sports or Discovery without a functional cool box...

Genuine replacements now available for install.

1 Share

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 2:01pm On May 13, 2017

I have 3 pieces of 275/40 R20 tyres 3months used.... For quick sale!

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 10:13pm On May 17, 2017

Been considering a couple of issues on the Land Rover Brand and I have been able to confirm that tire sizes affect the overall well being of the suspension (both mechanical and dynamic).

I realised cars with low profile tyres (275/40 R20) have more suspension related problems than those who drive with High profile tyres (275/55 R20 or 265/50 R20) .....

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 10:20pm On May 17, 2017

Advantages of a high profile tire -

1. Gives good ride comfort. Great on Nigerian bumpy roads.
2. Cheaper cost (relative)
3. Better FE.

Advantages of low profile tire -
1. Good handling on corners at high speed.
2. Great looks (on range rovers with standard rims car looks malnourished)
3. Better Braking capability.

The advantage of one is the disadvantage of the other. All in all if you are not into track racing and don't care about looks one should go for higher profile tires.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Climbs On Bonnet Of Car In Ibadan Over N50 This Morning (Photos) / Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? / Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.