Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince (5737 Views)

A Brand New Body At The Blast Of A Trumpet - Joseph Prince / Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) / You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:10am On Jan 21, 2016
1 Corinthians 11:26
For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.

In the Old Testament, whenever the children of Israel sacrificed a lamb for a burnt offering as they faced a strong enemy, victory was theirs. For example, in 1 Samuel 7:7–11, when the Philistines were coming against them, the prophet Samuel offered a lamb as a burnt offering. As it was being offered, the Lord came like a loud thunder on the Philistine army, confusing them. This led to victory for the Israelites.

Every time something bad happened to the children of Israel, by offering a lamb sacrifice, they were proclaiming the Lord’s death, and the battle would turn in their favor.

Today, when we are faced with an enemy, how do we offer our “burnt offering”? How do we proclaim the Lord’s death and come out victorious? Do we ask Jesus to come down to where we are at and die on the cross all over again?

Of course not. Jesus died once for all our sins—past, present and future. (Hebrews 10:12) His work is perfectly perfect and completely complete, so He doesn’t have to die for us again. Today, we proclaim His death simply by partaking of the Lord’s Supper.

Every time you partake of the bread and wine, you declare to the principalities and powers of darkness that the Lord’s death avails for you. Every time you partake, you are saying that because Jesus has been judged and punished in your place, you cannot be judged and punished. Because Jesus died young in your place, you will live long. And because He conquered death and stripped the devil of his powers, you will not be defeated. The victory is already yours!

That is why the psalmist David said, “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies…” (Psalm 23:5) The Lord’s table is prepared for you in the presence of your enemies because when you partake of the bread and wine, you will see your enemies tremble and scatter! Why? Because when you proclaim the Lord’s death through the Holy Communion, you are reminding the devil and his cohorts of their humiliating defeat at Calvary’s cross! (Colossians 2:15)

Thought For The Day

Every time you partake of the bread and wine, you declare to the powers of darkness that the Lord’s death avails for you and that the victory is already yours!

http://www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/proclaim-the-lords-death/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:17pm On Jan 21, 2016
Noted
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 10:53am On Jan 22, 2016
jiggaz:
Noted
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 5:29pm On Jan 22, 2016
noted
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:19am On Jan 23, 2016
noted...
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:37pm On Jan 23, 2016
jiggaz:
noted...
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:13am On Jan 24, 2016
morning
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 12:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
jiggaz:
morning
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:27pm On Jan 24, 2016
jiggaz:
noted...
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:24am On Jan 31, 2016
morning
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:13am On Feb 04, 2016
Noted
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 4:55pm On Feb 07, 2016
evening
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
The above post is the Most Powerful way to overcome your challenges...
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:14am On Feb 28, 2016
jiggaz:
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
evening
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by Weah96: 6:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
Who was the person who punished God, abi, Jesus? I'm asking because that person must be the oga. Please don't tell me that he punished himself.
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:32pm On Jun 07, 2016
Weah96:
Who was the person who punished God, abi, Jesus? I'm asking because that person must be the oga. Please don't tell me that he punished himself.
huh?
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:25am On Jun 12, 2016
morning
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:38am On Jun 19, 2016
jiggaz:
morning
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 1:57pm On Jun 25, 2016
afternoon
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:48am On Jun 26, 2016
jiggaz:
afternoon
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:07am On Jul 02, 2016
jiggaz:
morning
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:00am On Aug 03, 2016
jiggaz:
noted...
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by christinnah(f): 7:19am On Aug 03, 2016
jiggaz:

thnx!! its nice!! cry
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 5:14pm On Aug 03, 2016
christinnah:

thnx!! its nice!! cry
you welcome!!
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:44am On Aug 07, 2016
morning
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by christinnah(f): 7:48am On Aug 07, 2016
jiggaz:
morning

MORNING!!!
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:51am On Aug 07, 2016
christinnah:

MORNING!!!
how are u doing Christinnah? Lemme run .. i want to go to church.
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by christinnah(f): 7:54am On Aug 07, 2016
jiggaz:
how are u doing Christinnah? Lemme run .. i want to go to church.

Im doing well... and ok you can go church...sorry for interrupt... just remember to pray for me...hahahah...have a good Sunday mah frn
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:57am On Aug 07, 2016
christinnah:

Im doing well... and ok you can go church...sorry for interrupt... just remember to pray for me...hahahah...have a good Sunday mah frn
alright dear and you too.

1 Like

Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by christinnah(f): 8:02am On Aug 07, 2016
jiggaz:
alright dear and you too.

thnx!!
Re: Proclaim The Lord's Death - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:14am On Nov 10, 2016
morning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Pastor Shalom K.akinbo The Youngest And Richest Preacher In Nigeria? / Seyibrown Come And Defend Your Faith. / Is It Right For Churches To Record Tithes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.