Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,844 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:10 AM

EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook (8939 Views)

More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics / Real Estate Agent Arrested For Impersonating EFCC Chairman, Magu (PHOTO) / Asma'u Nyako, Nigeria Lady Impersonated On Twitter With Fake Nude Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by lalasticlala(m): 8:21am On Jan 21, 2016
EFCC BOSS HIT BY FACEBOOK IDENTITY THEFT

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has alerted the public that fake Facebook accounts with the identity of Ibrahim Mustafa Magu, Acting Chairman of the nation’s anti-graft agency by unnamed “unscrupulous elements.”

According to a statement issued by EFCC, the two fake accounts are on the popular social media platform via https://www.facebook.com/ibrahimmustafa.magu and https://www.facebook.com/magu.ibrahim.77

The Facebook accounts that have allegedly stolen the identity of Magu are being used for various unwholesome activities including solicitation for gratification and influence-peddling using the name of the EFCC boss, the anti-graft agency says in the public alert.

EFCC says that the public should “not to respond to any request for friendship and other demands in the name of Magu as the accounts do not belong to him.”

According to the agency, “the public to be mindful of telephone calls by persons claiming to be acting on behalf of the acting chairman and soliciting for gratification. Such calls/persons should be reported to the EFCC or the nearest police station.”

EFCC “has consistently maintained that it does not solicit money or gratification of any sort to carry out its statutory duties”, according to the government agency.

It asked the public “to be vigilant and help in unmasking these unscrupulous elements who are bent of soiling the reputation of Magu and the EFCC.”

EFCC says its official Facebook account can be accessed via https://www.facebook.com/officialefcc.

http://technologytimes.ng/efcc-boss-hit-facebook-identity-theft/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by tubouncen(m): 8:23am On Jan 21, 2016
I don't knw why people fall for this scam... U met someone online claiming to be someone (jonathan, buhari, aisha, amaechi etc) he's not and, he asked u to send money if u need a position in the government u believed him without having a rethink that none of the above mentioned persons would want to risk their integrity for the ''token'' u want to send, they don't have time for random chat... etc

out of desperation u went ahead to send money to the person u don't know and never met... Yinmu

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by politricks: 8:24am On Jan 21, 2016
The way our brain works when it comes to committing fraud is second to none. If this energy is diverted to something good, nigeria would have been a better place. These fraudsters know that there are a lot of people out there looking for soft landing from EFCC and would jump at any opportunity to do so hence the need to exploit that loophole. All in all, it shows that the anti-corruption campaign is really pulling some heat.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by Magician1503(m): 8:30am On Jan 21, 2016
Dem boiz at work

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by donTbone(m): 8:33am On Jan 21, 2016
angry
Am sure there are ways to get those impersonating him...
This shouldnt just be forgone. What of those that they've
duped? Will there be justice?

This is why i love cyber security!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by Booty4me: 8:33am On Jan 21, 2016
niggas from sw@work

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by SPG4U(m): 8:36am On Jan 21, 2016
if all this spammers spend the efforts they use in scamming people on something positve

they will earn more

meanwhile guys see this threaad on nairaland on the new way to cure stroke, obesity, burn fat, and obesity

https://www.nairaland.com/2844443/know-anybody-down-stroke
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by Sijo01(f): 8:36am On Jan 21, 2016
Only greedy people falls for those cheap scam.
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by brownjulie(f): 8:36am On Jan 21, 2016
na wa
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by jordyspices: 8:38am On Jan 21, 2016
Naija I hail oh
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by Kangol99(m): 8:38am On Jan 21, 2016
Okay Thanks!
Best Nairaland MoD
Lalasticlala!
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by Miriam19(f): 8:38am On Jan 21, 2016
The ANTIBUHARI's at work..... Those worthless being who don't want change

Very soon we send them to their village Otuoke lipsrsealed
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by asEdeyHOT: 8:38am On Jan 21, 2016
tubouncen:
I don't knw why people fall for this scam... U met someone online claiming to be someone (jonathan, buhari, aisha, amaechi etc) he's not and, he asked u to send money if u need a position in the government u believed him without having a rethink that none of the above mentioned persons would want to risk their integrity for the ''token'' u want to send, they don't have time for random chat... etc
out of desperation u went ahead to send money to the person u don't know and never met... Yinmu

Please don't blame those that fall for it

This is something a person as corrupt as Jonathan can engage in.

I won't be surprised if Jonathan and some of his associates actually scam people online. He is that evil

And what is the difference between online and offline scam?

Jonathan has been scamming IPOB youths since 2007. He has not provided any infrastructure for them despite all the promises. And yet he is their jesus on earth

9 Likes

Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by Smellymouth: 8:39am On Jan 21, 2016
Badoos snehs
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by standgifted(m): 8:39am On Jan 21, 2016
boys are not smiling......
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by ennysuccess(m): 8:41am On Jan 21, 2016
IT Guys at work wink
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by bettercreature(m): 8:41am On Jan 21, 2016
I checked both accounts just now,it has been deleted
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by coldsummer: 8:43am On Jan 21, 2016
Looool

So many of them.

Audu Ogbe

Stella Odua

Rochas Okorocha.

The Stellas account will just post "thank you for your support. All I have is 10 slots for immigration, 15 for prisons 20 for civil defence, a few laptops. Please inbox me. It's on a first come first served"

I blasted the owner on the timeline and they quickly blocked me but before they blocked me plenty people saw my post. They insulted that account owner no be small
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by Timoleon(m): 8:43am On Jan 21, 2016
anyone that falls for scams oike this should be flogged for being greedy and crooked. why should a right thinking person correspond with government officials over facebook?
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 21, 2016
The change we seek start from you and I.
if we we don't have a compete overhaul of our mentality... Then winning the fight against corruption is just a day dream.
Millions of corrupt Nigerians who haven't had the opportunity of accessing means of looting our collective commonwealth are still out there struggling to secure a spot in the "centre stage of the cinema" to perpetrate what we currently are fighting tooth and nail to eradicate.
Truth be told, 99% of Nigerians are corrupt. They haven't just gotten the opportunity to loot.
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by youngberry001(m): 8:44am On Jan 21, 2016
huh
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by valdes00(m): 8:44am On Jan 21, 2016
As 2015 pass dem by.... Boiz no wan mak 2016 pass dem again....
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by kachnov(m): 8:45am On Jan 21, 2016
Boys no fear EFCC...this is serious grin

If you can instruct online see signature.
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by tubouncen(m): 8:48am On Jan 21, 2016
asEdeyHOT:

Please don't blame those that fall for it

This is something a person as corrupt as Jonathan can engage in.

I won't be surprised if Jonathan and some of his associates actually scam people online. He is that evil

And what is the difference between online and offline scam?

Jonathan has been scamming IPOB youths since 2007. He has not provided any infrastructure for them despite all the promises. And yet he is their jesus on earth

Lolz
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by lonelydora: 8:48am On Jan 21, 2016
Hope they get caught. Why do people fall for this.
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by fejitogbo989(m): 8:49am On Jan 21, 2016
story
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by Greataausim(m): 8:49am On Jan 21, 2016
God is wonderful...... shocked
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by danielmichael(m): 8:50am On Jan 21, 2016
dey shud also probe him..unam
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by Rukkydelta(f): 8:51am On Jan 21, 2016
Fp just like that ?
Lalasticala must be probe
Re: EFCC Chairman, Magu Impersonated On Facebook by Willybos(m): 8:51am On Jan 21, 2016
Nigeria over all people, I hail una.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Three Arrested For Lynching Suspected Robbers In Lagos / Man Bites-Off Lover’s Ear On Valentine's Day In Lagos / VIDEO: How Gunmen Attacked Abuja-kaduna Train

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.