Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,930 members, 7,806,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC (18559 Views)

Jonathan Named In Statement ‘torn’ By Metuh — EFCC / OLISA METUH : EFCC Escapes By The Whiskers. / PDP Condemns Handcuffing Of Metuh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by emamos: 8:46am On Jan 21, 2016
Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Ibrahim Mustafa Magu has told Nigerians to expect the prosecution of those who milked the nation’s treasury dry.
He said anyone found guilty will go to jail this year.
Magu, fondly called The General, said every stakeholder seemed to be more serious now about fighting corruption.
“From all indications, the judges are more serious, everybody is cooperating and this year, we will see more politically-exposed persons convicted. We will flush out corrupt people,” he said.
Magu, who spoke during a visit to The Nation Newspaper’s headquarters in Lagos yesterday, said he was mobilising support, opinions, ideas and strategies that were necessary to strengthen the anti-graft battle.
“We need more support; it is about Nigeria, not an individual, the fight is for everybody, from the media we have to go to the grassroots, we will take it to children in the schools; we have to tell the children that corruption is bad, tell them why there is no chair in the classroom.
“We will sensitise everybody on the evil of corruption. We need to let people know that corruption is bad because some people don’t seem to know,” Magu said.
“The impunity is too much. Sometimes I shed tears in the morning before I go to the office. It is just unbelievable; the rot is terrible. What I am saying is that people who know they have stolen our commonwealth should bring it back.
“People arrogate things to themselves. They have taken our money and are bold enough to say they are not going to return it. The money belongs to the people; they should return the money quietly; let there be voluntary compliance. Let them voluntarily come out to say ‘this is what I have stolen’ and the government will take it. I think that is the best thing to do,” the EFCC chief added.
Magu commented on the handcuffing of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) spokesperson Olisa Metuh when he appeared in court, saying, there is nothing wrong in handcuffing an accused.
“It is not coming from us (Nigerian Prisons Service, NPS, brought Metuh to court), but there is nothing wrong with that actually. They have a right to use their discretion; you are not there, there must be reason. There are instances when you handcuff a suspect, but let them explain themselves”, he said
lalasticlala,obinoscopy
http://dailypost.ng/2016/01/21/more-looters-will-be-jailed-this-year-nothing-wrong-in-handcuffing-metuh-efcc-boss-magu/

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by emamos: 8:47am On Jan 21, 2016
it is well...click likes if you support what magu said,share if u dont.

134 Likes 3 Shares

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by Elosky20: 8:48am On Jan 21, 2016
all we are saying bring back our yams

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by Olusanya333(m): 8:49am On Jan 21, 2016
Good but we still have more of this product below

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by donTbone(m): 8:49am On Jan 21, 2016
Ha ha!
Time for the pRISONs to be renovated and expanded for the Higher Classes. cheesy
He said anyone found guilty will go to jail this year.

In between: As for the looters, if they cant go to jail, cant
Nigeria make profit out of them?
Ion think granting a bail with the exact amount stolen is worthwhile
We need more jare!

Change is on the way...but trust me, it wont be easy. As for those
wanting all to be well this tenure, dream on!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by politricks: 8:51am On Jan 21, 2016
tell them
“We need more support; it
is about Nigeria, not an individual, the fight is for
everybody, from the media
we have to go to the
grassroots, we will take it
to children in the schools;
we have to tell the children that corruption is
bad, tell them why there is
no chair in the classroom.
“We will sensitise
everybody on the evil of
corruption. We need to let people know that
corruption is bad because
some people don’t seem
to know,” Magu said.
I love this guy no homo. This is exactly what the country needs..... A re-orientation of the general populace regarding the effect of corruption so that the upcoming generation will not support corruption like how one particular tribe is currently doing. I did not mention name o.

45 Likes

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by DropShot: 8:51am On Jan 21, 2016
I like this guy. He's a no nonsense man.

8 Likes

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by amunkita(m): 8:51am On Jan 21, 2016
Pls when re they going to handcuff OBJ

1 Like

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by emamos: 8:51am On Jan 21, 2016
[s]
Ladiwayne:
GET DAILY AIRTIME ON YOUR PHONE BY RECEIVING CALLS.
THE MORE CALL YOU RECEIVE THE MORE AIRTIME YOU GET.

DOWNLOAD THE MYADS APP TO GET STARTED,

really simple to use just download here -
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hm.myads&referrer=9afdfa12c2f446bc874db02a6736caec
OR https:///myadsladiwayne
Steps to download:

* Click on the link above, then select open with Google PlayStore.
* Download, Install the app
* Open the app on your phone, Type in your phone number & click on "verify now", wait for it to verify succefully (if its fails, click on retry and keep retrying)
* then complete your registration.

For more info about the app pls call 07080058828
[/s]

7 Likes

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by Goke7: 8:52am On Jan 21, 2016
This Magu man ain't smiling mhen, reason Fayose and his gang will continue to make noise grin

6 Likes

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by coldsummer: 8:52am On Jan 21, 2016

[size=18pt]
The annoying part is you people have not jailed anyone yet.

Recover the monies or good part of the monies, legally throw them behind bars and destroy the keys.
[/size]

8 Likes

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by mysteriousman(m): 8:54am On Jan 21, 2016
Less noise and more results will make more sense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by emamos: 8:54am On Jan 21, 2016
DropShot:
I like this guy. He's a no nonsense man.
yea,d man no dey woju anybody

2 Likes

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by museveni(m): 8:58am On Jan 21, 2016
Only if PDP had known, they would have renovated our debilitated prisons and even built executive prisons with AC.
Since oil price is dwindling and with all these monies hanging on our corrupt politicians, I think proceeds from the recovered loot can solely fund the 2016 budget.

14 Likes

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by politricks: 9:04am On Jan 21, 2016
mysteriousman:
Less noise and more results will make more sense
Not in country where everything is black or white. If you dont inform the public, the opponent will just use it against you to score cheap political point. Case study- handcuffing of Metuh.

6 Likes

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by politricks: 9:05am On Jan 21, 2016
amunkita:
Pls when re they going to handcuff OBJ
Perhaps after handcuffing GEJ.

20 Likes

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 21, 2016
People like nnamdi Kanu should die in jail. corruption is better than Biafra. One nigeria we shall remain cool

5 Likes

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by cutetopsey(f): 10:35am On Jan 21, 2016
ok undecided

When will this EFCC people get to work?

Still watching in 3D cool
Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by Sissyshakara(f): 10:35am On Jan 21, 2016
If i dont see them in jail before the end of the year, then u are an idiot baskat...

1 Like

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by dotcomnamename: 10:36am On Jan 21, 2016
Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by ifeelgood: 10:38am On Jan 21, 2016
Good
Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by Super1759: 10:38am On Jan 21, 2016
Jail OBJ!!!!!!
Jail TA ORJi!!!!

I will rest
Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by emmanuel596(m): 10:38am On Jan 21, 2016
Goodness.....i don't want them to. only. Go to jail hanging annd firing squad shld follow suit
Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by Smellymouth: 10:39am On Jan 21, 2016
Iseeeeeeee
Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by martineverest(m): 10:40am On Jan 21, 2016
Good... Don't jail them,garrote or asphyxiate them... Those World be perfect punishment.
Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by emamos: 10:40am On Jan 21, 2016
museveni:
Only if PDP had known, they would have renovated our debilitated prisons and even built executive prisons with AC.

Since oil price is dwindling and with all these monies hanging on our corrupt politicians, I think proceeds from the recovered loot can solely fund the 2016 budget.
Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by totorimi: 10:40am On Jan 21, 2016
It is not today we started hearing all this type of noise making, there are some big men we know were very poor before they went into government, if we dont see them in jail and only the ordinary adventurers are sent to jail, then it will be a hoax as usual.

6 Likes

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by maddman: 10:41am On Jan 21, 2016
USELESS PEOPLE. PROBE AMAECHI AND I'LL START TAING Y'ALL SERIOUS

4 Likes

Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by Tpharell: 10:42am On Jan 21, 2016
Has any one been jailed yet?
Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by Mariecakes(f): 10:42am On Jan 21, 2016
Ok oo..
Re: More Looters Will Be Jailed This Year; Nothing Wrong In Handcuffing Metuh – EFCC by anonimi: 10:42am On Jan 21, 2016
Something is wrong with handcuffing Metiuh while Dasuki is roaming free, not so
Bloody ETHNIC bigots and TRIBAL jingoists.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3312269_dasuki3_jpeg8c36396d075accbded3fc84cc7f34006

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INTERVIEW I Was Once In Prison With Obasanjo, Editors For Treason –shehu Sani / Maina's Lawyer, Adeola Adedipe Quits, Applies To Withdraw From Case / Maintain Your Tolerance, Compassion - Kwankwaso Tells Rev Daniel Okoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.