Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

The Ijaws That I Know - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Ijaws That I Know (16688 Views)

When Ijaws Speak, Igbos Should Know When To Respectfully Keep Quiet / Who The Ijaws Really Are. / History Of The Ijaws And Their Neighbours In Sourthern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Wizprodigy: 3:34pm On Jan 21, 2016
RightBoo:

So there are Igbos in akwaibom...
Wow... Learnt something new today...
Yep but only in ika L.G the remaining 99% of akwa ibom is ibibio so mr tonye no space remain for land grabbing. This is Aks not rivers gerrit.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by DMerciful(m): 3:44pm On Jan 21, 2016
Now you have deceitfully dragged them into the fray. Why always IPOB? why always Biafra? undecided
asEdeyHOT:
IPOB youths will soon invade the thread and start addressing issues not directed at them

IPOB youths are just criminally minded

God bless ijaws

God bless Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by IGBOPRINCE: 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Nonsense! You didn't meet anybody. Which Okrika man or women told you is is more of Igbo than Ijaw? You and Afam with una lieeeees!

Okrika is 100% Ijaw of Western Ijaw clan. That's my hommie and stop talking nonsense. Okrikans see themselves first as Okrikans and next Ijaw. This is because Ijaw kingdoms are autonomous. Okrikand/Andoni are not "partly Ijaw", we are FULL Ijaw.

BTW: we also married from Calabar, Ikwerre, Ogoni, etc and not just Igbo. Make I no provoke o.
provoke ke, you re already provoke on nairaland, long time ago, so I'm not here to provoke you bro. So Chill.
Am here to state the FACT for readers to read and know The real fact as it's.
If your people married from calabar, ikwerre, ogoni(5%) etc. But predominantly and majorly is IGBO(55%). Thank God you didn't denied them at all.
Igbo is the major tribe your people married a lot .that is why in okrika, they see themselves first as ijaw/okrika, 2nd as igbo and Igbo language is widely spoken there apart from the local language bro. Let s face the fact here without being bias or tribalistic. It s so unfortunate your grand mother is not igbo though grin

Anyway, what I am saying is that, they should try and put more efforts on one central language just like the way the igbo did.
this one you said okrikans see themselves first as okrikan and 2nd as ijaw, you sound like mr spokesman of okrika people,
Don't forget, you don't speaks for them all and everyone differs from you with different views. Remember you don't stay in okrika neither in portharcourt but you stay in abuja.
So you may not know what is happening there..

Things have change O.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Nonsense! You didn't meet anybody. Which Okrika man or women told you is is more of Igbo than Ijaw? You and Afam with una lieeeees!

Okrika is 100% Ijaw of Western Ijaw clan. That's my hommie and stop talking nonsense. Okrikans see themselves first as Okrikans and next Ijaw. This is because Ijaw kingdoms are autonomous. Okrikand/Andoni are not "partly Ijaw", we are FULL Ijaw.

BTW: we also married from Calabar, Ikwerre, Ogoni, etc and not just Igbo. Make I no provoke o.
Why my ibos brothers dey desperate like this na! They wan capture us at all cost o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by OfoIgbo: 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Google the emboldened....

Also add Eastern Ibeno people grin grin grin

the same search that also states that Opobo and Bonny are Ijaw towns. You could have fooled me. These are what I call e-landgrabbing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
provoke ke, you re already provoke on nairaland, long time ago, so I'm not here to provoke you bro. So Chill.
Am here to state the FACT for readers to read and know The real fact as it's.
If your people married from calabar, ikwerre, ogoni(5%) etc. But predominantly and majorly is [s]IGBO(55%). Thank God you didn't denied them at all.
Igbo is the major tribe your people married a lot .that is why in okrika, they see themselves first as ijaw/okrika, [s]2nd as igbo and Igbo language is widely spoken there[/s] apart from the local language bro. Let s face the fact here without being bias or tribalistic. It s so unfortunate your grand mother is not igbo though grin

Anyway, what I am saying is that, they should try and put more efforts on one central language just like the way the igbo did.
this one you said okrikans see themselves first as okrikan and 2nd as ijaw, you sound like mr spokesman of okrika people,
Don't forget, you don't speaks for them all and everyone differs from you with different views. Remember you don't stay in okrika neither in portharcourt but you stay in abuja.
So you may not know what is happening there..

Things have change O
Rubbish! Which 55% Igbo? So you mean Okrikans didn't marry from other Ijaw clans and amongst themselves? You Igbos are just too funny! The % of non Ijaws that are married to Okrika men is not up to 15%. That is from Igbo, Ogoni, Ikwerre, Ibibio, Efik, Urhobo etc. Why una like to lie to unaselves?

Na where for Okrika kingdom wey Igbo is widely spoken? You de mistake Okrika for Nnewi abi na Onitsha? You and Afam sabi lie.

FYI: My uncle is actually the voice of Koniama(if you have a clue) grin grin.... My maternal grandfather was a head of Canoe House.... My Parternal Greatgrandfather was also a head of Canoe house. Don't think I'm a novince when it comes to okrika kingdom and Ijaw nation. Btw... I no lost for Lag/FCT, I do visit. grin grin grin

Stop Attachment!! Lemme make a confession, my maternal grandfather(a very great man) married over 13 wives, one is Igbo, one from Emohua (Ikwerre) and one is from Ogoni. The rest are from Okrika, Kalabari, Ubani and other Ijaw clans. cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:47pm On Jan 21, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Why my ibos brothers dey desperate like this na! They wan capture us at all cost o!
I just tire o cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by IGBOPRINCE: 5:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
RightBoo:

So there are Igbos in akwaibom...
Wow... Learnt something new today...
not that there re majorly igbos in akwa ibom, there re only few there at one local gvt in akwa ibom state.
But there re major igbos in rivers,delta and benue state. But few in cross river, akwa ibom, and beyelsa.
Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 21, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
not that there re majorly igbos in akwa ibom, there re only few there at one local gvt in akwa ibom state.
But there re major igbos in rivers,delta and benue state. But few in cross river, akwa ibom, and beyelsa.
Thanks for the clearance.

1 Like

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by MrAnalyst: 5:42pm On Jan 21, 2016

2 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by LMFashions: 6:01pm On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

"Ibeno people are basically of the Obolo/Andoni origin. The common dialect of Ibeno people is Ibeno/ Obolo language prominently spoken by Ibeno and Eastern Obolo people in Akwa Ibom State. The people also enjoy an active aquatic life."
www.aksgonline.com.ws033.alentus.com/lga.aspx?qrID=ibeno
www.helloakwaibom.com/ibeno-lga/

Who are the Obolo/Andoni people? Are they not of Eastern Ijaw?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obolo_people

So you have carried your land grabbing to Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers too? Chaiii

Farnsworth no gree for this guy ooo, his land grabbing is EPIC. That was how we got into an argument yesterday on the identity of Sowore Omoyele, the founder of Sahara Reporter. Tonye claimed the guy is Ijaw but I showed him a link where the guy stated that he's Yoruba. This small boy Tonye no gree ooo. He insisted that Sowore Omoyele must be Ijaw grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by LMFashions: 6:05pm On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

You better change your browser.... www.thetidenewsonline.com/2011/11/07/oil-communities-allege-marginalization-by-aibom/

Your fake link isn't working cheesy

Leave people's land alone na, face your Bayelsa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by LMFashions: 6:12pm On Jan 21, 2016
Wizprodigy:

Abeg how many people dey experience this tin. The page still no work. And about obolo you see say them say no mixture of efik, ibibio, ijaw and igbo. So i no know how una own obolo since igbo join, the other link, abeg that woman name look ijaw to you? The other link they talk of rivers no akwa ibom and finally i no even open that wiki link cuz i knw say na fraud e be. Wiki can be modified, shebi you know.

I'm still wondering how that Tonyebarcanista is able to do this, land grabbing. The first link was a dead end. The other two links has nowhere in it where Ijaw was mention. He assumed they are Ijaw because Andoni was mentioned. Chaiii Tonye, na who do this to you? Go for deliverance asap grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by LMFashions: 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

"Ibeno people are basically of the Obolo/Andoni origin. The common dialect of Ibeno people is Ibeno/ Obolo language prominently spoken by Ibeno and Eastern Obolo people in Akwa Ibom State. The people also enjoy an active aquatic life."
www.helloakwaibom.com/ibeno-lga/

Who are the Obolo/Andoni people? Are they not of Eastern Ijaw?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obolo_people

Ibeno have a dialect that seems slightly
different from the general lbibio language
even as lbibio language is understood by all
and freely spoken.

Is Ijaw language the same as that of Ibibio?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Anticabal: 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2016
farnsworth, no gree for that landgrabber tonye. The guy would have re-written history of my people in oyigbo if i didn't challenge him furiously. He wants tp decide who is igbo or ijaw just by the stroke of pen but we have mightier pens. Never ignore him lies lest they become truths.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by cheruv: 7:31pm On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Thats because you can't read.

1. Ibeno/Obolo People are basically of Andoni/Obolo origin(Akwa Ibom website)

"Ibeno people are basically of the Obolo/Andoni origin. The common dialect of Ibeno people is Ibeno/ Obolo language prominently spoken by Ibeno and Eastern Obolo people in Akwa Ibom State. The people also enjoy an active aquatic life. "

2. You aren't smart to see that Andoni people are also inRivers state. It is the home of Tele Ikuru, former Dep Gov of Rivers state and Uche Secondus, incumbent PDP agChairman. Lol
100% Ijaw.

References:
Alagoa E J. - A History of the Niger Delta - An historical interpretation of Ijo oral traditions. (1972 University of Ibadan Press).

Owonaro S K - The History of Ijo and her Neighbouring tribes in Nigeria. (1949 Niger printing Press Lagos).

Eneyo S.-The Andoni Monarchy. (1991 Riverside communications).

www.wikiedit.org/Nigeria/Asarama/2399628/

Stop mentioning Igbo because there are no Igbos in Andoni
If there are no Igbos in andoni,how come he's answering Uche??

10 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by cheruv: 7:33pm On Jan 21, 2016
Wizprodigy:

Uche secondus 100% ijaw? Roflmao. Please what is the meaning of uche in ijaw abeg. Plus your link states that obolo is a mixture of 4 languages efik ibibio ijaw and igbo, hence no of this tribe can claim obolo is their's hope you get it. Andoni you mention please tell me when i mention andoni is igbo or you shut your mouth forever. Thank you.
The guy has been fooling himself for sometime on NL grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by cheruv: 7:34pm On Jan 21, 2016
Wizprodigy:
Guy you are dull. Is that the best you can bring.
What is amaechi full name? Does ubima sound yoruba to you? Is uche an ijaw name or secondus ijaw too? Note secondus no be igbo before you mumu urself. Is government an ijaw name? This one self provote me, complete olodo na him them they call your type.
As in eh
Iberibe ya bu nke bu stamp! shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:42pm On Jan 21, 2016
cheruv:

If there are no Igbos in andoni,how come he's answering Uche??
Are there Yorubas in Ubima? How come Amaechi is answering Rotimi?

Are there Brits in Warri? How come James Manager goes by such name?

Are there Hebrews in Okrika? How come I bear Solomon? Even some Ijaws that were born during the civil war were named Gowon(for his heroic). Are there Berom in these places?
Re: The Ijaws That I Know by cheruv: 7:43pm On Jan 21, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
Its pathetic that ijaw people don't have one central language. Very soon, as time goes on. They won't see themselves as a brother nor a sister.

Just as your link trace the ibeno of akwa ibom to eastern obollo/andoni of rivers state. Funny enough, I met one eastern obollo woman in ibeno area then who told me they re not related to ibeno cos they don't have the same language and cannot understand themselves that their lifestyles is different from them and she s from eastern obollo, rivers state.
You guys should make efforts to create one central language.
Even the people of okrika where you came from see tahemselves more of igbo than ijaws cos their grand mothers re igbos.
Some of the peopdle in okrika/ibeno/eastern obollo due to high level of ignorance don't even know they re partly ijaws .
Nawa o.
Don't mind him
The wakrike are among the group we call Igboid Ijo and its only a matter of time before they're completely Igbonized. Igbo is first language for majority of them,and with their current craze for Igbo women its just a matter of time before the inevitable happens.
Excluding the eight LGs of kalabari and Ogoni, the other LGs in Rivers are simply Igboid in outlook grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by funkyibodude(m): 7:47pm On Jan 21, 2016
Chai Una don finish tonye bastardnista oops sorry barcanista or whatever his name is, the funny thing is that the useless idiotic bini op that created this thread is nowhere to be found.. tongue

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by cheruv: 7:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Are there Hebrews in Okrika? How come I bear Solomon? Even some Ijaws that were born during the civil war were named Gowon(for his heroic). Are there Berom in these places?
Can't you be intelligent for once
Must you grab anything you see
Am particulate about Uche...everything else you wrote there is just beating about air

7 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Pwayne2016(m): 7:52pm On Jan 21, 2016
I havnt seen anybody from Ijaw.oooo except one Okirika sexy angel, u sure say dis people reach 3million,is time to send them back to their Papa land in Sierra Leone,Liberia and Gambia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by spanishkid(m): 7:54pm On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

pls tonye stop replying these morons. They're very irrelevant. SS has spoken. Let's see how they'll force us into their Biafra project.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by cheruv: 8:00pm On Jan 21, 2016
spanishkid:
pls tonye stop replying these morons. They're very irrelevant. SS has spoken. Let's see how they'll force us into their Biafra project.
The SS didn't spoken anything! angry
The SS Igbos together with the people of AKS and CRS have rejected the phantom NDR in its entirety
Keep masturbating over Igbos and their Mmoño cousins cheesy

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Ikechu12781: 8:24pm On Jan 21, 2016
Farnsworth:

Editing wikipedia is not hard. This is my origin and we are not Ijaw. People from other parts of the country are claiming us to be part of their tribe when we say we are not... you have probably never been to ibeno, you don't know our traditions or values yet we are somehow ijaw... Your claims only succeed in amusing us, you can do and independent DNA forecast.

Nwoke stop arguing with that tonyebarcainsta bastard. I keep telling you people that monkey has a personality diaorder. He so fuvked up in the brain, he twist whatever reality to fit his bleeped up mentality. The guy needs severe help.

You can argue till next year, he'll never stop trying to land grap. He did it with ndoki, even with multiple links and ndoki's Facebook page where they themselves spoke on that matter, the severeally deranged fool is still today land grabbing their land. Everyone knows ibeno are ibibio. Heck I know this personally cause I know someone from there. Stop arguing.

Just do like I do whenever their Bini cousins try to steal aniomaland, defend your land with all your might and tell them to leave NL and come steal land in real life. You'll be waiting for them

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Ilaje44(m): 8:25pm On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

All these na cock-and-bull story.

Ibeno people are ancestrally linked to Obollos/Andonis that are both in Rivers and Akwa Ibom state. This is an established FACT! They are MAJORLY Ijaws from all historical evidence. Eket didn't give anybody land, the lands that they are on is their ancestral land. Who was the Eket man that gave out land to the Obollos?

PS: There is nothing like "Ijaw language". Ijaw has no central language. I am Okrikan, our language is Kirike/Wakrike. It is similar to those in Western Ijaw like Kalabari and co. Ibeno is of Eastern Ijaw, the language is similar to that of Andoni(rivers state). The Apois(Ondo states) speak language that sound like Yoruba. Edwin Clark's dialect sound similar to Urhobo. I wish Ijaw have central dialect though.

Hello young man, there are two Ijo groups in Ondo state. The Apois and the Arogbos. Of these two, the Arogbos are more Ijo than the Apois. Apoi people are Ijo only in name. They do not speak a language resembling Yoruba, but indeed a dialect of the Yoruba language similar to Ilaje and Ikale. Strictly speaking, only the Arogbos have much in common with the other Ijo groups from Delta, Bayelsa and Rivers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Ikechu12781: 8:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
When I read comments on ijaws, I honestly pity the likes of dearpreye, kotv, asari and co. They are actually good people but the likes of tonybarcainsta and his multiple ids have single handily bleeped up their image in the eyes of Real SS, and SE. I pity the good ones.

4 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by spanishkid(m): 8:32pm On Jan 21, 2016
cheruv:

The SS didn't spoken anything! angry
The SS Igbos together with the people of AKS and CRS have rejected the phantom NDR in its entirety
Keep masturbating over Igbos and their Mmoño cousins cheesy
I've come to realise how difficult life could be being an igbo man. Which Akwa Ibom and Cross River are you talking about? The one in your erosion ravaged communities or what? This is 2016. Wake up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by IGBOPRINCE: 8:34pm On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Rubbish! Which 55% Igbo? So you mean Okrikans didn't marry from other Ijaw clans and amongst themselves? You Igbos are just too funny! The % of non Ijaws that are married to Okrika men is not up to 15%. That is from Igbo, Ogoni, Ikwerre, Ibibio, Efik, Urhobo etc. Why una like to lie to unaselves?

Na where for Okrika kingdom wey Igbo is widely spoken? You de mistake Okrika for Nnewi abi na Onitsha? You and Afam sabi lie.

FYI: My uncle is actually the voice of Koniama(if you have a clue) grin grin.... My maternal grandfather was a head of Canoe House.... My Parternal Greatgrandfather was also a head of Canoe house. Don't think I'm a novince when it comes to okrika kingdom and Ijaw nation. Btw... I no lost for Lag/FCT, I do visit. grin grin grin

Stop Attachment!! Lemme make a confession, my maternal grandfather(a very great man) married over 13 wives, one is Igbo, one from Emohua (Ikwerre) and one is from Ogoni. The rest are from Okrika, Kalabari, Ubani and other Ijaw clans. cool
if your maternal grandfather married 13wives, that one no concern me, but the most important thing is that, you have accepted that most okrikan great grand mothers re igbos. Am here to set the record straight for readers.
Thank q

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Giving And Receiving: Why Is The Righthand Deemed More Respectful? / Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas? / Igogo Festival Shuts Down Akure City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.