Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

The Ijaws That I Know - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Ijaws That I Know (16684 Views)

When Ijaws Speak, Igbos Should Know When To Respectfully Keep Quiet / Who The Ijaws Really Are. / History Of The Ijaws And Their Neighbours In Sourthern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by spanishkid(m): 11:48pm On Jan 21, 2016
agadez007:
Barcanista must be cursing spanishkid in his mind by now,lol,,the boy opened this silly thread to kiss the ijaw boy's hairy ass but couldnt withstand the heat so he collected ''chioma ajunwa'' out of the Kitchen and left the scape goat to bear the brunts

chai,,,odikwa very sad

you must really be silly. See this ipob rascal. No one has your time. Continue ranting. Tonyebarcanista and I are buddies and you can't change. It hurts you to see Edos and ijaws uniting or any other tribe in the SS. I found out that it was pointless engaging you and your kind in an argument. Tonyebarcanista knowledge outnumbers that of all ipob and that of your director who's languishing in kuje prison eating watery beans put together. You're as irrelevant as the P in Pneumonia now and in your next life. Shouldn't you be out there stealing or something? Is that what you ipob are known for.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
spanishkid:
Hahaha. See this one. If not for the new rule on nairaland, people like you no reach na? I personally chased lygn19 and more than 7 other igbo nairalanders out of nairaland. Shouldn't you be out there stealing or something?

Hands of SpanishKid, voice of MullatoClaro, I know this is his favorite phrase to Igbos.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by spanishkid(m): 11:56pm On Jan 21, 2016
Normality:

Hands of SpanishKid, voice of MullatoClaro, I know this is his favorite phrase to Igbos.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
too late for chest beating

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by IGBOPRINCE: 11:58pm On Jan 21, 2016
spanishkid:
in as much as nairaland is a faceless forum, I'm not as wretched and broke as you are. I'll say it over and over again you penniless ipob rascal I studied in Canada. Is it my fault that you couldn't afford to school abroad? Have did you know I'm lying? Did you go to the same school with me? You're so poverty stricken you think everyone on nairaland is from your red mud cursed region called SE.
hahaha.. E pain am die.. Hahaha.

Tonychristopher, over to you, am done with this dude.

Who call himself spanish kid and he never reach spain nor canada. grin

Edo boi tongue leave igbos alone or we make you sad always cos I can see you re really sad boi.

1 Like

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by agadez007(m): 12:00am On Jan 22, 2016
spanishkid:
you must really be silly. See this ipob rascal. No one has your time. Continue ranting. Tonyebarcanista and I are buddies and you can't change. It hurts you to see Edos and ijaws uniting or any other tribe in the SS. I found out that it was pointless engaging you and your kind in an argument. Tonyebarcanista knowledge outnumbers that of all ipob and that of your director who's languishing in kuje prison eating watery beans put together. You're as irrelevant as the P in Pneumonia now and in your next life. Shouldn't you be out there stealing or something? Is that what you ipob are known for.
foolish boy,you mistake for your fellow bini,thieves and juju people
you dont have my time but you created this thread to mock my tribe,you must be stupid or foolish or both
i dont have anything against bini or ijaw,you and barcanister can be Gay buddies,I could care less

N.B-i am not an IPOB member

2 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by spanishkid(m): 12:01am On Jan 22, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
hahaha.. E pain am die.. Hahaha.

Tonychristopher, over to you, am done with this dude.

Who call himself spanish kid and he never reach spain nor canada. grin

Edo boi tongue leave igbos alone or we make you sad always cos I can see you re really sad boi.

are you calling your fellow criminals? Tonychristopher is a well known criminal here on nairaland. I see how difficult it is being black. You wish you were biracial like me but your flàthead won't be able to. I've been to places you've only seen in your dreams.

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by IGBOPRINCE: 12:09am On Jan 22, 2016
spanishkid:
are you calling your fellow criminals? Tonychristopher is a well known criminal here on nairaland. I see how difficult it is being black. You wish you were biracial like me but your flàthead won't be able to. I've been to places you've only seen in your dreams.
this edo boi no go sleep today, I need to exchange this dude biko..
Anyway, master disgrace holder, pls re you telling us you re fair? Or what. Is that your kid cos I doubt.
Bro, you get luck sey I don change o, I for bad mouth you badly.
Just leave my igbo brothers alone, that s all. I love them so much and I can't stand you running your odour mouth on them.
Bye..

1 Like

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by agadez007(m): 12:09am On Jan 22, 2016
[s]
spanishkid:
your tribe is an object of mockery as far as nigeria is concerned. Igbos are the bigger thieves. How many times do you find Edos in the news for negative reasons unlike you flàtheaded fellows.
[/s]why is this fool crying,easy Fool

2 Likes

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by spanishkid(m): 12:12am On Jan 22, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
this edo boi no go sleep today, I need to exchange this dude biko..
Anyway, master disgrace holder, pls re you telling us you re fair? Or what. Is that your kid cos I doubt.
Bro, you get luck sey I don change o, I for bad mouth you badly.
Just leave my igbo brothers alone, that s all. I love them so much and I can't stand you running your odour mouth on them.
Bye..

who gives a damn about you and your fellow gull-igbos? I thought you and your kind promised to burn down the zoo if your director was ever arrested? He's currently in kuje prison eating watery beans and you and your fellow ipob rascals will soon follow suit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by spanishkid(m): 12:13am On Jan 22, 2016
agadez007:
[s][/s]why is this fool crying,easy Fool

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by coolscott(m): 9:29am On Jan 22, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
oh oh, another land grabber, I said again dey your lane biko. grin

[size=13pt]Unfortunately, repeating a wish again and again will not make it a reality. If you doubt me, you may keep trying[/size]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Wizprodigy: 10:07am On Jan 22, 2016
LMFashions:

I'm still wondering how that Tonyebarcanista is able to do this, land grabbing. The first link was a dead end. The other two links has nowhere in it where Ijaw was mention. He assumed they are Ijaw because Andoni was mentioned. Chaiii Tonye, na who do this to you? Go for deliverance asap grin
Thank you very much, all his clownish links didn't give any strong proof of ibeno been ijaw. The worst thing was that he thought i will let him land grab akwa ibom like that, he must be high on something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by MrAnalyst: 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2016
coolscott:

[size=13pt]Unfortunately, the only modern day land-grabbers known and recognized in Nigeria today are Igbos. You cannot wish a different view of the issue into reality. You know what they say about wishes and horses[/size]

Wrong. Outside NL,i.e in reality,Ijaws are the actual land-grabbers. Again,it's obvious why the Ijaw land-grab.
Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Macelliot7(m): 10:49pm On Jan 23, 2016
coolscott:

[size=13pt]Unfortunately, repeating a wish again and again will not make it a reality. If you doubt me, you may keep trying[/size]
Igbos don't hate Ijaws. We love the Ijaws...

TonyeBarcanista single-handedly "birthed" the Igbo-Ijaw enemity here on Nairaland.

The issue of land grabbing is really irritating... I blame barcanista for starting this... I don't know if he was "paid" to act...

Let truth be told, if there is only "one" tribe in the world to defend the Ijaws till death. (it's only the Igbos)..
I detest seeing a divided SE/SS...

God bless the Ijaws!
Re: The Ijaws That I Know by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:35am On Jan 24, 2016
Macelliot7:

[s]Igbos don't hate Ijaws. We love the Ijaws...

TonyeB.arcanista single-handedly "birthed" the Igbo-Ijaw enemity here on Nairaland.

The issue of land grabbing is really irritating... I blame barcanista for starting this... I don't know if he was "paid" to act...

Let truth be told, if there is only "one" tribe in the world to defend the Ijaws till death. (it's only the Igbos)..
I detest seeing a divided SE/SS...

God bless the Ijaws![/s]
Whether Igbos hate or love the Ijaws is not my problem, neither is it the problem of the Ijaws. I actually don't need you to patronise me/Ijaws if you aren't satisfied with our position on issues. Nobody asked you to defend anybody, keep your defence to your group, we'll stick to ours. Anytime Ijaw is mentioned you guys always get hardons. Abeg shift jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Macelliot7(m): 9:05am On Jan 24, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Whether Igbos hate or love the Ijaws is not my problem, neither is it the problem of the Ijaws. I actually don't need you to patronise me/Ijaws if you aren't satisfied with our position on issues. Nobody asked you to defend anybody, keep your defence to your group, we'll stick to ours. Anytime Ijaw is mentioned you guys always get hardons. Abeg shift jare
Still sounds like a troll...
Absolutely, I don't know who you are.. I personally don't have any problem with Ijaws..

Kid!

1 Like

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Ugomba(m): 12:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
spanishkid:
Ijaws are the riverine people of Southern Nigeria. They live by the waters cos they're mainly fishermen by tradition. Ijaws can be found in Bayelsa, Delta, Edo, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Rivers, Ondo and even a fraction of them can be found in Benin Republic, Togo, Sierra Leone and Gabon. They're no doubt great travellers and very adventurous in nature.

Ijaws are one of the most detribalised ethnic groups in Nigeria. I remember when I was in Burutu last year, I was treated as one of them. One would not even be able to distinguish an indigene and myself cos I was treated like an indigene and given every privilege that was entitled to an Indigene. Whenever they go fishing, we were given fish and we always have fish pepper soup that day. The Chairman of that LGA always comes to check on us and even shares a drink with us. The youngest lawmaker in the history of Nigeria is an ijaw man by name Julius Pondi representing Burutu Federal Constituency. Ijaws are one of the most accommodating people in Nigeria and also ijaws are very brave. They're not afraid to take on anyone.

Someone on nairaland called ijaws land grabbers, boat dwellers, swamp settlers and drunken fishermen. How are ijaws land grabbers? Have they grabbed your land before? Ugomba should stop saying nonsense and calling my ijaw brothers land grabbers. Ugomba accused the ijaws of having an agenda. Please what agenda Ugomba? Why would ijaw want to grab your wastelands? Does your land have any economic value that ijaws would want to grab?

Cc: Tonyebarcanista, etc.
you posted diz trash when I was offline due to some busy activities.
Its like that my thread pained you.
- just tell ur Tonyebarcanista to NEVER bring his ijaw tailored Igbophobia near Delta North and accept the raw fact that there are many Igboid groups here in SS.(and such SS Igboid groups is one I am PROUDLY part of.
If he is pained by the Fact, He should go and HUG A TRANSFORMER.
I will continue to defend our Anioma interest and right.
- and for your info, THERE ARE NO IJAWS IN AKWA IBOM and CROSS RIVER STATE They should know their boundaries and Should not dare cross it..
Swampy and Backward Bayelsa State is the ONLY Ijaw majority state.

1 Like

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ugomba:

you posted diz trash when I was offline due to some busy activities.
Its like that my thread pained you.
- just tell ur Tonyebarcanista to NEVER bring his ijaw tailored Igbophobia near Delta North and accept the raw fact that there are many Igboid groups here in SS.(and such SS Igboid group is one I am PROUDLY part of.
If he is pained by the Fact, He should go and HUG A TRANSFORMER.
I will continue to defend our Anioma interest and right.
- and for your info, THERE ARE NO IJAWS IN AKWA IBOM and CROSS RIVER STATE They should know their boundaries and Should not dare cross it..
Swampy and Backward Bayelsa State is the ONLY Ijaw majority state.

Thank you, you are doing a good job...
Keep it up.
Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Afriifa(m): 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2016
Wizprodigy:

Clueless cluesou, i open your clownish link and what i saw was ERROR 404 PAGE NOT FOUND. Btw, eastern obollo and ibeno language is Oron and oron is a riverine community in akwa ibom don't come and teach me my tribe. The only distinct tribe in Akwa ibom is IGBO, yet the igbos does not chest beats about it. What about the ijaws in cross river una no claim that one too, make thunder knock for your door now, igbos wey dey there no the chest beat. Ijaw dey rivers, bayelsa, ondo and delta. Capish
u mumu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
cheruv:

If there are no Igbos in andoni,how come he's answering Uche??
Seek knowledge and stop portraying your igbo tribe as bunch of illetrates, uche means gift in obolo language and isnt even pronounced the same way, there is a russian athlete named eremina by this your logic she must be ijaw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 24, 2016
Wizprodigy:

Uche secondus 100% ijaw? Roflmao. Please what is the meaning of uche in ijaw abeg. Plus your link states that obolo is a mixture of 4 languages efik ibibio ijaw and igbo, hence no of this tribe can claim obolo is their's hope you get it. Andoni you mention please tell me when i mention andoni is igbo or you shut your mouth forever. Thank you.
If you spoke Obolo, or even knew what it was you would know that uche(oo-chay) pronounced differently from the igbo uche, means gift

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Emilokoiyawon: 5:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
grin
Re: The Ijaws That I Know by automatix: 8:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
cheruv:

If there are no Igbos in andoni,how come he's answering Uche??
Where is Adaure4eva?
Re: The Ijaws That I Know by steryc: 5:22pm On Apr 04, 2017
Only a fool will say there is no Ijaw in Akwa ibom state. Am a native of Okoroete popularly known as Okoroile in my place the headquarter of Eastern Obolo LGA in present day Akwa ibom state, we are not Ibibio nor Annang and we will never be, that we are unfortunately placed in Akwa ibom doesn't make us ibibio nor annang. So get your point straight .We are obolo people and obolo is a dialect in Ijaw. Get it into your skull.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by steryc: 5:25pm On Apr 04, 2017
Talking about Uche Secondus ,why he bears Uche, mind u, it is not pronounced as the Uche u know in igbo and it means gift in obolo. That's why we bear names like Ucheawaji or UcheAwaji (God's gift)

1 Like

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Afam4eva(m): 9:57pm On Apr 04, 2017
This is one funny thread grin
Re: The Ijaws That I Know by gold360(m): 7:55pm On Jul 19, 2022
With the increasing consciousness of the Ijaw people around the world for Ijaw unity, there is also an increasing demand by izon sons and daughters for an Izon handbook to facilitate learning and speaking our mother's tongue .
This book has been carefully written to provide a basic understanding of the Izon language to adults who missed out the unique opportunity of learning our izon language while growing up as children, the book also is designed to help Izon children to have basic foundation of their traditional language.
Written in Kolokuma, which has been agreed by scholars to be the ideal Ijaw educational language because it is easily understood by other Ijaw clans and thus easily facilitate learning of this nature for easier understanding.
The book outlines the numericals in Izon language, the Izon alphabets, how to combine letters to form words and sounds in izon, examples of simple sentences in Izon, , general greetings in izon, market days, days of the weeks, parts of the body, names of birds, names of land animals, some selected poems in izon, some selected proverbs in izon and their rich meanings , the Nigerian national anthem in Izon, the Ijaw nation's national anthem, Izon names and their meanings, how to prepare some Ijaw traditional dishes and many more,
It is our hope that this book will help in many ways to provide a foundation understanding of our izon language that will help the reader appreciate the richness of our mothers' tongue and encourages the reader to use the knowledge gathered in this book as often as possible.
WhatsApp us on 08063851239

Re: The Ijaws That I Know by Trinster: 8:21am On Sep 28, 2022
Who said the ibenos and eastern obolos speak oron?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Traditional Marriage, The Urhobo Way / Giving And Receiving: Why Is The Righthand Deemed More Respectful? / Can The Irunmoles Incarnate As Orishas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.