Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:44 PM

Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review (5308 Views)

Give Chelsea A Name / How To Beat Barcelona FC - (chelsea A Case Study) Part 1 / Chelsea: A Club Progressing In Retrogression? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Chxta(m): 7:26pm On Nov 07, 2005
ManScum-Ch€£$k¥: A review...

Well, after beating Ch€£$k¥ in what was a really tight and tension-soaked affair at Old Trafford, Fergie will feel he's done enough to get the hounds off his scent for a while (albeit a little while we hope...). A great result for ManScum, but an even greater result for Arse-nal which will see their record preserved for at least another season.

Moaning-ho looked completely at a loss today, and he even managed to counter his best move when he removed Del Horno for Chinedu Onwuka (for those who do not know, that is Carlton Cole). This totally unbalanced his team which, up to that point, had looked like they were going to recover. (Shey I don dey yarn since say Moaning-ho no get tactical nous?)

Also, the endless long balls looking for Drogba and the lanky Onwuka proved largely ineffective as they all ended up somewhere outside the ManScum box, allowing the defenders to make robust challenges to get them away. Had these balls had a bit more penetration, they'd have caused some more problems.

Shaun Wright-Phillips looked completely out-of-sorts and is clearly lacking match fitness. There were none of the trademark mazey runs down the right flank which made him such a hot property last season (why in God's name did he go to Ch€£$k¥?). He only managed one shot on goal which was probably drifting wide before it was stopped by Van Der Sar.

van "hijo de puta" Nastilroy (no be me give am the name o! Ask Paddy Vieira cheesy http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/sport/sport1.shtml) blew the best ManScum chance of the second half, skying the ball from ten yards after having been neatly set up by Fletcher.

Overall though, a good performance from ManScum. They closed Ch€£$k¥ down rapidly, and gave the Blue scum no chance to dwell on the ball or think up attacks. Apart from a period in the middle of the second half (an inordinately long one at that) when Ch€£$k¥ dominated and looked like scoring, I'd say the scum had things under control.

Well, after it all, I can confidently say that my quarrel with Manchester United which has been raging for 6 1/2 years is finally over! No more calling them Man..., it is now Manchester United!

Finally, the end of the argument as to whether Frankie Lamps is better than Zidane (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mb606/F2241566?thread=1316714). Well, I can only go on...

Where are all you misguided souls now? All of you who dared sully the name of the legend Zinedine Zidane by mentioning it in the same sentence as Frank Lampard? Did you catch the Man Utd v. Ch€£$k¥ game? Anyone who did will realise one thing: Lampard is not and will never be good enough to lick Zidane's boots in front of Wembley before an England match.

Faced with a rather combative striker-turned-midfielder! in Alan Smith, Lampard faded as the game went on. His deficiencies became more and more glaring and fataly exposed.

1) Lampard has only two styles of passing: short to Essien or Makelele, or long hunting for Drogba. Niether of these proved to be the formula to unlock a rather stubborn Man Utd defence.

2) Lampard cannot hit a dead ball. Of the several freekicks he took, not one troubled Van Der Sar. I'll bet all the Man Utd players on wall duty needed ice after the match.

3) Lampard turns on the ball with all the grace of an overloaded supertanker.

4) Lampard only looks good when Drogba manages to knock a ball down for him to hit (while it is in motion of course) and with Drogba expertly marshalled by a combination of Silvestre and Ferdinand (I was shocked!), there were no such scraps for Lampard to feed on.

5) Lampard does not possess the quality or class needed to motivate a losing team facing equal opposition.

Amen!
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Seun(m): 8:27pm On Nov 07, 2005
Nice review, Chxta, well done. Now all I have to do is try to figure out what match you're talking about exactly! rolleyes
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Chxta(m): 6:01am On Nov 08, 2005
Why in God's name did you change the title? This is the kind of thing that gets me really pissed off!
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by fabian(f): 11:41am On Nov 08, 2005
Sawry, but CHELSEA was beaten by Man U so I am Happy!
*GREAT PETER!* where are you?
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by harry12345: 3:39pm On Jan 01, 2006
Hi what was the score on november 7 vs manchester united and ugly old chelsea undecided
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by harry12345: 3:39pm On Jan 01, 2006
u smell (chelsea)
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Christino(m): 1:48am On Jan 27, 2007
Guess this year's rematch will be a huge surprise and a season decider!
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by kitaun(m): 3:39am On Jan 27, 2007
This was resurrected to draw Chxta back innit? Well i missed him even if i got scores 2 settle with him lol
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by ravenesque: 3:43am On Jan 24, 2009
Man U obviously.
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 24, 2009
What review?
Are we talking of the April 29th 06 3nil spanking of United at the Bridge?
Or the Nov, 08, 2-1 defeat at the Bridge?
Or the FA cup final, 2007 defeat at Webley?
Which one na? I beg tell us!!!

Scum bags, with short memory.
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by switch47(m): 11:10am On Jan 24, 2009
, CHELSEA WAS TERMINATED, THEY ARE A JINXED SIDE!! THE TEAM WAS DEFEATED BY A CLEARLY FAR FAR FAR FAR BETTER SIDE, WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY, grin
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 24, 2009
Permit me to refresh your memory a little,bluediva,
but we seemed to win the most important tie:MOSCOW!!!

this tie was 1-nil in favour of the RED DEVILS at OT.

So till then,try comforting yourself with some insignificant wins.
And try to forget the bashing on 11/1/2009.Because it was a savage beaten we handed down to you.
Not a single shot on goal.You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to bring out past results after a shambolic disgrace of a performance.
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Sauron1: 12:05pm On Jan 24, 2009
BlueDiva:

Or the Nov, 08, 2-1 defeat at the Bridge?

U don't even know your football.
In Nov 2008, It was Arsenal that defeated Man Utd, not Chelsea.
FYI, that was the last time United have lost a league game this season.
Why mix up Arsenal's resultz with Chelski?? R u a GAYNNER in disguise?? grin
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by switch47(m): 12:36pm On Jan 24, 2009
~Sauron~:

U don't even know your football.
In Nov 2008, It was Arsenal that defeated Man Utd, not Chelsea.
FYI, that was the last time United have lost a league game this season.
Why mix up Arsenal's resultz with Chelski?? R u a GAYNNER in disguise?? grin

chelsea 'so called fans' are extremely intelligent in the art of mindless ecapism-------------they dwell on insignificant things like DONT BE SURPRISED IF THEY CELEBRATE A GOAL SCORED BY TERRY DURING TRAINING---------CHELSEA WILL NOT GET A SINGLE TROUPHY THIS SEASON------------ROMANIS LOOKING FR A BUYER if he cant get one soon-----he will sell the team bit by bit like cray fish----what a waste

Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 24, 2009
@ Mr Stats,
u've come again o grin
Anyway, u know the game.
Remember. . . PAT
LAMPARD
RIP

@ Eastbay,
I accept, u took it at Moscow.
The gods were with u.
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Sauron1: 4:36pm On Jan 24, 2009
BlueDiva:

@ Mr Stats,
u've come again o grin
Anyway, u know the game.
Remember. . . PAT
LAMPARD
RIP

PAT LAMPARD 8 RIP was a dodgy game.
It was 1-1 until a visually-impaired line assistant gave a phantom penalty.
Anyways, that didn't stop United from taking the bigger titles last season and they ensured Chelsea WON NOTHING.
Horneychic, i ask: Are y'all GAYnners in disguise?
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 24, 2009
PAT LAMPARD 8 RIP was a dodgy game.
It was 1-1 until a visually-impaired line assistant gave a phantom penalty.
Anyways, that didn't stop United from taking the bigger titles last season and they ensured Chelsea WON NOTHING.
Horneychic, i ask: Are y'all GAYnners in disguise?
I'd rather support Burnley than be a gaynner.
Dodgy or not, history remembers us as the Winner.
How can i forget that sweet FA cup victory?
Don't forget, Chelsea has always been the underdog when playing United.
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Sauron1: 5:41pm On Jan 24, 2009
BlueDiva:

Don't forget, Chelsea has always been the underdog when playing United.

Becuz Man Utd are world champions.
10 EPL titles compared to Chelsea's TWO??
The difference is so CLEAR!!!
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Nobody: 4:35am On Jan 25, 2009
Becuz Man Utd are world champions.
10 EPL titles compared to Chelsea's TWO??
The difference is so CLEAR!!!
True, thats why we take the underdog status.
Its always a slap when the underdog beats the top dog, like we've done a lot in recent times.
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Sauron1: 4:27pm On Jan 25, 2009
BlueDiva:

True, thats why we take the underdog status.
Its always a slap when the underdog beats the top dog, like we've done a lot in recent times.

While it might be a slap, Utd fans consider the RENTIES as lil boys.
We took all the meaningful titles last season while Chelsea finished the season with an empty basket.
There's nuthing to show y'all title haul would improve this season WHILE Man Utd might FINISH with SIX TITLES(Community shield and World Club championship inclusive).
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 25, 2009
Little boys? Even u know thats a joke.
Like i've always said, the season is still very much open.
I've told u, don't bet on the EPL, FA and even Carling. Spurs might just get the better of u.
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by mykali(m): 5:56pm On Jan 25, 2009
it aint ya faults. angry
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by staloone(m): 12:35pm On Jan 28, 2009
COME I CAN'T STILL UNDERSTAND THE NOISE CHELSEA FANS IN NAIJA ARE CHANTING ABOUT? MANCHESTER UNITED BEAT THEM MERCILESSLY IN FRONT OF JOSE MORINHNO 3-0, IS IT NOT SHAMEFUL WHAT MAN U DID TO THEM?

AT LEAST RESPECT SHOULD NOW BE GIVEN TO MAN U FOR SOME TIME. WE HAVE 10 EPL TROPHIES COMPERED TO THEIR TWO, NA WAH OOOOOO! THE DIF. IS CLEAR shocked

THE WHOLE DEMOLITION STARTED WITH A DRAWING OF THE SCALE AT BRIDGE: MAN U MARKED THE BRIDGE FOR DEMOLITION WITH A 1-1 DRAW, THEN LIVERPOOL WAS AWARDED THE CONTRACT BY THE FORMER F.C.T MINISTER TO DEMOLISH THE BRIDGE AND IT SEEMS THE WILL RE-BUILD THE BRIDGE, SO MILITANTS FROM ARSENAL GUNNED THEM DOWN, LEAVING ALL PLAYERS DEAD , FINALLY A THREE DAY :-3-0:- BURIAL RITE WAS PERFORMED IN OLD TRAFFORD ON THE 11TH DAY OF JANUARY 2009. R.I.P cry

MAY THE CONTRACT OF COACH SCOLARI REST IN THE EXIT DOOR, IF HE DOES NOT PERFORM WELL AFTER THE BURIAL CEREMONY, AND WHAT DO U ALL SAY?
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by switch47(m): 12:48pm On Jan 28, 2009
staloone:

COME I CAN'T STILL UNDERSTAND THE NOISE CHELSEA FANS IN NAIJA ARE CHANTING ABOUT? MANCHESTER UNITED BEAT THEM MERCILESSLY IN FRONT OF JOSE MORINHNO 3-0, IS IT NOT SHAMEFUL WHAT MAN U DID TO THEM?

AT LEAST RESPECT SHOULD NOW BE GIVEN TO MAN U FOR SOME TIME. WE HAVE 10 EPL TROPHIES COMPERED TO THEIR TWO, NA WAH OOOOOO! THE DIF. IS CLEAR shocked

THE WHOLE DEMOLITION STARTED WITH A DRAWING OF THE SCALE AT BRIDGE: MAN U MARKED THE BRIDGE FOR DEMOLITION WITH A 1-1 DRAW, THEN LIVERPOOL WAS AWARDED THE CONTRACT BY THE FORMER F.C.T MINISTER TO DEMOLISH THE BRIDGE AND IT SEEMS THE WILL RE-BUILD THE BRIDGE, SO MILITANTS FROM ARSENAL GUNNED THEM DOWN, LEAVING ALL PLAYERS DEAD , FINALLY A THREE DAY :-3-0:- BURIAL RITE WAS PERFORMED IN OLD TRAFFORD ON THE 11TH DAY OF JANUARY 2009. R.I.P cry

MAY THE CONTRACT OF COACH SCOLARI REST IN THE EXIT DOOR, IF HE DOES NOT PERFORM WELL AFTER THE BURIAL CEREMONY, AND WHAT DO U ALL SAY?
grin grin THANKS FOR MAKING MY DAY!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHGAHAHAHAHA----------------------------------HA
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 28, 2009

Just the way we spanked you guys 3 nil to win our 2nd EPL trophy. Remember? JM threw his medal to the crowd
Na so e be. Every dog has its day.
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 28, 2009
BlueDiva,
True every dog has its day.
But you guys NEVER thought you'd get the hiding you did.
So SWALLOW that thumping and stop giving excuses.
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 28, 2009
BlueDiva,
True every dog has its day.
But you guys NEVER thought you'd get the hiding you did.
So SWALLOW that thumping and stop giving excuses.

How many times does Madrid, Milan, Barca, Juve etc get thumped?
Juve was even relegated to Seria B.
Like I said sir, every dog has its day. Even Arsenal had theirs some 5 seasons back.
Why are y'all so obsessed with my Beloved Chelsea? I can't figure.

Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by switch47(m): 3:21pm On Jan 28, 2009
J[b]uve was reegated not because they did not win---it was a punitive measure. chelsea is just a lousy waste of money and they will go extinct soon!![/b]
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 28, 2009
BlueDiva,
Being selective here,abi?
Remember that Juve were relegated because of the match fixing scandal,not because they were thumped 3-nil by their closest rivals,or couldn't keep a clean sheet even against the likes of Stoke and Ipswich, or take 1 out of a possible 12 at HOME against their title rivals.

I'm not being obsessed.
Your noise about Chelsea is too much;but apparently the 3-nil spanking (without a shot at goal).We're just helping to keep the noise down a bit.
You and your over-aged,over-hyped,over-fluked, over-fed and over-paid players.
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by staloone(m): 2:03pm On Feb 03, 2009
come Bluediva the truth is just in front of you no hiding ok? ok since u dey claim don don, don't forget that Liverpool beat Chelsea 2 nil last sunday, so that is a confirmation of what i am saying, so just chill ok? United rules!!! grin no time!
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 05, 2009
staloone:

come Bluediva the truth is just in front of you no hiding ok? ok since u dey claim don don, don't forget that Liverpool beat Chelsea 2 nil last sunday, so that is a confirmation of what i am saying, so just chill ok? United rules!!! grin no time!

Like L'pool has never beaten United before?
Chelsea has beat L'pool on numerous occasions too.
Teams beat one another.
I'd rather u worry about W' Ham this weekend. Don't forget they know how to make u guys look 'likkle'
Re: Manchester United vs. Chelsea: A Review by Sauron1: 1:31pm On Feb 05, 2009
BlueDiva:

Teams beat one another.
I'd rather u worry about W' Ham this weekend. Don't forget they know how to make u guys look 'likkle'

That was in the days of Curbishley-Ferguson alliance.
We would smash the Hammers by 4-0 on sunday.
With Rooney and Evra back in the squad, the Hammers would be better off not showing up on their own ground.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sunderland(1) Vs Chelsea(3) On Tuesday 18th August / Mourinho Plans To 'Kill' Chelsea / Chelsea Vs West Bromwich (live From Stamford Bridge, 14th August @5:30pm)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.