Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:31 PM

8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries (78268 Views)

Dangote Oil Refinery: Graduate Engineer Trainees Return After Overseas Training / 8 Kinds Of People Every Talented Person Need In Order To Succeed / 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by kaziblake(f): 8:38pm On Jan 21, 2016
No job in abroad is a waste.
I heard they pay per hour,atleast I know a man that used cleaning job to build a mansion here in 9ja.

Washing dead body over there is better than a graduate collecting 10k here in 9ja.

9 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Damayor12(m): 8:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
This is ridiculous man..

It's never this terrible bruh...

How about

Driver
Factory worker
Care giver
Working at eateries
Nanny
House keeper

You think you just resume at a morgue by the corner of the street without a certificate or a training of some sort? Most of the positions you listed here need some sort of training or a certificate.
You don't just go and mummify someone's body, you'll. Get sued for this..
Some of the morgue workers have Masters in forensic studies, and are happy with their career.

So Stop fvckin lying sir

F.Y.I Tinubu aka Jagaban was a driver and a security guard when he got his scholarship abroad, and was using it to support his schooling...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Ibime(m): 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2016
wristbangle:

So the news about Nigerians working in mortuary is false? Does that mean people spreading this information are lying?

Anyway what about the other listed points brother?

I have never known of a Nigerian or any foreigner working in a mortuary in all my years in the UK.

Working in mortuary is actually a highly paid job and the English undertakers tend not to allow foreigners into those jobs.

It is usually a family affair eg Fisher & sons undertakers since 1886 - and usually only family members will work there.

I have been to at least 10-15 funerals and never seen anyone but English natives bring in and take out the corpse.

14 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by tiamiyukunle69(m): 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2016
Apart from Drug smuggling and Prostitution Seriously I don't see anything wrong in these jobs once it can pay my bills especially considering the standard of living in these countries. I doubt a Professor in Nigeria doing a cleaning job abroad though..... Cos to be a Prof in Naija sef no be beans

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2016
"Graduates..."

For what that is worth it abroad...knowing the Nigerian quality of education...just nothing much.

Some will succeed and others wont. Individual brains, commitment and entrepreneurship are not expressed in useless certificates... You just have it or you don't. Besides, one needs a lot of good luck in life too, meet the right people and profit of the right place, time and circumstances.

#graduating is nothing exceptional, its like eating breakfast in the morning, many on this planet do

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by 4nobody4every1: 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2016
HungerBAD:
Aside the Drug Pushing and Prostitution, i see nothing bad.

The other Jobs are totally Legit, and as long as it is an Honest Job and pays the Bills, i see nothing wrong with it. To the OP, have you lived outside Nigeria?i am assuming no, and that is why you came out with this list.

Life Outside Nigeria is not the Bed Of Roses, people portray it to be. If you have lived outside Nigeria, and you are being picky with work, especially if you are "SQUATTING" somewhere, then in a short time you will find yourself homeless and foodless.

You work because you have bills to pay. More over, some of the Jobs on your list are actually high paying Jobs, like the Mortician and the Security Job, especially if you are employed by a High Profile Company.

Your mentality is exactly why there are plenty of unemployed graduates in Nigeria, as they are always picky and choosy with what they want, while squatting somewhere eating free food, and coming to the pages of Nairaland to complain how their hosts/Brother/Sister/In law and friend is treating them because they are Jobless.

5000likes kiss cool

6 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by henrydadon(m): 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2016
U can only get a good reputable job abroad if u have a certificate from any of their university...any thing other than that forget it...most of our university are not recognised so I can't blame them

4 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by DSSHQ: 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2016
The write up is very ignorant. You are correct.
Damayor12:
This is ridiculous man..

It's never this terrible bruh...

How about

Driver
Factory worker
Care giver
Working at eateries
Nanny
House keeper

You think you just resume at a morgue by the corner of the street without a certificate or a training of some sort?

Stop lying sir

2 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by shegzhkn: 8:44pm On Jan 21, 2016
wristbangle:
The rush for greener pasture has becloud the vision of Nigeria Graduates to the extent that most believe nothing good can happen owing to the deplorable state of the country's economy.

As a result of negative economic situation, some have travelled to the overseas in search for good jobs but it's unfortunate that they eventually secure shameful occupation which they can't even wish for their enemy to do.

Therefore, 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries

1. Cleaner

It's so demoralising to see a PHD holder cleaning toilets, streets, floor of hotels, bars and offices. No matter how terrible Nigeria economy is, a graduate of such calibre cannot even think for once in picking such jobs in this county except if his/her village witches are at work.

2. Security guard

I have heard cases of professors in Nigeria University been employed as security guard in overseas countries because his quality of education and expertise cannot even match the skills an employer is looking for. What could be so agonising to see your celebrated professor as puppet in another country?

3. Washing dead bodies

It's rather an insult upon injury to see a Graduate of this country washing dead body in another man's land to make end meets. The most annoying thing they claim to be working as forensic officer but what happens when they contact a deadly disease during the occupation, of course prophet T.B joshua will be at their rescue.

4. Prostitution

I don't know why some ladies who are graduates has completely lost self esteem and integrity hereby resorting to prostitution career when they travel to overseas. This is a common act in countries like Italy and Brazil where they have sex with all sort of men, dog, horse and monkey in order to make money. I am sure that people must have heard the story of a female Nigeria celebrity who did this act. I pity the guy that will marry her.

5. House maid

I believe that the highest qualification to select a house maid suppose to be someone with O level certificate but the case is different in overseas countries where some Nigeria graduate make mockery of their selves to work as house help.

6. Refuse and Sewage packer

Honestly speaking I pity the life of refuse and sewage workers because they are marred with poor health condition which is as a result of the bad stench oozing from the waste. Let's be frank here, can a white man work as sewage worker in Nigeria? Abi no be the same brain God give us?

7. Drug smuggler

Smuggling cocaine, hemp, marijuana and other hard drugs is not a legitimate occupation and it can never be. Greed and desperation to become wealthy fast has ruin the destiny of so many Nigeria Graduates whereby some have rot in jail while others has received death penalty.

8. Undertaker

There is dignity in when a graduate of this country patiently build his/her career at expense of picking a job that will never add value to his resume. Imagine a graduate working as undertaker (lifting corpse in coffin) at overseas countries because of the money attached. Is that life?

You can also add yours

Lalasticlala
well am addressing the cleaner part where u making references to witches . have u heard PhD holders apply to take trunk driver at dangote's company.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by sonnie10: 8:45pm On Jan 21, 2016
CNA (certified nursing assistant)

Mental health residential counselor (Taking are of metal chanllenged people)

Group Home (Taking care of homeless people)

Taxi Driving

HHA (Home Health Aide; Helping people do domestic work in their home
)

Live- In Assistant (Living with people who need help)

Janitor (Cleaner)

Store Attendant

2 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Marriott1980(m): 8:45pm On Jan 21, 2016
This is hilarious. I have been in America for a while now and i can authoritatively tell you that nobody washes dead bodies here. Haba Nigerians can lie o.

People work as cleaners, factory workers, Security and housemaid, thats true but ask yourself do these people have the proper documentation, What level of education do they have. This has been hammered on peoples head over and over again, if you like have 100 phd from Nigeria, come to America in an illegal capacity, you wont even get a job washing plates. Nobody cares about your qualification here if you have nothing to back it up. Trust me most people who even have papers and cant get a good job but they end up doing thos jobs you listed make more than what a bank manager makes in Nigeria and its the same people that you in Nigeria will beg and say bros send me money. Mind you you claim they wash shit but they still send you dollars. Does the dollars smell of shit?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by DSSHQ: 8:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
Can you prove number two with examples? I am not sure you know what it takes to become a Professor in Nigeria. No Professor will bring himself low except he is a person of little worth. Some of those stories you hear are made up.

6 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Ishilove: 8:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
HungerBAD:

The other Jobs are totally Legit, and as long as it is an Honest Job and pays the Bills, i see nothing wrong with it. To the OP, have you lived outside Nigeria?i am assuming no, and that is why you came out with this list.

Life Outside Nigeria is not the Bed Of Roses, people portray it to be. If you have lived outside Nigeria, and you are being picky with work, especially if you are "SQUATTING" somewhere, then in a short time you will find yourself homeless and foodless.

You work because you have bills to pay. More over, some of the Jobs on your list are actually high paying Jobs, like the Mortician and the Security Job, especially if you are employed by a High Profile Company.

Your mentality is exactly why there are plenty of unemployed graduates in Nigeria, as they are always picky and choosy with what they want, while squatting somewhere eating free food, and coming to the pages of Nairaland to complain how their hosts/Brother/Sister/In law and friend is treating them because they are Jobless.

You don't seem to get his point, but you're entitled to your opinion

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Stylz69(m): 8:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
Annoying and demoralising...I totally agree. I left in 2006 with less than 1000 pounds and a warning not to come back without a Masters degree. I worked as a cleaner and a security guard. Did I enjoy it? No! I still did it and in 2009, I resigned and enrolled full-time for my masters and did the whole year without working from my savings and even had enough to travel to Tanzania to carry out my thesis. Today, I'm back in Nigeria with a good job but I still remember my experience from years back. I know a guy who had 3 Masters degree and was still working as a security guard and had enrolled for a 4th one just so he could have a visa to stay back. If you've got a plan and you need to actualize it...then the type of job you do doesn't matter. The key thing is not to get carried away and stay back in the dead end jobs.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by roydenavas: 8:47pm On Jan 21, 2016
NWANNE when USD $ is involved my guy forget dat trash called pHD

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by DSSHQ: 8:48pm On Jan 21, 2016
Exactly! People just write things ignorantly without research.
tiamiyukunle69:
Seriously I don't see anything wrong in these jobs once it can pay my bills especially considering the standard of living in these countries. I doubt a Professor in Nigeria doing a cleaning job abroad though..... Cos to be a Prof in Naija sef no be beans

3 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by kekeoj15: 8:50pm On Jan 21, 2016
Quite uninformed and senseless post. I guess the poster is a toddler, or better still, a secondary school leaver with no exposure to research. A bit of research will tell you about the survival of the fittest. These are lies they told to the credulous in Nigeria. When you say abroad, you should be able to expatiate. Cyprus, Dubai, UK, Germany, Finland, Morocco, Lesotho, South Africa, US et al are all abroad. You ignorantly painted all these jobs as crimes (though 4 and 7 are), but there should be dignity in whatever jobs you do in as much as you are not a criminal. What's the point of being a jobless graduate in Nigeria when you can eke a living somewhere else?

As if as the insult is not enough, the people doing these jobs will send money back to Nigeria to help their siblings o, including the poster.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Skywalker5(m): 8:50pm On Jan 21, 2016
Very stupid topic

5 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Taryur3(m): 8:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
wristbangle:
The rush for greener pasture has becloud the vision of Nigeria Graduates to the extent that most believe nothing good can happen owing to the deplorable state of the country's economy.

As a result of negative economic situation, some have travelled to the overseas in search for good jobs but it's unfortunate that they eventually secure shameful occupation which they can't even wish for their enemy to do.

Therefore, 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries

1. Cleaner I guess the op is delusional.for you to post this here you are jobless.bros if you want any of this jobs come and take it.

It's so demoralising to see a PHD holder cleaning toilets, streets, floor of hotels, bars and offices. No matter how terrible Nigeria economy is, a graduate of such calibre cannot even think for once in picking such jobs in this county except if his/her village witches are at work.

2. Security guard

I have heard cases of professors in Nigeria University been employed as security guard in overseas countries because his quality of education and expertise cannot even match the skills an employer is looking for. What could be so agonising to see your celebrated professor as puppet in another country?

3. Washing dead bodies

It's rather an insult upon injury to see a Graduate of this country washing dead body in another man's land to make end meets. The most annoying thing they claim to be working as forensic officer but what happens when they contact a deadly disease during the occupation, of course prophet T.B joshua will be at their rescue.

4. Prostitution

I don't know why some ladies who are graduates has completely lost self esteem and integrity hereby resorting to prostitution career when they travel to overseas. This is a common act in countries like Italy and Brazil where they have sex with all sort of men, dog, horse and monkey in order to make money. I am sure that people must have heard the story of a female Nigeria celebrity who did this act. I pity the guy that will marry her.

5. House maid

I believe that the highest qualification to select a house maid suppose to be someone with O level certificate but the case is different in overseas countries where some Nigeria graduate make mockery of their selves to work as house help.

6. Refuse and Sewage packer

Honestly speaking I pity the life of refuse and sewage workers because they are marred with poor health condition which is as a result of the bad stench oozing from the waste. Let's be frank here, can a white man work as sewage worker in Nigeria? Abi no be the same brain God give us?

7. Drug smuggler

Smuggling cocaine, hemp, marijuana and other hard drugs is not a legitimate occupation and it can never be. Greed and desperation to become wealthy fast has ruin the destiny of so many Nigeria Graduates whereby some have rot in jail while others has received death penalty.

8. Undertaker

There is dignity in when a graduate of this country patiently build his/her career at expense of picking a job that will never add value to his resume. Imagine a graduate working as undertaker (lifting corpse in coffin) at overseas countries because of the money attached. Is that life?

You can also add yours that op most be stupid.with the current exchange rate you still dey complain about one job that brings dollar...to hell with you.i will grab any of this listed jobs and be your boss.you will queue before I assist you.nonsense post.na poverty go kill you.

Lalasticlala
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by wristbangle: 8:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
shegzhkn:

well am addressing the cleaner part where u making references to witches . have u heard PhD holders apply to take trunk driver at dangote's company.

Yes and it is so demoralising. Suppose it is own business, agreed! E no go better for unemployment.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Skywalker5(m): 8:52pm On Jan 21, 2016
Very stupid topic. Nigerians always carrying certificate for head.What is wrong with cleaner and security guard? Is that how you look down on people? Cleaners and security can afford to take care of thier family abroad. How many people in Nigeria doing office job can do that?

14 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2016
Here you are trying to badmouth the hustles of honest workers. Save for prostitution & drug dealing, there's nothing wrong with the rest on the list, especially when it's the last resort.
Would you rather prefer they live a life of crime?.
Besides, aren't some graduates in Nigeria doing more demeaning jobs?.
For your info, I know a guy who drove a taxi cab in the US for 3 years. He now has a house in Ogudu G.R.A, so keep yelping what you don't know, instead of jolting to reality & start hustling.
This is a huge pile of thrash.

You deserve a slap in fact.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by wristbangle: 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2016
Skywalker5:
Very stupid topic

Thank you cool

2 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 21, 2016
HungerBAD:

Don't we have the same jobs here? Why can't they do it?

What's the need of becoming a graduate if you want to use it for a cleaner or an undertaker...?
It's not as if they are being paid in millions, the cost of living is also high there, some of them have little or nothing to show after spending a lot years there...

You're saying the op mentality is bad when actually it is urs that is worst....

2 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by roydenavas: 8:55pm On Jan 21, 2016
HungerBAD:

my guy 4gt dat tin USD $ is d way forward
pls wat d current exchange rate
forget dat trash called PhD & co
nwanne $1 =#305

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by wristbangle: 8:56pm On Jan 21, 2016
darkenedrebel:
Here you are trying to badmouth the hustles of honest workers. Save for prostitution & drug dealing, there's nothing wrong with the rest of the other jobs, especially when it's the last resort.
Would you rather prefer they live a life of crime?.
Besides, aren't some graduates in Nigeria doing more demeaning jobs?.
For your info, I know a guy who drove a taxi cab in the US for 3 years. He now has a house in Ogudu G.R.A, so keep yelping what you don't know, instead of jolting to reality & hustling.

You deserve a slap in fact.

Baba, see as you dey tackle me oo. Anyway u can't compare taxi occupation to the listed occupation nah
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by raumdeuter: 8:57pm On Jan 21, 2016
Are the people doing those jobs more annoying than you that still depend on his parents for feeding money
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by mallimillz(m): 8:57pm On Jan 21, 2016
Shey wen dey sit @ home you are gonna be the first to call dem lazy graduate...
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by ronald4lif(m): 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2016
Griffon:
It's not like we're doing anything stellar to survive in Nigeria either.

Same country where graduates are forced to settle for stipends as salaries and where skilled professionals are forced to work outside the course of their study only to have ends meet.

That's more annoying.

Is it not same Nigeria where employers treats their employees like offals and piece of trash. Where an employer can lay you off your job without any course to do so. Where staff go months without being paid and with no explanation from their bosses even as there are virtually no labour laws to protect the working class.

I can go on and on but there's no pride and benefits of working in Naija as compared abroad. So, nothing truly annoying about anyone doing such jobs like you said.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by slimgold123(f): 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2016
Really Bad. These are no good work. May God help Nigeria. May God change the bad reputation that we had to a good one.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by raumdeuter: 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2016
udemzy101:

Don't we have the same jobs here? Why can't they do it?

What's the need of becoming a graduate if you want to use it for a cleaner or an undertaker...?
It's not as if they are being paid in millions, the cost of living is also high there, some of them have little or nothing to show after spending a lot years there...

You're saying the op mentality is bad when actually it is urs that is worst....

A security guard or an undertaker in the US can earn more than $2000 a month. if you can pay in Lagos or anywhere in Nigera security Guards or undertakers Half of that i.e 300k per month, Your lecturer with a Phd would apply for it

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

CRIN Workers Strip To Underwear To Protest Against Management (photos) / Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral / Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.