Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment (18951 Views)

NCC To Sanction Telcos For Poor Services / Why NCC Directed Big Telcos To Increase Data Tariffs – official / NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by wristbangle: 9:00am On Jan 22, 2016
naijaboiy:
undecided

Lol wetin? U neva do ur MTN registration?

Me don break my MTN sim since..
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by siraj1402(m): 9:01am On Jan 22, 2016
Yes out right must be given.

Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by Thatitan234(m): 9:01am On Jan 22, 2016
I support this. No Nigerian should be disrespected because of her religious disposition.

Even though majority of us are bigots and can't even tolerate seeing women in veil, the government should be all-tolerant and balanced.

After going thru the standard security scrutiny, this women are simply asking for a private place to take off their veil. This isn't too much to ask biko.

1 Like

Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by henrydadon(m): 9:09am On Jan 22, 2016
only in Nigeria SIM registration become a big fuckiing problem
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by femi4: 9:10am On Jan 22, 2016
barbstee:

offcourse i wsnt bt i told u i knw of some cases dt ws d way d minister said.he said this
With all the advert about the procedure in registering your SIM. There was no provision for such reqest above.

In fact, some of the registering centers are open fields
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by daspeaker: 9:11am On Jan 22, 2016
Terrorists/Bokoharams are not difficult to identify.
uselessgoat:
Thank God for the honourable minister. the xtains should know that islam is peace and not all muslims are terrorist. Respect our beliefs or expect jihad angry
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by demarc001: 9:13am On Jan 22, 2016
uselessgoat:
Thank God for the honourable minister. the xtains should know that islam is peace and not all muslims are terrorist. Respect our beliefs or expect jihad angry

Just viewing your comment shows your confusion; preaching peace and hate at the same time! Is a wa!
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by Intendy: 9:18am On Jan 22, 2016
Danzakidakura:
terrorist always defending their people.
pls who is the minister of communication?
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by Nairadays: 9:20am On Jan 22, 2016

“In some of the complaints, women in pudah were required to remove their veils in public despite requests by such women that a place should be provided for them away from public glare and for only female officials to attend to them. All entreaties by these women failed, rather they were allegedly accused of being Boko Haram agents and refused registration after several altercations ensued in some of the registration centres.”

Forgive me for been judgmental, but Honorable Sir, i know and recall that during the ministerial screenings; thou you're a Muslim, you tended to be fanatical and displayed every probability to be Islamically extremist; and so am not surprised for you to be voicing this predicament of those under the coverings of the purdah.

I understand the workings of human rights and freedom to the affected fellows, but the current situation of terrorist machinations and evil perpetrated by people wearing the purdah might have necessitated the unconscious harsh treatment they received at the registration centers.

1 Like

Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by Ethelbrown(m): 9:20am On Jan 22, 2016
Godfullsam:
They should be sanctioned for sending useless SMS everyday especially em tea hen grin
Exactly! I concur with you. It's becoming unbearable.
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by naijaboiy: 9:22am On Jan 22, 2016
wristbangle:

Lol wetin? U neva do ur MTN registration?

Me don break my MTN sim since..
Lool me don register since o.

Na the way these people dey complain naim dey vex me.
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by sanandreas(m): 9:24am On Jan 22, 2016
What is the Minister feeling like. You were appointed and not elected. Teach your wife good manners at home. I don't understand these people at all. I hate seeing eleyas. Hijab is a bit okay . Burka is a no no no. Black all round. Minister you can be fired anytime. U are bound by the constitution of Nigeria. U know the rules why didn't you follow her

2 Likes

Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by CapitalX(m): 9:26am On Jan 22, 2016
First of all, what is that yello yello network again? Ok i remember, it kalled hen-te-hen.
Aha make you just listen, i had a terryfying dream that you went to your village and you were Wailing everywhere you go.
Pls be careful na.
Chei chei, ewo o hmm *crying in babylonian style.
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by eightsin(m): 9:26am On Jan 22, 2016
This minister has gone mad. Of all example, it was the ijab woman he sighted not even minding the security risk and how she verbally assaulted our security personnel doing their duty.

1 Like

Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by CapitalX(m): 9:29am On Jan 22, 2016
sanandreas:
What is the Minister feeling like. You were appointed and not elected. Teach your wife good manners at home. I don't understand these people at all. I hate seeing eleyas. Hijab is a bit okay . Burka is a no no no. Black all round. Minister you can be fired anytime. U are bound by the constitution of Nigeria. U know the rules why didn't you follow her
you talking to the boss like that ni. Be cheerful o, make you and metuh no for greet each other every morning with neighbours like Dasuki and Kanu.
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by francizy(m): 9:31am On Jan 22, 2016
barbstee:

offcourse i wsnt bt i told u i knw of some cases dt ws d way d minister said.he said this

We're talking about banning this veil/hijab due to its frequent use by terrorists then you're here defending a policewoman trying to ensure the safety of individuals. They should have first submitted themselves for thorough search, then if the police refuses or after the search, their requests weren't still tendered to, then we fault the police and telecom companies.

As for me, if I were in the north and someone with that covering comes to join a que with me, even if my turn is next and she stood very close to me, I wouldn't mind going to the back. As a matter of fact if I can't escape such situation, I might as well consider travelling out of north to do my thing. Can't risk my life.

2 Likes

Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 22, 2016
Why dem no go open veil na,who dem be? Na so dem fine reach? Cmon my friend open veil make we see sumptin
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by Dubemkelly(m): 9:32am On Jan 22, 2016
Rubbish until it affects a figure then it becomes a thing oof consideration, because a minister's wife was involved, sanction becomes evident
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by jomoh: 9:34am On Jan 22, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
then NCC too should shift the dead line a little bit
am an mtn worker I can imagine what I will be facing again today at work with the crowd

Is that your excuse to harass a woman in veil.
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by Kangol99(m): 9:35am On Jan 22, 2016
That's what people have been facing everyday. I. Have called MTN office many times for many people so that they can stop the unnecessary deduction and extortion of money from their subscribers without their consent.

Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by wristbangle: 9:36am On Jan 22, 2016
naijaboiy:

Lool me don register since o.

Na the way these people dey complain naim dey vex me.

Lol, how dem no go complain? Person whey e don register sim tire, NCC abi MTN go come disconnect the line say him no register the line well.
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by makazona(m): 9:43am On Jan 22, 2016
Just like the FG (NCC) sanctioned MTN and latter started "meloing".

SMH for our kind of sanctions.
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by barbstee(m): 9:46am On Jan 22, 2016
francizy:

We're talking about banning this veil/hijab due to its frequent use by terrorists then you're here defending a policewoman trying to ensure the safety of individuals. They should have first submitted themselves for thorough search, then if the police refuses or after the search, their requests weren't still tendered to, then we fault the police and telecom companies.

As for me, if I were in the north and someone with that covering comes to join a que with me, even if my turn is next and she stood very close to me, I wouldn't mind going to the back. As a matter of fact if I can't escape such situation, I might as well consider travelling out of north to do my thing. Can't risk my life.

dnt misconstrue me here,i'm nt sayn they shdnt subject themselves to security checks by policewomen, bt wht i'm sayn is u cnt choose to belief d oda news dan wht d minister said here because nothn tells u dt ws wht actually happend
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by maestroz: 9:46am On Jan 22, 2016
Junior66:
It was his wife afterall. After the disgracing manner in which his wife conducted herself, rather than apologise to Nigerians and the Nigerian Police he still has the temerity to issue threats. Well, only in Africa.

i no blame the federal government representative. i will lay the blame on the senate that passed Adebayo Shittu as a minister despite his shoddy response to boko haram threat put to him. the implication of this is if the woman in question were to be a terrorist, auhtorities had no right to 'unveil the veil'. we don't take security threats serious in this country. what is it about the minsiters appointed sef. from sports minister (one outfit) to communication minister. this people should try and act maturedly as they were appointed not elected
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by barbstee(m): 9:50am On Jan 22, 2016
Dubemkelly:
Rubbish until it affects a figure then it becomes a thing oof consideration, because a minister's wife was involved, sanction becomes evident
there ws no evidence to actually proof dt d woman is d minister's wife ppl were only sayn it there and she ddnt directly admit it whn she ws asked though i'm nt sayn she cnt be bt for nw there is no proof
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 22, 2016
uselessgoat:
true , not all Muslims are terrorist but all terrorist are Muslims ...
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by barbstee(m): 9:55am On Jan 22, 2016
Thatitan234:
I support this. No Nigerian should be disrespected because of her religious disposition.

Even though majority of us are bigots and can't even tolerate seeing women in veil, the government should be all-tolerant and balanced.

After going thru the standard security scrutiny, this women are simply asking for a private place to take off their veil. This isn't too much to ask biko.
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by keypad1: 9:56am On Jan 22, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
then NCC too should shift the dead line a little bit
am an mtn worker I can imagine what I will be facing again today at work with the crowd

bros good morning. Hw is work?

Pls help me with a spot in ur mtn office. I will like to work there.

God bless u
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by DikSin(m): 9:59am On Jan 22, 2016
uselessgoat:

Jihad ya fada... Annoying negative slowpoke
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 22, 2016
uselessgoat:
to he'll wit ur jihad.......even tho I support freedom of religion
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by olafum1(m): 10:03am On Jan 22, 2016
uselessgoat:

Mr. Useless goat with useless post. How peaceful would islam had been more than you just threatened jihad? I pray you wake up before it's too late.
Re: SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment by barbstee(m): 10:03am On Jan 22, 2016
demarc001:
From one issue to another!

Nice move but I bet if it was a Christian related issue the government won't be fast to react like this.
In this country we have much ways classifying citizens.

well u cnt jst say because a govt is meant to be balanced ur assertion is on a lighter mode called "fallacy of easy conclusion"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Leaked Images Of The New Blackberry 10 L Series Phone Surfaces / How To Stop Whatsapp App From Asking For Update / Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.