Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,892 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:06 AM

Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics (35011 Views)

Maritime University Granted Approval By NUC To Commence Degree Programmes / Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment / New Photos Of Nigerian Maritime University, Okerenkoko, Gbaramatu Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by dennisworld1(m): 8:47am On Jan 22, 2016
Amechi should rethink after saying there is no project on site.

cc: lalasticlacla

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by xreal2(m): 8:50am On Jan 22, 2016
hmm......APC and propaganda lipsrsealed
oga minister, if you want the refund come and collect it.

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 22, 2016
tgh

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by dennisworld1(m): 8:52am On Jan 22, 2016
Amechi should rethink

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by dennisworld1(m): 8:54am On Jan 22, 2016
Amechi should be watch closely

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by dennisworld1(m): 8:55am On Jan 22, 2016
cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by dennisworld1(m): 8:57am On Jan 22, 2016
Minister of Transportation and Aviation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi lied concerning the Nigerian Maritime University

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by yhemsy62(m): 8:58am On Jan 22, 2016
undecided
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by realborn(m): 9:14am On Jan 22, 2016
I am short of words.

These can never be ascribed as 21st century University buildings.

The designs are awkwardly bad and the construction looks very appalling. The buildings look ornamented with mediocrity.

I am so so so sad. Do we need to be recolonized again before we can get it right?

OAU, UNN, UNILAG, ABU, UNILORIN etc were built decades ago but remain landmarks of Architectural reference.

Just like NDU, Amasoma, the structures in the purported NMU look below par. I strongly hope Billions of Naira have not been supposedly spent on these shanty looking buildings.

NB:
To the topic, Amaechi lied, though the quality of the buildings is poor, the development has gone beyond feasibility studies.

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 22, 2016
realborn:
I am short of words.

The designs are awkwardly bad and the construction looks very appalling. The buildings look ornamented with mediocrity.

I am so so so sad. Do we need to be recolonized again before we can get it right?

OAU, UNN, UNILAG, ABU, UNILORIN etc were built decades ago but remain landmarks of Architectural reference.

Just like NDU, Amasoma, the structures in the purported NMU looks below par. I strongly hope Billions of Naira have not been supposedly spent on these shanty looking buildings.

NB:
To the topic, Amaechi lied, though the quality of the buildings is poor, the development has gone beyond feasibility studies.

Do you know what it takes to build in such a terrain? Only transportation of building materials cost much more than 10 of 1 of such structures in the uplands.

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Pavarottii(m): 9:46am On Jan 22, 2016
Well those that voted change, here is your change!

Worst govt in the history of Nigeria.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by dennisworld1(m): 9:51am On Jan 22, 2016
lalasticlacla pls fp so people will see

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by PrinceAlex001(m): 9:52am On Jan 22, 2016
This should be moved to FP

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Alonga: 9:59am On Jan 22, 2016
They never see anything good goodluck jonathan done all they see curruption,only God will judge all of you.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by realborn(m): 10:04am On Jan 22, 2016
GodsMercy1:

Do you know what it takes to build in such a terrain? Only transportation of building materials cost much more than 10 of 1 of such structures in the uplands.

The same quantity of materials that have been used can be expended on a better fit for purpose designed and well constructed set of buildings.

Do you really think these designs and construction methods are befitting? I think the Maritime University deserves more.

The pain is that the amount appropriated could have built better structures like the first generation Universities.

To your question, yes I know what it takes. This is what I do!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by dennisworld1(m): 10:06am On Jan 22, 2016
How do u want a Maritime school to look like.
realborn:
I am short of words.

Just like NDU, Amasoma, the structures in the purported NMU looks below par. I strongly hope Billions of Naira have not been supposedly spent on these shanty looking buildings.

NB:

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by babyfaceafrica: 10:14am On Jan 22, 2016
The design is wack

14 Likes

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by realjoker(m): 10:15am On Jan 22, 2016
amaechi fumble big time.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Qualer: 10:21am On Jan 22, 2016
dennisworld1:
Amechi should rethink after saying there is no project on site.

cc: lalasticlacla

The same way a whole minister like him didn't know that there was a functioning rail system in the country.. grin grin grin

this is not even a case of square peg in a round hole... it is waay worse!!

The APC government and Nigeria grin grin grin grin

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by dennisworld1(m): 10:28am On Jan 22, 2016
CANCELATION OF FEDERAL MARITIME UNIVERSITY, OKERENKOKO IN THE OIL&GAS RICH GBARAMATU KINGDOM, DELTA STATE;
MAJORITY OF THE FG FACILITIES IN THE NIGER DELTA OIL&GAS PRODUCING COMMUNITIES ARE MOSTLY THEIR JOINT VENTURES FACILITIES TO EXPLOIT OIL AND GAS TO FEED THE NATION AND HER GROWTH AGENDA;
FORMER PRESIDENT GEJ TENURE APPROVED UNIVERSITIES ACROSS STATES IN NIGERIA AND GBARAMATU KINGDOM ALONG SEVERAL OTHER STATES GOT APPROVALS FOR FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES ACROSS NIGERIA TO ENHANCE EASY ACCESS TO FEDERAL UNITY SCHOOLS.
OF ALL THESE CLEAR PATRIOTIC UNIVERSITIES APPROVED AND BUILT, MINISTER AMAECHI PREFERRED TO PICK ON THE ONLY FEDERAL UNIVERSITY BUILT ON THE IJAW OIL PRODUCING COMMUNITY OF GBARAMATU KINGDOM TO CANCEL WITHOUT CONSULTATION WITH THE ELDERS AND LEADERS LIKE A DICTATOR, BUT LIED THAT NO PARENT CAN SEND THEIR CHILDREN TO THE MARITIME INSTITUTION IN GBARAMATU KINGDOM IN DELTA STATE. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AND A CLEAR BLACKMAIL AGAINST THE GOOD PEOPLE OF NIGER DELTA AND GBARAMATU KINGDOM IN PARTICULAR.
HERE ARE PICTURE EVIDENCES OF ON-GOING PROJECTS AT THE PERMANENT CAMPUS OF THE MARITIME UNIVERSITY FOR NIGERIANS TO ASK AMAECHI WHAT HIS AGENDA AGAINST THE IJAWS IS ALL ABOUT.
I JOIN OTHER NIGER DELTANS TO CONDEMN ATTEMPTS BY AMAECHI TO CANCEL THIS ONLY KNOWN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT UNIVERSITY PROJECT IN IJAW LAND THAT WILL GO A LONG WAY TO PROVIDE EDUCATION AND SKILLS FOR NIGER DELTANS AND NIGERIANS IN GENERAL AND FUTURE UNBORN.
POLITIKING ERA IS OVER. THIS IS THE TIME FOR NATIONAL GROWTH AND NO IJAW COMMUNITY DESERVES TO BE STARVED OF FEDERAL PROJECTS FROM WHICH THE RESOURCES ARE MADE FROM THE OIL AND GAS IN HER BACKYARD.
NIGER DELTA LEADERS, IJAW ELDERS, LEADERS AND STAKEHOLDERS SHOULD RISE IN CLEAR CONDEMNATION AGAINST THIS EFFORTS TO DENY US OF OUR SHARE OF PROJECTS APPROVED ACROSS NIGERIA BY ANOTHER SON OF THE NIGER DELTA THAT OUGHT TO ATTRACT MORE FOR OUR LONG NEGLECTED REGION. WE CANNOT CRY AGAINST DEVELOPMENTAL PROJECTS AND STILL BE CAUGHT AS THE ENEMY OF THE ONE APPROVED.
MINISTER AMAECHI MUST NOT PAINT THE IJAWS AS ENEMIES OF NIGERIA, BUT BE MADE TO RESCIND ON THIS CANCELLATION AND FUND THE UNIVERSITY APPROPRIATELY LIKE EVERY OTHER INSTITUTIONS ACROSS NIGERIA.
WE DESERVE NOTHING LESS BUT MORE FUNDING TO CONTINUE PROGRESS ON SITE.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by realborn(m): 10:31am On Jan 22, 2016
dennisworld1:
How do u want a Maritime school to look like.

It is not about how a maritime school should look. It is about having buildings befitting a University environment in tandem with the amount disbursed for such purpose. If we cannot replicate the feat of yesteryears seen in old generation Federal Institutions, we should at least have a scaled version of such schools.

The design and quality of construction look very shabby and poor. I am sad, because more could have been achieved with the much they must have claimed to have spent.

It is high time we clamored for an end to mediocrity in Nigeria. I am a member of the Construction Industry and it feels really sad.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by RareDiamond: 10:33am On Jan 22, 2016
hmmmm
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:37am On Jan 22, 2016
realborn:
I am short of words.

NB:
You know, I was just thinking the same thing. Very ugly buildings. Poor architecture. An eyesore, to put it mildly.

5 Likes

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Pavarottii(m): 11:05am On Jan 22, 2016
This should be in front page...

Mynd44!

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Pavarottii(m): 11:10am On Jan 22, 2016
This is a FP Material. 4 people to be aware.

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by AK481(m): 11:31am On Jan 22, 2016
buuharri means change... grin grin grin in igbo

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by otokx(m): 11:46am On Jan 22, 2016
Seeing the pictures almost made me vomit.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by patrick89(m): 12:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
You guys are talking rubbish! The project has been cancelled just like niger bridge, and you can do nothing. Meanwhile various Dams being constructed in the north are still ongoing....

11 Likes

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by ZKOSOSO(m): 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
So Sad!
.....to some extent i really blame GEJ for handing over power cheaply to the dullard......really sad!
Owners of oil resources cannot enjoy their God given resource except its benefit the North.

They almost sited petroleum university in kaduna-Zaria if not GEJ that helped out!

Meanwhile no one stop them from establishing ARID DESERT University in Daura!!!!!!!!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by dennisworld1(m): 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
if this project is cancel nigeria would be the one to loose

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Demdem(m): 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
realborn:
I am short of words.

[s]NB:
To the topic, Amaechi lied, though the quality of the buildings is poor, the development has gone beyond feasibility studies[/s].

U dey mind these fools. Nothings links these buildings to the plaque shown.

3 Likes

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by AbleGodAlways: 12:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
Amechi with him kpomo lips, so we will not get refund on that flying monorail. Government of lie lie, Buhari plus his noise makers lie lie lie lieèeèeeeeeeee

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Did You Label Your Pen In School Back In Those Days, Do You Still Remember This? / Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service / Federal Polytechnic, Nekede Owerri FORUM.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.