Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa (15341 Views)

Ibo, Hausa And Yoruba Are Not Indegenous Africans / Igbos In Diaspora Build Mud Houses With Whites To Exhibit Culture / Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
This is a counter thread to the biased and self praising thread opened by an Igbo guy earlier (www.nairaland.com/2880906/why-igbos-greatest-people-nigeria). As we can see below, the yoruba's achievement in Nigeria and Africa dwarfs the igbos own times 10 smiley . Here are a few list of Yoruba's contribution to Nigeria and Africa at large;

Yoruba: Them Most Successful Ethnic Group In Nigeria by princdebola201(m): 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2015
Abimbola Awoliyi is Nigeria’s first female doctor -

Kolapo Hamzat is the youngest professor of physiotherapy in Nigeria and Africa -

Adegoke olubunmo is the first professor of Mathematics in Africa -

Momodu Mosobalaje Olaloye is the first African professor of Geology -
Dele Olojede is the first and only African to win a Pulitzer prize -

Abimbola jayeola is Nigeria’s First Female Helicopter Pilot -

William Akinola Dawodu was the first Nigerian car importer, he started importing cars into Nigeria in 1905 -

Prof. Jade Akande was the first female professor of lKofo Ademola is the first black woman to receive an undergraduate degree from Oxford University -

Dr. Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara is the youngest African PHD Holder in Mathematics -

Deborah Enilo Ajakaiye is the first female physics professor in Africa and also the first black African to be named a fellow of the Geological society of London -

Wole Soyinka is the first black and only African to win a Nobel prize for literature -

Thomas Adesanya ige grillo is the first Nigerian professor of anatomy -

Taslim Eliasis the first African to be president of the International Court of Justice (World Court) -

Folake Folarin-Coker the first African-based fashion designer to stage a show twice at the New York Fashion Week -

Latunde Odeku is the first US-trained black neurosurgeon and the 1st professor of neuro- surgery in Nigeria. -

Bode Thomas created the First indigenous Nigerian law firm -

I.K dairo is the first Nigerian to be conferred title of Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE) -

Amzat Beyioku Adebowale is The first Nigerian to bring Sharp range of electronic products in Nigeria -

Prof. Taiyewo Kolawole is the first Nigerian neuro- radiologist -

Prof. Arinola Olasumbo Sanya is the first female Professor of Physiotherapy in Africa. -

Dr Olu Jaiyebo is The first Agronomist in Nigeria.

Professor Micheal Adepoju Adeyemo is The first Nigerian Chartered Accountant

Latola Films was the 1st film production company in Nigeria -

Prof. IlesanmiAdesida, is the first black Vice- Chancellor in an american unversity -

Mrs. Sade Thomas-Fahm is the First woman to own a boutique in Nigeria -

Nojim Maiyegun is the first Nigerian to win an Olympic medal -

Adenike Osofisan is the first African Female Professor of Computer Science. -

Prof T.O Ogunlesi is the first professor of Medicine in Nigeria -

Chief Akintola Williams is the First African to qualify as a chartered accountant -

Ezekiel Adekunle Ifaturoti is the first mining engineer in Nigeria

-Rotimi Adebari is the First black mayor of Ireland -

Folake Solanke is the First Female Senior Advocate of Nigeria -

Elizabeth Abimbola is the First Nigerian Female Doctor-1937 -Helen

Folasade Adu is the First Nigerian-born artist to win a Grammy-1986 -

Prof. Bolanle Awe: Nigeria's first female Professor of History -

Professor Thomas Adeoye Lambo is Africa’s first professor of psychiatry. - Engineer Dr.

(Mrs.) Olatokubo A Somolu: is Nigeria’s first Female to hold a PHD in Engineering -

Mrs Adetowun Ogunsheye is The first female professor in Nigeria -

Mrs bisoye esther tejuosho is Nigeria’s first female industrialist -

Michael Onafowokan is Nigeria’s first Architect 1952 -

Aderonke Kale is the first Female Nigerian Armed Forces (2 Star) Major General: -

Chief (Dr.) Bola Kuforiji Olubi is The first Female Chartered Accountant in Nigeria -

George Olatokunbo Okikiolu, has written more mathematics papers than any other Black mathematician in history -

Katherline okikiolu is the first black person to win the most prestigious award for young mathematics researchers in the United States and the first black woman to publish an article in the Annals of Mathematics -

Samuel Layinka Ayodeji invented the excision knife to treat tropical ulcers. he won the Robert Wilson Memorial Prize in Chemistry and the Welcome Prize in Medicine.

Rashidi yekinni the first player to score for nigeria in Fifa world cup

Rashidi yekinni is the Alltime highest goal scorer for nigeria

Teslim Balogun is nigeria's first proffesional footballer In nigeria

omiloju Tunde Oladipo is the youngest nigeria microsoft certified pro at

Obateru Akiruntan olugbo of ugbo Land is the Richest monarch in Nigeria

Folorunsho Alakija is the richest woman in nigeria

Samuel ajayi crowther is the first anglican bishop in nigeria

Sapara williams is the First indigeneous nigerian Lawyer

Federick rotimi williams is the first solicitor to supreme court in nigeria

Herbet Macaulay is the first Nigerian to own a car

Yoruba bible is the First indigeneous bible in nigeria

Chief Obafemi Awolowo was the first man to introduce Universal Primary Education in Nigeria in the then Western Region in the year 1956.

The Nigerian Flag was designed by a Nigerian student in London as at then in the year 1960 by Mr. Taiwo Akinkunmi

The first female to drive a motor car was Mrs. Olufunmilayo Ransome Kuti

Mrs. Latifat Okunnu was the first female deputy Governor in Nigeria

Mrs Efunroye Tinubu was the first female to buy a car in Nigeria.

Kafayat shau from Nigeria broke the world record in longest dance with a time of 52 hours and 3 minutes. It happened in 2006.

Olusoji fasuba is the fastest nigerian on 100m track event with 9.85 seconds(2006)

Ajayi agbebaku holds All time best record in nigeria's tripple jump event (1983)

Adewale olukoju is all time best discus throw for nigeria (1991)

Honourable adeyemi ikuforiji is the longest serving speaker in Nigeria

Bishop oyedepo is the richest pastor in the world

Herbet ogunde and ola balogun re the first flim makers in nigeria

Iwe irohin the first newspaper in nigeria established in (1859)

Yoruba is The largest ethnic group in africa Yoruba is the 3rd famous tribe in africa after zulu(south africa) Massai. (Kenya)

SAHARA ENERGY

THE PALMS SHOPPING MALL(PERSINANAS GROUP)

GTB

ELIZADE GROUP

CAVERTON OFFSHORE GROUP

CHICKEN REPUBLIC

NICON GROUP /Air Nigeria Nicon Insurance Nigeria Re-Insurance Corporation Nicon Luxury Hotel The Nicon Group - Lagos, Nigeria - Holdings include investment companies, schools, real estate holdings, transport companies and others Global Fleet Oil and Gas, Nicon Hotels, Global Fleet Industries Energy Bank DOYIN GROUP OF COMPANIES /Global Soap & Detergent Industries Limited, Consolidated Foods and Beverages Limited Doyin Pharmaceutical (Nigeria) Limited,Doyin Farms

BELLVIEW AIRLINES

PETRO INNET

MURITALA MUHAMMAD AIRPORT TERMINAL2 .

BI-COURTNEY

FAIRGATE GROUP

MAIN ONE

TASTY-FRIED CHICKEN-

ELEGANZA-

SKYE BANK

FCMB

TANTALIZERS-

SWEET SENSATION

ATLANTIC ENERGY

COSTAIN WEST AFRICA

-Oyo state is the largest producer of /Tobacco in Nigeria - SAHARA OIL
Ondo state is the largest producer of oil after the south-south -Of the 28.6 million metric tonnes of cement produced locally in Nigeria, 14 million metric tonnes of this comes from Ogun State

-Ogun state has the largest concentration of industries in Nigeria. Ota,sagamu and agbara -Sagamu is the

largest kola nut collecting center in the nigeria

-Osun-osogbo international festival

-Yoruba pastors control 95% of religious tourism

Musicians

D'banj

Tiwa salvage

Davido

Wizkid

Olamide

Korede bello

Reekado banks

Sheyi shey

Eedris Abdulkareem

Salawa Abeni - Waka singer

Sunny Ade - jùjú singer

Sade Adu

Tope Alabi

Yemi Alade - R&B and pop singe

Aṣa - R&B, country and pop singer- songwriter

Alhaji Alamu Atatalo

Yinka Ayefele - gospel singer

Adewale Ayuba

Ayinde Bakare

Banky W - pop and R&B singer-songwriter

Adé Bantu

TY Bello - gospel sing singer and rapper

Femi Kuti - afrobeat, jazz singer- songwriter and instrumentalist

Seun Kuti - afrobeat, Jazz singer-

songwriter and instrumentalist

Lagbaja

Niyola

Alhaji Abass Akande Obesere

Ebenezer Obey

Skales - rapper and singer

Sound Sultan

Fela Sowande

Sean tizzle

with the achievements listed above, i would like to convince you and not confuse you that Yorubas are the greatest people in Nigeria and Africa cool

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by Zenzu01(m): 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2016
All ethnic groups or tribes are unique in their own ways in terms of cultural diversity, their dishes, believe, festivals, language, attires and even their ways of dressing and greeting..
Am proudly yoruba and a Nigerian..

#Gbam

13 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2016
shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by nerilove(m): 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2016
Your moniker says it all. You such a waste of spermatozoa. All these things mentioned, what has it brought to your people and Nigeria in general? These names and businesses doesn't change the price of fish in the market. Mtcheew

9 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by Destined2win: 12:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
The title would have just been, "why yorubas are the greatest in Nigeria and Africa.

There's no point mentioning Igbo.

When I become President, people like you will be relegated, because I wouldn't want any agent of division in my territory

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by Zenzu01(m): 12:43pm On Jan 22, 2016
nerilove:
All these things mentioned, what has it brought to your people and Nigeria in general? These names and businesses doesn't change the price of fish in the market. Mtcheew
History is very important in our lives today cause when we remember them, it challenges us to work harder to make this nation proud.. Pls u don't need to abuse the op or anybody, but just represent ur own tribe too. I believe we are all special and unique in our own ways.
Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 22, 2016
ur name is useless goat so why wont ur topic be useless!

2 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by nerilove(m): 12:43pm On Jan 22, 2016
Op, its very obvious you are afriad of the Igbos. Why must you compare them with yours. This write-up shows that you are intimidated in your own land.

6 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by Zenzu01(m): 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2016
Destined2win:
The title would have just been, "why yorubas are the greatest in Nigeria and Africa.

I totally agree with u

2 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2016
ur own nko?
Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by myqel(m): 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2016
am a bonafide Yoruba guy but truth be told, I love igbos

On this day many years ago, a child was brought to this world....his name is Osopale Michael smiley

Happy birthday to me,myself and I, God bless my new age

Nairalanders should pls show some love smiley

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by nerilove(m): 12:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
Zenzu01:

History is very important in our lives today cause when we remember them, it challenges us to work harder to make this nation proud.. Pls u don't need to abuse the op or anybody, but just represent ur own tribe too. I believe we are all special and unique in our own ways.
Thanks
I'm not abusing anyone or any tribe. I'm just saying the facts. He shouldn't be tribalistic. He shouldn't say his tribe is better than the other. It shows that he's intimiidated. Every tribe in Naija has well established and important people in the society.

2 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
nerilove:
Your moniker says it all. You such a waste of spermatozoa. All these things mentioned, what has it brought to your people and Nigeria in general? These names and businesses doesn't change the price of fish in the market. Mtcheew

this is not the bone of contention my friend. better keep mute

2 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by nerilove(m): 12:51pm On Jan 22, 2016
uselessgoat:

this is not the bone of contention my friend. better keep mute
next time, when seeking attention, choose your words nicely.

3 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by HiddenShadow: 12:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
If Igbos are not great, Nigerians would have happily allowed the Igbos go.
The only reason Igbos are not allowed to peacefully go is because their absence will bring poverty to some people and regions in Nigeria.

16 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by Zenzu01(m): 12:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
nerilove:
I'm not abusing anyone or any tribe. I'm just saying the facts. He shouldn't be tribalistic. He shouldn't say his tribe is better than the other. It shows that he's intimiidated. Every tribe in Naija has well established and important people in the society.
that's true, am also a yoruba man but I don't like tribalism for any reason. When ever anyone hit at my tribe with the aim of spoiling it or criticising it, I just look at the person and shake my head..
We look for ways to promote unity because we need it most now..

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
nerilove:
next time, when seeking attention, choose your words nicely.

this is not attention seeking but a counter thread to the previous thread. if u are pained, drink a bottle of palm oil to calm ur nerves cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
HiddenShadow:
If Igbos are not great, Nigerians would have happily allowed the Igbos go.
The only reason Igbos are not allowed to peacefully go is because their absence will bring poverty to some people and regions in Nigeria.

biafra is a pipe dream that will never happen. talk about your achievements here or close up tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by Zenzu01(m): 12:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
Nigeria can only be better only if tribalism is dealt with completely of which am not seeing it happening soon.
The so called "leaders of tomorrow" have already showed us that they are not fit to rule this nation in equity and fairness but chose to use every opportunity to get back at any tribe they hate but they will still be blaming the government for the mass corruption in the country with paying attention to their own contribution through their uncivilised comment and lack of understanding.

SMH for this generation
Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by cheruv: 12:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
This is quite disturbing
How does it concern a Yoruba man that an Igbo man beats his chest Even the Bini lying to the West of Igboland don't give a hoot about what the Igbo does so I wonder how it concerns the Yoruba what the Igbo who are not even their neighbors do undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by ayomide74: 1:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
Only if there's another life I'll like to be a YORUBA pikin

#Omo Odua Sa'lafia ni

4 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by HiddenShadow: 1:02pm On Jan 22, 2016
cheruv:
This is quite disturbing
How does it concern a Yoruba man that an Igbo man beats his chest Even the Bini lying to the West of Igboland don't give a hoot about what the Igbo does so I wonder how it concerns the Yoruba what the Igbo who are not even their neighbors do undecided

Without the Igbos , poverty will be written boldly on their faces. That's why they see Igbos as a threat

11 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
ayomide74:
Only if there's another life I'll like to be a AYORUBA pikin

#Omo Odua Sa'lafia ni

cool

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
HiddenShadow:

Without the Igbos , poverty will be written boldly on their faces. That's why they see Igbos as a threat

And what do we benefit from you? SS host our national oil not SE cool

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by nerilove(m): 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
uselessgoat:

this is not attention seeking but a counter thread to the previous thread. if u are pained, drink a bottle of palm oil to calm ur nerves cool
pained? So very far from it. Its obvious about the main contributor of this economy between the two tribes mentioned. Guy, this a social media, learn how to address issues properly

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by ayomide74: 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
uselessgoat:

cool

Bros how far?

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
cc: modath, babangbali, midolian, tosyne2much, lastpage
Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by nwadiuko1(m): 1:07pm On Jan 22, 2016
Destined2win:

When I become President, people like you will be relegated, because I wouldn't want any agent of division in my territory
oh well I l be your oil minister then

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
nerilove:
pained? So very far from it. Its obvious about the main contributor of this economy between the two tribes mentioned. Guy, this a social media, learn how to address issues properly

i think d problem lies with u becos i stated earlier that this is a counter thread to the previous one but u turned it to tribalism with your warped judgement. God forgive u

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by tsdarkside(m): 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
uselessgoat:
This is a counter thread to the biased and self praising thread opened by an Igbo guy earlier (www.nairaland.com/2880906/why-igbos-greatest-people-nigeria). As we can see below, the yoruba's achievement in Nigeria and Africa dwarfs the igbos own times 10 smiley . Here are a few list of Yoruba's contribution to Nigeria and Africa at large;

Yoruba: Them Most Successful Ethnic Group In Nigeria by princdebola201(m): 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2015
Abimbola Awoliyi is Nigeria’s first female doctor -

Kolapo Hamzat is the youngest professor of physiotherapy in Nigeria and Africa -

Adegoke olubunmo is the first professor of Mathematics in Africa -

Momodu Mosobalaje Olaloye is the first African professor of Geology -
Dele Olojede is the first and only African to win a Pulitzer prize -

Abimbola jayeola is Nigeria’s First Female Helicopter Pilot -

William Akinola Dawodu was the first Nigerian car importer, he started importing cars into Nigeria in 1905 -

Prof. Jade Akande was the first female professor of lKofo Ademola is the first black woman to receive an undergraduate degree from Oxford University -

Dr. Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara is the youngest African PHD Holder in Mathematics -

Deborah Enilo Ajakaiye is the first female physics professor in Africa and also the first black African to be named a fellow of the Geological society of London -

Wole Soyinka is the first black and only African to win a Nobel prize for literature -

Thomas Adesanya ige grillo is the first Nigerian professor of anatomy -

Taslim Eliasis the first African to be president of the International Court of Justice (World Court) -

Folake Folarin-Coker the first African-based fashion designer to stage a show twice at the New York Fashion Week -

Latunde Odeku is the first US-trained black neurosurgeon and the 1st professor of neuro- surgery in Nigeria. -

Bode Thomas created the First indigenous Nigerian law firm -

I.K dairo is the first Nigerian to be conferred title of Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE) -

Amzat Beyioku Adebowale is The first Nigerian to bring Sharp range of electronic products in Nigeria -

Prof. Taiyewo Kolawole is the first Nigerian neuro- radiologist -

Prof. Arinola Olasumbo Sanya is the first female Professor of Physiotherapy in Africa. -

Dr Olu Jaiyebo is The first Agronomist in Nigeria.

Professor Micheal Adepoju Adeyemo is The first Nigerian Chartered Accountant

Latola Films was the 1st film production company in Nigeria -

Prof. IlesanmiAdesida, is the first black Vice- Chancellor in an american unversity -

Mrs. Sade Thomas-Fahm is the First woman to own a boutique in Nigeria -

Nojim Maiyegun is the first Nigerian to win an Olympic medal -

Adenike Osofisan is the first African Female Professor of Computer Science. -

Prof T.O Ogunlesi is the first professor of Medicine in Nigeria -

Chief Akintola Williams is the First African to qualify as a chartered accountant -

Ezekiel Adekunle Ifaturoti is the first mining engineer in Nigeria

-Rotimi Adebari is the First black mayor of Ireland -

Folake Solanke is the First Female Senior Advocate of Nigeria -

Elizabeth Abimbola is the First Nigerian Female Doctor-1937 -Helen

Folasade Adu is the First Nigerian-born artist to win a Grammy-1986 -

Prof. Bolanle Awe: Nigeria's first female Professor of History -

Professor Thomas Adeoye Lambo is Africa’s first professor of psychiatry. - Engineer Dr.

(Mrs.) Olatokubo A Somolu: is Nigeria’s first Female to hold a PHD in Engineering -

Mrs Adetowun Ogunsheye is The first female professor in Nigeria -

Mrs bisoye esther tejuosho is Nigeria’s first female industrialist -

Michael Onafowokan is Nigeria’s first Architect 1952 -

Aderonke Kale is the first Female Nigerian Armed Forces (2 Star) Major General: -

Chief (Dr.) Bola Kuforiji Olubi is The first Female Chartered Accountant in Nigeria -

George Olatokunbo Okikiolu, has written more mathematics papers than any other Black mathematician in history -

Katherline okikiolu is the first black person to win the most prestigious award for young mathematics researchers in the United States and the first black woman to publish an article in the Annals of Mathematics -

Samuel Layinka Ayodeji invented the excision knife to treat tropical ulcers. he won the Robert Wilson Memorial Prize in Chemistry and the Welcome Prize in Medicine.

Rashidi yekinni the first player to score for nigeria in Fifa world cup

Rashidi yekinni is the Alltime highest goal scorer for nigeria

Teslim Balogun is nigeria's first proffesional footballer In nigeria

omiloju Tunde Oladipo is the youngest nigeria microsoft certified pro at

Obateru Akiruntan olugbo of ugbo Land is the Richest monarch in Nigeria

Folorunsho Alakija is the richest woman in nigeria

Samuel ajayi crowther is the first anglican bishop in nigeria

Sapara williams is the First indigeneous nigerian Lawyer

Federick rotimi williams is the first solicitor to supreme court in nigeria

Herbet Macaulay is the first Nigerian to own a car

Yoruba bible is the First indigeneous bible in nigeria

Chief Obafemi Awolowo was the first man to introduce Universal Primary Education in Nigeria in the then Western Region in the year 1956.

The Nigerian Flag was designed by a Nigerian student in London as at then in the year 1960 by Mr. Taiwo Akinkunmi

The first female to drive a motor car was Mrs. Olufunmilayo Ransome Kuti

Mrs. Latifat Okunnu was the first female deputy Governor in Nigeria

Mrs Efunroye Tinubu was the first female to buy a car in Nigeria.

Kafayat shau from Nigeria broke the world record in longest dance with a time of 52 hours and 3 minutes. It happened in 2006.

Olusoji fasuba is the fastest nigerian on 100m track event with 9.85 seconds(2006)

Ajayi agbebaku holds All time best record in nigeria's tripple jump event (1983)

Adewale olukoju is all time best discus throw for nigeria (1991)

Honourable adeyemi ikuforiji is the longest serving speaker in Nigeria

Bishop oyedepo is the richest pastor in the world

Herbet ogunde and ola balogun re the first flim makers in nigeria

Iwe irohin the first newspaper in nigeria established in (1859)

Yoruba is The largest ethnic group in africa Yoruba is the 3rd famous tribe in africa after zulu(south africa) Massai. (Kenya)

SAHARA ENERGY

THE PALMS SHOPPING MALL(PERSINANAS GROUP)

GTB

ELIZADE GROUP

CAVERTON OFFSHORE GROUP

CHICKEN REPUBLIC

NICON GROUP /Air Nigeria Nicon Insurance Nigeria Re-Insurance Corporation Nicon Luxury Hotel The Nicon Group - Lagos, Nigeria - Holdings include investment companies, schools, real estate holdings, transport companies and others Global Fleet Oil and Gas, Nicon Hotels, Global Fleet Industries Energy Bank DOYIN GROUP OF COMPANIES /Global Soap & Detergent Industries Limited, Consolidated Foods and Beverages Limited Doyin Pharmaceutical (Nigeria) Limited,Doyin Farms

BELLVIEW AIRLINES

PETRO INNET

MURITALA MUHAMMAD AIRPORT TERMINAL2 .

BI-COURTNEY

FAIRGATE GROUP

MAIN ONE

TASTY-FRIED CHICKEN-

ELEGANZA-

SKYE BANK

FCMB

TANTALIZERS-

SWEET SENSATION

ATLANTIC ENERGY

COSTAIN WEST AFRICA

-Oyo state is the largest producer of /Tobacco in Nigeria - SAHARA OIL
Ondo state is the largest producer of oil after the south-south -Of the 28.6 million metric tonnes of cement produced locally in Nigeria, 14 million metric tonnes of this comes from Ogun State

-Ogun state has the largest concentration of industries in Nigeria. Ota,sagamu and agbara -Sagamu is the

largest kola nut collecting center in the nigeria

-Osun-osogbo international festival

-Yoruba pastors control 95% of religious tourism

Musicians

D'banj

Tiwa salvage

Davido

Wizkid

Olamide

Korede bello

Reekado banks

Sheyi shey

Eedris Abdulkareem

Salawa Abeni - Waka singer

Sunny Ade - jùjú singer

Sade Adu

Tope Alabi

Yemi Alade - R&B and pop singe

Aṣa - R&B, country and pop singer- songwriter

Alhaji Alamu Atatalo

Yinka Ayefele - gospel singer

Adewale Ayuba

Ayinde Bakare

Banky W - pop and R&B singer-songwriter

Adé Bantu

TY Bello - gospel sing singer and rapper

Femi Kuti - afrobeat, jazz singer- songwriter and instrumentalist

Seun Kuti - afrobeat, Jazz singer-

songwriter and instrumentalist

Lagbaja

Niyola

Alhaji Abass Akande Obesere

Ebenezer Obey

Skales - rapper and singer

Sound Sultan

Fela Sowande

Sean tizzle

with the achievements listed above, i would like to convince you and not confuse you that Yorubas are the greatest people in Nigeria and Africa cool

chai..kilode nau??....igbos are still the best and fierces warriors in africa...

be carefull.....what is a intellektual without protection??....

be careful when showing off....
Re: Why Yoruba's are greater than Igbos In Nigeria And Africa by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
ayomide74:

Bros how far?

i dey jare. proudly odua cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Does Pidgin English Originate From / Hausa-fulani Tirbal Marks / What Does The Igbo Notion Of "Your Personal CHI" Represent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.