Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ (50954 Views)

Naira May Rise Further Against Dollar As CBN Pumps Additional $195m / Naira May Appreciate To N300 Per Dollar – BDC Operator / 3 Reasons Why The Naira May Appreciate Against The Dollar This Week! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by Vicboi1(m): 12:38am On Jan 24, 2016
Op God bless u for bringing this post here to naira land I wish every Nigerian could read this we better start killing those corrupt people who have milked this country dry instead of praising them because that is what we voted them for

2 Likes

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by Nobody: 5:26am On Jan 24, 2016
I may not really like all the policies this present government have for us,but I believe that this administration has a good course for Nigeria,can someone tell me how we could import almost 80% of our needs and Nigeria has oil as their major resources,why won't the dollar be increasing,imagine ordinary toothpick is also imported,may God help us in this country.

2 Likes

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by rozayx5(m): 7:08am On Jan 24, 2016
JAkpayen:

And your #1000 will be the price of pure water bag.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by donsteady(m): 4:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
And one silly person refused to move this to front page.

1 Like

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by grandstar(m): 6:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
The naira will touch a 1000 if Buhari is allowed to continue with his preprosterous economic policies.

Ther naira has already lost 30% of its value in 8 months, the fastest decline since democracy started. The naira will touch 400 by year end if his policies are not scrapped.

By next year, 600.

Both Soludo and Sanusi have condemned these statist policies

1 Like

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 28, 2016
donsteady:
And one silly person refused to move this to front page.
happy birthday bro, more blessings.
Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by donsteady(m): 2:44pm On Jan 28, 2016
Bossforeva:
happy birthday bro, more blessings.
Thanks bro. I appreciate
Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by RichYoungNigger(m): 6:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
The exchange rate is now $1 to 307 naira.

I wish it will get to $1 to 2000 naira before December

1 Share

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by holuwerpelume: 6:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
#Bubu...i bliv u can read dis hun...dis has bn d change we v bn waiting for...
Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by banmee(m): 6:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
hopeforcharles:
After reading this, I was weak to the bone, Nigeria was once a great country, How did we descended so so low? Oh God, can Nigeria really be fixed? Hmmm, if we continue like this we are heading for the rocks oh, wonder what those corrupt Government officials do with those huge sums of money, A man told me the average life span for a man to enjoy himself is 70 which after my observations it has elements of truths, then after that what will you do with that huge sums of money stacked up?.

Nigeria was never a great country. First coup was in 1966 with multiple Military leaders and with a history of corruption that was/and is off the charts till date. How and when did it have time to be great?

9 Likes

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by emmykk(m): 6:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
Give us true federalism and Nigeria will be Great again.
Allow every federating unit Hausa,Yoruba and Igbo to manage their own resources.

The current folding of hands by all the states waiting for the Niger Delta oil will not help.

imagine what does the 19 states of the north produce,what does the 6 six states of the west produce execpt for Lagos state and what do the 5 igbo states produce.

All the states waiting for oil money,until we go back to the days of cocoa,palm oil and groundnut pyramid let know 1 complain of falling naira

4 Likes

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by mashnino(m): 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2016
The earlier nigerians understand the better for us..
Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by Nicepoker(m): 6:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by mashnino(m): 6:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
emmykk:
Give us true federalism and Nigeria will be Great again

Typical example of a nigerian...

4 Likes

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by RedCapChief(m): 6:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
smiley
Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by wristbangle: 6:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
Great article from whoever wrote it.

2 Likes

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by chanx: 6:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
So true. Quite sad we have to get to this point.
Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by emmykk(m): 6:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
mashnino:

Typical example of a nigerian...

truth is bitter

1 Like

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
emmykk:
Give us true federalism and Nigeria will be Great again.
Allow every federating unit Hausa,Yoruba and Igbo to manage their own resources.

The current folding of hands by all the states waiting for the Niger Delta oil will not help.

imagine what does the 19 states of the north produce,what does the 6 six states of the west produce execpt for Lagos state and what do the 5 igbo states produce.

All the states waiting for oil money,until we go back to the days of cocoa,palm oil and groundnut pyramid will we are joking
some states will just go bankrupt. Most of them have got NOTHING to offer.

1 Like

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by PAnaceA7(m): 6:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
Finally a thoughtful post to open up some gullible minds

Godwin emefiele cannot control d falling naira...Our policies just have to be structured towards diversification and mass production only then can we start exporting

1 Like

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by duni04(m): 6:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
I hate the unnecessary whinning in this article. See as a consumer, I won't patronise made in Nigeria textiles because they are of low quality and they are very scarce. As a producer I won't manufacture textiles in Nigeria because there's no power and the machinery to produce the textiles has to be imported at the current exchange rate and without access to credit facilities from banks. If we want a buoyant textile industry, we should give the manufacturers power and access to cheap credit. We should give the consumers reasons to purchase locally made textiles by improving on the quality of our local production, increasing the duty on Imported textiles and empowering the Customs to do their job and arrest smugglers.
Chikena!
And Mr OP, the exchange rate is not a means of measuring the buoyancy of a country or its economy. You should check how much a dollar exchanges for the Japanese yen. A weaker Naira is even an incentive to exporters as long as we reign in inflation. You can't be advocating for increased export oriented local production and a stronger Naira. Doesn't make sense.
All these emotion laden write ups will do us no good. Enough of the noise making already!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by emmykk(m): 6:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
Vikings007:
some states will just go bankrupt. Most of them have got NOTHING to offer.

yes,but let them bring something to the table first...until we solve that problem let nobody complain of falling naira
Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by buJu234: 6:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
Whatever you sow so shall u reap.

So it's madness to sow an economy of importation and a mono-economy then expect a great economy...

When the realities starts coming then we look for whom to blame... Yesterday it was GEJ; Today is Buhari/Emiefule; tomorrow....

Change ur economic ways oh thou few countrymen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by PBundles(m): 6:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
This article is more a patriotic call to arms then it is about economics. Yes some points are valid, ..................but these are not the main reasons why we are seeing the Naira fall. All these things she mentioned, were they not taking place, last year, the year before etc etc. I concur, your knowledge on economics is lacking, but there are valid PATRIOTIC points, not ECONOMIC.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by justmenoni: 6:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
It might also be a problem for them when they start paying 1000 naira for one cup of rice 100 naira for one sachet of pure water,200 naira for galq,500 for lacasera...they might be visiting the docs soon after having malaria as a result of there unexpected exercise (walking from Surulere to alakuko cos they can't afford the public/private transportation.

quote author=Littlebrowser post=42226646]Lol..goodnews to bloggers and folks that earn in dollars smiling to the bank things.[/quote]
Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by cana882(m): 6:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
grandstar:
The naira will touch a 1000 if Buhari is allowed to continue with his preprosterous economic policies.

Ther naira has already lost 30% of its value in 8 months, the fastest decline since democracy started. The naira will touch 400 by year end if his policies are not scrapped.

By next year, 600.

Both Soludo and Sanusi have condemned these statist policies
please don't read headlines and rush to comment. Read EVERY word in the post and understand it before commenting. Isn't it strange that your the first person to start shouting buhari or APC or PDP in this thread??

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by TheAziz: 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
which way Nigeria?
Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by Nv25(f): 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
I shouted 6days ago when I was filling a form online with exchange rate of #301 to 1 dollar but with dis I read, I just do know what to say again, who will be naija savior dis is ridiculous, bf 1n-1d but now.,..
Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by Edigrows: 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
totally sad cry cry cry
Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by cutecanson(m): 6:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
Chai....my mouth can't fit close after reading dis piece....naija is on a long thing...

1 Like

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by cana882(m): 6:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
banmee:

Nigeria was never a great country. First coup was in 1966 with multiple Military leaders and with a history of corruption that was/and is off the charts till date. How and when did it have time to be great?
I believe it was great before independence. Nigeria is like a boy serving his master and all of a sudden, feels that he has known it all. He leaves, starts his own shop, but at the end his business collapsed. Only few people were matured enough for independence but those few can't run the entire country for years...

2 Likes

Re: See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ by Richy4(m): 6:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
Cool write up.... We all really need to reflect on this....especially in the area of tourism.... we are not doing much in that line of industry at all

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Naira Exchange Rates Today / "My Experience As A Taxify Driver In Abuja" / Unilever Nigeria’s Market Exit To Affect OMO, Sunlight, Lux

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.