Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,190 members, 7,780,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:16 PM

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband (69916 Views)

How Can I Stop My Husband's Phone Addiction? / How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? / 5 Sure Ways To Stop Feeling Insecure In Your Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by kelvyn7: 11:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
go and ask Oshomole cheesy
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Niyinficient(m): 11:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
U wear bra for eyes wen u marry am? Abi na minimini manimo u take choose am as husband?

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 22, 2016
1. Give him your single friends' numbers and tell them to make moves on him.
2. Tell him to hit a gym or get a personal trainer, start using perfume daily and select clothes you know look good on him.
3. Select a hair style and shave that look good on him or tell him to randomize styles he uses in both shaving and trimming.
4. Divorce.
5. Get lost from his life and watch him use all the changes you've built in his life to catch many girls both young and old. I bet then you'd stop feeling shame and want him back badly.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by tuzeriouz: 11:15pm On Jan 22, 2016
why don't u share ur pretty and ugly husby's pix,huh?
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Unfathomable: 11:16pm On Jan 22, 2016
so the scales finally fell off your eyes...you're not serious. madam I must follow marry
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by scachy(m): 11:16pm On Jan 22, 2016
Guys this ll be an eye opener.be careful wen u mingle wit a lady in her late 20's, cos desperation works for them that de won't mind marrying u wit Zoro love. Only to to give u high BP after ur wedding.

Madam show us una pix na. Hope he's not Uwaezuoke? grin grin

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by NEROSKY(m): 11:17pm On Jan 22, 2016
playtheblues:
How ugly is he? I mean is he uglier than Mr. Ibu? Be sincere.
Is mr ibu ugly, u need eyes glass

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by scachy(m): 11:17pm On Jan 22, 2016
tuzeriouz:
why don't u share ur pretty and ugly husby's pix,huh?
U just said my mind
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by lifezone247(m): 11:17pm On Jan 22, 2016
jashar:
The irony is that everything you think people are saying could be in your mind.

You say they give you looks, the looks might mean;
1. Awhhhhh, such a lovely couple.
2. God, when will my own spouse and I walk around together?
3. I wish my husband would show me such affection in public...

I could go on and on....
Train your mind to appreciate the good he does and see beyond the looks.
The op really needs ur kind for counselling. You are so on point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by sheyoroniyen(m): 11:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
scaredy:

haba no
so e no reach mr ibu n u complaining. all d best for u ooooo
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by SpermDonor: 11:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
jmichlins:
Just divorce him if your not comfortable with him. but your really a farming tool

Divorcing someone for being ugly. LOL

That's a new one
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by ericwright(m): 11:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
playtheblues:
would u shut d fvuck up! Is Mr Ibu ugly?do u even know wat dey call ugly.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Pidggin(f): 11:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
scaredy:
I have been married for a year now to a man that is very unattractive. I married him for two reasons

1. My younger ones and friends were all married and I was desperate at 32.
2. He treats me well

He's a good husby but I sometimes get ashamed walking with him because he's very ugly. I'm a pretty girl and when we are in public he's all over me wanting people to know we are together and I see the looks they give us.

I don't mind sleeping with this man and being his wife, I just want the feeling of shame to stop.I know some men don't treat their wife well and I feel lucky mine own does that.

Eyah
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by ugonna1054(m): 11:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
kallmemrB:
sorry fot What ?

i feel so bad for the Husband....the most hurtful feeling in this life is to feel under appreciated....

i know we guys always complain of ladies not-so-pretty but calling a guy ugly is annoying cos this same guy you dont wanna appreciate has over 100 ladies out there wishing they could have a husband as caring as ur man..

am 100% percent sure you are not as pretty as Heidi Klum,She married Seal for years with kids... so whats ur Prob

you see lots of ladies in church praying for a Good and caring husband even if he looks like Gorrila...you have a Good and caring husband but u aint satisfy....

i pity you alot...in 10yrs time when that ur beauty is gone ,am sure by then you will be praying he doesnt leave you cos no matter how many make up u use that beauty of yours will surely fade away...

Learn to love and appreciate ur partner....Him loving you and caring for you should be more important to u than his looks...

2face and Flavor are hansome dudes but their babymamas holds pillows to sleep at night..

Learn to Love him more before someone that will appreciate him better will come along

P.S dont think he doesnt know that you dont admire him
#word
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by hollywater: 11:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
Can you imagine this one! 50cent was the most ulgy guy i have seen until he became fame. You supposed to be the calling your husband handsome man.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by pato405(m): 11:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
Attention seeker alert!

You were 32 when you married and you are married for a year now, meaning you are 33 now.

In your previous post, 3 yrs ago, you claimed 28 yrs old (which means you ought to be 31 now). How come?

Inconsistency = liesssssss

conclusion: story unbelievable, cooked up lies.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Fanirandele: 11:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
Learn to stop caring so much what people are thinking or saying. That's the same way you married because others were getting married. It's not about your husbands looks but your own insecurity and need to please society. If you don't snap out of it , you'll let people define your life. Later it will be I'm ashamed because my daughter is single while some of her friends are married, it never stops till you stop it
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Goridoe(m): 11:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
[size=13pt]ABEG MAKE I SPREAD MAT JAWE, SOMEONE SHUD HELP ME WITH PILLOW

**yawns**

btw, wetin consign me consign ur 'ugly' hubby.. na me giv ur hand in marriage to him? undecided undecided undecided undecided abi how is our opinion gonna change him from the being 'ugly' u claimed to be the most 'handsome'...

MY ADVICE: start doing make-up for him, before he steps out of the house.. **yawns**

WARNING: admin no go ban me again o angry ajos say make i tok my mind [/size]grin
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by bmos(m): 11:34pm On Jan 22, 2016
PunterTim:
Ouch!.Sorry.

Sorry for what? Was she grabbed and taken to him in another town to be his wife. You are just greedy. You are married, you are married. Just get use to it.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 22, 2016
learn from iara n focus on making d good things better...u just cant have it all at same time
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Justicealh3(m): 11:35pm On Jan 22, 2016
scaredy:
I have been married for a year now to a man that is very unattractive. I married him for two reasons

2. He treats me well

He's a good husby but I sometimes get ashamed walking with him because he's very ugly. I'm a pretty girl and when we are in public he's all over me wanting people to know we are together and I see the looks they give us.

I don't mind sleeping with this man and being his wife, I just want the feeling of shame to stop.I know some men don't treat their wife well and I feel lucky mine own does that.
Sorry, but the picture of Him .
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Totfulguy: 11:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
scaredy:

2. He treats me well

Such is life. We often take for granted the good things that come easy. On the other spectrum, you find people who adore their "ugly" husbands and wish they just had a little time for them. You see when people exhibit the degree of shortsightedness you have just expressed it goes to show that some humans do not deserve what they have. Madam, may I ask you what you define as "handsome" or "ugly"? You have rated yourself as "pretty", based on what benchmarks or standard? Do you look like Tunisian/Iranian/Saudi/Egyptian girls? Are you a six footer with a killer curve? ( I doubt because I cannot imagine this level of shortsightedness in a tall body).

Its clear that you did not/do not know what marriage is and you got married out of the exigency of it, due to what you consider passage of time and family pressure and unfortunately, to a good man. Well let me tell you something, ALL of us have ONLY a few years to look "pretty" and "handsome". In time we ALL fade away, such is life. What NEVER fades is the person we are inside. That is the most beautiful part.

That man you think is "ugly" is possibly highly sought after by another woman (Nairalanders abi no be so?) And sooner or later, as you continue to emit negative vibes to that man, you will loose him. And the one you think is "handsome" may not think you are "beautiful". Well let me define what I think is a beautiful woman and please tell me if you have all of this.

1. Humble and Kind
2. Respectful and Thoughtful
3. Loves her man from the inside
4. Hardworking and too busy to care what fickle things others think of home
5. Loves her parents and Spouses parent
6. Home builder
7. Truly loves children
8. Not Lazy but industrious/contributes to her own home.
9. Appreciates Little things
10.Fears God.
11. Can read and write.
12. Does not model after women in Nigerian films.

The list goes on. I doubt if you have met all this criteria. I hope you appreciate what you have before you loose it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by evatee(m): 11:37pm On Jan 22, 2016
.........will reserve my comment until you post ur pic and hubbie own here before i comment fully.......I will equally assume i didnt see others comment at all...
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by HXoritz(m): 11:38pm On Jan 22, 2016
See make i tell u if ur husband owe piece ehnn u nor go shame....mayb e is average...cos if e get money well well dey carry u travel to abroad steady n giv u all u want u nor go call am ugly or shame 4 am....u go hug n kiss am 4 anywhr even ur pastor present self...
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by RunnaRunna(m): 11:39pm On Jan 22, 2016
@op,very simple,jst invite him to the room anytime u're applyin make up and design his face till he looks exctly lik u want him to.Better realise say u don enter bus and there's no refundin of money on this journey.Nonsense!
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by omonnakoda: 11:39pm On Jan 22, 2016
playtheblues:
Is Mr Ibu ugly?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by anthonyirekpita(m): 11:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
Ad so wat? Let me saked u dis!! Do u do tins ad c d reaction of wat ppl wil say? Dats means one will nt do anytin in dis life; cus no matter wat u do ppl wil talk so my dear just do wat will make u hapi dat all I have 2 say.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Jimohsunday: 11:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
DEAR, SINCE YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL DEFINITELY HAVE HOPE IN UR FUTURE CHILDREN AND YOU DID NOT MARRY HIM FOR FILM SHOW
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by kolajoo(m): 11:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
Dyt:

Hehehehe
I thought I was the only one who viewed her other topics
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I am guilty too grin
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
Go and ask the wife of Edo state how to love ugly men, and again ask yourself if you are finer than her, I mean Lara.

Now, solution:
Ask yourself who is at advantage in the marriage.
Compare and contrast the things your husband pride himself for having you as his wife and those that you pride yourself for having him as your wife.
Being ashamed of your husband is a crime against God as a creator. You are condemning His hand work.

That is by the way, like somebody rightly said in page one, I think you should stop being people's pleaser. I am also guilty of this gory act but I am fighting mine. Since I was born I have never asked a dark woman out, which is bad.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by sunsewa: 11:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
[quote author=scaredy post=42223120]I have been married for a year now to a man that is very unattractive. I married him for two reasons

2. He treats me well

I don't mind sleeping with this man and being h

Sorry to abuse u,but ur a fool by considering physical appearance of ur husband than his faithfulness and financial status.nwoke adi njo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Regretting My Marriage. / Man Leaves His Marriage Because His Wife Beats & Abuses Him / Jealous Wife Attacks Spouse With Bottle On Easter Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.