Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,802 members, 7,806,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

$$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ (3176 Views)

Man Finds Dead Rat In Grilled Full Chicken He Purchased...(pics) / How Do You Like Your Bread And Tea / How To Make Steamed Bean Cakes [moi- Moi] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by Winnergal(f): 12:23am On Jun 25, 2009
How do you like your pork: Roasted, grilled, fried, steamed or baked . . .?
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by Hauwa1: 7:34pm On Jun 25, 2009
lipsrsealed
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by rubi(f): 8:48pm On Jun 25, 2009
Winnergal:

How do you like your pork: Roasted, grilled, fried, steamed or baked . . .?
I don't think pork is all that healthy
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by bluespice(f): 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2009
whichever way just not fried
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by mohawkchic(f): 2:16am On Jun 26, 2009
~Grilled ~ Pot Roast~

~I like BBQ Baby Back Ribs & Grilled Pork Chops

Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by ifyalways(f): 11:38am On Jun 26, 2009
Grilled and fried(with Kpo-kpo garri kiss )
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by Leilah(f): 9:37pm On Aug 07, 2009
Pork has a horrible taste off it, its a dirty, disgusting meat.
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by SeanT21(f): 9:40pm On Aug 07, 2009
Grilled with some BBQ sauce.
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by namdee(m): 8:35am On Aug 12, 2009
Hi Mohawk,could you please give some recipe for pork, BBQ,Grilled and others,thank you
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2009
Awon elede oshi! grin And to think ladies are the main contributors on this thread. . . soon y'all will start looking for ways to kill tha fat grin
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by UKDREAM: 1:33am On Aug 16, 2009
Those ribs look tantalising tongue
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by mohawkchic(f): 2:12am On Aug 16, 2009
namdee:

Hi Mohawk,could you please give some recipe for pork, BBQ,Grilled and others,thank you

~Hey Namdee. . .No woories. . .

~My fav recipes for Pork can be found on this link : bbq.co.uk/bbq-recipes/pork/index.htm

~This link takes you to the recipe for the BBQ Spare Ribs pics i posted

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/recipe/246/Barbecue-Pork-Ribs-Baby-Back-or-Spare
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by mohawkchic(f): 2:18am On Aug 16, 2009
~Roast Rack Of Pork With Crackling ~

Prep time:15 mins
Cook time:2 hrs 20 mins
Serves:6-8

Galton Blackiston adds lemon, garlic and sage to classic roast pork - for really top-notch crackling, look for dark, dry skin when buying pork

Ingredients
1 rack pork, with at least 6 ribs, about 3 kg, which has been chined (that is, loosened from the bone so it can easily be cut away before carving - you can ask your butcher to do this)
2 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
1 Lemon, rind only (peeled with a zester), sliced into about 24 pieces
24 leaves Sage

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC/Gas 7.

2. Weigh the pork and calculate the cooking time according to the weight: allow 20 minutes per 450g of meat; then add 20 minutes extra.

3. Make incisions about 2.5cm apart through the rind of the pork and into the flesh with a sharp knife. Push the pieces of garlic and lemon rind and a sage leaf into each cut. Place the pork in a roasting tin, and splash the pork rind with cold water, before liberally sprinkling with salt.

4. Place the roasting tin on the top shelf of the preheated oven and roast without opening the oven door for 25 minutes. During this time, the crackling should start to bubble.

5. Reduce the oven to 190ºC/Gas 5, and continue to roast for the remainder of the calculated cooking time. By now you should have crisp crackling and moist succulent meat. Check whether the meat is cooked properly by piercing it with a skewer, the juices should run pink, but not bloody. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes in a warm place before carving. Carve and serve.

Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by C2H5OH(f): 2:23am On Aug 16, 2009
HATE pork
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by mohawkchic(f): 2:28am On Aug 16, 2009
~Savory Grilled Pork Steaks ~

4 to 6 pork steaks, cut 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. curry powder
1/4 c. naturally brewed soy sauce
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1/2 c. chopped onion

~Blend brown sugar and curry powder in small saucepan.
~Gradually add soy sauce, tomato sauce and onion stirring until blended.
~Bring to boil, reduce heat and cook slowly for 5 minutes. Cool.
~Place steaks in large plastic bag. Add marinade. Press air out of bag and close tightly. Place in pan or dish. ~Marinate 4 to 6 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
~Remove steaks and place on grill over hot, glowing coals.
~Broil steaks at low to moderate temperature basting and turning occasionally for 30 to 40 minutes.

Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by C2H5OH(f): 2:46am On Aug 16, 2009
lol sorry I just do
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by chiogo(f): 2:49am On Aug 16, 2009
LOL . . .You're missing out.

I love my pork fried or grilled. . .yum yum!!! tongue
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by Diva1(f): 6:29pm On Aug 16, 2009
No pork for me lipsrsealed
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by C2H5OH(f): 6:30pm On Aug 16, 2009
Diva1:

No pork for me lipsrsealed

yea that's whassup ma
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by Diva1(f): 6:43pm On Aug 16, 2009
C2H5OH:

yea that's whassup ma

Have u tasted pork before?
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by C2H5OH(f): 6:43pm On Aug 16, 2009
oh, God no.  it's just one of those things.

have you? is that why you don't like it
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by Diva1(f): 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2009
No way lipsrsealed Haven't tried it @ all, just the thought of it.
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by C2H5OH(f): 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2009
good! I agree with you.

The thought of it makes me want to puke as well
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by Ejadamen(f): 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2009
@ ethanol (C2H5OH) and Diva 1, at least taste it, you might be surprised.
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by namdee(m): 7:59am On Aug 26, 2009
Thanks mohawk
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by mohawkchic(f): 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2009
~YW Namdee. . .
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by 3ripsey: 12:50pm On Feb 02, 2010
hi namdee, are you there? i need to reach you urgently
Re: $$How Do You Like Your Pork: Roasted, Grilled, Fried, Steamed Or Baked . . .?$$ by Nobody: 2:40am On Apr 01, 2023
Reported to the Sharia police cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Have You Taken A Bottle Of DESTINY YOGURT TODAY? / Ants In My Food / Contaminated Chivita Active Fruit Juice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.