Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,798,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Window Winder Conversion - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Window Winder Conversion (2400 Views)

Conversion of manual window winder to electric/ power winder / Conversion RHD To LHD 2012 Range Rover Autobiography Sport / Converting A Manual Winder In Golf3 To A Tapping Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Window Winder Conversion by TheRealGEJ: 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
I want to convert my manual window winder to electric/ power winder. Please nairalander, how much will it cost me. Thanks

Will be happy to get response from experts in the house
Re: Window Winder Conversion by TheRealGEJ: 6:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
TheRealGEJ:
I want to convert my manual window winder to electric/ power winder. Please nairalander, how much will it cost me. Thanks

Yes o
Re: Window Winder Conversion by Trafford(m): 7:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
TheRealGEJ:

I am also interested in finding out the actual cost
Re: Window Winder Conversion by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
TheRealGEJ:

This is one hell of a query, a crystal ball is required to give a response, with any degree of accuracy.

You don't state the make and model of car, or the model year. With all the basic details omitted, your query is as blank as a hole in a wall.

Please fill in the blanks, and perhaps you'll get more help.

1 Like

Re: Window Winder Conversion by TheRealGEJ: 10:45pm On Jan 22, 2016
Siena:

This is one hell of a query, a crystal ball is required to give a response, with any degree of accuracy.

You don't state the make and model of car, or the model year. With all the basic details omitted, your query is as blank as a hole in a wall.

Please fill in the blanks, and perhaps you'll get more help.

It's a Toyota Corolla 2006 model
Re: Window Winder Conversion by lonelydora: 2:24am On Jan 23, 2016
If I should suggest, continue using your manual winder. When you convert it to Auto winder, you will start having issues with burnt motor and catcher (in local terms) from time to time.

I don't think it's a big deal to convert though.
Re: Window Winder Conversion by mastro: 7:05am On Jan 23, 2016
TheRealGEJ:

http://www.amazon.com/Window-XO-Vision-Power-PW203/dp/B005AQOL5E

though I would just leave it alone
Re: Window Winder Conversion by TheRealGEJ: 8:00am On Jan 23, 2016
mastro:

http://www.amazon.com/Window-XO-Vision-Power-PW203/dp/B005AQOL5E

though I would just leave it alone

Thanks for the link posted. Honestly I never wanted to change it but the stress I go through in turning down window, to attend to someone on the passenger side especially when I'm the only one in the car, it's really annoying and frustrating as well. Hence my decision to finally change
Re: Window Winder Conversion by Trafford(m): 11:46am On Jan 23, 2016
lonelydora:
If I should suggest, continue using your manual winder. When you convert it to Auto winder, you will start having issues with burnt motor and catcher (in local terms) from time to time.

I don't think it's a big deal to convert though.

So power window is problematic or just converted ones
Re: Window Winder Conversion by lonelydora: 12:04pm On Jan 23, 2016
Trafford:

So power window is problematic or just converted ones

I didn't say so. But with time, because of the frequent use, some of the parts will start having problem. What I mean is, since the car came with manual winder, if I were to be in your shoes, I will use it like that and save myself the stress of conversion.
Re: Window Winder Conversion by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 23, 2016
For those complaining of electric window mechanisms going bad, how about manual versions? They too seize up with age. I suppose with this analogy, the next time your electric window mechanisms stop working, you'll all convert to manual operation.

For those who wish to convert to electric operation, it's easier if you buy used OEM parts from a dead car. In this case, you'll need the electric mechanisms, switches and wiring harness from a 2004-2009 Toyota Corolla. The 2006 Corolla is part-wired for electric window operation, meaning the plugs the OEM wiring harness plugs into is already in place.

The OEM electric window mechanisms are simple bolt-on affairs, the doors have the corresponding holes in place.

You'll need to plug in a fuse and relay in the vacant positions. Any decent technician should be able to get this done. Estimated time? 3 hours.

3 Likes

Re: Window Winder Conversion by TheRealGEJ: 8:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
Siena:
For those complaining of electric window mechanisms going bad, how about manual versions? They too seize up with age. I suppose with this analogy, the next time your electric window mechanisms stop working, you'll all convert to manual operation.

For those who wish to convert to electric operation, it's easier if you buy used OEM parts from a dead car. In this case, you'll need the electric mechanisms, switches and wiring harness from a 2004-2009 Toyota Corolla. The 2006 Corolla is part-wired for electric window operation, earning the plugs the OEM wiring harness plugs into is already in place.

The OEM electric window mechanisms are simple bolt-on affairs, the doors have the corresponding holes in place.

You'll need to plug in a fuse and relay in the vacant positions. Any decent technician should be able to get this done. Estimated time? 3 hours.

Thanks
Re: Window Winder Conversion by rockiedink(m): 6:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
Siena:

For those who wish to convert to electric operation, it's easier if you buy used OEM parts from a dead car. In this case, you'll need the electric mechanisms, switches and wiring harness from a 2004-2009 Toyota Corolla. The 2006 Corolla is part-wired for electric window operation, meaning the plugs the OEM wiring harness plugs into is already in place.

Every time you comment, I'm always impressed with the way you clearly articulate your thoughts and points that even Dumbo can follow your instructions. Bros come and setup a shop in Nigeria; I will personally ditch my Toyota and move to Audi...which BTW I still intend to do in the not too distant future...I love the A6...
Re: Window Winder Conversion by gogodaye(m): 8:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
Siena:

And just then the Big boss shows........clears all existing doubts....

(1) (Reply)

Ladies: Mercedes Benz, BMW, Audi Or Ford Mustang? / Which Engine Oil Is Perfect For ML320 Mercedes Benz SUV In Nigeria / American Vehicle Mechanics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.