Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With (68315 Views)

Valentine: 10 Categories Of Guys You Will See And How They Will Behave / Lady Visits A Guy At His Hostel, Crowd Of Guys Wait Outside To HAIL HIM (pics) / Real Reason Women Play Hard To Get Or Seem Not Interested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 22, 2016
Cutehector:
I wish a lot of ladies will have the oliviaarims kinda mentality on forming hard to get.

Inasmuch as I don't believe in unnecessary fronting and playing hard to get just for the sake of it, I must say that it's necessary to take things slowly sometimes.

It's not in all cases that women deliberately play hard to get just for the sheer fun of it.. Sometimes, they simply need time to assess their feelings and the guy with whom they are getting into a relationship with, weigh the prospects of the relationship, whether or not it's worth a try and all of that...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Rapmoney(m): 8:51pm On Jan 22, 2016
Carowline:
All of the above are also hard to leave.... kiss
In what manner?
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
Rapmoney:
In this case, we should invite the 'hubby', Emusmith! grin

Lol..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
Rapmoney:
It is a ritual of the average Nigerian lady! grin
And it is so unfortunate that it has seeped into their souls as the homes where they grew created and bred that ancient awareness.

3 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by tosyne2much(m): 8:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
Carowline:
All of the above are also hard to leave.... kiss
Do you also play hard to get ? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by adekhingz(m): 8:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
I agree with op.
To una ladies,Whether you play hard or easy to get, person wey love you go love, person wey go chop and go,go still chop and go too. Shikena#

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Rapmoney(m): 8:57pm On Jan 22, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Inasmuch as I don't believe in unnecessary fronting and playing hard to get just for the sake of it, I must say that it's necessary to take things slowly sometimes.

It's not in all cases that women deliberately play hard to get just for the sheer fun of it.. Sometimes, they simply need time to assess their feelings and the guy with whom they are getting into a relationship with, weigh the prospects of the relationship, whether or not it's worth a try and all of that...
That's why friendship is necessary; don't make it seem as if the guy is embarking on a journey to the top of Mount Everest! He can't continue chasing you up and down, his emotions are at stake too cool

4 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Rapmoney(m): 8:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
Drefan:

And it is so unfortunate that it has seeped into their souls as the homes where they grew created and bred that ancient awareness.
It is a Nigerian thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by AccaPack(m): 8:59pm On Jan 22, 2016
The Op read my mind cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Rapmoney(m): 9:01pm On Jan 22, 2016
adekhingz:
Kileleyi nso? Ice prince can explain better.@op
Allow Ice Prince to sort out the issue between him and his 'people' grin
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by fulfillbill(m): 9:01pm On Jan 22, 2016
Only if some ladies pick some two cents from this...

This is 2016

Carry go Op.

4 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Rapmoney(m): 9:02pm On Jan 22, 2016
AccaPack:
The Op read my mind cheesy
Thanks cool
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Rapmoney(m): 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
fulfillbill:
Only if some ladies pick some two cents from this...

This is 2016

Carry go Op.
Thanks man. It's not funny when this idea is used as guage to measure sincerity.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by AccaPack(m): 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
Rapmoney:
Thanks cool
Exactly who I am cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by CaroLyner(f): 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2016
Rapmoney:
Yes, they might chase you into the hole of an ant for some secret motive!!! Read the beginning of the post again, please!
Freemanan:

#TeamCreateAThreadWhenHeCheatsOnYou
Rapmoney:
Yes, they might chase you into the hole of an ant for some secret motive!!! Read the beginning of the post again, please!
it was sarcasm.pop some chill pills.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by fulfillbill(m): 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2016
Rapmoney:
Thanks man. It's not funny when this idea is used as guage to measure sincerity.

If the person refuse to get close how can you determine sincerity.

We need articles like this to educate them.

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by ronald4lif(m): 9:20pm On Jan 22, 2016
HungerBAD:
Bros.

If you jam better woman wey dey play hard to get,bros continue to pursue her oh.

Better women scarce.

She should also know better men are scarce too. So if she loses a good man playing petit mind games in the guise of playing hard to get who cares?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Cutehector(m): 9:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
Oliviaarims:

women!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by ronald4lif(m): 9:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
CaroLyner:
what are you telling me.even intelligent guys chase girls.
teamhardtoget#

Which better man dey even chase this one wey dey form hard to get? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by wristbangle: 9:25pm On Jan 22, 2016
Rapmoney:
There is always this misconception among our young Nigerian ladies of today that playing 'hard to get' is the sure way of identifying a guy who truly desires and cherishes them. This notion is not only fallacious, it also stands on a sinking foundation! There are guys who would play along with you to the end just to 'get down with you' and eventually show you the EXIT SIGN when it is time for them to take a leave cool It doesn't matter the method you use in playing the so-called 'hard to get'. If you like, do it in a Chinese style or Zimbabwean style!!! Dat nor be dia concern!!! wink

On a serious note, that a guy doesn't have time to start running after you like a kindergaten child doesn't mean he never desired you or liked you in sincerity. Different strokes for different folks, they say wink Below are the types of guys that find it difficult to tolerate 'hard to get' in romantic affairs:

1) Intelligent guys: These set of guys find it difficult to tolerate all the unnecessary rigmarole that comes with a lady playing hard-to-get. Do you think an intelligent person doesn't know he is? You cannot be the one to tell him; he knows it. He probably has some real brain-storming stuffs to do that can create wealth and help others as well other than chasing you up and down the road or calling your line several times without any response on daily basis!

2) Ambitious guys: When I say 'ambitious', I'm not talking of guys who wake up in the morning with huge wraps of indian hemp in their hands with loud talk of 'I go hammer, I go hammer'!!! I mean guys who have concrete dreams and are working towards it. They probably won't have time to chase you here and there when they know they have lot and lot of work to do. There's a difference between chasing women and dating a girl; you probably don't expect the latter to slow down his dreams! He might need you sincerely; he doesn't want to chase women wink

3) Guys that are emotionally strong: It takes an emotionally strong bloke to turn down the unreasonable request of a woman in a reasonable way. This means that guys who are emotionally strong have a greater possibility of saying 'NO' to the ritualistic torture or torment that goes with playing hard-to-get. They might easily back up. That doesn't mean they lacked sincere desires or are feeble-minded; it could mean that they are just too emotionally upgraded to start playing the role of a primary school boy in a movie directed by the lady!

4) Introverted guys: These people think very deeply because they spend much time alone. When a lady plays hard to get, it irritates them often times and they quickly dump her matter!!! Now, what's the stress? Since he is a deep thinker and probably a melancholic, he might paint a beautiful picture of love for you in his heart and when you mess up with your hard-to-get stunts, he quickly gives up because you not only burst his bubbles; you spoil the beautiful picture he employs his creativity painting.

Good evening!

Under which category nai me, tosyne2much, ronald4lif, lalasticlala and seun fall under? cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Carowline(f): 9:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
tosyne2much:
Do you also play hard to get ? cheesy

I might... Depends on who is getting undecided
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
Truth is,i hate to waste my time or anyone else's coz i realy get irritated when some guy keeps stalking me all the time.when i meet a guy am attracted to, i let u knw if we can get d ball rolling or not.it makes no different to me if i said yes today and another says hers in 3yrs.We both said yes in d end.

8 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by tosyne2much(m): 9:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
Oliviaarims:

cheesy...I've missed u..
I have been searching for you everywhere but u seem not to have noticed cool
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
all these yeye guys sef. A girl will be sincerely rejecting your advances but you won't hear. you will say she is playing hard-to-get. so when she decides to use you as atm and dump you after use, you will come and be ranting on NL
Continue....
make una no geh sense grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by firstking01(m): 9:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
HungerBAD:
Bros.

If you jam better woman wey dey play hard to get,bros continue to pursue her oh.

Better women scarce.
no better woman go play hard to get,,,,they are always intelligent enough to decipher when a good man comes around them.

6 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by ronald4lif(m): 9:32pm On Jan 22, 2016
Drefan:
Great write-up. So on point! I wonder the motive the first person who brought about this 'hard to get' bullshït had. Or what she was really trying to prove. I did rather preoccupy myself with complicated mathematical equations. Try indian guys. Naija guys aren't blessed with such endurance.

The hard to get concept is an antediluvian praxis that has no place in 21st century. It's only people with primeval mindset and those who have a false sense of ego that still revels in it. In this age where women initiates romance and open up to a guy they want who still plays hard to get.

A lady who likes you likes you and playing hard changes nothing about one's self-worth. Don't mind these toddlers saying they are playing hard to get, they are just juveniles who assumes a false sense of self importance and hasn't meet a guy who crosses all the right boxes.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by tosyne2much(m): 9:32pm On Jan 22, 2016
Carowline:

I might... Depends on who is getting undecided
Continue your hard-to-get oooo !!! Time will tell cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by octopusfreaky(f): 9:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
Theres nothing like forming hard to get,once a guy woo me and i like him no worms but if reverse is the case i will tell him outright im not interested.

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
Rapmoney:
It is a Nigerian thing.
I tire
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by tosyne2much(m): 9:34pm On Jan 22, 2016
ronald4lif:

The hard to get concept is an antediluvian praxis that has no place in 21st century. It's only people with primeval mindset and those who have a false sense of ego that still revels in it. In this age where women initiates romance and open up to a guy they want who still plays hard to get.

A lady who likes you likes you and playing hard changes nothing about one's self-worth. Don't mind these toddlers saying they are playing hard to get, they are just juveniles who assumes a false sense of self importance and hasn't meet a guy who crosses all their spec of a man.
I'm inclined to agree with you sir. How long it takes a guy to get a lady is not necessarily a determinant of a long lasting relationship

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by tosyne2much(m): 9:37pm On Jan 22, 2016
MissGdope:
all these yeye guys sef. A girl will be sincerely rejecting your advances but you won't hear. you will say she is playing hard-to-get. so when she decides to use you as atm and dump you after use, you will come and be ranting on NL
Continue....
make una no geh sense grin grin grin
Read your comment again and ask yourself if it actually makes sense to you cheesy

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by agrovick(m): 9:38pm On Jan 22, 2016
4 though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Dating A Military Personnel: My Experience. / My Boyfriend Dumped Me Because I Was A Virgin, Pretty Lady Recounts / Heartbroken Runs Girl Sends Warning Message To Her Ex Lover (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.