Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson (1384 Views)

Can I Change My BVN Picture? / Please Help I Mistakenly Revealed My BVN / UBA Africard BVN Linking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by Omolola1(f): 10:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
In 2008, I filled a wrong date of birth in order to open an account with GTB because I wasn't up to the required 18 yet. I filled 1990 instead of 1993.
Never knew it would come hunting back. I opened an account with Access and did the Bvn linking, but didn't work because of the difference in date of birth.
I went to gtb today to complain (I had initially forgotten I did something like that years ago), until they brought out my form and I saw with my own handwriting 1990

I've been told to present my birth certificate (thankfully it has the original 1993) and a drivers license/international passport, both of which must have 1993 in order to effect the change.

In the mean time my access bank account has been blocked, but at least my gtb account where I did the Bvn is still working

Issues: can't find my drivers license
An error is also in my voters card
Bottom line: no relevant means of identification

I'd have to get a drivers license within the next two weeks, so it can be updated as soon as possible, as I'd soon go for service and wouldn't want it to affect my alawee...

The evil that men do though undecided
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by Kirinwa: 10:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
Kk
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by lordprosh(m): 10:42pm On Jan 22, 2016
Its wrong to fill forms with wrong details it comes back nd hunt u!
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by MoNickk(f): 10:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
Go to a court n swear affidavit. that's what I did n it was accepted in access bank. didn't even take me up to an hr.
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by Kirinwa: 10:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
Omolola1:
In 2008, I filled a wrong date of birth in order to open an account with GTB because I wasn't up to the required 18 yet. I filled 1990 instead of 1993.
Never knew it would come hunting back. I opened an account with Access and did the Bvn linking, but didn't work because of the difference in date of birth.
I went to gtb today to complain (I had initially forgotten I did something like that years ago), until they brought out my form and I saw with my own handwriting 1990

I've been told to present my birth certificate (thankfully it has the original 1993) and a drivers license/international passport, both of which must have 1993 in order to effect the change.

In the mean time my access bank account has been blocked, but at least my gtb account where I did the Bvn is still working

Issues: can't find my drivers license
An error is also in my voters card
Bottom line: no relevant means of identification

I'd have to get a drivers license within the next two weeks, so it can be updated as soon as possible, as I'd soon go for service and wouldn't want it to affect my alawee...

The evil that men do though undecided

It won't affect your Alawe cos most times you will be opened a new account in a bank you may not even know existed .

Last Bullet: So you are among those claiming sweet 16 abi? God don catch you.
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by Vision4God: 10:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hhmmm, thnks for sharing. It pays to live right. God help us
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by pet4ril(f): 11:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
May God help you.... Believe me many haa done this and many will still be doing it...... Be your true self /identity anytime anyday
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by jeffizy(m): 11:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
Iyan Ogun odun a ma jo ni l'owo. grin
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by Omolola1(f): 12:30am On Jan 23, 2016
Kirinwa:

It won't affect your Alawe cos most times you will be opened a new account in a bank you may not even know existed .

Last Bullet: So you are among those claiming sweet 16 abi? God don catch you.

Lol...noo don't get it twisted
As at that time I was 15 when I opened the account but I lied in the form I was 18 in order to be able to open the account.
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by Omolola1(f): 12:33am On Jan 23, 2016
MoNickk:
Go to a court n swear affidavit. that's what I did n it was accepted in access bank. didn't even take me up to an hr.

Yeah, that is an option.

However, I want to do things right. I feel it's better I use my original date of birth which is 1993 and update it in gtb records, so it'd get updated in my bvn.

I just even remembered I have this national ID card slip..it has my original date of birth (1993)... I hope that would be accepted with my birth certificate.
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by Omolola1(f): 12:36am On Jan 23, 2016
jeffizy:
Iyan Ogun odun a ma jo ni l'owo. grin

Lmao! Be nice grin
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by Cutehector(m): 7:24pm On Feb 22, 2016
Omolola1:

Lol...noo don't get it twisted
As at that time I was 15 when I opened the account but I lied in the form I was 18 in order to be able to open the account.
urm hi, pls excuse me, r u married?
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by Omolola1(f): 7:33pm On Feb 22, 2016
Cutehector:
urm hi, pls excuse me, r u married?

No sir.
Why ask?
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by Cutehector(m): 7:35pm On Feb 22, 2016
Omolola1:

No sir.
Why ask?
a ring has to be on dat finger wink
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by Omolola1(f): 7:48pm On Feb 22, 2016
Cutehector:
a ring has to be on dat finger wink

Hehehe
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by Cutehector(m): 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2016
Omolola1:

Hehehe
wink. I'm hector by the way, i"d like to hav a chat wid u privately, if u don't mind
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by ednut1(m): 8:33pm On Feb 22, 2016
later we would scream our leaders are corrupt. omo komo tongue
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by Omolola1(f): 8:52pm On Feb 22, 2016
ednut1:
later we would scream our leaders are corrupt. omo komo tongue

Lol, you are high
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by Omolola1(f): 8:53pm On Feb 22, 2016
Cutehector:
wink. I'm hector by the way, i"d like to hav a chat wid u privately, if u don't mind

Oh okay
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by zicoraads: 9:01pm On Feb 22, 2016
Omolola1:

Oh okay
Run! Run like you have never run before lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by ednut1(m): 9:01pm On Feb 22, 2016
Omolola1:

Lol, you are high
no lie na because of guy u open dat account. so he go dey send u money. bad pikin grin

1 Like

Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by Omolola1(f): 9:06pm On Feb 22, 2016
zicoraads:

Run! Run like you have never run before lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

grin grin Obviously grin
Re: My BVN Linking Experience: Learnt My Lesson by Cutehector(m): 12:19am On Feb 23, 2016
Omolola1:

Oh okay
alrite, please follow bak. cool

(1) (Reply)

Market Insight / Castor Oil Seller / Play Sure 10 Numbers Perming. For Ghana Games. ( To Be Updated Daily)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.