Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo (21678 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Sureties Know Fate Tomorrow / FG Won’t Provide Updates On Buhari’s Health, Treatment – Punch / 3 Likely Sureties Who May Stand In To Meet Nnamdi Kanu Bail Conditions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by eyesofgod: 5:57am On Jan 23, 2016
Olusola Fabiyi, Abuja

The national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party has said that it will not provide sureties for its National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh.

The party said since Metuh was being prosecuted for offences that have nothing to do with it, its embattled spokesperson should look for those who would stand as sureties for him.

Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Alhaji Abdullahi Jalo, told our correspondent in an interview on Friday in Abuja that it would be wrong for anyone to be expecting the party to provide sureties for Metuh when the party did not benefit from the money he allegedly collected from the former National Security Adviser, Lt Col. Sabo Dasuki (retd.).

Metuh is facing charges for allegedly collecting N400m from Dasuki, an offence the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission described as money laundering.

Though Metuh said he actually collected the money, he said it was for a job he did for former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Metuh has, however, remained silent on the type of job he allegedly did for the former President.

He is also being prosecuted by the EFCC for allegedly tearing the statement he made to the commission while under interrogation.

The PDP spokesperson has denied both offences, and he is currently being remanded in Kuje Prisons, Abuja, by two different courts pending the time he would meet the bail conditions.

There were anxieties on how he would meet the conditions in order to ease his release from the prisons.

Jalo, however, said the party would not be involved in the search for the sureties.

He said, “Metuh didn’t represent the party in the alleged crimes he’s being prosecuted. The party didn’t benefit from the alleged crime.

“So, he is going to look for sureties himself. We won’t be involved. He would carry his own cross alone, without the party being involved.”

However, the National Legal Adviser of the party, Mr. Victor Kwon, said friends and associates Metuh were “doing everything possible to get the sureties” as demanded by the courts.
www.punchng.com/we-wont-provide-sureties-for-metuh-jalo/

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 23, 2016
Good

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by EHMIR(m): 6:09am On Jan 23, 2016
Invariable,if this war was a witch hunt on d opposition,pdp would ve stood behind their man,nd make sure they provided sureties or d neccessary help they could rendersad

but they said metuh is on his own,cos dey didnt benefit frm d loot,smh

108 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by Freegift75: 6:10am On Jan 23, 2016
Disowned sharp sharp to avoid implication.......na wa oh

20 Likes

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by Frankiss44(m): 6:10am On Jan 23, 2016
Lol.. This is just for the press.. And for gullible Nigerians that believe every shiit they see online

14 Likes

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by eyesofgod: 6:15am On Jan 23, 2016
This Jalo must be naive expecting an Nnewi man to share money. Though message conveyed, 'eat alone and die alone'. But will the party have done otherwise if Metuh had shared some few million?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by Pavore9: 6:18am On Jan 23, 2016
'The party said since Metuh was being prosecuted for offences that have nothing to do with it, its embattled spokesperson should look for those who would stand as sureties for him'.....That is cold!

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by Nobody: 6:19am On Jan 23, 2016
Jalo does not speak for the PDP.The views expressed are are solely his own and not that of the PDP only the national publicity secretary or the National chairman can speak for the party.

https://www.nairaland.com/2861561/pdp-disowns-jalo-denies-asking

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by rottennaija(m): 6:20am On Jan 23, 2016
Already beginning to tear each other up

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by Leeeekeeee: 6:21am On Jan 23, 2016
As if the sureties would stop Metuh from coming out.

If surety is what Metuh needs to be out today, I am very sure he would get it, afterall the last one's he provided was not produced by Jalo....

3 Likes

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by Jaymaxxy(m): 6:21am On Jan 23, 2016
Metuh, OYO is your case o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by Mjshexy(f): 6:22am On Jan 23, 2016
Lolz...So Mr Metuh is now walking alone, Mr yam eater is an egocentric voracious consumer cheesy

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by eyesofgod: 6:24am On Jan 23, 2016
chukwudi44:
Jalo does not speak for the PDP.The views expressed are are solely his own and not that of the PDP only the national publicity secretary or the National chairman can speak for the party.

In the absence of both officers, Secretary and Chairman, who should then speaks for the party?

21 Likes

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by AngryNigerian(m): 6:24am On Jan 23, 2016
Please, what is the post actually talking about, I just woke up...**yawns, pollutes & goes to pray***

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by greatiyk4u(m): 6:25am On Jan 23, 2016
PDP, na now una eye clear....................................u better keep quite cos any thing u say will be used. Against u pple in 2019 Election..........corruption party

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by vedaxcool(m): 6:27am On Jan 23, 2016
grin grin PDP entertaining Nigerians with their tales of greed and betrayal.

13 Likes

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by 175(m): 6:29am On Jan 23, 2016
PMB is just hiding his pretty wife from ME. I want to see and hear her talk on tv. I have seen worse First Ladies before and nothing happened.
PMB, don't be selective, show ME ur wife or wat happened in 175 BC will happen again.
U can silence Olisah Metuh but not me. Period!
gringringrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by eyesofgod: 6:31am On Jan 23, 2016
175:
PMB is just hiding his pretty wife from ME. I
want to see and hear her talk on tv. I have seen
worse First Ladies before and nothing happened.

PMB, don't be selective, show ME ur wife or wat
happened in 175 BC will happen again.

U can silence Olisah Metuh but not me. Period!

gringringrin

O boy, maintain lane, abeg.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by modath(f): 6:32am On Jan 23, 2016
chukwudi44:

I trust you, you are totally predictable! cheesy grin

Greatest ally of corrupt practices & tribalist emeritus. cheesy

I hope you realize this Jalo man is the Dep Pub sec? & can speak for the party!!
So you believe any of the party members who isn't his personal friend will stick out their necks? & be aware that he needs 4 different sureties & politicians are only friends when interests are being served...

Nurse will talk eventually, {he thought emotional blackmail & cry of selective justice will work but sadly it is not a defense under the law..} he is just playing for time.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 23, 2016
modath:

I trust you, you are totally predictable! cheesy grin

Greatest ally of corrupt practices & tribalist emeritus. cheesy

I hope you realize this Jalo man is the Dep Pub sec? & can speak for the party!!
So you believe any of the party members who isn't his personal friend will stick out their necks? & be aware that he needs 4 different sureties & politicians are only friends when interests are being served...

Nurse will talk eventually, {he thought emotional blackmail & cry of selective justice will work but sadly it is not a defense under the law..} he is just playing for time.

Jalo is amongst the renegades in the PDP who a few days ago called for the resignation of NWC members!! Do you really expect him to come out and say he was going to provide surety for Metuh?

7 Likes

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by carinmom(f): 6:42am On Jan 23, 2016
grin grin
Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by bigerboy200: 6:42am On Jan 23, 2016
Lmao..Metuh go chop watery beans taya for that Kuje prison..

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 23, 2016
eyesofgod:

In the absence of both officers, Secretary and Chairman, who should then speaks for the party?
Is the national chairman unavailable?

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by hassan85(m): 6:46am On Jan 23, 2016
chukwudi44:

Is the national chairman unavailable?
pa chukufrud! U stil alive? Hws d wailing business na

29 Likes

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by emamos: 7:01am On Jan 23, 2016
lalasticlala,come see metuhsela don enter battle of sureties wit his party
Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by 175(m): 7:03am On Jan 23, 2016
eyesofgod:

O boy, maintain lane, abeg.

If I tear u slap ehn, u go know say the lane is wide enough for all.

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 23, 2016
The national leadership of the party wishes to clarify that Jalo is not a member of the National Working Committee and does not have the mandate of the party to speak on its behalf on any matter whatsoever. Under our constitution, only the National Chairman and the National Publicity Secretary or any body so designated by the National Chairman or the National Working Committee speaks for the party. Jalo, clearly does not have this mandate and could not have been speaking for our party.
“For the avoidance of doubt, the official position of our great party remains that our spokesman should be released or charged to court as he remains innocent until proven otherwise by a court of competent jurisdiction, in line with the provisions of our constitution and the laws of Nigeria.
“The PDP is therefore resolute in challenging the continued detention of our spokesman for a week now, beyond the limits provided by the laws in violation of his constitutionally guaranteed rights as a citizen. We are solidly behind our spokesman in the demand for the enforcement of his rights and liberty. Our demand that he is immediately released or charge to court has not changed.
“Chief Olisa Metuh has the right under the law to his statement and the onus lies on the investigating agency to charge him to court and not to arrogate itself the duties of the judiciary.
“The PDP has expressly explained in various statements and press conferences that it is not in any way against fighting corruption provided it is done within the confines of rule of law and respect for the fundamental Human rights of citizens.
“We also wish to reiterate our stand that President Buhari-led Federal Government has turned the anti- corruption fight as a witch-hunt on PDP leaders, with a view to decimating the party and installing its desired one party state in the country.
“All lovers of democracy, including the international community should take critical look at the various breaches of this administration and the threat it brings to civil liberty and national stability and rein in this government to respect the values of democracy.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/196682-pdp-denies-asking-jonathan-to-speak-up-on-dasuki-scandal.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by Meriekriss: 7:05am On Jan 23, 2016
PDP will come out and deny Jalo soon..

Check my signature for your breathtaking wallpapers and 3D wall panels, 3D epoxy floors, 3D stretch ceilings and wooden blinds & wooden laminate floors..
Re: We Won’t Provide Sureties For Metuh –jalo by appini: 7:09am On Jan 23, 2016
I see it more like a tactical move. Because their plans is to brand PDP a corrupt political party.

Though they will be working for his release behind the scene.

Metuh stay strong!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. / Osita Chidoka‏ Congratulates Obiano, APGA As The Winner Of 2017 Anambra Election / Buni Orders Release Of Detained Teenager In Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.