Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Dangote, Bill Gates Pledge $100M To Malnutrition In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote, Bill Gates Pledge $100M To Malnutrition In Nigeria (895 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke Lavished $100m On Furniture, Artworks — US / Amosun Commissions $100m Factory(photos) / Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote, Bill Gates Pledge $100M To Malnutrition In Nigeria by phoneport(m): 8:31am On Jan 23, 2016
Dangote Foundation and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation on Thursday, January 21 announced a combined commitment of $100 million to help Nigeria tackle the problems of malnutrition.
The donation was announced in Abuja at a press conference by the business moguls.

Both philanthropists had on Wednesday, January 20, stated their commitment to ensure that Nigeria wins the fight against polio, at a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari.

The $100million pledge is expected to be expended over the next five years (2016-2020). It is targeted at ending malnutrition in the country. It is also expected to improve the lives of at least five million families by 2020, according to the two global figures.

Nice move.

Re: Dangote, Bill Gates Pledge $100M To Malnutrition In Nigeria by Inspectahdeck(m): 8:41am On Jan 23, 2016
I think it is high time we ask bill gate "What is his interest in Nigeria".

The man is a business man and will never dash out so much funds for no reason.

Also, vaccine was rejected by Europeans and Americans last year. The people calmed that it had negative effect on their kids. And we in Africa take same with no caution.

They create a virus or disease and make money from the vaccines. Very soon they will produce ebola vaccines (if not available already).
Re: Dangote, Bill Gates Pledge $100M To Malnutrition In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 23, 2016
that's so sweet and considerate of them!! cheesy

I also pledge to add my own share in tackling malnutrition(N200) grin
I know the amount seems too much... buh I would pay any amount to help my country grin
Re: Dangote, Bill Gates Pledge $100M To Malnutrition In Nigeria by Idrismusty97(m): 8:50am On Jan 23, 2016
EroticAngelina:
that's so sweet and considerate of them!! cheesy

I also pledge to add my own share in tackling malnutrition(N200) grin
I know the amount seems too much... buh I would pay any amount to help my country grin
And if you don't give out this N200 thunder is warming up.
Re: Dangote, Bill Gates Pledge $100M To Malnutrition In Nigeria by Idrismusty97(m): 8:52am On Jan 23, 2016
Inspectahdeck:
I think it is high time we ask bill gate "What is his interest in Nigeria".

The man is a business man and will never dash out so much funds for no reason.

Also, vaccine was rejected by Europeans and Americans last year. The people calmed that it had negative effect on their kids. And we in Africa take same with no caution.

They create a virus or disease and make money from the vaccines. Very soon they will produce ebola vaccines (if not available already).
He is a philanthropist. He is committed to eradication of polio in the world. Name the countries still having polio? Nigerian, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Although WHO recently removed Nigeria from the list of polio endemic countries. And he isn't the only one dishing out millions, Dagote is too.
Re: Dangote, Bill Gates Pledge $100M To Malnutrition In Nigeria by ckmayoca: 10:06am On Jan 23, 2016
So hw will this money be used? Like opening a canteen for them to come in and eat if u r suffering from malnutrition abi how?

(1) (Reply)

 No More Accidental Discharge ! Police To Replace Fire Arms With Stun Guns / Pope Francis' Campaign Against Trump Like An International Version Of Fr Mbaka / Buhari Visit To Holy KAABA: Is It Longer Throat Or Is It Submission Renewal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.