Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Converting Excel Sheets To Web Based Apps - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Converting Excel Sheets To Web Based Apps (1228 Views)

What Is The Most Preferred Programming Language For A Web-based Startup? / What Can I Achieve With In Respect To Web Development C++ / Pls Help. How Do I Convert Excel Sheets To Vcard For Free Pls Pls Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Converting Excel Sheets To Web Based Apps by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:52am On Jan 23, 2016
I am not a programmer and I am not going to try to be one. I have an excel sheet that does some calculations for me at work that I would like to convert into a web based application so it can be used by more people. Now in the end I would have to contract someone to do but first I need ideas on how best to approach it so that it is robust enough. What are my options?

1. Is it possible to have the excel sheet in the back end, create like a form on the web which looks like the excel sheet. When the user puts in the required input data it gets copied to the excel sheet which does the calculations back end and then the result is copied from the sheet and displayed on the web app. Is this possible? What are the pros and cons?

2. I seen somewhere about converting it to a VBA but VBA's are buggy, I would like the chosen method to at least allow me update the back end as often as possible.

3. Write an application from scratch. Which will have the ability to perform these calculations and also have a very good aesthetic look and feel.

4. Anything else......

Thanks.

cc Seun
Re: Converting Excel Sheets To Web Based Apps by omotogoodo(m): 9:26am On Jan 24, 2016
Its a nice concept. By so doing, you will create a sort of database at back-end. We use something similar in the office. Pls check YouTube, I believe there are videos there to guide you.
Re: Converting Excel Sheets To Web Based Apps by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 24, 2016

(1) (Reply)

My App Just Got Reviewed / Python E-books / PHP Script Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.