Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,018 members, 7,806,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) (39026 Views)

Armed With Gun, Condoms, Driver Demands To See Master’s Wife (pic) / These Men Were Arrested For Forgery, Selling Fake Milk And Injections, By NAFDAC / Clearing Agents Disguise N222m Drugs As Hair Extension, Foodstuff (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by sugarbelly4: 9:52am On Jan 23, 2016
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency has intercepted a shipment of Tramadol disguised and packaged as condoms and other illicit drugs at the Tin Can Island Port, Lagos.

The two importers, who claimed to be pharmacists, are also being investigated in connection with the unlawful importation. Tramadol is a prescription drug belonging to the class of opioid. The total weight of the seized drug is 3,078.56kg.

A statement by the NDLEA Head of Public Affairs, Mr. Ofoyeju Mitchell, claimed that the drug was detected during a physical examination at the port by the officials of the agency and others.

The statement quoted the NDLEA Director of Operations and General Investigations, Mr. Olugbenga Mabo, as saying that prosecuting the suspects would address a lack of respect for due process by professionals.

Mabo said, “We have observed an infringement of laws with adverse consequences on the nation. The drugs were imported without permit by the relevant authorities. Prosecuting the suspects will serve as a warning to others. The case has been assigned to the Joint Task Force of the agency for investigation.”

NDLEA Commander at the Tin Can Port, Mr. Nse Inam, gave the names of the suspects as Onuchukwu Owulu (38) of Benow Pharmaceutical Impex Limited based in Lagos and Igboanugo Tochukwu (35) of Vingil Pharmaceuticals Limited, Asaba. According to Inam, the shipment of controlled drugs originated from India.

Owulu allegedly imported 107 cartons of Tramanow, a brand of Tramadol weighing 1,078.56kg while Tochukwu imported 250 cartons of Vingil Tramadol weighing 2,000kgs. Both suspects are being investigated.

Preliminary investigation by the NDLEA Joint Task Force headed by Mr. Olumuyiwa Adeniyi revealed that both pharmaceutical companies did not obtain import permit for the said drug which is contrary to section 11 subsection (a) of the NDLEA Act.

It was also gathered that the drugs were imported for illicit distribution as they were disguised in cartons of condoms and other illicit pharmaceutical products. The discovery of the drug was made during an examination of the container prior to delivery at their preferred destination outside the port. In addition, the companies could not produce either import or clearance permit for the said drugs.

Benjamin, in his statement, said he could not obtain an import permit because of the strike embarked upon by staff of National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control.

He said in his statement, “I registered Benow Pharmaceuticals Impex Limited in 2009 and I started business in 2010 as a qualified pharmacist.

“I began the process of importing this consignment in September 2015 and the goods arrived on December 13, 2015 and my agent informed me of the challenge of obtaining a permit to import and clear the Tramanow.

“The strike by staff of NAFDAC made it difficult for me to secure the necessary permit. I witnessed the search of the container in the presence of NDLEA officers and other security agencies at the port.”

The second suspect, Vincent, also told narcotic investigators that he had not obtained permit to import the said drug.

“I am a qualified pharmacist practicing in Asaba. However, I have not obtained the import and clearance permit for this shipment,” he said.

Both suspects will soon be prosecuted, the statement added.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/ndlea-intercepts-3000kg-of-tramadol-disguised-as-condoms/

lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by sugarbelly4: 9:52am On Jan 23, 2016
oyo is their case...Checkout more of their pics @

http://www.latestamebonaija.com/2016/01/these-men-packaged-drugs-as-condoms.html

These guys got no chill, aswear

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 23, 2016
Na dem dem grin

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by madridguy(m): 9:59am On Jan 23, 2016
Sad news for Tramadol crew.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by wazeeu: 9:59am On Jan 23, 2016
Igbo's

grin

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by nikkiking(m): 10:29am On Jan 23, 2016
Get Rich or die trying shocked

Yebos kwenu!

69 Likes

Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by phrancys001(m): 10:39am On Jan 23, 2016
Na papa kelechi bloda oooo!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by ritababe(f): 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
lol tramadol? some guys will not like this e. g andyblaze and ozilagrin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by Dandeson1(m): 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by techskulz(m): 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
Naija guys always trying to do bad things since the time of naija creation

1 Like

Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by looseweight: 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
Tramadol is not a contraband....

3 Likes

Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by amdoyin82(m): 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
E pain SAA say dey catch dem..
Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by ggrin(f): 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2016
Oma se o gringringringringrin
Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by seunny4lif(m): 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2016
Me - Na them sir grin
IANC - Will you stop lying angry
Me - Look their heads shocked sorry their names, sir cheesy
IANC - angry No way out
We hereby approve those names grin
International Association of Name checkers grin
Togo branch ,
West Africa grin
Chairman angry

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by kelvyn7: 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2016
shocked
Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2016
Na WA o
Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by Mega005(m): 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2016
Why
Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by ggrin(f): 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
lipsrsealed
ur brosesundecided
Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by shogz89: 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
Ok the status quo remains the same
Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by Fiwasayo(f): 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
See them
Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by MathsChic(f): 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by bigcil2(m): 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
Get rich quick die quickly
Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by summerflame(m): 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
tochukwu and owulu, na wa ooo..

7 Likes

Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by xana101: 1:29pm On Jan 23, 2016
Useless Govt. Things are very hard. Guys are trying very hard to make ends means. If u go right and no head way, u go left tongue

1 Like

Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by Kenywonder: 1:29pm On Jan 23, 2016
Condom as drug?
Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by omusiliyu(m): 1:29pm On Jan 23, 2016
The names though.. grin grin grin

Am a proud member of Name Checkers Forum (NCF)

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 23, 2016
ggrin:
ur brosesundecided
you push?
Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by Dijaga(m): 1:29pm On Jan 23, 2016
IGBO KWENU.........Eeeeiiii
Fiwasayo:
See them

3 Likes

Re: These Men Packaged Drugs As Condoms (photos) by kolnel: 1:29pm On Jan 23, 2016
Hustling mode
Get rich or die trying

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Brutally Attacked by Robbers in Traffic Caused by Police Collecting Bribe / Woman, Friends Arrested For Dumping Lover’s Body Inside Bush (Photos) / How I Was Scammed In A Broad Day Light In Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.