Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:04 PM

Furniture I Bought From China Arrived - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Furniture I Bought From China Arrived (10905 Views)

"10 Years After Leaving Home, I Bought A House" - Ghanaian Lady / Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How / I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Furniture I Bought From China Arrived by bigtt76(f): 12:27pm On Jan 27, 2016
Went to check out a newly built apartment recently and I discovered that the painter painted over the plastic wrapper on the door frame instead of first removing it and wiping clean the surface.

To me getting the right skill-set worker in a Nigerian artisan is one thing ....their pricing is yet another. No wonder people prefer the Togolese and Beninois workers to the Nigerians angry

euromilion:

Its so annoying how they do business over there,very unprofessional and I can tell you that many would get turned off using local services because of their inadequate pricing for services.

The other day someone recommended a Togolese tiler to me,I gave the chap a call,immediately,the man went straight to telling me it's 250naira per sqm,if it was a Nigerian they'll start by saying its 500 naira first.I hate that.

Am up for the support of local businesses,but they seriously need to change their ways.

Just take a look at people selling things here,they rarely post their prices,because they are constantly thinking on how to make you their next victim.I SMH.

1 Like

Re: Furniture I Bought From China Arrived by mufutau55(m): 4:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
ChidoNwankwo:
sorry for my late response. I traveled, just come back. The sofa total set with middle table I paid USD1300, transport USD600, Clearance Naira260k I paid in Lagos. They have a transport and clearance agent, it's also a Chinese company. My kitchen is not big, I paid USD700, transport USD80, clearance Naira 31K. Their price is not so cheap, but when I see their goods, I like their quality,and all my friends like these China products. That's why I come here. Its simple, not to promote China goods. By the way, am living at NFE, lekki area in Lagos.

The price is very reasonable. Did you have to pay thru their website or thru their agent in Nigeria?

Hajji M.
Re: Furniture I Bought From China Arrived by ChidoNwankwo: 2:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hi, I made payment of US dollars for the goods to their Builder Union Group company account, and tranport & clearance I paid directly to their transport agent office in Lagos, though all of these payment before shipping, at least it made me feel at ease since I was paying to two independent parties. You can also make full payment of goods cost and transport and clearance to Builder Union themselves, but paying to two companies should be better to protect ourselves.
mufutau55:

The price is very reasonable. Did you have to pay thru their website or thru their agent in Nigeria?

Hajji M.
Re: Furniture I Bought From China Arrived by mufutau55(m): 3:15pm On Jan 28, 2016
ChidoNwankwo:
Hi, I made payment of US dollars for the goods to their Builder Union Group company account, and tranport & clearance I paid directly to their transport agent office in Lagos, though all of these payment before shipping, at least it made me feel at ease since I was paying to two independent parties. You can also make full payment of goods cost and transport and clearance to Builder Union themselves, but paying to two companies should be better to protect ourselves.

Very good. At least you got the goods you paid for, and happy about it. They look good.

Hajji M.
Re: Furniture I Bought From China Arrived by TouchstoneNgr: 9:02pm On Jan 29, 2016
bebe2:
ok, i understand u guys trying to be loyal and all that,

but to call a spade a spade, those furnitures are beautiful cool cool

and i bet it will be nicely done.

u can get the naija furniture maker to make it but it wont be as clean, and it might never get done
come today come tmrw undecided

dealing wit trade people in nigeria is painful, from tailors to to market women, look away and they will remove from
the crayfish or squeeze a nylon bag into the measuring cup before using to sell u rice.

aint no body got time time undecided

You are right.
Do you know that there are young entrepreneurs now in Nigeria doing businesses the way it should be done.
Contact us today for your Kitchen, Wardrobe and Doors.
Visit our website for more information
[url]m.touchstonenigeria.com[/url]
Re: Furniture I Bought From China Arrived by builderers: 6:51pm On Feb 11, 2016
see these guys are smart on makng ads. i have checked their website www.builderunion.com , it looks beautiful but exchange rate is a real headache now.
Re: Furniture I Bought From China Arrived by builderers: 8:48pm On Feb 12, 2016
Re: Furniture I Bought From China Arrived by ChidoNwankwo: 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2016
Planning to build another duplex @ ibadan for rent, it is too hard to get USD now. that's my problem. Someone said Naira will become steady when it comes to 350 per USD, is that true?
Re: Furniture I Bought From China Arrived by PeoplesArmy: 3:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
ChidoNwankwo:
Planning to build another duplex @ ibadan for rent, it is too hard to get USD now. that's my problem. Someone said Naira will become steady when it comes to 350 per USD, is that true?

The truth is that nobody knows. Whatever you want to do, just do it.
Re: Furniture I Bought From China Arrived by builderers: 9:02pm On Feb 18, 2016
Thanks, bro. May God bless Nigeria.
PeoplesArmy:

The truth is that nobody knows. Whatever you want to do, just do it.
Re: Furniture I Bought From China Arrived by itunit: 3:59pm On May 13, 2016
There are good local producers here in Nigeria. Check http://www.hdflng.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

OFFPLAN PROPERTY. Luxury 3 Bedroom + BQ (penthouse) In Camberwall Advantage 1 / Fully Equipped Apartment For Short Lets In Lagos, Nigeria (min Of 3 Days Rent) / Office Renovation Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.