Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview (39131 Views)

Shell Job V`acancy / Shell Job Career Opportunities / Shell Job Vac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by neroflick(m): 8:23pm On Jul 13, 2009
adetbaba:

@Trbrown: Not at all. I applied for Graduate role in IT. I guess they chose the telephone interview instead cos I am in Abuja and it'll be cheaper for them than to pay for my flight. They did same for another friend of mine here.

Hello adetbaba, I also applied for graduate role in IT and I've just been invited for an interview. What were your interview questions like? I'd greatly appreciate any tips to help me prepare well as i intend to give it my best shot! Pls reply here. Thanks.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by neroflick(m): 11:24pm On Jul 13, 2009
And to all others who have also been interviewed, what was it like? Pls throw my light on the scenario and possible questions. Thanks y'all.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by cizaleo(m): 6:25am On Jul 14, 2009
hi all

i'm not too comfortable with the response rate particularly from those that have had the interview, they seem to be on the quiet side, pls help with interview questions and experience, pls, what goes around, comes arounds.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by obamacain: 7:47am On Jul 14, 2009
In its the SRD - then it wud be a whole day event and u wud be given a case study and also a group discussion followed by a technical presentation
pls let me know if u need further clarifications - i was in PH last week for my SRD interview
all the best when is yours?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by obamacain: 7:50am On Jul 14, 2009
all thru the SRD - they wud be measuring you against CAR - Capacity, Achievements and Relationship
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by lee007(m): 8:18am On Jul 14, 2009
The Interview is pretty sharp, they ask you questions measuring your Capcity, Achievement and Relationship. I had my interview days ago. I heard some guys already got regret letters, am waiting for SRD.

The most important thing is for you to be confident and approch the questions asked with caution.
You can check online for shell interview tip!

All the Best. smiley
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by obamacain: 8:35am On Jul 14, 2009
@lee007 - are we sure that this SITP is for us? or wetin u think? I am yet to hear from them as i did mine last wednesday (SRD)
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by lee007(m): 9:46am On Jul 14, 2009
@ Obamacain

I applied for HR Position, am yet to have my SRD. I dont think the SITP is for us o, if it is no wahala God dey!

Dare to Dream!
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by neroflick(m): 10:22am On Jul 14, 2009
lee007:

The Interview is pretty sharp, they ask you questions measuring your Capcity, Achievement and Relationship. I had my interview days ago. I heard some guys already got regret letters, am waiting for SRD.

The most important thing is for you to be confident and approch the questions asked with caution.
You can check online for shell interview tip!

All the Best. smiley

What were your questions like? I was told I'd be given "the opportunity to analyse an issue that is current to global

companies (Capacity)". In your case, what issues did they propose? Pls help a brotha out ,
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by obamacain: 10:35am On Jul 14, 2009
@lee007 i applied for an IT Position
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by lee007(m): 11:55am On Jul 14, 2009
@ Neroflick
There were serveral issues ranging from the impact of information technology to the effect of increased energy needs and impact on the enviroment. I cant remember all the questions now, but i choose the one on energy.
I hope i was helpful.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by neroflick(m): 8:16pm On Jul 14, 2009
lee007:

@ Neroflick
There were serveral issues ranging from the impact of information technology to the effect of increased energy needs and impact on the enviroment. I cant remember all the questions now, but i choose the one on energy.
I hope i was helpful.

Thanks lee , pls keep 'em coming, as much as u can remember. I got my interview scheduled for Friday.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Trbrown: 11:20am On Jul 17, 2009
@ neroflick how did ur interview go.?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by toloruni: 8:00pm On Jul 17, 2009
@obamacain
God will move in ur favour.
please what dose the technical session look like.
@ all
Almighty God will not 4get us this is our season.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by lee007(m): 11:29pm On Jul 17, 2009
@ neroflick,
how did your interview go?

I got a response from them today, my SRD will be soon.

Cheers grin
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Corleonee: 6:30am On Jul 19, 2009
hi, i have a srd interview for an IT position. obamacain pls can u share ur experience at the srd with me. also how many days notice were u given before the srd? did they ask any tech questions (related to IT) thanks
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Trbrown: 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2009
@ Neroflick I thot after urs u wud be giving us a feedback on wot to expect. Kip it rolling.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by obamacain: 6:53am On Jul 20, 2009
@corle u wud start with the case study of a village and u wud be asked to come up with ur solns - u wud be given like 20 emails by someone u are standing in for and u wud be required to highlight the issues facing the community based on the emails and asked which u wud attend to first, then u wud have group discussions on a community project. They are looking at CAR (Capacity,, )

The last part wud be after lunch where u wud give a 15mins technical presentation of ur choice - based on that u wud be asked questions. The presentation wud be on something u have done before. say u be programmer u go talk abt that and the languages u code in, if na network u dey do too then u go give presentation on that as well. that wud last for like 45mins. all the best
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by obamacain: 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2009
hi all, just got a mail ds morning from them that I was unsuccessful at the SRD. all those yet to have theirs all the best.
cheers
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Trbrown: 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2009
@ obamacain d Lord will mk a way dont gv up. u bn very helpful.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by toloruni: 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2009
@ obamacain
it is never over until it is over ur miracle is coming in a big way,say a big Amen
@ all
God is still on the throne 4 his children lets keep d faith alive.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Corleonee: 8:41pm On Jul 20, 2009
obmacain, sorry oh, other opportunities will come up. for the presentation did u use power point slides? cheers
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by obamacain: 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2009
yes powerpoint slides - though we didnt project. just made copies for the panel. and u give ur presentation
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Trbrown: 6:52pm On Jul 21, 2009
apart frm lee 007 is der anyone in d hse dat applied 4 HR dat has bn called for interview?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Trbrown: 8:58pm On Jul 22, 2009
HR n d hse pls stand up.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by lee007(m): 8:55am On Jul 23, 2009
Hi everyone, is there any HR Invitee in the house pleaseeeeeee angry
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Trbrown: 9:54am On Jul 23, 2009
@lee 007 wen is ur SRD my application is still under review and some pple hv even done 2nd stage interview.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by lee007(m): 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2009
I guess soon, I got a mail telling me i will be contacted for SRD soon, am chilling,

Try God!
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Trbrown: 1:03pm On Jul 23, 2009
@lee 007 kudos Wish u all d best.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Trbrown: 3:53pm On Jul 24, 2009
y has everyone suddenly gone cold
@nerolick no feedback frm ur end?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by toloruni: 9:30pm On Jul 27, 2009
Got a letter from shell today telling me dt due to business review they r no longer going ahead with the recuritment.I say it is well, but i ask was anybody successful. As i said earlier if it is ours it will not pass us by.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by lee007(m): 9:37pm On Jul 27, 2009
@ Toloruni, I dont really understand? does that mean that they are suspending recruitment, they sent me a mail saying i will be invited for SRD soon undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prison Service (federal Ministry Of Interior) Requitment / The Difference Between A Resume And A Cv. I Bet You Didn't Know! / How Did You Get Your First Remote Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.