Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,193 members, 7,807,651 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

My First V6 ....pure Joy - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My First V6 ....pure Joy (5517 Views)

What Are Differences Between The 6-cylinder Engine And The V6 Engine? / 2017 Jaguar Xf Premium: A Joy To Behold / Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by ForFun: 10:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
king406:
The thing is u don't just meet a person on the road and start racing him, i don't think that proves that ur car is faster even if u pass him.

I dont race to proof anything, for me its for fun and if the conditions are safe, otherwise, i leave matter.
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 24, 2016
A DC i4 will smoke a Toyota Camry I4....even an EOD will...A V6 Camry can out perform a V6 DC...V6 Camry has the same hp with an accord V6 2008-above...However, the newer accord will win because of its better torque...better pick up! you can check out their performances on the net.....i4 Camry Na paper at top speed ooo...A friend and I did a race from Benin to Warri....I drove my Broda's EOD i4 2004 and he had a Camry 2007 i4....e couldn't cope when I hit 190km/HR and on a cruise control for about 6 mins...at the end of our journey, he confessed how light weighted his car steering was and almost lost control...whereas EOD felt so balanced! I think Honda is a little close to German cars when it comes to handling and stability.
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by ForFun: 10:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
king406:
We seriously need a race track somewhere in Nigeria.

I Concur.
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by ForFun: 11:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by king406(m): 12:10am On Jan 25, 2016
ForFun:
Watch and comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCDCIXbVrBs
never knew there was an E300, an E350 would have won that race hands down. Very impressed with the camry's i4 just a tad behind the accord v6. Massively impressed with the E300. 245hp and came second grin a v6 carmy would have won that race

1 Like

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by nurey(m): 7:58am On Jan 25, 2016
king406:
but a v6 DC is no match for a v6 muscles. Same goes for the i4 of both vehicles.

The thing is u don't just meet a person on the road and start racing him, i don't think that proves that ur car is faster even if u pass him. Why not plan a race with a certain person, that way both of u know u are racing to see whose car is the better machine.

I once met a man on the road in a 2012 E350 with my W203 sport, he was cruising around 160 kmh and I decided to drag with him, so I overtook him at 170kmh and he followed me up to 190kmh, by the time we hit 200kmh I left him behind, I got carried away until I noticed my digital speedo at 211kmh. My point is, this doesn't prove my car to be faster, there's no way, his car is not even on the same planet as mine. He might have just thought the speed was too much and he decided to stop following me, or he got scared, his car might not even be in the best of shape, maybe a bad tyre, or an engine defect, common spark plugs can restrict his cars performance, u wont know all these if u just meet a person on the road and start racing him. but the thing is there's just no way on earth a factory stock W203 can be faster than a W212 in best of shape. We seriously need a race track somewhere in Nigeria.

I have never been in a Accord EX-L which is the luxurious trim of accord but I can tell you, the accords have been in are better in build quality and interior finish compared to the camry mucle even the XLE I have seen. The only Whao camry muscle I have been in is a 2008 hybrid LE version which makes me think the I4 petrol are seriously stripped down. something about the camry dash isn't appealing even the 2013 no try at all but slightly better I just hate the ash/black interior.

Interms of performance, the 4banger accord is more responsive than camry to my knowledge.

Besides when you compare japanese cars Nissan is top followed by honda and then toyota, also look at their luxury division, the Infiniti always beat the lexus hands down while the Acura sometimes top or drag with lexus.

1 Like

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by princezino(m): 8:27am On Jan 25, 2016
I belive the race organizers tried to balance the playing field..with similar engine capacities..and other factors. I'm not surprised by how the Lexus reeled in the upstart Kia... Pure class.
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

you will be back
sorry.,but once u go for a v6.,trust me,u WONT go back to 4cylinders again..
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 25, 2016
Z
nurey:

I have never been in a Accord EX-L which is the luxurious trim of accord but I can tell you, the accords have been in are better in build quality and interior finish compared to the camry mucle even the XLE I have seen. The only Whao camry muscle I have been in is a 2008 hybrid LE version which makes me think the I4 petrol are seriously stripped down. something about the camry dash isn't appealing even the 2013 no try at all but slightly better I just hate the ash/black interior.

Interms of performance, the 4banger accord is more responsive than camry to my knowledge.

Besides when you compare japanese cars Nissan is top followed by honda and then toyota, also look at their luxury division, the Infiniti always beat the lexus hands down while the Acura sometimes top or drag with lexus.

You're so right! EOD i4 can smoke a Toyota muscle i4 comparing their Engines and performances. However, a V6 2007 Toyota muscle outperforms a V6 accord 2006-2007
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 25, 2016
king406:
Welcome to the club. But I hope u know u are a little too late. Four cylinder turbos are now replacing v6 engines. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I don't think so. V6 engines are not being replaced by four cylinders turbo but instead 4 cylinders are upgraded to balance the need for those who desire cars with minimal fuel consumption and performance. 2016 Accord (impressed with the accord 6-speed Auto) , Toyota, BMW and others have both the 4 cyl and 6 cyl engines available
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 25, 2016
ForFun:
NFS
you didn't tell us about the 2nd one, hope tis not two Cylinders?
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by ForFun: 2:48am On Jan 26, 2016
Bossforeva:
you didn't tell us about the 2nd one, hope tis not two Cylinders?

Which one?
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by king406(m): 4:45am On Jan 26, 2016
marshall4:
Z

You're so right! EOD i4 can smoke a Toyota muscle i4 comparing their Engines and performances. However, a V6 2007 Toyota muscle outperforms a V6 accord 2006-2007
no offence but u are deceiving urself.
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 26, 2016
ForFun:

Which one?
U said you bought two bro. Are they both V6?
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 26, 2016
king406:
no offence but u are deceiving urself.

Google is your friend. Compare their performances

Accord 2005 i4
Torque: 161 ft-lbs. @ 4500 rpm
Horsepower:160 hp @ 5500 rpm

Camry 2007 i4
Torque: 161 ft-lbs @ 4000 rpm
Horsepower: 158 hp @ 6000 rpm

1 Like

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by ForFun: 5:47pm On Jan 26, 2016
Bossforeva:
U said you bought two bro. Are they both V6?

Yes

The 2nd is a pacifica. Unfortunately USD don hook am for there.

Pacifica by the way is coming back next year to minivan market. 2017
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
king406:
never knew there was an E300, an E350 would have won that race hands down. Very impressed with the camry's i4 just a tad behind the accord v6. Massively impressed with the E300. 245hp and came second grin a v6 carmy would have won that race

I comot cap lexus i thought the benz would win that race hands down. grin
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by king406(m): 1:05am On Jan 27, 2016
dumo1:

I comot cap lexus i thought the benz would win that race hands down. grin
when I first saw it i thought it was an E350 and it was going to win, then I saw E300 that was when I knew it wasn't going to win, but if the race was longer it would have won,
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by benzmatic: 10:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
lol, another one confesses about these v6 hondas we have been shouting out to. pls get this car in good condition, and test drive it to the limit on a good road before you make any judgement about it. these cars are a secret, being daily drivers. when you drive them, you get this feeling like they can't be improved; the torque, the power, the steering, the automatic gearshifts, the way the engine carries the weight of the car, the interior, the way the seats support you, the suspension, and it still looks like a regular sedan. well done honda, that was a hit no doubt!!!

3 Likes

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by ForFun: 10:00am On Jan 28, 2016
benzmatic:
lol, another one confesses about these v6 hondas we have been shouting out to. pls get this car in good condition, and test drive it to the limit on a good road before you make any judgement about it. these cars are a secret, being daily drivers. when you drive them, you get this feeling like they can't be improved; the torque, the power, the steering, the automatic gearshifts, the way the engine carries the weight of the car, the interior, the way the seats support you, the suspension, and it still looks like a regular sedan. well done honda, that was a hit no doubt!!!

Yes Bro. Changed two more tires. It's about time. Wish I can do a video...
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by femi9naija(m): 6:25pm On Apr 04, 2016
How about the cost of v6 cars compared to the i4 parts? Learnt they are more costly

(1) (2) (Reply)

Engine Oil For Servicing Toyota Matrix / Thread For Honda Owners / P1155 - Pls Help With This Error Code On My Rx 300.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.