Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,125 members, 7,807,402 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason (18327 Views)

My Employer Does Not Want Me To Leave - Please Advice Me / My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me / I Was Slapped By My Employer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by samguru(m): 10:30pm On Jan 23, 2016
My fellow Nairalanders please what should I do?

I was fired on Thursday and no reason was stated in the termination of appointment letter.

Should I go to industrial court to seek redress or write the management to ask the reason why my appointment was terminated, because throughout my 2 months stay in the company I did not receive any notice of warning neither was involved in any fraud case.

Please what should I do?

I was employed as a subordinate under the head of a department in November last year,meanwhile before resigning my appointment in my former place of work,I was the head of the same department.

Right from day one in the new workplace,she started making my work difficult, she did not give me proper orientation and failed to attach me to a trainer,as a matter of fact she said to me and I quote " you should learn how to use company software in two days, in short you should be on your own in three days"

Everyday she makes life horrible for me, she hauls insults at me as If I was a greenhorn in the field. infact there was a day she said I was looking like a slowpoke, that I am too slow for her liking.
A month and some weeks later in the employment,she said she has done her assessment and submitted,that I scored zero in every area,that the fresh graduates perform better than me.

At that point,I sensed she was seeing me as a threat and for peace to reign,I called and tried to pacify her,she said she does not have anything against me.

and being new in the system, I have to learn how to use the software and office procedures,but this madam does not have soft spot for me on small mistakes,she always say this' you don't know anything you better go back to your former place of work'.
I got fed up and reported the matter to the HR,I was told to be patient with her and asked if I wanted redeployment which I said yes.

She relegated me to the state of nonentity by attaching me to an intern( to be assisting an intern).

When my appointment was terminated on Thursday, I was told to go and do clearance, to my amazement when I took my clearance form to her, she was not sympathetic at all rather she said "so fast" and signed instantly.

I knew my sack was orchestrated by her and I want justice for her wicked act.

please how should I go about it?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by adeememman(m): 10:33pm On Jan 23, 2016
sorry abt dat, you can get the best advice from ur lawyer

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by hijodedios: 10:35pm On Jan 23, 2016
Yes you have the right to seek redress if there is no cogent reason given for your sack.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by VampireeM(f): 11:00pm On Jan 23, 2016
Sincerely I do wonder why most of we Females are Evil.. She reminds me of my previous female boss... They will tell you they ve nothing against you meanwhile behind you they say and hatch all sort nonsense...

If you ve the will to sue her please do but meanwhile you can leave everything in God's hands and believe she has paved way for you to get to a higher and better place.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by tellwisdom: 11:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
On top the peanut wey dem dey pay u??....Omo use bottle, abeg angry

22 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by tellwisdom: 11:04pm On Jan 23, 2016
VampireeM:
Sincerely I do wonder why most of we Females are Evil.. She reminds me of my previous female boss... They will tell you they ve nothing against you meanwhile behind you they say and hatch all sort nonsense...

If you ve the will to sue her please do but meanwhile you can leave everything in God's hands and believe she has paved way for you to get to a higher and better place. I am a testimony

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by samguru(m): 7:54am On Jan 24, 2016
Thank you all for your contributions,I forgot to add this ,
When I noticed she was not at peace with me and didn't want me to learn,I stylishly attached myself to guy who taught me how to use the software,when she discovered I could use the software,she stopped giving me assignments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 24, 2016
I think u av right to take legal action against the unscrupulous termination of your appointment. don't jst back down provided u were not appointed through the back door.

lalasticlala help d Op

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by samguru(m): 9:58am On Jan 24, 2016
Maruf05:
I think u av right to take legal action against the unscrupulous termination of your appointment. don't jst back down provided u were not appointed through the back door.

lalasticlala help d Op
I entered through main door bruv.

Infact the HR begged me to take an xyz salary and when I went to pick my appointment they were convincing me to start immediate but I told them to oblige me 30 days notice to my former employer

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by coolhamid(m): 10:26am On Jan 24, 2016
From all you wrote, I can confidently tell you that the woman is behind the termination of your appointment.

What I will advice you is to leave everything in the hands of God.If truly she has wronged you, I believe she can't evade karma.

Have always pray to God that throughout my stay on planet earth, I don't want to be a subordinate to any, female in any work environment. Guess what ? God has always granted my wish.

I believe God will provide a better Work for you soon.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by rollUP(m): 10:27am On Jan 24, 2016
I dey come
Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by dammytosh: 10:28am On Jan 24, 2016
Look for another job.

1. It will be on record that you took your employer to court and it might hunt you in the future ?

2. They set your case null and void the time she gave you zero on performance. With that, no court will tell an employer to keep a non performing staff. (Not saying u are not)

Lesson :
Anytime you are given a terrible appraisal, fight it till u get what u deserve as they are simply preparing you for exit.

3. Remember the rule that says "Never outshine your master" always. You must have caused that threat with your approach. Remember you introduce yourself as head of the department you now second.

3. Just let it go and look before you leap next time.

All the company lawyer need to defend the company is simply the economic recession and the need to lay off non productive staffs (already documented against u by virtue of the last appraisal) to make the company a bit profitable.

Accept my sincere empathy and best of luck.

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by tpiar: 10:28am On Jan 24, 2016
adeememman:
sorry abt dat, you can get the best advice from ur lawyer
Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by tpiar: 10:28am On Jan 24, 2016
i dont know you, your boss or anybody involved in your saga.
Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by boboLIL(m): 10:29am On Jan 24, 2016
Baba move on.... Better options ahead....

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by Bankoleodewunmi: 10:30am On Jan 24, 2016
Sorry about that, he doesn't have to give u reasons..He could just claim redundancy. However, u re entitled to reasonable notice (usually one month ) or payment in lieu of the notice. If he didn't give notice, u can sue for wrongful termination.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 24, 2016
Go ahead. Beep me if you need any assistance
Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by Davidovinci(m): 10:30am On Jan 24, 2016
Op, if you can SUE HER A§§..what rubbish!

But be careful at the same time tho..You might make an enemy for life.
Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by kennyman2000(m): 10:31am On Jan 24, 2016
Hmmmmm.. This should be an eye opener for people who love changing jobs cos of little differences.

All the best bro!

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by orlaryhincah(m): 10:31am On Jan 24, 2016
VampireeM:

If you ve the will to sue her please do but meanwhile you can leave everything in God's hands and believe she has paved way for you to get to a higher and better place.
Ur monika
@samguru disappointment sometimes can be blessing. I believe soon you would share a testimony here

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by Pavore9: 10:32am On Jan 24, 2016
A lawyer is in the best position to advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by TheMainMan: 10:32am On Jan 24, 2016
tellwisdom:
.. What is wrong in that.. undecided

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by phantom(m): 10:34am On Jan 24, 2016
My brother,if you can,please see a lawyer.if you can get justice,please pursue the matter IF YOU CAN.
Employees in Nigeria are on their own.many people don't know that as you have consumer/customer protection,you also have employee protection.
Employers especially in the private sector in this country behave as they like.
A pity really!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by SPG4U(m): 10:34am On Jan 24, 2016
[size=20pt]Bro i will advice you just bone the work, and walk up to her, and ask her out,

tell her you will love to take her on a date

Come back to tell us what happens there after[/size]

meanwhile guys see this threaad on nairaland on the new way to cure stroke, obesity, burn fat, and obesity

https://www.nairaland.com/2844443/know-anybody-down-stroke

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by asids55: 10:35am On Jan 24, 2016
So fast?? omo dat woman mean u gan..are you sure you where not screwing her daughter?
Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 24, 2016
go for it. and squeeze the company for every last penny they've got in damages.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by TheMainMan: 10:35am On Jan 24, 2016
from the little experience have gathered so far from HRM which says...

A employer must have a good reason for dismissal and a dismissal must be carried out fairly, otherwise the employee may have a personal grievance claim against the employer....

Bro.. U are a star.. As someone said let this be a steppin for u to step up to greater heights.. Sueing them is a waste of time and money.. And even if u eventually win the case.. I cn assure u that u wont be convenient there and they cn always find another means to get u out....

Forget it bro and move on.. just see it as one of those experience u have to pass thru to get to the top.. All is well...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by mubarak001(m): 10:37am On Jan 24, 2016
Go for 3days fasting and prayers on ur knees...u will become her boss in no time...trust someone gaf similar testimony after dis encounter.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by glossy6(f): 10:39am On Jan 24, 2016
Employers don't state the reasons for disengagement to avoid legal issues. Moreover the employment letter must have stated that either party may terminate the appointment by giving a specific notice period before or after confirmation.

All the same, a good lawyer would help you sort this out. Iy they don't need your services you shouldn't have been lured out of your former job.

Good luck as you fight this injustice. I feel your pain.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason by Pressidoo: 10:42am On Jan 24, 2016
get the best lawyer not those quack lawyers, you have a better case with the best lawyer and the worst case with quack lawyers because they will milk you dry without making any sufficient point @court

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Quantity Surveying A Good Career In Nigeria / Banking Sector: Hnd Graduates Vs B.sc Graduates. / Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.