Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,406 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony (17997 Views)

Twin Sisters Healed Of Insanity At Dunamis. Enenche & Wife In Tears (Photos) / God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem / Ex-Mad Woman Becomes Choir Mistress After 35 Years Of Insanity (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by seangy4konji: 10:16am On Jan 24, 2016
Brother. I can categorically tell you that what happened to your sister was frustration and depression. I swear to God it usually happens suddenly as I was once in that shoe. God saved me and I started also by staying in my house all day,watching movies and drinking asking God but why me cos no job,nothing and seems whole world was just against me.

All of a sudden I started hearing voices in my head but I was normal on the outside and answer people well. My dressing changed and would go out anyhow still thinking I was ok till one day the voice told me to bring all my money and stuff to iwo road and my laptop and if I don't have money I should just come. My saving grace that day was that I located the house of my dads Alfa as he is a Muslim but the voices would not let me be as I was detouring from where he was sending me.i spoke till morning after he prayed for me but it was all jargon a and horrible hallucinations.i mean terrible. The man packed my load away from my house that day and I returned home I spend the next one month in my dad's bed without leaving the place and just sleeping and watching tv and receiving calls. The voices left me after three days an went for counseling in college hospital to forget this I don't have job and don't wanna rob issue or my friends are married and I should just be hopeful. Believe me or not that one experience always does a little damage to the brain but now I have left everyone and travel far from home,I go out socially,watch football,gist with people and try to engage myself with social activities and always trying to do something now so as never to get frustrated or depressed again.

Nigeria is a bad country and if you are not careful,you won't know when frustration and depression sets in. May God help us and May god give your sister everlasting peace and comfort.

I am ok and doing fine now and hopeful to God to grant the needs of my heart.

Glory be to God.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by DavidEsq(m): 10:18am On Jan 24, 2016
Junior66:

a ritualist came to one of my church branches in Kogi State to give his life to Christ. after he was prayed for the pastor prayed on his ritual materials and burnt them. do u know that the pastor ran mad right there in the church immediately he set fire to the shrine? Do u think it is just incidental? I dn't! i know a guy who went mad because of a similar issue. As soon as his shrine started burning he started pulling his clothes and ran out of the Church. He is now a full-blown mad man. I even saw him yesterday.
The pastor is an over-sabi pastor. I believe the bible which says "u shall trample upon scorpions and snakes and none shall hurt u". Recall that incident of the madman in the bible whom those scam guys tried delivering and got their clothes shredded by the madman and their eyes and faces punched to a twisted visage.
Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by Endtimesmith(m): 10:19am On Jan 24, 2016
Please re-summarize your testimony in the remixed version vividly,before my data bundles will be exhausted by just reading a paragraph of these present day testimonials....thank you.
Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by Analysiscorner: 10:19am On Jan 24, 2016
Junior66:

a ritualist came to one of my church branches in Kogi State to give his life to Christ. after he was prayed for the pastor prayed on his ritual materials and burnt them. do u know that the pastor ran mad right there in the church immediately he set fire to the shrine? Do u think it is just incidental? I dn't! i know a guy who went mad because of a similar issue. As soon as his shrine started burning he started pulling his clothes and ran out of the Church. He is now a full-blown mad man. I even saw him yesterday.
So sad. So, what help have you all rendered to him for his healing?

1 Like

Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by Junior66(m): 10:24am On Jan 24, 2016
Analysiscorner:

Please have you gone to the psychiatrist since 2013?
yes sir. we initially took her to a mad people's home run by a Rev'd father (herbs and prayers). She was there for months till she recovered (at least 90% sanity). We now visit Fed medical centre lokoja every month for check-up. Her problem is that even though most times she is close to normal (she doesnt fight or shout) she losses her sanity totally at times. she has even made her way from home more than twice and was on her way to
lagos before she was retrieved. na long story o. we just deffered her skuling for one session. she is a final year student.
Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by TomLepskie(m): 10:25am On Jan 24, 2016
Well written and educative, got some points from your write up, good job, congrats to your sister.

1 Like

Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by Junior66(m): 10:26am On Jan 24, 2016
Analysiscorner:
So sad. So, what help have you all rendered to him for his healing?
The pastor died a few months lata. The other guy is still mad.
Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 24, 2016
waice6571:

May be you need a short trip down to Group Medical (a hospital) at Mokola round about in Ibadan and see for yourself their watch word.
WE CARE BUT GOD CURE.

God Loves you and cares for you. thanks.
what if the lady died.. would u still attribute It to ur god?

4 Likes

Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by Analysiscorner: 10:29am On Jan 24, 2016
Junior66:

yes sir. we initially took her to a mad people's home run by a Rev'd father (herbs and prayers). She was there for months till she recovered (at least 90% sanity). We now visit Fed medical centre lokoja every month for check-up. Her problem is that even though most times she is close to normal (she doesnt fight or shout) she losses her sanity totally at times. she has even made her way from home more than twice and was on her way to
lagos before she was retrieved. na long story o. wone just deffered her skuling for one session. she is a final year student.

God will heal her in Jesus Christ's name! Amen!

3 Likes

Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by seangy4konji: 10:29am On Jan 24, 2016
I just read the first thread you created and yes that was a spiritual attack.

Glory be to God it is in the past and she shall see nothing like that again in the mighty name of God.

Lots of wicked people roaming the earth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by ademiD(f): 10:29am On Jan 24, 2016
thank God she's healed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by Analysiscorner: 10:30am On Jan 24, 2016
Junior66:

The pastor died a few months lata. The other guy is still mad.
Very sad indeed!
Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by Junior66(m): 10:32am On Jan 24, 2016
DavidEsq:

The pastor is an over-sabi pastor. I believe the bible which says "u shall trample upon scorpions and snakes and none shall hurt u". Recall that incident of the madman in the bible whom those scam guys tried delivering and got their clothes shredded by the madman and their eyes and faces punched to a twisted visage.
Am just trying to say that evil spirits are still alive and working although fetish people will even blame a razor blade cut on the Devil. If u come from Igala land in Kogi state everybody blames everytin on the devil. Most igalas do not believe that anytin happens naturally, cant blame my people though becos they still rely on juju for everyting. the death of our state governor blamed on Juju too. mtcheeew.
Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by Junior66(m): 10:35am On Jan 24, 2016
Analysiscorner:
tnx bro.
Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by Junior66(m): 10:35am On Jan 24, 2016
Analysiscorner:
Amen! tnx bro.
Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by JaneJoanJohn(f): 11:04am On Jan 24, 2016
krattoss:
lol.. in so far as I an happy for u and ur sister.. that doesn't stop me from airing my own view....

firstly.. when ur sister was in her unusual state.. u said ur mom was praying. noting happened until a doctor resuscitated her.

some pastors came to pray nothing happened only for same psychiatrist to heal her.

now u giving glory to works of pastors and prayer warriors now exempting the said doctors and psychiatrist who were the main character that did the job.

happy for u guys thoor.
Read properly!

1 Like

Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by 0gbeni(m): 11:15am On Jan 24, 2016
Thank God for your sister's life bro, so happy your family decided to seek psychiatric help instead of taking her to a church or babalawo ,mental illnesses are more common than we think and we should all be alert to their signs and symptoms.. and pls advise your sister to be compliant with her medications and clinic attendance ,relapses can be brutal..
Personally, i don't believe there's any spirit that causes any illness, sick people are just sick and can get better with medication..

1 Like

Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by Objectives: 11:33am On Jan 24, 2016
floragregs:
what is wrong with you? Can't you people just allow others to believe in God? How does it affect you? Yes! I believe in God, move on with your own life and stop trying to make people be confused like you!

No need to be upset.
Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by taurus25(m): 11:46am On Jan 24, 2016
god heals the sick but he has to wait for scientists to discover the cure for diseases before he heals them.
god is all powerfull but has to chill for doctors to treat before he comes and steal the glory for their effort.
how deluded can people get?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by ValentineMary(m): 11:53am On Jan 24, 2016

It is indeed a thing of joy that ur sister is now better. But God be praised, I don't think so.

While opening this topic, I thought I would see another funny story of pastor coming to pray and ur sister speaking in languages that only the pastor understood and a visible evil spirit leaving ur sister. But it is just another physical occurance attributed to a metaphysical being. The very fact that the pastors, ur mother, you and fellow nairalanders prayed and yet nothing happened until the doctors came around simply means that God (if he exist) had no role to play in her healing. Have u not wondered why the million other sick people who pary are not heard? because prayer is a psychological exercise just ment to make us feel better and detach us from reality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 24, 2016
0gbeni:
Thank God for your sister's life bro, so happy your family decided to seek psychiatric help instead of taking her to a church or babalawo ,mental illnesses are more common than we think and we should all be alert to their signs and symptoms.. and pls advise your sister to be compliant with her medications and clinic attendance ,relapses can be brutal..
Personally, i don't believe there's any spirit that causes any illness, sick people are just sick and can get better with medication..
ogbeni u are right,op please suffice it to say God gave man knowledge and wisdom to make medications and that is a miracle on its own,even in the Book of Revelations the Bible said concerning the world to come that "the LEAVES are for the healing of the nations", if that is so how much we in this present age?patients stopping their medications in d name of faith or a pastors advice is a common problem in the medical world especially among epileptic,diabetic,psychiatric px and patients with cancers,it worsens their conditions in the long run

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by lanre316: 11:55am On Jan 24, 2016
krattoss:
what if the lady died.. would u still attribute It to ur god?

No. That one belongs to the devil. God and devil always take the glory and the blame respectively. Man is not responsible for anything whatsoever.
Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 24, 2016
lanre316:

No. That one belongs to the devil. God and devil always take the glory and the blame respectively. Man is not responsible for anything whatsoever.
dont u think the devil should be thanked when good things happen for not getting on our way? Iand god blamed for allowing the devil get on our way?
Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by Mamatee07: 11:59am On Jan 24, 2016
Thank God for your Sister's life and healing. i'am glad you guys took her to a medical professional and were not going from Church to Church for diliverance. Prayer is good , God gave us medicine for a reason also. As for Nigerian police, na wa o, zero empathy angry

1 Like

Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
JaneJoanJohn:
Read properly!
do u have anything in common with the daura dulad?
Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by lanre316: 12:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
krattoss:
dont u think the devil should be thanked when good things happen for not getting on our way? Iand god blamed for allowing the devil get on our way?

Valid point. But the religious people would never never reason along this line.
Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by henrinco(m): 12:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
One of the problems we have in this country is that most people neglect their mental health until it becomes debilitating. Make sure you see a psychologist at least twice in a year.
Mental illness is hereditary.... If your sister has it. Make sure you have an expert on speed dial.
Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by Alexk2(m): 12:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
Wow.. I'm so happy reading this testimony today. In fact, this already made my week special. My brother, God did it all and I pray that this testimony shall be permanent in Jesus name; your sister will look back and laugh out hard @ the devil.
You already turn to pastor within a year Bro.

I cannot but re-echo this part of your advice to everybody
(b)Nothing is worth the stress. If you die from stressing
yourself while trying to get something, you still won't get it.
So why the stress? Everything has got its own time &
season, what is yours will surely come to you at the right
time without too much stress. (/b)
Guys, there are two thing you shouldn't worry about in this life
1. What you can't change: if you can't change it, pray it unto God and leave it there... Don't ever trouble your mind over it cause worry/depression/restlessness won't ever make any positive difference but rather will leave it's negative scares.
If you are short, celebrate it because you can't change it and your height is never a function of who you are.
You don't have a job yet after you've done all you need to do, worry won't help the situation but your postive/optimistic attitude can go a long way.
Your parent aren't Dangote: that's a fixed deposit.... And that won't change even if you kill yourself over it. Your present state should be a blessing/an advantage not a curse, stop the worry and let God care for you.. "cast your anxiety on Him because He cares for you"_1 Peter 5:7.

2. What you can change; if you can change it, go ahead and make the necessary change instead of wasting time in sleepless nights.
" be very careful, then, how you live_not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity....... " eph.. 5;15.

If you can avoid troubles your mind over the above two things, then you'll well and merrily without care for the rest of you life.

2 Likes

Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
Junior66:

my elder sister has this same problem. as i type ryt now ours doors are all locked. hers began in december 2013 and has really never gone. pls pray for us too. i rejoyce with you and ur family.
have you people taken her to the Hospital?

1 Like

Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by CioAngels(f): 12:50pm On Jan 24, 2016
May His grace continually abide with her. She is totally healed, as God said so.

1 Like

Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by Junior66(m): 1:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
Raymondenyi:
have you people taken her to the Hospital?
of course. At present Federal Medical Centre Lokoja.
Re: God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony by apolonius(m): 1:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
naijainstinct:
The entire month of January 2015 was hell for me & my family. Before the event that took place that month, I used to think that the mad people roaming the streets were all victims of drug abuse, alas I was wrong.

I'll love to use this opportunity to say a very big THANK YOU to the members of Nairaland family who kept on encouraging and praying for me throughout that difficult period. @shegsrules, @menix, @yorex2011 @lastmessenger, @dorox, @tranglatar, @twosquare @GoldCircle, @Orex @adexsimply, @haibe. You guys were awesome. May God continue to bless & lift you.
I cannot say enough thanks to @alexk2 and @tranglatar. These are guys I have never seen in my life yet they encouraged me like a blood brother. May God bless your hearts & grant all your heart desires this year and beyond in Jesus Name. Amen!

I created this thread www.nairaland.com/2083522/please-advice-sister-needs-urgent on the 9th of January 2015 when I desperately needed advice from experienced & wise Nairalanders. Although the thread never saw the frontpage, the little advice and prayers I got from the few who commented were more than enough to push me through.

It's over a year now and I'm delighted to share the testimony of how my sister was delivered from insanity. True to the comment of one of the God-sent Nairalanders on the previous thread, my sister had been battling with depression for a while and was trying to use religion as a succour. Her sudden withdrawal from everyone was a sign of depression but we mistook it for trying to be closer to God. To cut the long story short, the climax of the whole experience was on the 10th of January 2015 at about 11:05pm. Earlier that evening, my sister returned from church and was muttering some incoherent words to herself that made me really suspicious but she acted normal. Even when I asked her questions, she answered very well. Mum had retired to bed and I was in my room reading comments/advice from the previous thread about her issue. I heard strange noises from the sitting room/kitchen but I assumed my sister was probably trying to clean up the dishes and return some other stuff like water into the fridge. I was very wrong. Not until I heard a loud bang that I jumped up from bed and ran to the sitting room, what I saw shocked me to my marrows. Right there was my sister with a knife in one hand and an electric kettle on the other (it was with these she made the loud bang), her clothes (the one my mum gave her to wear) were torn to shreds & she was almost completely unclad. She had torn the sofa with the knife, pulled out a wall lamp by force, poured out all the contents of the standing fridge and chest freezers, torn open the bag of rice, smashed all the crates of egg on the wall, went to the store and poured the cement I kept on herself, sliced the yams, fishes and potatoes in the kitchen, poured disinfectant all over the kitchen, bursted open the bag of garri, shredded a part of the matress in her room & even tore the wrapper her little daughter who feel asleep while watching cartoon in the palour used to cover herself, infact a part of the house was upside down.

I couldn't believe all that happened while I was fully awake in my room (though my door was shut & the sound system was quite loud). At this time, my mum woke up and joined me in the sitting room. I quickly grabbed the knife and kettle from her and locked her arms to her back in a bid to overpower her. Mum was praying and crying and even slipped (because the mixture of rice grains, water, smashed eggs, turkey wings/laps, tomato paste etc made the tiles very slippery and difficult to walk on. We were confused on who to call or how to manage the situation. I tried asking her what was wrong with her and why she turned the house upside down, her response was that she was looking for her academic credentials (she had earlier burnt all her credentials). When my sister realized I won't release her arms, she was becoming aggressive. She was saying all sort of meaningless things and begging me to release her to go outside. She kept seeing all the cartoon characters on TV as herself and even thought the grains of rice scattered on the floor were a multitude of people. embarassed

By the grace of God, a doctor was able to sedate her by 12:37am. By that time, I was exhausted, frustrated, scared, shocked and sad. I just couldn't find the right words to console my mum. She was devastated. Needless to say we could not sleep till dawn. Each time my sister woke up from her deep sleep, we got scared of what her next reaction will be. It took days and extra hands to clean up the mess in the house. To shorten the story, after pastors came to the house to pray, we took her to a psychiatric hospital and she was on drugs for months till her condition improved. Today, she is doing very well and even works with a multinational organisation (through the help of a friend).

I learnt several lessons from this sad event which I'll like to share:

Which hospital was she treated at?Share as such info may be useful to someone else on here.Quality mental care is not abundant in our country o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Jesus Needed To Be Born By A Virgin / Pastor W.F. Kumuyi @ God Embassy's 17th Anniversary in Ukraine / Luciferean Series I: Understanding Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.