Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,751 members, 7,806,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction (66609 Views)

Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) / Two Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lagos (Photos) / Land For Sale-Ibeju Lekki, The Dubai of Africa. Site Inspection is Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by shizzy7(f): 12:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
Is Lagos the only state in Nigeria?
Out of 36 and FCT....shior...

1 Like

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by Amberon11: 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
ooo
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by mandarin: 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
DerKaiser:
Lol. Pipe Dream.

Concept arts and computer graphics are awesome things, aren't they? Lmao.

With oil price crashing into the earth's core, only heavens know where they are going to leech off the money to carry out these imaginary projects from.

Only a matter of time and Lagos would devolve into the likes of its neighbouring states like Osun, Oyo, Ogun and so on.

The mainland is gradually swallowing the islands and it is bringing with it its poverty and dilapidation.

*yawns* Anyway dreams and imaginations cost nothing.

Lets pray that oil recovers. If oil fails to recover most of the growth in Nigeria will come around Lagos and the dwindling effects of the oil economy will tell more on oil bearing areas like Porthacourt, Akwa Ibom, and Delta.
Lagos has evolved into a regional hub and more than 60% of manufacturing and commerce revolves around Lagos.
What keeps a place like Porthacourt going is the oil , so while I can't divorce the effect on Lagos, the level of impact will be low on Lagos

7 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
My only grouse with this project is that its going to be in the middle of atlantic ocean....if there is an ocean surge people will die,please I don't want to hear technology will solve it...some things are natural,don mess with nature!!!...nice edifice though.may God grant us Long and fulfilled life to see its completion.....God bless Nigeria
burj Arab was also built on water.before these could be built,there was already plan for surge and the rest,that's why we have soil and water engineers

5 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by unamadso: 1:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
With the way things are going, this will be completed in Oduduwa
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by benson730: 2:02pm On Jan 24, 2016
Using federal funds abi?
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by daveP(m): 2:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
As usual, anytime you hear Lagos these days, it specifically refers to Lagos Island!! This stereotyping is becoming too much. Is the Mainland now worthless for investments?

Funny enough, when disasters happen, its the mainland they'l run to 1st for safety.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by anonimi: 2:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
What percentage % of Lagos STATE looks like this?
Where will the workers come from since the rulers of the state in the last 17 years gave no regard to education?
When shall we focus on HUMAN capital development in addition to the focus on physical development that is sustainable?

MathsChic:
Some days ago, I was at a secondary school in Surulere (across the bridge from the Island) in Lagos for a friend's event where he is educating secondary students about the perils of peer pressure. I honestly wasn't expecting what I saw as the state of this secondary school.
It left me wondering if this was a school or a dump yard. Why in heaven's name are Nigerian leaders looking the other way while the young ones study in this sorry environment?

The attached pictures are what I saw. This is no secondary school. It's a hopeless shanty. I hope this gets to front page and attracts the necessary attention.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124804_20151126164323_jpeg933998a57f8c28234ccaa665d2fefc46

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124836_20151126163829_jpeg3798e0f98a572b323f9b9ab93cf4eb74

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by WaffenSS(m): 2:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
Castles in the air.

Literally.

Without a sound energy sector all these will forever remain VIRTUAL REALTY

3 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by bolaji3071(m): 2:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
Beautiful....

Jesus is Coming soon o, please repent and turn away from your evil ways.
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by Software202(m): 2:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
waoh! Mighty structures

1 Like

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by Modsenemy(f): 2:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
daveante28:
Don't count your chickens before they hatch

Bad belle.

I like u jare

2 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by 1miccza: 2:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
kayfra:

It's called creating an enabling environment for such projects to thrive.
Doofus grin
And this was Tinubu's doing right?? Y'all need ya brain checked
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by shamecurls(m): 2:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
So this graphics re the development.......lolx grin grin grin
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by omojeesu(m): 2:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
It may sure turn to Dubai. But it would be owned mostly by foreigners and 'omo onile' will mostly gratefully be the servants.
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by henrydadon(m): 2:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
not bad

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by optional1(f): 2:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
Abeg enough of all dis designs show us d real buildings
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by BABANGBALI: 2:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
no wonder those people from biafra call it small London and cant resist coming to live there grin grin grin

#teamomoyorubaatata

5 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by Boss13: 2:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
kayfra:
Great foresight by Lagos State leaders especially Tinubu.

They need to get an off grid power barge to ensure constant electricity.

Eko oni baje o

Now Oyo state, do something and make use of your population!!!

Excuse me please. This is a private initiative by the owners of Eko Hotel. Our government is a never do well government. Their thinking is how to steal

1 Like

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by ba7man(m): 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
DerKaiser:
Lol. Pipe Dream.

With oil price crashing into the earth's core, only heavens know where they are going to leech off the money to carry out these imaginary projects from.

Only a matter of time and Lagos would devolve into the likes of its neighbouring states like Osun, Oyo, Ogun and so on.

The mainland is gradually swallowing the islands and it is bringing with it its poverty and dilapidation.

E be like say e pain you wella. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by banmee(m): 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
The suit does not make the man. No amount of "dubai" structures can change the Nigerian psyche. If you bring everybody in America to Nigeria and transport everyone in Nigeria to America, after a while, Nigerians in America will be applying for visas to come back to Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by omojeesu(m): 2:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
southniyikaye:
burj Arab was also built on water.before these could be built,there was already plan for surge and the rest,that's why we have soil and water engineers

May you not see the wrath of nature!

Who are engineers against nature?
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by holluwai(m): 2:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
Exactly!!!!

daveante28:
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by DIVINE78: 2:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
daveante28:
Meaning what?
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2016
I'm disappointed...... OP gerrouthere gerrouthere menh grin
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by vicraven(m): 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
Bullshite!why are we seeing this lubbish?? lagos turning to dubai?? why didnt they start from ajegunle,or ikorodu?? why eko atlantic and ikoyi? the only people who need to see this are the political thieves, so dissapointed in seun and his mods
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by arsenal33: 2:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
Dubai ko, Dubai ni....just an oasis

ejigbo, ayobo, mushin, alimosho etcccccc

upgrade the real lagos
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by Emekamex(m): 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
More reason for over population.
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
DerKaiser:
Lol. Pipe Dream.

I heard las gidi was broke and FG had to borrow on its behalf...So where is all this fund coming from...i think i buy your idea bro...i suspect graphics too
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by DIVINE78: 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2016
DerKaiser:
Lol. Pipe Dream.

A very big shame on you.
May whatever you wish Lagos come into your life unless you've never in one way or the other benefited from the development of Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by sage2(m): 2:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
kayfra:
Great foresight by Lagos State leaders especially Tinubu.

They need to get an off grid power barge to ensure constant electricity.

Eko oni baje o

Now Oyo state, do something and make use of your population!!!

With ND gas?
Re: The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction by OAFMods: 2:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
8 years Fashola has only scanty building to project about this project.

Amobode 4 years is gradually slipping away with even less to show.

EkoRail is still a pipe dream after 16 yrs of Tinubu n Fashola.

My believe is in as much as PDP is not an option n should never be an option ACN AD AC N APC have all defrauded Lagosians n Nigerians for too long in Lagos.

Fashola's trillion dollar debt does not correspond to the scanty project Lagosians have been fooled with while Tinubu and Ambode have nothing to show.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Checkout The Tallest Building In Nigeria{pictures And Record Details} / Landlord Warns Against Wearing Trousers Or Shorts In House In Enugu / House Of Architect Who Demolished Enugu Airport Fence Destroyed By Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.