Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God (4050 Views)

5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days / Top 6 Pastors That Are Heavily Involved In Politics / Catholics Don't Worship Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by MrMelvin(m): 6:37am On Jan 24, 2016
#NoGodNoLife

http://www.melvinjewel.com
TheOffical DataBundles and BulkSMS website; where Beautiful people sub YAB!

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by menesheh(m): 6:53am On Jan 24, 2016
And the most important one is that there is no evidence that such god exist, therefore makes it irrelevant and vapid exercise to worship a/the god

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by oglalasioux(m): 6:56am On Jan 24, 2016
menesheh:
And the most important one is that there is no evidence that such god exist therefore makes it irrelevant and vapid exercise to worship a/the god

I totally agree. Your reason is the one and only one.
Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 24, 2016
God himself is so busy being unreal.
Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by johnydon22(m): 7:53am On Jan 24, 2016
There are thousands of Gods ever conceived by humanity, the main reasons being that these Gods are assumptive and not evidential and therefore needs stoic convictions to be believed... there are just some set of people who lack such simplistic dishonesty it takes to imagine up fairies and waste their life worshipping it...

If there are things worth worshipping then it should be things that are evidential like parents, wife, children..

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by kristen12(f): 8:40am On Jan 24, 2016
No reason is good enough not to worship God.
Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by johnydon22(m): 10:05am On Jan 24, 2016
kristen12:
Do you think if there is such a thing as an all powerful, all knowing, all good, all perfect entity, it will need your worship or anybody's?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by emmyskies(m): 10:14am On Jan 24, 2016
Reasons or no reasons, there shalt be no excuse in the last day
Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by virginboy1(m): 11:03am On Jan 24, 2016
I believe there is a God, though no evidence I just have that latent Faith. But I am skeptical about the concept of Hell Fire.

2 Likes

Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by virginboy1(m): 11:04am On Jan 24, 2016
kristen12:
Subjective reasons
Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by virginboy1(m): 11:05am On Jan 24, 2016
emmyskies:
Reasons or no reasons, there shalt be no excuse in the last day
1000years ago where were you?
Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by bxcode(m): 11:45am On Jan 24, 2016
johnydon22:
Do you think if there is such a thing as an all powerful, all knowing, all good, all perfect entity, it will need your worship or anybody's?
Do you believe that someone who loves you requires to be loved back also?
Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by johnydon22(m): 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
bxcode:

Do you believe that someone who loves you requires to be loved back also?
Hahahahaha so God is begging for our love too? Chai... God is such a tiny cute entity

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by bxcode(m): 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
johnydon22:
Hahahahaha so God is begging for our love too? Chai... God is such a tiny cute entity
If you beg someone to love you, will that person really love you back the way you love him or her?
Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
johnydon22:
There are thousands of Gods ever conceived by humanity, the main reasons being that these Gods are assumptive and not evidential and therefore needs stoic convictions to be believed... there are just some set of people who lack such simplistic dishonesty it takes to imagine up fairies and waste their life worshipping it...

If there are things worth worshipping then it should be things that are evidential like parents, wife, children..

Continue. Anti Christ. There is no God but you wont stay off religion section.
Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
johnydon22:

The evidence of God is on the seat of my conscience, it captures the attention of my entirety. It is an overwhelming truth. Simple and complex. It has refused to bow to your shallow and faulty understanding of things. Your loss.

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by johnydon22(m): 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
Speechless3:
The evidence of God is on the seat of my conscience, it captures the attention of my entirety. It is an overwhelming truth. Simple and complex. It has refused to bow to your shallow and faulty understanding of things. Your loss.
Hahahahahahaha this is just Aaaaaw... What a breathe taking evidence. If you find out why the evidence of a supposedly independent existential entity is all buttered in your emotion (conscience) as you put it then you will realize just how non-evidential that is because emotions has no weight on existential status of a subject.

Whether you are so profoundly emotional about the existence of Unicorns, no matter how hard you try to believe it, will never make it true..

Quite the reverse, it is your lose

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by johnydon22(m): 12:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
Larryfly:

Continue. Anti Christ. There is no God but you wont stay off religion section.
Lmao... Don't forget to call me Anti-Muhammed, Anti-Brahma too..smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
johnydon22:
Lmao... Don't forget to call me Anti-Muhammed, Anti-Brahma too..smiley

Pro devil.
Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by johnydon22(m): 1:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
Larryfly:

Pro devil.
chai shotiocopoprnmatatabe shobobsohobo.. Mmmm am moving in spirit.. Amen!!

Thanks bro

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
johnydon22:
chai shotiocopoprnmatatabe shobobsohobo.. Mmmm am moving in spirit.. Amen!!

Thanks bro

Yea.. Demonic spirit
Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
johnydon22:
Hahahahahahaha this is just Aaaaaw... What a breathe taking evidence. If you find out why the evidence of a supposedly independent existential entity is all buttered in your emotion (conscience) as you put it then you will realize just how non-evidential that is because emotions has no weight on existential status of a subject.

Whether you are so profoundly emotional about the existence of Unicorns, no matter how hard you try to believe it, will never make it true..

Quite the reverse, it is your lose
This is the most ignorant thing i will be reading today: that my unchanging moral sense of right and wrong is equal to my ever changing emotion. Loooooool People need to start reading inbetween the lines of your epistles.

Sweetheart if your conscience is different from every other person's there is no need arguing cos we are never gonna arrive at a unison.

For us to know which is right and wrong, we must have one basis of ascertaining that. Our inbuilt sense is the generally accepted basis. I cant further this talk on a varying "know how" of things.
Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by johnydon22(m): 1:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
Speechless3:
This is the most ignorant thing i will be reading today: that my unchanging moral sense of right and wrong is equal to my ever changing emotion. Loooooool People need to start reading inbetween the lines of your epistles.
And here we go, Morality is a societal construct.. Morality is a product of human empathy which also is a human emotion..

You see who the ignorant one is?wink

Sweetheart if your conscience is different from every other person's there is no need arguing cos we are never gonna arrive at a unison.
But it is, morality being a product of distinct societies in determining their acceptable societal actions differ in every society.

Human morality is subjective because am quite sure the moral outlook of present day humans is drastically different from primitive humans.

Am pretty sure the moral outlook in the Kalahari is different from the one in Nigeria..

So i think it's time you read and understand in between the lines of my epistles not only read them..

For us to know which is right and wrong, we must have one basis of ascertaining that. Our inbuilt sense is the generally accepted basis. I cant further this talk on a varying "know how" of things.
For us to know what we consider right from wrong always are in reflection to the outlook of our default society.

It is morally wrong to have sex in many societies and while in others it is a normal human behaviour with no moral value attached.

So get your facts straight and go grab me some real evidences... Morality can never be used to argue for an abstract entity...

Evidence of Horses are Horses not hairs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
johnydon22:
And here we go, Morality is a societal construct.. Morality is a product of human empathy which also is a human emotion..

You see who the ignorant one is?wink

But it is, morality being a product of distinct societies in determining their acceptable societal actions differ in every society.

Human morality is subjective because am quite sure the moral outlook of present day humans is drastically different from primitive humans.

Am pretty sure the moral outlook in the Kalahari is different from the one in Nigeria..

So i think it's time you read and understand in between the lines of my epistles not only read them..

For us to know what we consider right from wrong always are in reflection to the outlook of our default society.

It is morally wrong to have sex in many societies and while in others it is a normal human behaviour with no moral value attached.

So get your facts straight and go grab me some real evidences... Morality can never be used to argue for an abstract entity...

Evidence of Horses are Horses not hairs

First of all, morality is not a societal construct but an inherent composition of man put there by the Alpha and Omega. How do i know? It is not taught or forced upon any man by society but simply makes itself known with maturity. And a pointer to it, is nothing more than creating awareness of its presence.

Why do you agree that stealing is wrong even from childhood. Is it because your dad, mum, aunt, granny said its so? No honey. It is because you have a sense that tells you which is correct and which is not. If the society was not aware of this sense of judgement inside of you it would either not bother at all or subject itself to very big work. People would have to follow you around from infancy to your death bed because they are not sure of you. And those following you would have people doing same to them. Funny right? but that is what would happen if God had allowed the society do his work.

Secondly, morality is not subjective but objective. No society celebrates immorality. And all of them make laws that agree with our conscience. None celebrates basic evils like murder, cheating, lying etc. You should ask why they all go in one direction as regards this matter and you will see we have a carefully designed CPU in us all.

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by urahara(m): 2:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
johnydon22:

For it will know it's perfect and won't need anyone to boost his or her ego
Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by CoolUsername: 4:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
Speechless3:

First of all, morality is not a societal construct but an inherent composition of man put there by the Alpha and Omega. How do i know? It is not taught or forced upon any man by society but simply makes itself known with maturity. And a pointer to it, is nothing more than creating awareness of its presence.

Why do you agree that stealing is wrong even from childhood. Is it because your dad, mum, aunt, granny said its so? No honey. It is because you have a sense that tells you which is correct and which is not. If the society was not aware of this sense of judgement inside of you it would either not bother at all or subject itself to very big work. People would have to follow you around from infancy to your death bed because they are not sure of you. And those following you would have people doing same to them. Funny right? but that is what would happen if God had allowed the society do his work.

Secondly, morality is not subjective but objective. No society celebrates immorality. And all of them make laws that agree with our conscience. None celebrates basic evils like murder, cheating, lying etc. You should ask why they all go in one direction as regards this matter and you will see we have a carefully designed CPU in us all.

Eh, I'm not sure you can say that the conscience is the same for everyone. Let's look at the ancient Aztecs for example, they were a society with a large number of gods that they worshiped. One of their main modes of worship was human sacrifice, they would slaughter a virgin girl and sacrifice her heart to the gods. That was what they knew and that was celebrated in their culture.

Then, let's look at serial killers and paedophiles, some of them don't believe that anything they're doing is wrong in any way. Some would tell you that it's better to marry a 9 year old than for a 21 year old to have premarital sex.

So for you to say that the conscience is evidence for God is wrong because different people have a different sense morality. Many are even in direct conflict with others (for example, I think paedophilia is always wrong).

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by Oluwaseytiano(m): 4:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
CoolUsername:

Eh, I'm not sure you can say that the conscience is the same for everyone. Let's look at the ancient Aztecs for example, they were a society with a large number of gods that they worshiped. One of their main modes of worship was human sacrifice, they would slaughter a virgin girl and sacrifice her heart to the gods. That was what they knew and that was celebrated in their culture.

Then, let's look at serial killers and paedophiles, some of them don't believe that anything they're doing is wrong in any way. Some would tell you that it's better to marry a 9 year old than for a 21 year old to have premarital sex.

So for you to say that the conscience is evidence for God is wrong because different people have a different sense morality. Many are even in direct conflict with others (for example, I think paedophilia is always wrong).
spot on , perhaps she has forgotten that the darkest moments in human history were inspired by religion
Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by ValentineMary(m): 5:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
MrMelvin:
#NoGodNoLife

http://www.melvinjewel.com
TheOffical DataBundles and BulkSMS website; where Beautiful people sub YAB!
@

You missed a seventh reason there. Maybe because he does not exist.
Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by taurus25(m): 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
virginboy1:
I believe there is a God, though no evidence I just have that latent Faith. But I am skeptical about the concept of Hell Fire.
hehhe thats how atheism starts......keep on asking
things would become clearer to u

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by virginboy1(m): 8:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
taurus25:
hehhe thats how atheism starts......keep on asking things would become clearer to u
Why are your lots so subjective about things like this? Even the Bible said, "my people perish for lack of wisdom"
Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by taurus25(m): 8:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
virginboy1:
Why are your lots so subjective about things like this? Even the Bible said, "my people perish for lack of wisdom"
ooh same bible says Ecclesiastes 1:18 For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief.

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Reasons; Why People DON'T Worship God by H2Ossss(m): 10:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
johnydon22:

u are 1 of the atheist I respect, you actually have intelligent post... the rest are just wanna be atheist/rascals who just feel its cool to go against the norm... ill like to ask a simple question though... cuz real atheist become that way by asking reasonable questions that others might be too scared to ask... My question is.. Who made you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) / HEAVEN : The Perfection Of Heaven - John MacArthur / There Is No Black Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.