Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) (37363 Views)

Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? / Dry Season Fluted Pumpkin (Ugu) Farming Step-By-Step Practical / Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
Keep it up .. Post completed pics when ready @ Op
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by T4taiwo(m): 7:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
Poultry business.
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by sedorf247(m): 7:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
call me on 08063773748....for guidance..... am also into poultry business
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by vareal(m): 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
Monito the direction of the sun. Set the wider part of the farm toward the rizin nd settin of the sun. Do proper clean up. U need a vet. As I can see, is close to a bush, protect them frm external intrference. Feed them we'll . Not wen to replenish thast atleast four mnths to a festive period, good lk

1 Like

Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by texazzpete(m): 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2016
Addicted2Women:
This is someone who doesn't depend on the government for anything or lick the ass of an employer to get a job.

I wish there are many Nigerian youths just like you.
I wish you the best.

Just because you once had to kiss ass, it doesn't mean everyone has to be like you.

You do realize he will eventually become an employer and have employees?
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by TheRealAdonye(m): 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
cry cry cry

LastMumu:
Your Gp is way beyond redemption. cheesy
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by Addicted2Women: 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
texazzpete:

Just because you once had to kiss ass, it doesn't mean everyone has to be like you.

You do realize he will eventually become an employer and have employees?

I hire people like you

1 Like

Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by piagetskinner(m): 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
The foul smell of poultry farms makes me reconsider going in the business
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by Johncuppa(m): 8:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
phemmyutd:
looking forward to the day I will start my own farming. seriously planning toward it
Myself too. God's willing, agribusiness is a must.
#teambuildingnigeriaeconomy
we will get there

1 Like

Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by Tolakay: 8:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
BNLR:
I had been motivated in recent time to do more exploit in the poultry biz after my first attempt with just 20 cockrels and presently with 10 layers in one of my vacant room.

I need your advice on how i can make it more lucrative and also not using it to disturb my neighbours. I will also appreciate any concept i need to put in place to make it conducive for any type of bird i want to put inside in future.

The size of the pen is just 10ft by 20ft. The present stage is just in one week (only me). I just realised i need to provide the space for Door
" also not using it to disturb my neighbours" ? How do farmers in the house treat poultry waste in oda not to affect neigbours
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by Dekadet(m): 8:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
Where do u reside and how much do u buy ur feed, i can sell u cheap feed with high ( very high) quality. Are u into broilers or layers let me know asap.

1 Like

Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by AreaFada2: 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
Good one dude. Though I made a fairly big loss a few months back, it's still good business. Take vaccination seriously. Do it at exact right time.

2 Likes

Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by kyrianmarine(m): 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
That's good,hustling naija boys.but make sure u assess d environment to avoid predators n start small,not more than 50 birds.

1 Like

Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by kossyablaze(m): 8:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
WeedSeller:
To the mod wey ban me..# undecided Morceau de merde

Aint surpirse na igbo mod ban me;for em mind em b dey defend em people..# c'est rien que
de la merde. ..

Your tenure go soon end
NL mods na yorubas.
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by texazzpete(m): 8:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
Addicted2Women:

I hire people like you

Sorry bro. You can't afford me cheesy
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by Opoki(m): 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
I love your spirit. Keep it up bro but do enough research on your marketing strategy, where your end products goes to.

The above is one of the problem we often faced especially if you wanna cut off the middle men.

Goodluck.
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by Originalsly: 8:55pm On Jan 24, 2016
Very good tips by Varela and Areafada...take them very seriously. For me... you don't have much space to run a big farm... you have neighbours that you would upset more with more stock..so I suggest you raise about 50 birds... and I suggest broilers. Instead of just killing them and selling them off...I suggest you add value to the meat by either selling it seasoned/spiced or cooked. But that depends on your location... if you're in village area...wouldn't work... got to be in a city area with people plenty like ants!
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by chocolateme(f): 9:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
ladyF:
Nice one grin

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again oooo grin grin grin
madam, happy new year, where have you been? How things?
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by bigiyaro(m): 9:27pm On Jan 24, 2016
God bless your hustle.
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by emzila(m): 9:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
BNLR:
I had been motivated in recent time to do more exploit in the poultry biz after my first attempt with just 20 cockrels and presently with 10 layers in one of my vacant room.

I need your advice on how i can make it more lucrative and also not using it to disturb my neighbours. I will also appreciate any concept i need to put in place to make it conducive for any type of bird i want to put inside in future.

The size of the pen is just 10ft by 20ft. The present stage is just in one week (only me). I just realised i need to provide the space for Door
I like your determination, where are you? let see whether we can go into partnership.
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by gifted2020(m): 9:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
Dekadet:
Where do u reside and how much do u buy ur feed, i can sell u cheap feed with high ( very high) quality. Are u into broilers or layers let me know asap.

whre do u reside bro?
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by gifted2020(m): 9:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
emzila:

I like your determination, where are you? let see whether we can go into partnership.

I really need partnership, but am in Abuja
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by FRANKOXY(m): 9:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
Beware of snakes on this kind of location.
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by babamajor: 9:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
There is no better time than now, its even better wen u dont have big capital cus the little money u wil invest now is not somtin that can ruin ur life, so if u start small u wil learn how to fall nd rise quickly.
If its just 10 or 20 broilerz u can start wit start now.
If space is d problm look for used tires nd start wit 20 to 50 snails cus one its chesper to raise nd expensive to buy so u wil make so much profit frm raising them nd guess wat u dont spend much to feed them cus they eat anytin vegetables whic u dont even av to buy pawpaw leaves nd left over foods but u must be careful wit dat cus too much salt in the food can kill them.
They eat in a night only so u av time to do other thingd so jus come in evenin to giv them food.

2 Likes

Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by Intendy: 9:50pm On Jan 24, 2016
Integrityfarms:
Despite not the days of thy little beginning. Thats how we all started till where we are now. Farming is worth the labour and costs invested. Be more disciplined, innovative and read vast. Since we could get it right I assure you that you will do better. Keep it up bro
pls bro. edit it's despise not despite
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by toluwaniyahoo(f): 9:51pm On Jan 24, 2016
How can you prevent bird flu
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by babamajor: 9:51pm On Jan 24, 2016
Cockrels are the male chickens that are reared for sales durin festive period.
Layers are d females reared for d pupose for layin eggs.
Pen is d house where chicken lives.

Can you educate us on the following:

what is a cockrels?

what is a layers?

What is a pen?

Thanks[/quote]

1 Like

Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by PromiseJonah(m): 9:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
Nice work....

tongue SOFT WORK
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by Tobbey(m): 10:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
I'm loving this... Also have the interest in this
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by babamajor: 10:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
[REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD START CHICKEN
tosongolabeaty:
5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD START CHICKEN POULTRY FARMING THIS YEAR ! Why Choose Poultry Farming?
One of the reasons behind the dramatic rise of poultry farming in Nigeria is the non-dependence on educational background. Every citizen can practice the occupation, irrespective of his or her educational status.
The profession can also be pursued with limited capital and resources, but huge return on investment is assured, if you are meticulous and diligent in how you set up and run your operations.
Another reason for the rising success of this field is the growing rate of chickens. A chicken becomes fully-developed and matures quite faster. For instance, a goat takes a time span of 2-3 years to mature completely, but within 28 weeks from birth, a chicken can reach a fit state and size that it can be sold at market.
Let’s take a deep look into the benefits of poultry farming in Nigeria
1. Reproduction Rate of Chickens: Business in Poultry Farming in Nigeria never leaves you bare handed because you never run out of stock. An average chicken hatches eggs almost every day and four times in a week. Some breed of chickens can produce around 325 eggs a year. By this account, your chickens will produce one egg a day that you can sell every day of the year. leaving out some dry days. If these figures are anything to go by, a chicken can give birth to another chicken twice in three days. Talking bigger, if you breed 500 layers, they will reproduce an astounding 12,000 chickens within a time gap of just 40 days.
2. Chickens Mature Faster: As discussed earlier, a baby chick becomes a full-grown, egg-bearing chicken in a jaw-dropping 28 weeks. This means a pullet is ready to be sold in market as a full-feathered chicken in just seven months. Taking into account such a fast-development process, a farmer can reap returns on investment within 34 weeks of the farm being in operation.
3. Large Markets: The demand for chicken never dies. In fact, it is always there and increasing. In Nigeria, a chest of smaller eggs is purchased for N500-N550, while the bigger ones demand an asking price of around N600-N650. A crate contains 30 eggs. Therefore, you will be receiving approximately N300,000 if you have 500 healthy chickens.
4. High Value, Good Price: Without a doubt! Raising your own flock of chicken will make you realize how lucrative poultry farming is in Nigeria. A customer in Nigeria can easily shell out N2000 – N2500 for a fertile layers chicken. Multiply the amount with the cost if you have 12000 layers in your farm. Now do you see how lucrative poultry farming is in Nigeria?
An old layer chicken in Nigeria costs around N1000 to N1200. If you had 500 old layers, you can make up to N600,000 residual income. Then use this money to reinvest to buy a new younger and more fertile flock of layers chicken. Every 12 to 24 months you can continue this cycle for continued success.
A 7-week broiler sells for N100.00 to N1200.00. A broiler aged 12 weeks and above will sell for N3000 to N4000.
4. A Rich Source of Protein: Poultry products are a tremendous source of protein, and a key nutrient for a healthy mind and body. Protein is essential for body functioning, energy and muscular development. Also, poultry products are delicious, great in taste and can be used in a range of Nigeria, African and worldwide dishes. For these reasons alone, it is safe to say that the demand for poultry products will never diminish.
For me, poultry farming is the best bet if your considering entering the lucrative world of agriculture. Do you agree with the points that I’ve made in this post? Please share your thoughts and any experience you have had with poultry farming(thanks for reading and your comment #prophet_TOSIN_olabode)
POULTRY FARMING THIS YEAR ! Why Choose Poultry Farming?
One of the reasons behind the dramatic rise of poultry farming in Nigeria is the non-dependence on educational background. Every citizen can practice the occupation, irrespective of his or her educational status.

The profession can also be pursued with limited capital and resources, but huge return on investment is assured, if you are meticulous and diligent in how you set up and run your operations.

Another reason for the rising success of this field is the growing rate of chickens. A chicken becomes fully-developed and matures quite faster. For instance, a goat takes a time span of 2-3 years to mature completely, but within 28 weeks from birth, a chicken can reach a fit state and size that it can be sold at market.

1. Reproduction Rate of Chickens: Business in Poultry Farming in Nigeria never leaves you bare handed because you never run out of stock. An average chicken hatches eggs almost every day and four times in a week. Some breed of chickens can produce around 325 eggs a year. By this account, your chickens will produce one egg a day that you can sell every day of the year. leaving out some dry days. If these figures are anything to go by, a chicken can give birth to another chicken twice in three days. Talking bigger, if you breed 500 layers, they will reproduce an astounding 12,000 chickens within a time gap of just 40 days.

2. Chickens Mature Faster: As discussed earlier, a baby chick becomes a full-grown, egg-bearing chicken in a jaw-dropping 28 weeks. This means a pullet is ready to be sold in market as a full-feathered chicken in just seven months. Taking into account such a fast-development process, a farmer can reap returns on investment within 34 weeks of the farm being in operation.

3. Large Markets: The demand for chicken never dies. In fact, it is always there and increasing. In Nigeria, a chest of smaller eggs is purchased for N500-N550, while the bigger ones demand an asking price of around N600-N650. A crate contains 30 eggs. Therefore, you will be receiving approximately N300,000 if you have 500 healthy chickens.

4. High Value, Good Price: Without a doubt! Raising your own flock of chicken will make you realize how lucrative poultry farming is in Nigeria. A customer in Nigeria can easily shell out N2000 – N2500 for a fertile layers chicken. Multiply the amount with the cost if you have 12000 layers in your farm. Now do you see how lucrative poultry farming is in Nigeria?

An old layer chicken in Nigeria costs around N1000 to N1200. If you had 500 old layers, you can make up to N600,000 residual income. Then use this money to reinvest to buy a new younger and more fertile flock of layers chicken. Every 12 to 24 months you can continue this cycle for continued success.

A 7-week broiler sells for N100.00 to N1200.00. A broiler aged 12 weeks and above will sell for N3000 to N4000.

4. A Rich Source of Protein: Poultry products are a tremendous source of protein, and a key nutrient for a healthy mind and body. Protein is essential for body functioning, energy and muscular development. Also, poultry products are delicious, great in taste and can be used in a range of Nigeria, African and worldwide dishes. For these reasons alone, it is safe to say that the demand for poultry products will never diminish.

For me, poultry farming is the best bet if your considering entering the lucrative world of agriculture. Do you agree with the points that I’ve made in this post? Please share your thoughts and any experience you have had with poultry farming(thanks for reading and your comment #prophet_TOSIN_olabode)[/quote]

U hav spoken more like a consultant than a farmer. I like ur courage nd interest in d business but bear in mind that agriculture is neva a one plu one business, so u must always prepare for a shock nd pls dont invest all u have into d business becuase of d uncertainty. Natural disaster can occure at anytime nd u must av somtin to fall back on to quickly rectify the problem. This is not to discourage u but to prepare ur mind for d future bcus i av over 15years expirence in d business of poultry nd dont let profit be d main reason while u are goin into d business but rada intrest, bcus profit mit not come as expected as u tink but wit zeal nd determinations u wil be successful in d business.
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by olupapparazy(m): 10:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
I jus can't wait to collect my pali from Unilorin "@nytn dey gime I wil collect" nd launch mysef into d world of agric or will pple stop eating
Re: My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) by macklef(m): 10:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
tosongolabeaty:
5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD START CHICKEN POULTRY FARMING THIS YEAR ! Why Choose Poultry Farming?

For me, poultry farming is the best bet if your considering entering the lucrative world of agriculture. Do you agree with the points that I’ve made in this post? Please share your thoughts and any experience you have had with poultry farming(thanks for reading and your comment #prophet_TOSIN_olabode)
Intresting. Am intrested.

But how much does this chicks cost? Broilers n layers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Harvest From A Nairalander's Peasant Farm (pictures) / Imo Government To Revive ADAPALM Plantation (photos) / Anambra Begins Vegetable Export To The Uk (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.