Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars (61654 Views)

Meet The Man Who Tried To Sell His Testicle For $35K To Buy His Dream Sports Car / The New 2018 Volvo XC60 Is One Of The Safest Suvs Ever Made / 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Osakah24(m): 12:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
That Nedu guy is a busy body,FYI Innoson CEO could have established his factory in China and be bringing the cars into this country as foreign products,let's commend someone for even trying,at least he creates employment for some people,Isn't that why politicians take our stolen money to UAE and DUBAI ?.smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by beautyerhu86(f): 12:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
dammy13:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-nSrvKYhvA6c/VqR5szWzx7I/AAAAAAAANJE/-dx9TARepPw/s1600/NIGERIA%2B1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-MMlVBjgz9SI/VqR5t6494uI/AAAAAAAANJI/a1F1hHHxJ3Y/s1600/NIGERIA%2B2.jpg[/img]

A guy, NEDU, visited the compound of Innoson's Chairman in Nnewi and saw all the big cars the man is using, but his Made-in-Nigeria cars was not among. Why? See the company's reaction...

[img]http://2.bp..com/-1IIfy-YkkKg/VqR5uV0AxHI/AAAAAAAANJU/Tm7Tmq_MD3U/s1600/TWEET%2B1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-xlB2T9jRny8/VqR5vEZ-nvI/AAAAAAAANJc/-aznKPymQ3o/s1600/TWEET%2B2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-QR2Rv2DFvu0/VqR5v8MUUlI/AAAAAAAANJk/5qxMordQkxk/s400/TWEET%2B4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-Ns0c6UMlE1U/VqR5wuAoXZI/AAAAAAAANJs/0lKab-NPIFA/s400/TWEET%2B3.jpg[/img]

Is it right for him to be using Toyota and Range Rover? Why not use his cars exclusively to encourage us?

http://yarnvibes.com/innoson-motors-chairman-drives-foreign-suvs-want-us-buy-cars/

That reminds me of my former working place. It is a supermarket in lagos. The man also has a water factory, yet his wife will tell us to encourage customers to buy the water but meanwhile she doesn't drink the water. If it is not nestle or eva water, then she is not drinking. You can imagine people asking us what is wrong with her? If you can't be proud of your product by showing them to us to lead as examples, then i am sorry to say that I can't be a party to your game. Its like cooking and storing the food in your fridge and you still go out there to eat. What is that suppose to mean?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
obinna222:
Even D CEO of BMW drives a Mercedes Benz.

It's not a crime.

The CEO of BMW does NOT produce BMW. And BMW is an established brand, that needs very little promotion or publicity to grow.

That's the difference.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by harsysky(m): 12:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
Dio1:
He drives 3 of his cars, if that's not good enough , then I don't know. You can never satisfy Nigerians. The Nedu guy probably has never had any intention of driving an Innoson Product. John Chen(CEO Blackberry)s wife uses a Samsung , it's no big deal.

Tell me , "how's the market for blackberry now?" I believe everyone is entitled to their own choices, but to start a business newly and you ain't showing people why they should go for it, menh, it's not good!

Lemme ask you, my friend, this question: " if you were Innoson , would you still drive other cars knowing fully well your car has not broken the market? Don't you know that the first and over all marketer of a new product is the owner? God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by shumuel(m): 12:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
If this is true then he his a Joke, at least let your product be out there competing well in the market before using someone else's products, mtcheeeew! Come o, is Ben Bruce still using that his Electric car ?

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
And who cares

Obviously YOU do, otherwise you wouldn't have clicked on the thread title, and bothered to post what you did.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by aluko360(m): 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
Even Tommy Hilfiger still wear Giorgio Armani suits.

There are times you'll need to try out other brands too.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by theshaderoom: 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
Bad for publicity. Toyota executives would never drive other brands

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by slimikenna(m): 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
why do Nigerian criticise and complain about everything? A shoemaker is allowed to buy designer shoes too.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by flokii: 12:23pm On Jan 24, 2016
doesn't really matter if you ask me..

buh dat guy claimed he didn't see any innoson brand in his house.. now that's bad
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
Jobia:
okay okay

Thank you, Jobia. I knew you'd understand. wink
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by specco(m): 12:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
The poster might hv been one of the locals who has an axe to grind.
Innoson Chairman mainly drives his exotic IVM cars but also has a couple of other brands for variety sake (back up) if you like. Haba poster why beefing this rare Smart Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 24, 2016
harsysky:

Tell me , "how's the market for blackberry now?" I believe everyone is entitled to their own choices, but to start a business newly and you ain't showing people why they should go for it, menh, it's not good!

Lemme ask you, my friend, this question: " if you were Innoson , would you still drive other cars knowing fully well your car has not broken the market? Don't you know that the first and over all marketer of a new product is the owner? God bless Nigeria.

Thank you, my friend. Your analogy is spot on.

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Ijaya123: 12:27pm On Jan 24, 2016
It is obvious he lack confidence in his own product. Bad PR.

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by omolola15(m): 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
He has the right to drive other brands na.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by sarutobie(m): 12:31pm On Jan 24, 2016
I swear it the nigerian man ( and the black race in general) is genetically programed to hate and pull down his own very self! this phool showed no tangible evidence of his claim and even if it was true so what? state governments like delta state for example patronize his vehicles for their mass transit schemes, so who gives a f@#$ about an individual's unverified and inconsequential claims? gosh the way Nigerians behave sickens my stomach sometimes.

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by timunstopable: 12:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
I know a man working with Nestle top guy there.If he is at a wedding and there is no pure life water he will rather take soft drinks or sometime if he is close to the people he ll donate cartons of pure life .Against their ethics 2 drink any water apart from nestle pure life

An executive working in Coca cola will never drink Pepsi

4 Likes

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by harsysky(m): 12:34pm On Jan 24, 2016
Siena:

Thank you, my friend. Your analogy is spot on.
Thanks. I'm glad it does.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by nwachi1404: 12:34pm On Jan 24, 2016
Innoson plz be careful of the kind of people you allow into your house. some people are envious of your achievements.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by agabaI23(m): 12:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
lalasticlala, Seun, Myd44

I think the title of this thread is misleading. Some people are commenting based on the title without even reading the twitter exchange.

The nedu guy was corrected by the Innoson. Does it mean that if he did not see his Innoson brand that innoson does not use it?
This is demarketing

The cars he builds are not as luxurious as the Range sports he mentioned, does it mean he should not enjoy his success?

This thread should be retitled in my Opinion

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
If any serious car manufacturer ceo had cars other than those of his company the competition would have a field day.

If Toyota was setting up shop in Nigeria, that would be a great ad for them. Even our competition use our cars. .

Who wants an unsafe Chinko car that cannot face naija roads?

Certainly not Bros innocent

3 Likes

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by billyG(m): 12:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
obinna222:

It's not a crime.
Their case is diff.in naija here is a man that is trying 2 convince naija 2 buy his innoson cars.if he cnt sell his car in naija 1st nobody in d world will buy it.

2 Likes

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
The guy is a busy body.....
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
timunstopable:
I know a man working with Nestle top guy there.If hr is at a wedding and there is no pure life water he will rather take soft drinks or sometime if he is close to the people he ll donate cartons of pure life .Against their ethics 2 drink any water apart from nestle pure life

An executive working in Coca cola will never drink Pepsi

Rubbish... There is. More to life than this....
Just because he is working with a particular company?
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by 2mNaira: 12:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
Dio1:
He drives 3 of his cars, if that's not good enough , then I don't know. You can never satisfy Nigerians. The Nedu guy probably has never had any intention of driving an Innoson Product. John Chen(CEO Blackberry)s wife uses a Samsung , it's no big deal.

It became a big deal when she went to a company organised function with him.He ended up.seizing it.

3 Likes

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
There are 2 ways to look at this

1) Innosons are cars for the masses. As a man of means that he is, if he is producing cars for the affluent and not driving one of his then you can criticize him. what I'm saying is, It's not like he makes mercedes but drives BMW or drives a chinese brand instead of INNOson.

on the other hand

2) you could say it means that Innosons are really cheaply put together Chinese cars assembled in Nigeria with a different name and that the man who assembles them himself does not have enough confidence in the safety and reliability of his own product to make them his only means of transport and so why should anyone else buy them?

Personally, (and sadly) I think it's a reflection of what we all know, while we may want to patronize made in Nigeria, Innosons are cheap brands that will probably fail any 1st world safety test and no one (even the owner apparently) wants to be the human guinea pig so enter at your peril!!!

True story: I once went to a pharmacist to buy a cough syrup the brand which I shall not mention but very popular i have been taking since I was young, she gave the the foreign one and I said "no give me the local one made in Nigeria" after all is cough medicine not cough medicine? and she said it's not about the money (the difference was only N300) but when you buy a foreign branded product you can be sure they follow due processes, you never know what compromises have been made in a made in Nigeria product....her words not mine. She said, "I am a pharmacist, I know what our people do, I don't buy made in Nigeria for myself".

So it's one thing to say buy made in Nigeria, it's another to actually produce quality products that people can have confidence in and if you dont drive your own cars.........neither will I.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Dcanio: 12:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
Mr CEO sir every car maker drives is own car produced by his or her company...you don't expect the CEO of Ford driving innoon motors but Ford ..that's not an excuse

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 24, 2016
obinna222:

It's not a crime.

stop pushing out silly absurdist lies

http://www.bmwblog.com/2015/11/06/bmws-ceo-stays-loyal-to-diesels-by-driving-a-2016-730d-as-a-company-car/

And to put your mouth where the money is Krueger now drives – as a company car – a 2016 BMW 730d. The diesel unit powering the BMW 730d and BMW 730Ld models is a 3.0 liter unit and has a total output of 265 hp. Peak torque is now 620 Newton meters (457 lb-ft). Fuel consumption and emissions are considerably lower than the previous model thanks to a reduction in weight, improved thermodynamics for the turbocharging system with VNT technology and a new common-rail direct injection system whose piezo injectors now generate a maximum pressure of 2,500 bar.

how can you expect the CEO of a company to use his competitor's products?

3 Likes

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by docadams: 12:50pm On Jan 24, 2016
obinna222:
It's not a crime.
I hope you know the damage it did to the image of BMW.

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
anyway, i'm not interested in buying an innoson car.

its a rebranded chinko car built to standards that will not pass muster in any country that takes lives of its citizens seriously

i wish anyone who wants to buy one good luck, considering the endorsement of the owner of innoson,

2 Likes

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Intendy: 12:54pm On Jan 24, 2016
Mike adenuga uses mtn line even before advent of glo and he's still using it for reasons best known to him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED / Ghana Has Kantanka Automobile, Nigeria Has Innoson (PHOTOS) / Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.