Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars (61665 Views)

Meet The Man Who Tried To Sell His Testicle For $35K To Buy His Dream Sports Car / The New 2018 Volvo XC60 Is One Of The Safest Suvs Ever Made / 2 Reasons Nigeria Policemen Like To Stop Suvs At Checkpoints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by IyfeNamikaze(m): 5:29pm On Jan 24, 2016
oyb:

it can't be helped if you are little better than an illiterate

there is no real difference between innoson and most big diesel generator sellers

they brand them jubaili, sakr etc, but they are mostly knocked down fg wilson perkins engine generators.

thank me for teaching you something today smiley

you clearly have zero idea of teh difference between running a manufacturing concern and an assembling concern

you also have very little idea of business beyond trading which is why the concept of building consumer confidence in your brand is alien to you.

rather you jump on your howling ibo master tribe train and start wailing.
lol.. you're indeed an illiterate in modern manufacturing. what do you know about car manufacturing? you think Tesla batteries are produced by Tesla or that Benz engines are produced by Benz? my god you're really an illiterate.

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by christopher123(m): 5:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
oyb:

kindly stop highlighting your crass ignorance

this is not a beer parlour

you completely fail to realise that innoson merely imports knocked down parts and assembles them

he has no say whatsoever in the design process of the vehicle. the entire process - designing, specifying the parts, drawing up bill of materials, sourcing for suppliers, prototyping, building, testing, he is not in that loop.

he is simply a trader, representing GAC, who actually do all of the things mentioned.

it is unfortunate that you are a simpleton who thinks manufacturing is simply assembling cars like lego blocks .

you are symptomatic of what nl has fallen to.

typical illiterate who thinks are car is simply a 'piece' to sell, and has no idea of the process by which the car comes about

that may be why innoson is leery of driving his cars full time.

indigenous chinese cars today are cheap copycat knockoff of western models with substandard parts and bypassing of numerous safety standards.

What is written in innosson engine ..it is ivm ..that I know for sure

But what gave you manufactured or branded

You just sit your ass and critic some dude that is making impact ..and I guess that you have never produced anything in your life

Maybe you think that production is producing everything

Do you know that rolls Royce produces engines for Boeing air crafts

Why am I in this discussion with you

Pls go watch Tom and Jerry ..you know absolutely nothing about outsourcing and modern manufacturing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by christopher123(m): 5:31pm On Jan 24, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:
lol.. you're indeed an illiterate in modern manufacturing. what do you know about car manufacturing? you think Tesla batteries are produced by Tesla or that Benz engines are produced by Benz? my god you're really an illiterate.

Why don't you ignore that guy..maybe he thinks that Gucci produces the jeans that they sew or that he thinks that Samsung produces the batteries and screens if their phone

That guy is just terrible ..pls ignore him

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
kolnel:
That's wrong publicity
It's just like drinking star lager beer and you work in Guinness Nigeria or smoking Marlboro when you work in British American tobacco
It shows he doesn't have any confidence in his brand new wheel barrows

You work for INDOMIE factory, you no go eat another food abi ?

Or Dangote no go chop anything apart from Dangote noodles..

Smh..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by IyfeNamikaze(m): 5:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
oyb:

kindly stop highlighting your crass ignorance

this is not a beer parlour

you completely fail to realise that innoson merely imports knocked down parts and assembles them

he has no say whatsoever in the design process of the vehicle. the entire process - designing, specifying the parts, drawing up bill of materials, sourcing for suppliers, prototyping, building, testing, he is not in that loop.

he is simply a trader, representing GAC, who actually do all of the things mentioned.

it is unfortunate that you are a simpleton who thinks manufacturing is simply assembling cars like lego blocks .

you are symptomatic of what nl has fallen to.

typical illiterate who thinks are car is simply a 'piece' to sell, and has no idea of the process by which the car comes about

that may be why innoson is leery of driving his cars full time.

indigenous chinese cars today are cheap copycat knockoff of western models with substandard parts and bypassing of numerous safety standards.

oga your ignorance is annoyingly disturbing. for your info, a large portion of the innoson cars are produced locally... the body, tires and some parts of the engine and battery. leave brown roof republic and go to the factory and see for yourself. wait a minute, what was I thinking? Yoruba go always be Yoruba.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by aprokomania(m): 5:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
Jobia:
All the cars in the pictures are IVM so where is the evidence ??
Besides an IVM twitter whatever is clearly correcting the misconception.. Mods atleast scan through threads before moving them to fp undecided

@op, asif u have money to even buy IVM bicycle undecided
the picture is just an illustration. it's not his house.
try and gather brain
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by aprokomania(m): 5:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
Dio1:
He drives 3 of his cars, if that's not good enough , then I don't know. You can never satisfy Nigerians. The Nedu guy probably has never had any intention of driving an Innoson Product. John Chen(CEO Blackberry)s wife uses a Samsung , it's no big deal.
and it's so big a deal you had to hear about it. if it was no big deal she was using Samsung it wouldn't have made the news. think for once.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by muktarmtt(m): 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
whirlwind7:
Well, that he owns Innoson doesn't mean he should dump his other cars now, does it?

Someone from Innoson had replied that the man drives the Landmark SUV. Actually, it will cost him very little to drive and maintain any brand of Innoson vehicles because servicing and spare parts replacement would be very easy for him. He is the one person with the most confidence to use this brand, due to this convenience. That's simple logic.yeah but he most drive atlist one of his made cars

Dild you expect ALL the vehicles he drives to line up for your inspection because you visited his home?

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Henovy: 5:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
GogetterMD:
That my daddy has a pure water factory doesn't mean I shouldn't buy bottled water when I'm out.
But what do I know undecided lipsrsealed
Perfect analogy menn!

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by AlPeter: 6:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
Lezzlie:
No personal feelings attached but I observed several lapses by the OP.

Firstly he said he went to the CEO's house and saw his fleet of cars. So he wasn't even driving it around.

Secondly, OP only provided us with pics of innoson's cars on display and the models used by FRSC without providing pics of the foreign cars the CEO is supposedly driving around.

Thirdly, the title of the thread reeks of personal attack and lack of objective report. This is Nigeria's home grown auto industry and it should be a source of national pride and not made a subject of ridicule by subjective reporting.

I have been driven in one of the pickups by FRSC and it drives well, but the model wasn't having persenger airbag. It was a point I noted and pointed to the Sector commander of the road safety unit to address.

I didn't run around with cheap journalism trying to make a point by tarnishing the image of an auto company that has set the pace of Nigeria's industrialisation.

o k
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by skyhighweb(m): 6:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
christopher123:

Do you really understand how things happen

Let me give you an insight

I will buy a Samsung phone and as a producer I can dismantle it and study their mechnics in view to improving my own

Now I know that you have never produced a cup before ..so why should I engage an arm chair critic here

Pls don't respond me ...
so u have produced a cup, okay we hear.

Apple’s patents include design elements as well as slide-to-unlock, rubber-banding, and universal search features

A UK court orders Apple to post public notice that Samsung didn’t copy the iPad’s design — ostensibly because Samsung’s tablets just weren’t as cool

Apple and Samsung are now engaged in more than 50 lawsuits worldwide.

now trust me by the time innoson becomes a big name all those little things he saw and thought he copied well will come back and hunt him, if i was starting a car company i will simply drive mine, imagine now that the toyota post is out, if toyota decides to say he copied the way the rims look or the weight is the same with theirs no court will take his side but take that of toyota, the is evidence, u might thinking, nothing,but thats how they work, thats why a lot of big companies dont like seeing other product of there kind in work place for legal reasons.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by christopher123(m): 6:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
skyhighweb:
so u have produced a cup, okay we hear.

Apple’s patents include design elements as well as slide-to-unlock, rubber-banding, and universal search features

A UK court orders Apple to post public notice that Samsung didn’t copy the iPad’s design — ostensibly because Samsung’s tablets just weren’t as cool

Apple and Samsung are now engaged in more than 50 lawsuits worldwide.

now trust me by the time innoson becomes a big name all those little things he saw and thought he copied well will come back and hunt him, if i was starting a car company i will simply drive mine, imagine now that the toyota post is out, if toyota decides to say he copied the way the rims look or the weight is the same with theirs no court will take his side but take that of toyota, the is evidence, u might thinking, nothing,but thats how they work, thats why a lot of big companies dont like seeing other product of there kind in work place for legal reasons.

Now he has gone to USA and apple patents ..now Oga ifyoy drive yours that is you...if he drives other cars that is him

Why are you having headache here ..now you don't have any car company so when you have yours we can talk buy as of now

You are not qualified to talk anything or know anything about modern manufacturing
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by baslone: 6:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
Trying to picture Akin Alabi in surebet's T-shirt! grin
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
aprokomania:

the picture is just an illustration. it's not his house.
try and gather brain
illustration of what ? Whats the use if it doesnt help buttress his point.
Hope you haven't lost it.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:

MB don't make all their components, but the components ARE built to MB's designs. They do the R&grin, and they hold the patents.

Calling someone who actually has a grasp of what the manufacturing process entails an illiterate is laughable.

2 Likes

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Timbuktu14(m): 6:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
baslone:
Trying to picture Akin Alabi in surebet's T-shirt! grin
cheesy cheesy
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by IyfeNamikaze(m): 6:28pm On Jan 24, 2016
Siena:

MB don't make all their components, but the components ARE built to MB's designs. They do the R&grin, and they hold the patents.

Calling someone who actually has a grasp of what the manufacturing process entails an illiterate is laughable.
and who told you innoson doesn't do same?
you all are just arm chair critics
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:
and who told you innoson doesn't do same?
you all are just arm chair critics

We're all arm chair critics bro, including your good self. Unless you're making your criticism from the Nnewi plant?

And no, Innoson does not hold the patents for any of the major assemblies that goes into getting any of those cars up and running.

Ever heard of "Badge Engineering"?
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by lordliri(m): 7:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
Op u never confess who u dey work for.. Bad belle.. Common proof you no get..

What's wrong if he has other makes.. I still don't the point of this thread.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by IyfeNamikaze(m): 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
Siena:

We're all arm chair critics bro, including your good self. Unless you're making your criticism from the Nnewi plant?

And no, Innoson does not hold the patents for any of the major assemblies that goes into getting any of those cars up and running.

Ever heard of "Badge Engineering"?
chai!!! see first class ignorance. I've been wasting my time replying your mentions. please oga carry your ignorance and go biko. I don't have the time for your type this evening.

innoson doesn't hold a patent to any of the major paths you say? lol... smh

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by iamgiggssleaky(m): 8:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
GogetterMD:
That my daddy has a pure water factory doesn't mean I shouldn't buy bottled water when I'm out.

don't be naive pls.
1) it's not about innoson's son or daughter, it's about innoson. so you don't come into the picture but ur dad.
2) trust me, ur dad will always feel this dissatisfaction whenever he buys water produced by anoda company. surely, upgrading his business will come to his mind but Mr innoson seems so indifferent using anoda.
I can go on and on.

God bless you
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by emezieokonkwo: 8:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
if what had been said is true, then Innoson is a disgrace.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
IyfeNamikaze:
chai!!! see first class ignorance. I've been wasting my time replying your mentions. please oga carry your ignorance and go biko. I don't have the time for your type this evening.

innoson doesn't hold a patent to any of the major paths you say? lol... smh

When people of your ilk are backed into a corner, and have no tangible points to make, they resort to verbal a use. You're so predictable, I knew exactly what was coming, you didn't disappoint me in that respect.

Please, make time for ignorant me. And whilst you're reloading, take some time to read through your response. Can you see the flaws in your "arguments"?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by sam90s(m): 8:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
GogetterMD:

I once heard a story of Steve Jobs smashing an employee's Samsung Galaxy.
but what do I know? undecided

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by GogetterMD(m): 9:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
sam90s:

I once heard a story of Steve Jobs smashing an employee's Samsung Galaxy.
but what do I know? undecided
I know something cheesy grin
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by aprokomania(m): 9:11pm On Jan 24, 2016
Jobia:
illustration of what ? Whats the use if it doesnt help buttress his point.
Hope you haven't lost it.
I am okay, it is your sanity I fear for. if you don't understand the meaning of illustration
or perhaps you need an education
seeing as the first one you got was a waste
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by davewhizy: 9:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
innoson be like... if you want the car come and take it
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by paycash: 9:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
Nigerians still far from technologies experience, if you don't examine your competitors products how would you take advantage of their weakness ?

I don't know what people are learning in schools this days no wonder it's very hard to move forward

God to Japan and don't be surprised if you will secretly find innoson motor being monitored.
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
aprokomania:

I am okay, it is your sanity I fear for. if you don't understand the meaning of illustration
or perhaps you need an education
seeing as the first one you got was a waste
I ask again illustration of WHAT? What was needed was evidence not some dumb 'illustration'.
Pls i dont school people on sundays, its my only day off embarassed

Byecry
Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
why is this our country full of hateful and bitter people. when you're not seeing good in your life and heading towards your doom. just remember you're ripping what you sowed.

somebody will open his/her filthy mouth abi fingers to say innoson is just importing parts and assembling it.
about 80 percent of his car parts are purely made in nigeria. mayb he designs and makes his engines abroad how does that make it less made in Nigeria.

a little research will educate u dat even all these foreign cars manufacture some of their parts in different countries.

1 Like

Re: InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars by sunkoye: 10:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
Dio1:
He drives 3 of his cars, if that's not good enough , then I don't know. You can never satisfy Nigerians. The Nedu guy probably has never had any intention of driving an Innoson Product. John Chen(CEO Blackberry)s wife uses a Samsung , it's no big deal.
oga....dat was a bad excuse. The Ceo wife's scandal almost cost the husband his job. Can dangote build his house with competitors cement? angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED / Ghana Has Kantanka Automobile, Nigeria Has Innoson (PHOTOS) / Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.