Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,871 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent (29168 Views)

Chidi Okoroafor, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent New Year Wishes / Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed / Reigners Bible Church General Overseer's Lawyer Shot By Gunmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by benpuzzy(m): 12:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
From Geoffrey Anyanwu, Awka
It was jubilation galore at the headquarters of the Assemblies of God Church in Enugu yesterday as members of the church expressed joy over the Supreme Court’s refusal to grant an injunction seeking to stop Rev. Prof. Paul Emeka from parading himself as the General Superintendent (GS) of the church.
The church had been engulfed in a protracted leadership crisis that led to it splitting into two factions with the GS, Prof. Emeka leading one faction and his former Assistant, Rev. Dr. Chidi Okoroafor, leading the other.
Okoroafor-led faction had in their bid to stop Emeka, whom it purportedly suspended had approached the court to stop him from parading himself as the GS of the church, a matter that went through High Court in Enugu to the Supreme Court, and both parties hung their fate to the determination of a motion.
Victory came the way of Emeka’s faction as the Supreme Court on Tuesday allegedly refused to grant a motion by the Okoroafor-led faction, which sought an injunction restraining Emeka from parading himself as the General Superintendent.
Addressing the jubilant members and newsmen on the latest development, Prof. Emeka, flanked by other leaders of the church, described the ruling of the apex court as “victory of truth over falsehood.”
He commended the court for standing on the side of truth, noting that his traducers had boasted that as soon as they get the injunction, they would come and eject him, adding that God has exposed their lies.
He said, “If they had succeeded, violent as they are, they would have come here to cause trouble. But the good thing is that the injunction they were seeking was not given to them; it was not even entertained. I am happy because they lied and their lies have failed, to the glory of God.”
On efforts at bringing peace to the church, the GS said, “We are so much interested in peace and we have demonstrated it several times. We have been to the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, when they made their decision known, we accepted it; the other party refused. We went to CAN, they gave directive, and we accepted it for peace to reign, the other side refused.
“All they do is to be writing petition here and there, once you tell them the truth, they will start writing petition against you. They have written petitions against Enugu High Court Judge, Commissioner of Police and the Inspector General of Police.
“I thank God over the decision of the court. We shall continue to hold on to this mandate to His own glory. It is not good to give up easily. If you have a mandate from God and you have not received a contrary message from Him, don’t give up such mandate no matter the situation, no matter the sentiments people will throw up.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/jubilation-in-assemblies-of-god-as-supreme-court-refuses-to-stop-gs-emeka/

There is politics in the Church, God help us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by resty4(m): 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
Local assemblies called 'churches' causg shame n embrasm 2 d universal n true church d body of d redeemed.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by babyfaceafrica: 1:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ok
Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by mekaboy(m): 1:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
It is a shame that church mater is now in politics section.

10 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by LordMecuzy(m): 2:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
Church politics being solved by a Judge and not GOD. Chai

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by Blackfire(m): 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
You people are a BIG disgusting disgrace to your god, if u that profess to know god dance naked in the market place... Then me as an atheist watching the show of shame, wants nothing to do with your god, infact u empty lots just prove u are more worst atheist than me.

Shame. Shame. Shame.

There is even a portion in your book that prohibit taking yourselves to court. I am very sure those judges are not Christian.

Even in my village, u dare not take your blood relation to court, i guess my traditionalist brothers believe in god more than u.

Shame. Shame. Shame.

Keep creating monsters that will attack Christianity ...

I hate religion.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
Wetin concyn church mata and supreme Court? I wonder, all these biznes centers sef.
Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by zaza999: 2:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
I don't know what's d matter,pls let them resolve it amicably because one of them Rev.Dr. Chidi Okoroafor is an evangelist of more than 30 yrs and his message really touched me and made me closer to God,that anywhere I go,I keep on looking for any of his messages and buy d tape.I have almost al his preachings and it is something if after listening to his message and you did not repent,it may be difficult for u to repent in any other place.I have not seen him in person,but you need to enter any christian stores and ask any cassette from Rev.Dr. Chidi Okoroafor.Pls let him and Emeka resolve this,for I know its temptation.I don't know what's d matter is all about.Peace and brotherliness is all I want to hear among them.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by tommysparks: 3:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
What u get from business empires in the name of Jesus. But what can I say, if they are not against us then they are with us
Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by kulobyno: 4:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ok
Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by hyana: 4:02pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ok
Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by mccoy47(m): 4:02pm On Jan 24, 2016
This isn't the AG I was born into!

SHAME!!!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by Smellymouth: 4:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hhmmmm
Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by adedam007(m): 4:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
T
Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by toms55(m): 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
I'm so in need of this acoustic solution DS 533 remote control. PM me if you have it.

Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by kolnel: 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
Big relief
Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by miqos02(m): 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
ok
Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by 5starmilitant: 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
If God fails to judge this world, He will apologize to sodom & Gomorrah.--Rev Chidi Okoroafor.
Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by Elchappo: 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
Please is Assemblies of God a new fraternity

It baffles me that they still ve followers, pls what do these leaders preach

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by Hygist: 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
a
Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by DirtyGold: 4:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
What's the bizniz?
Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by ennysongs(m): 4:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
Truth will always prevail at the right time
Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
Church matter now settled in court. What Henry VIII started is still following them.
Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by FagsamPHP(m): 4:11pm On Jan 24, 2016
k
Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by Elchappo: 4:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
Church Uwa Mmmebi..

This shows they re after wealth nd. Position and not salvation of their congregation..

The Church followers re so blind to use their brain in discerning how fake their leaders are...
Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by Integrityfarms(m): 4:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
When the World settles the dispute in the church rather than the reverse, it becomes a great shame. In Chidi Okoroafors message titled INJURY TIME I rest my case #toobad

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by oloriooko(m): 4:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
Shame shame shame sad sad sad
Jubilation on what
SMH
Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by humanbeing5th(f): 4:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
f
Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by airforcee007: 4:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
God Almighty will help His church. It is like the gate of hades gaining upper hand because of our foolishness. oh God, one more time, send revival
Re: Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent by donk552(m): 4:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
Endtime church

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: 'Nigeria Not Fulani Republic' / The Unrevealed Truth Of The Antichrist / Mentally Challenged Woman Healed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress - Autoreportng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.