Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,826 members, 7,802,641 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data (45561 Views)

These 10 Things Are DRAINING Your Phone Battery, And You Had No Idea (MUST SEE) / How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively / How Many Hours Does Your Phone Lasts On Heavy Usage And What Is Your Battery Mah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by kullozone(m): 8:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
Thanks! I'll delete err'thing right now... Or,no need... lemme jus delete my phone.
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Code45: 8:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
In this case... All apps drains battery.

1 Like

Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by mallamseifaldin(m): 8:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
IPOB APP.....It gives members update on when to hold there next protest....
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by blessedqueen(f): 8:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
Sorry... Who uses tinder?

Gay things
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Temmywalex: 8:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
Segadem:
mtcheeeeew, the list is not complete without psiphon

this app no dhey drain battery alone but dries it.

Although I use psiphon on my tecno Y4, I still enjoy my battery. You can also try using the new tecno L5, the phone with 5,000mah battery capacity.

1 Like

Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by miqos02(m): 8:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
oh k
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
callydon:
It’s a known fact that smartphones get slower with use and this is caused by installed apps. While these apps may be useful and hard to do away with, the negative effects they have on our devices can make one consider removing them. For instance, Facebook is one app almost everyone has but it’s one of the most power-hungry Android apps ever.
AVG, an anti-virus maker, recently released a list of apps you should probably consider uninstalling from your device. It’s a huge list containing most of our favorite apps and games.

Top 10 performance draining apps that run at startup
These apps automatically start running the moment you boot your device and as expected, Facebook tops the list here followed by
Google Play Service. Blackberry Messenger and Instagram too make the list. It’s interesting seeing four Facebook apps (Facebook, Messenger, Facebook Pages Manager and Instagram) on this list. Are you willing to do away with these apps to boost your device performance? I doubt that. Here's the full list:
1) Facebook
2) Google Play Services
3) BBM
4) Instagram
5) Messenger
6) ChatON (Voice & video chat)
7) Facebook Pages Manager
cool The Weather Channel
9) KakawTalk
10) WhatsApp Messenger

Top 10 performance draining apps run by user
These apps too are performance killers but unlike the ones listed above, they do not run automatically. They will never be initiated unless you run the apps and they do not run in the background. Here's the full list:
1) SnapChat
2) Amazon Shopping UK
3) Spotify Music
4) LINE - Free Calls & Messages
5) Clean Master
6) Samsung WatchON (Video)
7) Netflix
cool BBC News
9) Amazon Shopping Global
10) Microsoft Outlook

Top 10 battery drainers that run at startup
If you have these apps installed, they may be draining your battery even if you don’t use them all the time. They automatically start running the moment you boot your device. Again, your favorites apps (Facebook, Messenger, BBM and WhatsApp) make the list. Here's the full list:
1) Android Firmware Updater
2) Beaming Service For Samsung
3) Security Policy Updater
4) ChatON
5) Google Play Services
6) Facebook
7) BBM
cool WhatsApp Messenger
9) Weather & Click Widget Android
10) WeChat

Top 10 data traffic hogs that run at startup
These are the top apps that contribute the most to your monthly internet bill. If you realize you’re exhausting your allocated data bundle before expiry almost every time, these apps may be responsible. Here's the full list:
1) Facebook
2) Yahoo! Japan
3) Antivirus & Security
4) The Weather Channel
5) Instagram
6) IHeart Radio
7) Google Play Services
cool APUS Launcher
9) GroupOn - Daily Deals, Coupons
10) WeatherBug

Top 10 data traffic hogs run by user
These apps too contribute heavily to your data usage but unlike the ones above that automatically start running when you turn on your device, these apps are usually started by the user. Here's the full list:
1) Netflix
2) SnapChat
3) Tumblr
4) BBC News
5) Clean Master- Boost & AppLock
6) Samsung WatchON - Video
7) Spotify Music
cool Photo Editor by Aviary
9) Microsoft Outlook
10) Tinder

Top 10 storage eaters run by user
These apps eat up storage whenever they are run by the user. What this implies is that is your device has a low storage, running multiple of these apps will make your device start to lag or even hang. Here you'll see apps like Amazon shopping, chrome, Spotify, etc Here's the full list:
1) Spotify Music
2) Chrome
3) Aillis - Filters & Stickers
4) LINE: Free Calls & Messages
5) Amazon Shopping UK
6) TripAdviser - Hotels, Flights
7) Amazon Shopping Global
cool SnapChat
9) Clean Master - Boost & AppLock
10) Photo Editor by Aviary

This whole list highlights some apps we already suspect but then, you shouldn’t go ahead uninstalling these apps because AVG says they’re bad for your phone. Some of the listed apps are actually system applications which your device depends on to properly function.
It’s also worth mentioning that your phone might be equivalent to nothing but a piece of brick without some of these apps. Who wants to uninstall WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and BBM anyway?
Source:
http://www.oddytech.com.ng/2016/01/see-apps-draining-your-battery-ram-and.html?m=0
Your list is a joke...No Twitter?!!
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Iamlordgee(m): 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
callydon:
Yeah, dt app can drain battery, hug RAM and Swallow ur data too.
Use Facebook lite na. That one da try

2 Likes

Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by dapraiz(m): 9:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
I swear ma bro!

the app no dey effective@ all angry
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by akankemi1(f): 9:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
u can use Facebook lite instead of Facebook.
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
I can do without most of those Apps you listed. Last thing I'd ever have on my device is a Facebook App.

What about UC browser. It consumes lot of space too.
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by walexsy(m): 9:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
Iamtosignno:
You no lie at all at this my screen shots
abegii how did u set da ppssp app up...b4 ustart gaminq....
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by AyamConfidence(m): 9:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
Thats why i retain my Nokia Asha 206...only things that eat my battery...NAIRALAND and WHATSAPP...Its called MODESTY
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by egorov(m): 9:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
Segadem:
mtcheeeeew, the list is not complete without psiphon

this app no dhey drain battery alone but dries it.
guy, I've been using the psiphon handler for months now and its actually cool.
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by TeamSimple(m): 9:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
Nairaland. Especially with all these yeyebrities gossips

1 Like

Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by gidjah(m): 9:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
Iamtosignno:
You no lie at all at this my screen shots
bros I need the link to this your psiphon 100 handler biko!. Does it get hot and laggy and drains battery as fast as usual just like my psiphon 82 Handler ?pls reply. This psiphon na trouble o. Pls help me with it either tru whatssapp or link
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Ishilove: 9:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
I can't uninstall Facebook, BBM and Whatsapp na sad
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Ishilove: 9:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
akankemi1:
What's the difference between the two?
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by ogundeleai(m): 9:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
Anyone that recently downloaded yahoo mail app from android will testify that none of those mentioned app can compete with yahoo as most app that not only drain battery but also hinder memory performance. How can one explain a situation where an app at inception of download read 15MB but just after 24hrs it reached 1.5GB. Thereby making nonsense of the memory, intense heat and snail walk performance. I wonder how single app will take 1.5GB in a storage of just 4GB. Yahoo mgt need to review the app. Worst still the app can't be move to SD storage

1 Like

Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by rudestmcblaze: 9:25pm On Jan 24, 2016
callydon:

Yeah, dt app can drain battery, hug RAM and Swallow ur data too.
the solution to it is in ur store, try Facebook lite. tz smaller in size, saves data n is faster
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by oluwafreshkid(m): 9:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Delete Facebook and download folio!!!
You no like polio? undecided

1 Like

Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Shobyz: 9:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
Perhaps we should go back to using Nokia 3310. No data needed
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
pjosh1:
@op u are very funny. Is this post meant for Nigerians. Only Facebook,google play,instagram and BBM dey my phone.
Which one be Kwakwa talk again?

Lol.
Actually Its "Kakao Talk" a Social App from South Korea, but other Countries too can make use of it.
Its not too Interesting to use in the "Sense that. If you don't get your friends username, you would be unable to use it, and thus it makes it Boring for you. unless if your contacts are also on the App.

1 Like

Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
DaFlash:
what of dat ''du battery" dat one no dey save battery oh na drain e sabi do.
Exactly. I had to uninstall it as it was doing more harm with little or no good to the battery life of my phone.
Always giving one unnecessary updates. Fake apps everywhere undecided
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by spinoff: 10:02pm On Jan 24, 2016
kekakuz:
I don't have most of these apps and the ones I have, I off the background data.
Manage myself.
How many platform can u use at a time.
I only browse with opera classic save my data no need to run unnecessary scripts
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Testerfuze(m): 10:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
can that google play service be stopped....how??
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Code45: 10:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
ADENIKETINA2015:

Exactly. I had to uninstall it as it was doing more harm with little or no good to the battery life of my phone.
Always giving one unnecessary updates. Fake apps everywhere undecided
Thank God you also know about the frequent update. Wasting data twice a week for update without any use.

I didn't uninstalled it because of that, I uninstalled it last week because it drains my battery too much

2 Likes

Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Lexusgs430: 10:31pm On Jan 24, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

You no like polio? undecided

Facebook is about 30mb in size, Folio is about 3mb!!! You decide which suits you best!!!!
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Lexusgs430: 10:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
akankemi1:

Folio is better, my summation.
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
Temmywalex:

Although I use psiphon on my tecno Y4, I still enjoy my battery. You can also try using the new tecno L5, the phone with 5,000mah battery capacity.
what is the use of that app, psiphon
Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 24, 2016
akankemi1:
pretty woman at wema.. .... .. . .

1 Like

Re: Top Apps That Are Draining Your Battery, Occupying RAM And Eating Up Your Data by Specyano(m): 10:51pm On Jan 24, 2016
holluwai:
Instagram is a killer!!!!
But I can't delete the app still tongue
U never try psiphon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why You Should Use Only The Left Ear To Answer Phone Calls / What Else Do You Do With Your phone Apart From These Things? / Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.