Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo (16600 Views)

18 Witnesses To Testify Against Metuh In Court / Biafra: Dutch, Seven Others To Testify Against Kanu: Punch / Impeachment: Judge Ready To Testify Against Aregbesola, Says Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by LRNZH(m): 2:59pm On Jan 24, 2016

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has filed a fresh 22-count against ex-Niger Delta militant leader, Government Ekemupolo, popularly known as Tompolo, and 12 others.

The charges, which were filed on Friday at a Federal High Court in Lagos, bordered on stealing, advanced fee fraud and money laundering to the tune of over N46bn.

The fresh charges were filed eight days after Justice Ibrahim Buba ordered the arrest of Tompolo for his failure to appear on January 14, 2016 to take his plea on a separate 40-count of alleged N34bn fraud earlier filed against him and nine others by the EFCC.

In the fresh charge, which had yet to be assigned to any judge, the EFCC listed 25 witnesses that will testify against Tompolo and his 12 co-suspects when the trial begins.

Among the witnesses are seven EFCC investigators, officials of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, officials of the Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development, and officials of Bureau of Public Procurement.

Also to testify against the suspects are officials of four commercial banks including Access Bank, First Bank, Zenith Bank Plc and United Bank for Africa Plc.

Those to be arraigned alongside Tompolo in the fresh 22 counts is a former Director-General of NIMASA, Patrick Akpobolokemi, whose four brothers – Victor, Nobert, Emmanuel and Clement – who are still at large, were said to have aided the suspects to commit the fraud.

The other suspects are Kime Engozu, Josephine Otuaga, Rita Uruakpa and Pondi Kestin.

http://www.punchng.com/fresh-n46bn-fraud-25-witnesses-to-testify-against-tompolo/

2 Likes

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by gbengaizzy(m): 3:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
Dem ban me.. I nor complain.. I come back first post na FTC... plenty people dey ask, na who do d jazz smiley. OSINACHIMO!

As for Tompolo na oyó u dey ooo.. maybe if you snitch on dem militants dem go give you 8 year instead of 15 lol! IPOD useless people aw market?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by HtwoOw: 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
One goat will come here to tell us that Buharis agents paid the witnesses to testify against Tompolo

.. Awon werey

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by tayebest(m): 3:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
Tompolo will rot in jail and Nothing.......i mean nothing will happen to Nigeria angry awon wehreh somebody

Ask the IPOB-D lord, he will enlighthen you more!

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by ibietela2(m): 3:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
Another tale for the new week................. Issorait.

Guess what? you won't believe a Nigerian own www.healthable.org

4 Likes

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by TimeManager(m): 3:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
Corruption is an adorable pet in the hands of Wailers, they will fight you however you try to kill it.

The truth has spoken!

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by yaki84: 4:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
charge for 46billion naira fraud of what?
did he partook in d arms scandal?
did he sale oil blocs to unsuspecting members of the public?
was he awarded contracts n he flee with the sum without executing the contracts?
what fraud n crime did he commit that they r filing a fresh 22count charge against him?
am not in support of tompolo but efcc shud tell us what he did, who he defrauded to the tune of 46billion naira.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by tayebest(m): 4:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
yaki84:
was he awarded contracts n he flee with the sum without executing the contracts?
what fraud n crime did he commit that they r filing a fresh 22count charge against him?
am not in support of tompolo but efcc shud tell us what he did, who he defrauded to the tune of 46billion naira.

if truely the dude is inocent why dont he appear in court?? Not every allegation will be made public!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by yaki84: 4:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
tayebest:

if truely the dude is inocent why dont he appear in court?? Not every allegation will be made public!

which court?
d onee that even buhari detest n tag them corrupt?
court that dont hv autonomy n r being controlled by aso rock?
court that will grant someone bail n the dss will do another.....
talk of court of arbitration or international court of justice not what we hv in this country.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by tomdon(m): 4:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
catch im

2 Likes

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by Smellymouth: 4:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
grin
Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by Btruth: 4:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
Gbam!

4 Likes

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by deshysmalls(m): 5:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
I am for change, but we need to see less of Newspaper convictions and more of actual incarcerations.

7 Likes

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by gouht: 5:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
Wow
Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
Dis Buharo govt is a joke.. whether u like ot or not, after Rivers state election, then Tompolo will answer ypu cool

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by jmichlins(m): 5:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
25 witness? this government is ready to nail this guy and not even the whole n.delta can stop him

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by simplemach(m): 5:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
fire on the mountain, Run... Run... Run... Run...!

2 Likes

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by cutetopsey(f): 5:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ok

Just observing!

Check my signature on how to loose excess ugly belly fats
Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by looseweight: 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by AllenCEO1: 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2016
Well, is possible.
Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by DirtyGold: 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2016
the chronicles of government tompolo
Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by Dindondin(m): 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2016
yaki84:
I no dey understand PMB anymore

4 Likes

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by crazygod(m): 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2016
Abeg this govt should stop diverting the peoples attention from more important things. I want to start seeing topics of big strides taken instead of all this propaganda

24 Likes

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by Integrityfarms(m): 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2016
we arent easily deceived by such sentimental statements. Like I once said every new week APC comes with such deceitful statements so that we can't ask them for the Change they promised.

22 Likes

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by Owliver(m): 5:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
am sure zombies must be tired of all these. lolz

wailers united party

7 Likes

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by gunuvi(m): 5:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
Make Una continue dey chase your partners in crime. People are suffering here and there. Useless government without direction.

14 Likes

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by omenka(m): 5:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
What do these people need all these monies for?? Are they planning to buy properties on mars

Haba!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by Simplestone(f): 5:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
Oh Nigeria, My mother's land,,46b naira?with all this fraud and money looting in Nigeria, oh God help this country not to collapse. Please God destroy this whole world,make everybody start afresh,create new Adam and eve,and give all nairalanders the right to make choice of their country,I know say many of us no go chose Naija.Bleep UP COUNTRY, WITH Bleep UP LEADERS.Oh Nigeria, My mother's land,,46b naira?with all this fraud and money looting in Nigeria, oh God help this country not to collapse. Please God destroy this whole world,make everybody start afresh,create new Adam and eve,and give all nairalanders the right to make choice of their country,I know say many of us no go chose Naija.Bleep UP COUNTRY, WITH Bleep UP LEADERS.Oh Nigeria, My mother's land,,46b naira?with all this fraud and money looting in Nigeria, oh God help this country not to collapse. Please God destroy this whole world,make everybody start afresh,create new Adam and eve,and give all nairalanders the right to make choice of their country,I know say many of us no go chose Naija.Bleep UP COUNTRY, WITH Bleep UP LEADERS.

1 Like

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by Plutocrat(m): 5:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
Season of Lawyers.......There year to make money

1 Like

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by APCcrimesHD: 5:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
grin grin

At least something to make the zombies keep masturbating.

Una never see person, una don dey dance atilogun

grin grin

GOVERNMENT TOMPOLO is UNTOUCHABLE!

Take that and take it to the bank!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo by bettercreature(m): 5:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
yaki84:

which court?
d onee that even buhari detest n tag them corrupt?
court that dont hv autonomy n r being controlled by aso rock?
court that will grant someone bail n the dss will do another.....
talk of court of arbitration or international court of justice not what we hv in this country.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Donald Trump Swears To Biafra. Raw Photos And Videos / "Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket / Patience Jonathan Returns To Abuja From Medical Trip - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.