Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Is There A Governor In Oyo State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There A Governor In Oyo State? (6375 Views)

When Whistle-Blowing Is More Lucrative Than Being A Governor (Hilarious Photos) / Oshiomole Performed Miracles In Edo State as a Governor, Oba Of Benin Says / 5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by Panzerfaust(m): 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
I'm a resident of Ibadan, and I can honestly say that the sabbatical leave embarked upon by Governor Ajimobi is puzzling. One cannot point to a SINGLE item of achievement by this man's Government! In fact, it is difficult to believe that there is any presence of governance in the state! For all the SW governors that rode on the achievements of Fashola in Lagos state, the apple does fall far from the tree. Mr Ajimobi, pls wake up!!

4 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by SurefireAsoOke: 4:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
Brb
Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by stevolinkon40: 4:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
I asked my dad same question two days ago. The state is currently hibernating.all the local government secretariat are almost not working.I went to submit a file at the secretariat at my local government 11am on Monday morning.I met only security guards and two Secretarys in the whole vicinity

5 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by ekafine(f): 4:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
why would you see anything happening in yorubaland when everyone of you are resident in lagos leaving your states to grow with weeds.

7 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by henryutd(m): 5:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ask Inec.

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
ekafine:
why would you see anything happening in yorubaland when everyone of you are resident in lagos leaving your states to grow with weeds.

^^This Ipod fo.o.l be thinking with his nose grin grin

I thought you said the zoo was going to fall before the end of 2015? cheesy grin

Freeglobe/Teufelein you're a deluded re.t.ar.d grin grin

19 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:28pm On Jan 24, 2016
ekafine:
And also blaming the Igbos for their misfortune, they voted for Change hope their region will be Eldorado, and also to pin down southeasters and their business men and women, you can see how they where rejoicing over demolition of Oshodi market, at last what happened? They should have learnt a lot from 20 pounds and economic policies against the Igbos that didn't work. Southwestern states is stagnant at the moment not just Oyo, only Lagos is putting small effort, they are the highest indebted region in Nigeria and nothing to show for the large loan they collected, Ekiti spent their own on JKF love water bed, Osun on visibility study on longest runway airport in western hemisphere and tallest talking drum in the world according to Guinness book of record grin, while civil servants are languishing same with other states, the zombies will be silent on the evils going on in their region, they easily jump on any thread about the Igbos to pour out their frustration, and hatred while their region is retrogressing, you can never see them comment on this thread, they will allow the thread to kindly go down, but create any thread about IPOB, Olisa metu, Stella Odua or NOI they will land like vultures. I have been to all southwestern state recently I feel sorry for them when they coming online to paint their region as most developed, majority of them don't travel, those that do don't like coming back this is the fact, when I traveled to Oyo recently with one of their own also a friend he was so ashamed to tell me we had gotten to Ibadan until I noticed brown roof every where. I feel for them, they don't what others to mock them especially Igbos.

14 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by shizzy7(f): 5:28pm On Jan 24, 2016
They're all clueless ....
I don't know why governing a state is so hard in Nigeria.....

They're being paid for doing NOTHING..... Kirikiri is where they belong.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by ODVanguard: 5:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
post=42285679:

And also blaming the Igbos for their misfortune, they voted for Change hope their region will be Eldorado, and also to pin down southeasters and their business men and women, you can see how they where rejoicing over demolition of Oshodi market, at last what happened? They should have learnt a lot from 20 pounds and economic policies against the Igbos that didn't work. Southwestern states is stagnant at the moment not just Oyo, only Lagos is putting small effort, they are the highest indebted region in Nigeria and nothing to show for the large loan they collected, Ekiti spent their own on water bed, Osun of visibility study on longest runway airport in western hemisphere and tallest talking drum, while civil servants are languishing same with other states, the zombies will be silent on the evils going on in their region, they easily jump on any thread about the Igbos to pour they frustration, and hatred while their region is retrogressing, you can never see them comment on this thread, they will allow the thread to kindly go down, but create any thread about IPOB, Olisa metu, Stella Odua or NOI they will land like vultures. I have been to all southwestern state recently I feel sorry for them when the come online, when I traveled to Oyo recently with one of their own also a friend he was so ashamed to tell me we had gotten to Ibadan until I noticed brown roof every where. I feel for them, they don't what others to mock them especially Igbos.

If you are attacked now you will start spamming this thread with useless pix of your village. You are always claiming to have recently traveled everywhere. Say what you like but Oyo still ranks higher than your state nationally. And please, keep those your pix out of this thread. Thanks in advance.

14 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by ODVanguard: 5:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
ekafine:

Freeglobe, you and your fixation with Lagos. Odiegwu for you taking Panadol for another man's headache. At least Oyo has yet to sack 3000 workers as Imo state recently did. Obviously the OP isn't staying abreast of goings on in Oyo else he wouldn't have said what he did..

11 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
ODVanguard:

If you are attacked now you will start spamming this thread with useless pix of your village. You are always claiming to have recently traveled everywhere. Say what you like but Oyo still ranks higher than your state nationally. And please, keep those your pix out of this thread. Thanks in advance.
grin cheesy grin I wonder when Oyo will look like those village you are referring to?

9 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by ODVanguard: 5:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
post=42286143:

grin cheesy grin I wonder when Oyo will look like those village you are referring to?

I know the world starts and ends in your glorified village of Anambra to your puny little mind. That's fine for you to feel that way. But like I said earlier, Oyo ranks higher than your village in every ramification, be it GDP, contribution to the center, IGR, attraction of FDI, industries, you name it. Look, I'm not one to start going back and forth with you because you have a reputation here for jumping on every thread to promote your state. Just leave trash for Lawma and mind your business. Again, please don't start displaying those pix of your village. Thanx in advance.

14 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by ekafine(f): 5:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
^^is it this same ibadan or another ibadan? I recommend that ibadan should be demolished to the ground. what you have in ibadan is nothing but a sea of rustic red roofs and mud houses. I shake my head for you guys whenever you talk of development. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 24, 2016
post=42285679:

And also blaming the Igbos for their misfortune, they voted for Change hope their region will be Eldorado, and also to pin down southeasters and their business men and women, you can see how they where rejoicing over demolition of Oshodi market, at last what happened? They should have learnt a lot from 20 pounds and economic policies against the Igbos that didn't work. Southwestern states is stagnant at the moment not just Oyo, only Lagos is putting small effort, they are the highest indebted region in Nigeria and nothing to show for the large loan they collected, Ekiti spent their own on water bed, Osun on visibility study on longest runway airport in western hemisphere and tallest talking drum, while civil servants are languishing same with other states, the zombies will be silent on the evils going on in their region, they easily jump on any thread about the Igbos to pour they frustration, and hatred while their region is retrogressing, you can never see them comment on this thread, they will allow the thread to kindly go down, but create any thread about IPOB, Olisa metu, Stella Odua or NOI they will land like vultures. I have been to all southwestern state recently I feel sorry for them when they come online to paint their region as most developed, majority of them don't travel, those that do don't like come back this is the fact, when I traveled to Oyo recently with one of their own also a friend he was so ashamed to tell me we had gotten to Ibadan until I noticed brown roof every where. I feel for them, they don't what others to mock them especially Igbos.

Lmaoo who are the people blaming Eebows for their misfortune? He-bow boy trying to place himself on a pedestal grin That's like a rat trying to feel relevant in front of an elephant grin. No one cares about you lol.If you misbehave, you get your boxy asses whipped grin grin As for the Oshodi market, I'm still wondering, why are you complaining tho.Don't you own Lagos? or isn't Lagos no man's land? grin

You said South-west states are stagnant, If only you knew the good things happening in Ogun,Ondo and even Osun atm despite the whole oil issue.Look! this drop in oil price is a blessing in disguise.Ekiti and Oyo hopefully will pick up.Don't even let us talk about your states and why won't South-west be indebted when it has the largest work-force.How many Yorubas are in your region competing for jobs in the civil service?

You people are always claiming to have been to all South-west states.Bloody liars grin grin You've been under the sun selling Gala and meaty grin
Stop coming here to form explorer

15 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
ODVanguard:

I know the world starts and ends in your glorified village of Anambra to your puny little mind. That's fine for you to feel that way. But like I said earlier, Oyo ranks higher than your village in every ramification, be it GDP, contribution to the center, IGR, attraction of FDI, industries, you name it. Look, I'm not one to start going back and forth with you because you have a reputation here for jumping on every thread to promote your state. Just leave trash for Lawma and mind your business. Again, please don't start displaying those pix of your village. Thanx in advance.
grin grin
Funny dude no be only FDI and IGR, I just what to be civil but don't go far, face the Op citizens are crying, stop chasing lion when your is on flame, you governor don abandon his duties run.

6 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
ekafine:
^^is it this same ibadan or another ibadan? I recommend that ibadan should be demolished to the ground. what you have in ibadan is nothing but a sea of rustic red roofs and mud houses. I shake my head for you guys whenever you talk of development. cheesy

Oyo state is 28,454km square,the whole South-east is 29,385km square but that's not even the issue.Even If they show you the beautiful part,this picture is already glued to your brain so you'll never see anything other than this.That blue part is where your uncle Osita lives grin grin and you better take it slow before I show you what your states look like.I got an album grin grin

14 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by ODVanguard: 6:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
ekafine:

Smh. It's obvious that you Igbos need psychological re-engineering. Seriously. The civil war loss has done irreparable damage to your collective self-esteem. So much so that you feel you always have to override it by being obnoxious. You for one are a coward, always hiding under different monikers to act a fool. Ibadan still attracts more non-indigenes daily than any of your cities in the SE (which are depopulating by the day due to lack of opportunities beyond buying and selling/trading), coz Ibadan offers more opportunities for success than anywhere in any SE state. I can understand your frustrations with the Yorubas though, but quite frankly, it is bad for your health. Like I said earlier, Oyo state (a non-oil producing state) ranks higher than your best performing state in your region (Imo) as well as Anambra GDP-wise , ditto IGR-wise. The state has yet to fire any worker let alone 3000 as recently done by Imo. You people are hopeless.

9 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by ODVanguard: 6:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
post=42286760:
grin grin
Funny dude no be only FDI and IGR, I just what to be civil but don't go far, face the Op citizens are crying, stop chasing lion when your is on flame, you governor don abandon his duties run.

You are the one invading this thread with your bad-belle. Who call you inside this matter? If it was an Anambra thread now wey pesin invade you go don commot bazooka begin fire up and down like a lunatic. What exactly is your problem? I think it's low self-esteem. If not you won't be behaving the way you do. Go get a real job bro.

7 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

Lmaoo who are the people blaming Eebows for their misfortune? He-bow boy trying to place himself on a pedestal grin That's like a rat trying to feel relevant in front of an elephant grin. No one cares about you lol.If you misbehave, you get your boxy-asses whipped grin grin As for the Oshodi market, I'm still wondering, why are you complaining tho.Don't you own Lagos? or isn't Lagos no man's land? grin

You said South-west states are stagnant, If only you knew the good things happening in Ogun,Ondo and even Osun atm despite the whole oil issue.Look! this drop in oil price is a blessing in disguise.Ekiti and Oyo hopefully will pick up.Don't even let us talk about your states.Why won't South-west be indebted when it has the largest work-force.How many Yorubas are in your region competing for jobs in the civil service?

You people are always claiming to have been to all South-west states.Bloody liars grin grin You've been under the sun selling Gala and meaty grin
Stop coming here to form explorer
Face the topic Agbo seller, except you what to see giant chasing you in dream

4 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by Panzerfaust(m): 6:11pm On Jan 24, 2016
shizzy7:
They're all clueless ....
I don't know why governing a state is so hard in Nigeria.....

They're being paid for doing NOTHING..... Kirikiri is where they belong.
I swear, Oyo state is like one huge ghetto.

5 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
post=42286932:

Face the topic Agbo seller, expect you what to see giant chasing you in dream

You should have come up with a rebuttal and get your ass whipped again.I thought you wanted to come up with another lie.Next time don't tell lies or talk about the things you don't know because people like me will always be here to sit on you.Okay?

To the topic, I agree with the OP.Ajimobi has been lacklustre.You see that's the difference between us.We say it the way it is,no sugar-coating

10 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by ODVanguard: 6:24pm On Jan 24, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

To the topic, I agree with the OP.Ajimobi has been lacklustre.

You see, this seems to be a general problem with second-term governors (they relax in their second-term coz they feel their last election is behind them), coupled with the economic crunch. I'm still holding out on any final verdict on his overall performance though, atleast till mid-way into his second term.

6 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by Jaideyone(m): 6:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
ekafine:
ignorance of the highest order

4 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
ODVanguard:

You see, this seems to be a general problem with second-term governors (they relax in their second-term coz they feel their last election is behind them), coupled with the economic crunch. I'm still holding out on any final verdict on his overall performance though, atleast till mid-way into his second term.

I used to be a fan until I started following things closely.

I agree with you,I think second term should be scrapped

5 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by kayfra: 6:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
post=42285679:

And also blaming the Igbos for their misfortune, they voted for Change hope their region will be Eldorado, and also to pin down southeasters and their business men and women, you can see how they where rejoicing over demolition of Oshodi market, at last what happened? They should have learnt a lot from 20 pounds and economic policies against the Igbos that didn't work. Southwestern states is stagnant at the moment not just Oyo, only Lagos is putting small effort, they are the highest indebted region in Nigeria and nothing to show for the large loan they collected, Ekiti spent their own on JKF love water bed, Osun on visibility study on longest runway airport in western hemisphere and tallest talking drum in the world according to Guinness book of record grin, while civil servants are languishing same with other states, the zombies will be silent on the evils going on in their region, they easily jump on any thread about the Igbos to pour they frustration, and hatred while their region is retrogressing, you can never see them comment on this thread, they will allow the thread to kindly go down, but create any thread about IPOB, Olisa metu, Stella Odua or NOI they will land like vultures. I have been to all southwestern state recently I feel sorry for them when they coming online to paint their region as most developed, majority of them don't travel, those that do don't like come back this is the fact, when I traveled to Oyo recently with one of their own also a friend he was so ashamed to tell me we had gotten to Ibadan until I noticed brown roof every where. I feel for them, they don't what others to mock them especially Igbos.

Pray tell. How visible is Osun State?

Lolzgrin

1 Like

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by ekafine(f): 6:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
ODVanguard:

Smh. It's obvious that you Igbos need psychological re-engineering. Seriously. The civil war loss has done irreparable damage to your collective self-esteem. So much so that you feel you always have to override it by being obnoxious. You for one are a coward, always hiding under different monikers to act a fool. Ibadan still attracts more non-indigenes daily than any of your cities in the SE (which are depopulating by the day due to lack of opportunities beyond buying and selling/trading), coz Ibadan offers more opportunities for success than anywhere in any SE state. I can understand your frustrations with the Yorubas though, but quite frankly, it is bad for your health. Like I said earlier, Oyo state (a non-oil producing state) ranks higher than your best performing state in your region (Imo) as well as Anambra GDP-wise , ditto IGR-wise. The state has yet to fire any worker let alone 3000 as recently done by Imo. You people are hopeless.

So opportunities now mean rustic r oofs and muds houses? Ibadan is still in the stone-age like the entire yoruba land. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by ODVanguard: 6:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
OmoAjowa7:
I think second term should be scrapped

Yes! Indeed it needs to. That way they'll be more eager to leave a lasting legacy coz often times their lackluster second-term ends up denting/overshadowing their entire performance.

7 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by ekafine(f): 6:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
The truth be told development in the yoruba land stopped since awo built the cocoa house. It is clear from the above picture. grin

9 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by ODVanguard: 6:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
ekafine:

So opportunities now mean rustic r oofs and muds houses? Ibadan is still in the stone-age like the entire yoruba land. cheesy

Look Mr. Ekafine/FreeGlobe, you are a nobody in the overall scheme of things so you can either continue acting a fool, or you make yourself useful via more reasonable contributions. As for me, time is a luxury I'd rather spend on more fruitful pursuits than exchanging banters with a non-entity. undecided

10 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by Ogbuefi2020: 6:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
Are u ppl now tired of covering up with Oyibo man's property in Nomansland?? Una for continue living in denial na

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by pussyphilia(m): 7:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
All the states governed by APC are in shambles!

Only bigots fail to acknowledge that fact. But that's non of my business so long as APC doesn't come an inch close to my dear state.

Some people can keep on blaming their woes on Igbo's, after the race we shall all count the number of miles covered, so says the wise men from the east.

5 Likes

Re: Is There A Governor In Oyo State? by Lakesyd32: 7:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
its really disheartening. I wrote an open letter to him but what I got in response was threats from his political touts and he promised heaven and earth when he was contesting for 2011 elections. www.nairaland.com/2873079/open-letter-governor-abiola-ajimobi

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja Power Firm Disconnects APC Secretariat Over N1.2m Debt / Just Because He Looks Like Pmb Kano Standstills For Him / SERAP Gives 36 Governors & Wike 7 Days To Account For ₦5.9trn, $4.6bn Loans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.