Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,799 members, 7,806,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind (4664 Views)

Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World That Will Blow Your Mind / Weird Mysteries That Will Blow Your Mind - Daewoorazer / 20 Facts About North Korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by Dongreat(m): 7:34pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ever think about the endless depths of our oceans? The always-expanding universe? What about the mysteries of our bodies?

Discoveries are constantly being made about the universe we live in, but it can be pretty hard to take in.

That's why I decided to create this list of things you need to know about yourself, your world and your universe. The verdict? They're all incredible.

Starting from the inside and working way, way out, prepare to have your mind blown to smithereens.

Cc: lalasticlala, mndy44; pls do the needful, cheers.

1. Humans are made up of 7 octillion atoms (that's seven with 27 zeroes). Every year, about 98 per cent of those atoms in your body are replaced.

2. The sperm count of an average male is down almost 25 per cent compared to 20 years ago. Use it wisely.‎

3. You are born with 270 bones, but by the time you reach adulthood only have 206. One quarter of those bones are in your feet.

4. Girls have a better sense of taste ‎than boys, and you won't believe what number seven says about our tongues!

5. Americans spend an average of 42 hours per year waiting in traffic, according to 2015 statistics. Not bad, Imagine Nigerians. ‎

6. You breathe an average of about 7 million times per year. Not to mention anytime you are asleep, you breathe in your dead skin cells. 

7. Just like fingerprints, every person's tongue is different.

8. Humans have more than five senses. They include balance, temperature, pain, time, suffocation, thirst and fullness. But according to number nine, you lose more than those senses when you die.

9. A scientist weighed people immediately before and after death and concluded that the soul weighs 21 grams‎. He also weighed dogs before and after death and concluded that they have no soul. Weird‎

10. About 88 per cent of the world's population lives in the northern hemisphere.

11. The world has 7 billion people according to 2015 calculations, but by 2100 that should rise to 11 billion‎.

12. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321. Try it. Seriously. Think that's amazing? Wait'll you read number 13. It's disgusting.

13. There's a garbage swirl in the Pacific Ocean that is the size of Texas. Nigeria (923,768km2) is only 227,568km2 larger than Texas. Now imagine such garbage size.

14. The Gregorian calendar repeats itself every 400 years.

15. Russia has a larger surface area ‎than Pluto.‎

16. It's not like diamonds in the sky, it actually rains diamonds on Jupiter and Saturn. That's crazy, but number 17 will have you yelling at your computer or phone, "How does that even happen?!"

17. A Venus day is longer than a Venus year. Interesting right?‎

18. Neptune was the first planet to get its existence predicted by calculations before it was seen by a telescope.

19. If the sun were the size of a white blood cell, then the Milk Way Galaxy would be the size of the United States.

20. Pluto never made a full orbit ‎around the sun from the time it was discovered to when it was declassified as a planet.‎

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by playtheblues(f): 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
Weird....
Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
Dint know Pluto isn't a planet anymore.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by Judeoxide(m): 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
Number nineteen got me shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by echo2(m): 8:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
In case
Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
Muafrika2:
Another reason why you need to start reading and stop watching p0rn.

5 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by pulsa(m): 10:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
That no 2 tho, creeps me out, to think of the possibility that in the next 20 years it might reduce even further again makes me want to have kids right now.
Pluto isn't a planet any more, Wow, I had no clue.
this are the type of threads that should hit front page, but the mods seem to like useless celebrity; gists, disagreements, and selfies.
keep it up DON-"GREAT". wink wink

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by nely(m): 10:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
very interesting thread, not all this olamide,don jazzy and snake stories that will be hitting FP every 5 minutes...

4 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by abdulhadi101(m): 11:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
19 is scary shocked
Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by gameboy727(m): 11:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
Good facts. People will now that Pluto is no longer a planet.

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by louiskay(m): 12:28am On Jan 25, 2016
fact weird
Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by Ibroboss(m): 1:25am On Jan 25, 2016
21. Do you know that some people will never sleep at night when normal human being are asleep grin

3 Likes

Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by matrix199(m): 3:06am On Jan 25, 2016
Another fact that blows my mind is that life is unfair. A non-baked fellow gets a juicy appointment, while an over-baked fellow gets a scrap!
Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by engineerpaul67(m): 3:29am On Jan 25, 2016
What if I told you that this was designed using just a phone? No Photoshop or PC?

Amazing right? Connect with me on

www.facebook.com/axenicarts

Be a witness to this revolution

Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by Nobody: 3:58am On Jan 25, 2016
Seen ,thanks op

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by ril19(m): 6:14am On Jan 25, 2016
It always remains a marvel to me and humans at large to even try to imagine the size of the universe.

my people that thing is simply unimaginable!!!
Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by CertifiedFreak(m): 6:34am On Jan 25, 2016
You keep saying I'd do things to ma phone or won't believe things. Tough luck, neither screamed at ma phone nor did ur postulations "really" amaze me.
Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by Phrankin(m): 6:49am On Jan 25, 2016
Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by DaBullIT(m): 6:49am On Jan 25, 2016
Not shocked
Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 25, 2016
Nice Info ...OP well done. kudos

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by Akosxxx(m): 7:02am On Jan 25, 2016
Interesting indeed #TeamGeology
Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by horbafemie(m): 7:16am On Jan 25, 2016
Well done op .....nice info

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 25, 2016
Muafrika2:

Since when
Are you from this solar system?
Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by gidimasters(m): 7:35am On Jan 25, 2016
Okay
Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by Donald3d(m): 7:38am On Jan 25, 2016
poor pluto
Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by Princezoi(m): 7:56am On Jan 25, 2016
BLEECH Reports: Checkout exclusive pictures of UNIOSUN Fashion Show Red Carpet.

http://bleechreports..com.ng/2016/01/event-report-uniosun-fashion-show.html
Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by thelegend1(m): 8:31am On Jan 25, 2016
Just get me to Jupiter and Saturn with my 40ft container nwanne

1 Like

Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by lovely17(m): 9:42am On Jan 25, 2016
I know most of this stuffs nah
Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by Dexema(m): 9:50am On Jan 25, 2016
girls have better sense of taste then boys? how come they still manage to "SALTilise" food every now and then? grin
Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by luthorcorp: 9:58am On Jan 25, 2016
I can imagine wink
Re: 20 Facts About Our World That Will Blow Your Freaking Mind by dazzlingd(m): 12:09pm On Jan 25, 2016
No 19

to add to that. There are billions of billions of stars in our galaxy, our sun is the smallest.

There are billions of galaxies in the universe.
The closest star to our sun is several light years away.

now tell me we are alone in the universe, better still that there is no God.
The power behind the creation of these things is worthy to be worshipped till eternity

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

FUTO Student Advertises Himself On Peak Milk Product (see Photo / African Refrigerator VS Oyibo Refrigerator / Why Chemical Engineering Is Not Studied In UNN. (MUST READ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.