Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). (26341 Views)

Man Sues Wife For Receiving Phone Calls At Odd Hours / Man Batters Wife For Not Swearing To Juju Over Infidelity (Photos) / My Uncle Slapped His Wife For Denying Him Sex Because Today Sunday!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 28, 2016
Mindfulness:

Well, I know many women who are married to men who earn less than them. I am one of them and I respect my husband very much. I have never been looking for money, maybe because I have never known poverty. In fact, I have always considered it ridiculous when a man tried to impress me with his money. I was like, what is so special about it? undecided I come from a family in which money has never been an issue.

I get what you are saying though. In the Nigerian context, where more than 50% of the population lives below the poverty line, women do want to marry someone who has money. Can you blame them?

I am sure that many women would rather choose a middle-class guy, who is good-looking and is nice to be around than a rich guy who makes their life a living hell.

The question is, do you want to be with such a woman?

It would seem whom like you are in the minority. Nevertheless, if women want to improve their fortunes by hooking an established man they should be honest about it, if they can't or won't I'm content with educating brothers on reality wink

Nobody would willingly walk into an disadvantageous situation, so it goes without saying I wouldn't choose that. Doesn't mean I can't unwittingly do so.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 28, 2016
Timbuktou:

It would seem whom like you are in the minority. Nevertheless, if women want to improve their fortunes by hooking an established man they should be honest about it, if they can't or won't I'm content with educating brothers on reality wink

Nobody would willingly walk into an disadvantageous situation, so it goes without saying I wouldn't choose that. Doesn't mean I can't unwittingly do so.

Tim, if majority of women are like you say, who will your brothers marry? grin tongue
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 28, 2016
Mindfulness:

Tim, if majority of women are like you say, who will your brothers marry? grin tongue

You don't see that marriage is already fvcked? Nairaland is testament to the fact that it's all eye-service now. People now just marry for the sake of it. Why else would anyone even consider the necessary ridiculosity that is a pre-nup among other security blankets. People are now going into mariage with a helmet and kevlar and full combat gear. angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jan 28, 2016
Timbuktou:

You don't see that marriage is already fvcked? Nairaland is testament to the fact that it's all eye-service now. People now just marry for the sake of it. Why else would anyone even consider the necessary ridiculosity that is a pre-nup among other security blankets. People are now going into mariage with a helmet and kevlar and full combat gear. angry angry angry

There are still millions of happy marriages / relationships all around the world. wink

1 Like

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
Mindfulness:

There are still millions of happy marriages / relationships all around the world. wink

I assure you, many in the millions you're citing would tell you different.

3 Likes

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
Timbuktou:

I assure you, many in the millions you're citing would tell you different.

Ok. Keep complaining then. lipsrsealed
I see a lot of couples I can rejoice with every day. smiley

Good night Tim.

The world is as you see it. wink
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 28, 2016
ColinAdua:
Oya! Let the cussing begin.

Wtf is this shocked oya op! Go Duck your house then... Approach on all the walls for all I care angry

Wa's occurring undecided
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 28, 2016
Mindfulness:

Ok. Keep complaining then. lipsrsealed
I see a lot of couples I can rejoice with every day. smiley

Good night Tim.

The world is as you see it. wink

Congratulations on your rejoicing ministry, but you're the one complaining about someone valuing a house over a wife. I'm sure that's happiness for him. Why can't you just let Colin be happy his own way?

Anyway, good night.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by crackhaus: 12:32am On Jan 29, 2016
plappville:

Only a baby minded teen would write such things about women.

A real man would not.
You know what i mean.

Walking out....
Damn, I hate dumb biitches...

3 Likes

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by crackhaus: 12:38am On Jan 29, 2016
Timbuktou:

Congratulations on your rejoicing ministry, but you're the one complaining about someone valuing a house over a wife. I'm sure that's happiness for him. Why can't you just let Colin be happy his own way?

Anyway, good night.
Because in the mind of most women, a man is automatically supposed to worship, adore, and respect them just for having a pucci....and we shouldn't blame women for thinking this way when guys like this still exist:
saintloveren:
ITS MY PLEASURE, can i use ur picture as the background of my phone?

gringrin

4 Likes

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 29, 2016
crackhaus:

Because in the mind of most women, a man is automatically supposed to worship, adore, and respect her for just having a pucci....and we shouldn't blame women for thinking this way when guys like this exist:

gringrin

Hehehe. There's one currently stinking up the family fun room. Pity, pity.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 29, 2016
Timbuktou:

Anyway, good night.

Where was I complaining about him getting a house instead of a wife?
He can even get a monkey instead of a wife. I am perfectly ok with it. I see no problem. And if he is happy, it is even better. There are enough miserable people already. wink
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by crackhaus: 1:37pm On Jan 29, 2016
Timbuktou:

Hehehe. There's one currently stinking up the family fun room. Pity, pity.
Only God will deliver us from fvck boys grin
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2016
crackhaus:
Only God will deliver us from fvck boys grin
Nna, I tire.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 30, 2016
Nubian113:

Wtf is this shocked oya op! Go Duck your house then... Approach on all the walls for all I care angry

Wa's occurring undecided

That's it!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 30, 2016
Mindfulness:

Seemingly happy marriages. Am 38years this year and I have lots of people around me that are married. I hope you know.

Marriage as designed by God was meant to be Heaven on earth, but when selfishness of man entered it, the ship sinked.

Touch anybody now they will give you the list of what to get obtain and achieve in marriage.

Am yet to see anyone, since am a man, any woman, who has the same believes I have about marriage.

I believe that marriage should be a sacrifice, a compromise, where you focus on giving, not taking or getting, where you place other people first, where you nurture, motivate, counsel, encourage, where you take blank lives and mould it into success, where you pilot with a lot of humility, honesty and integrity. etc

But how many women have this believes? They all want to get this and that. So I found out that I can't work with any woman, I decided to mind my business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 30, 2016
Mindfulness:

Where was I complaining about him getting a house instead of a wife?
He can even get a monkey instead of a wife. I am perfectly ok with it. I see no problem. And if he is happy, it is even better. There are enough miserable people already. wink

What a contradiction? Your post is indirectly filled with complaints or better still bitterness.

I DON'T LIKE MONKEYS. I LOVE DOGS!!!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 30, 2016
crackhaus:

Because in the mind of most women, a man is automatically supposed to worship, adore, and respect them just for having a pucci....and we shouldn't blame women for thinking this way when guys like this still exist:

gringrin

That's the problem.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 30, 2016
My main aim with this thread is not to attack marriage or women.

But to call the attention of my guys to something very important, in fact more important than having a wife.

Which is having your own house and redeeming your image as a man! This 2016. A lot of young men I met these days are not thinking about houses and investments, unlike older men, who always talk about investments and houses.

Younger men are like; babe this, babe that. Before you know it a lot of time has gone and they are regretting.

I would have put it under properties section but I realised that properties section is already filled with guys who value decent houses and homes so much.

This place is were I will meet a lot of guys who are wasting time and resources on things they'll later regret.

I don't have anything against marriage except the horrible selfish attitude of young women these days(they are so pompous and disrespectful) and the fact that the days are evil/hard, so lets carry less burden.

God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by PresVA: 10:02am On Jan 30, 2016
^^^^^^ keep your advice to yourself. . Leave other men to do what's best for them.... Some men are happily married. ..

Women this, women that, as if all men are saints. ..as there are 'bad' women, there are also 'bad' men. . It's a pity you've been meeting the 'wrong' ones.. Maybe, when you change your mindset, you would get someone better!
Also, those women you call bad are some other person's choice!
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 30, 2016
PresVA:
^^^^^^ keep your advice to yourself. . Leave other men to do what's best for them.... Some men are happily married. ..

Women this, women that, as if all men are saints. ..as there are 'bad' women, there are also 'bad' men. . It's a pity you've been meeting the 'wrong' ones.. Maybe, when you change your mindset, you would get someone better!
Also, those women you call bad are some other person's choice!

I want to ask you one simple question. Please tell yourself the truth. I don't know who are or how old you are, but lets assume you're an old man like me.

How many young women or little girls passes you on the street and say good day, these days?

Compare it with young men who does. Is it right? I can't close my mouth with the nauseating attitudes that women put up these days. Because they feel we are crazy about them.

Even little girls that I taught in secondary school while awaiting my call up, would pass me on the street and look me from head to toes.

Do men behave like that? I can't close my mouth until women get some sense.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
ColinAdua:

What a contradiction? Your post is indirectly filled with complaints or better still bitterness.

Shh. She didn't complain.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
ColinAdua:

Quote the posts that are filled with complaints and bitterness. Timbuktou resigned when I asked him to.

Get dogs then. Also fine with me. smiley smiley smiley
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
ColinAdua:

Seemingly happy marriages. Am 38years this year and I have lots of people around me that are married. I hope you know.

Marriage as designed by God was meant to be Heaven on earth, but when selfishness of man entered it, the ship sinked.

Touch anybody now they will give you the list of what to get obtain and achieve in marriage.

I am in my 30s too and I know enough people who are happily married. If you choose to see only unhappy marriages, well, I am not the one complaining here grin, it is your choice.

Am yet to see anyone, since am a man, any woman, who has the same believes I have about marriage.

I believe that marriage should be a sacrifice, a compromise, where you focus on giving, not taking or getting, where you place other people first, where you nurture, motivate, counsel, encourage, where you take blank lives and mould it into success, where you pilot with a lot of humility, honesty and integrity. etc

But how many women have this believes? They all want to get this and that. So I found out that I can't work with any woman, I decided to mind my business.

Frankly speaking, most people say the same crap about marriage that you have typed here and that's exactly the reason why they fail. Pardon my my bluntness.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 01, 2016
Mindfulness:

I am in my 30s too and I know enough people who are happily married. If you choose to see only unhappy marriages, well, I am not the one complaining here grin, it is your choice.

Frankly speaking, most people say the same crap about marriage that you have typed here and that's exactly the reason why they fail. Pardon my my bluntness.

Your are not blunt. You're insulting.

Well, you can say whatever you like, that's your business. You're the person that will answer for it one day, not me.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 01, 2016
Timbuktou:

Shh. She didn't complain.

"we should stop thinking in extremes", what is it to you? eeeeh.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 01, 2016
ColinAdua:

You didn't notice my sarcasm font?
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 01, 2016
Timbuktou:

You didn't notice my sarcasm font?

Okay! I thought its just a style.

Sorry, I didn't look well, something is bothering me since last week after watching a video.

I think I will open a thread about it.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 01, 2016
ColinAdua:

Your are not blunt. You're insulting.

Well, you can say whatever you like, that's your business. You're the person that will answer for it one day, not me.

Sorry, didn't mean to insult you.
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 01, 2016
ColinAdua:

A free lesson, it is. grin
Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 01, 2016
Wowzers...haha.

OP, I for one support you. There's no arguing the sheer agreeability and complacency of inanimate objects when compared to the complexity of the human species, man, woman. Go ahead and grow your business, acquire the object(s) most dear to you; buy your house and live the life of quiet, peaceful solitude you imagine and so desire for yourself. It's your choice and you're 100% entitled to it.

You shouldn't let anyone strong-arm you into anything you don't want, least of all marriage. It certainly is scary to embark and isn't for everyone. Understand that you're not alone in sharing this opinon with many a man and woman around the world. At 38, I suppose you've established your opinons as clearly as you've outlined it here, and if your family and/or community are still pressuring you, I reckon it likely won't be long now before they stop and finally get the message.

The best of luck and happiness with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50+ Reasons Why Your House Is Better Than A Wife (FOR GUYS ONLY). by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 01, 2016
ColinAdua:

Okay! I thought its just a style.

Sorry, I didn't look well, something is bothering me since last week after watching a video.

I think I will open a thread about it.

Sounds serious if it bothers you enough to consider opening a thread about it. Biko, wetin you watch?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets After 12 Years Of Waiting / Sex And Your Marriage: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Writes / Having A Child With Future Husband who already has one -Whom does he love more?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.