Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,930 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. (1742 Views)

Please What Happened To This Guy? I Saw Him Today At Olaiya Bustop In Osogbo. / I Wonder Why People Stay In A Corrosive Atmosphere Of Work And Remain There For / What Happened To Naijaloaded's Website Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by chocolateme(f): 10:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
You know the accustomed habit of waking up as early as 5am, bath and be on the way to work before 6:30.
Sometimes, you stop the ringing alarm and enjoy 20 more minutes of sleep only to open your eyes and see 7:30am on your clock (you would be shocked ofcourse)
So I happened to be opportuned to close by 3PM in the afternoon today, got home to my new found hours of freedom to sleep and sleep and sleep. I went straight to sleep, switched off my phones.
I just woke up an hour ago, without a second thought I knew I was sooo late for work that I overslept.
I dove into the bathroom, washed up, dressed up and still scared of looking at the time, picked my handbag and left the house.
Getting outside, everywhere was wtill dark and I thanked my stars, went to the junction to board a bus but noticed two things;
1: shops are open by that early??
2; too many people are outside for an early morning plus everywhere was too noisy and a heavy traffic. I became confused and that was when I decided to check the time for the first time.
My brothers and sisters, the time was 8:27PM still on today 24th Jan. Ok oo. I am back inside the house but sleep no gree me again. I guess I am not the only victim here.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by Cholls(m): 10:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
my sister nawa for you o.......I no even know watin to tell you sef.
Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by goodgate: 10:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
I experienced it a lot when i was much younger,when i was being forced to take siesta.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by Pwhitelaw(m): 10:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
chocolateme:
You know the accustomed habit of waking up as early as 5am, bath and be on the way to work before 6:30.
Sometimes, you stop the ringing alarm and enjoy 20 more minutes of sleep only to open your eyes and see 7:30am on your clock (you would be shocked ofcourse)
So I happened to be opportuned to close by 3PM in the afternoon today, got home to my new found hours of freedom to sleep and sleep and sleep. I went straight to sleep, switched off my phones.
I just woke up an hour ago, without a second thought I knew I was sooo late for work that I overslept.
I dove into the bathroom, washed up, dressed up and still scared of looking at the time, picked my handbag and left the house.
Getting outside, everywhere was wtill dark and I thanked my stars, went to the junction to board a bus but noticed two things;
2; too many people are outside for an early morning plus everywhere was too noisy and a heavy traffic. I became confused and that was when I decided to check the time for the first time.
My brothers and sisters, the time was 8:27PM still on today 24th Jan. Ok oo. I am back inside the house but sleep no gree me again. I guess I am not the only victim here.
....So funny op..it is because you anxious and want to wake early to avoid being late to work.Set your alarm and rest bae

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by rollUP(m): 10:43pm On Jan 24, 2016
D
Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by peter1994(m): 10:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
something similar has happened to me in the university during my 100L exams

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by chocolateme(f): 10:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
peter1994:
something similar has happened to me in the university during my 100L exams
lol tell me about it.
Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by 3kay945(m): 11:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
chocolateme:

This happens to young peeps sometimes... .... You actually got to your bus stop undecided

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by chocolateme(f): 11:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
3kay945:

This happens to young peeps sometimes... .... You actually got to your bus stop undecided
yes my bus stop which is actually in front of my compound gate, anything else u observed sir?

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by vicstar(m): 11:23pm On Jan 24, 2016
hmm lipsrsealed I guess u were sleep walking for u not to be dat observant of d atmosphere, uhm had it being u said 12am, I would have said is normal but 8pm shocked jeeez!! Am so dumbfounded!
Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by pweetyoge(f): 11:28pm On Jan 24, 2016
Yea i can very much relate to ur story...i thought i was the only one...it happened to me while i was still in secondary school(it was a boarding school). I came back to the hostel around 3pm, slept off with my uniform n socks till i can't say when..i totally blacked out, my friends claimed they woke me up for dinner bt i did not answer them..so i basically slept for hours..then all of a sudden, i woke up, wore my sandals thinking to myself it was already the next day and i was late for school..i dashed out of the hostel n went to the gate..it was locked..i became scared all the while thinking i must really be late..went back to the dorm n checked our hostel clock..Alas the time says 8.45pm..meaning it was still prep time n i got locked in the hostel...i was thinking something was wrong with the calendar or so...i had to tell my parents during mid term break o...sorry for the long story..i am just feeling relaxed that someone else has also experienced such...this Life is really a mystery

4 Likes

Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by chocolateme(f): 11:31pm On Jan 24, 2016
(uote author=vicstar post=42295911] hmm lipsrsealed I guess u were sleep walking for u not to be dat observant of d atmosphere, uhm had it being u said 12am, I would have said is normal but 8pm shocked jeeez!! Am so dumbfounded! [/quote]u need to have seen me as a rushian this night dressing up this night.I tire oo.
Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by kay9(m): 6:46am On Jan 25, 2016
Poor you. smiley smiley

Yeah it's happened to me too, but that was some donkey years ago. And it was no way near as serious as yours... though probably funnier.

Anyway I was maybe 13/14 ish, we were @ villa for Christmas, had a teeth complication plus fever, was given drugs... and I slept off. The sun was just above the horizon when I woke up, and I felt a lil better, so thinking I'd slept through the evening and night, I went around greeting folks "good morning sir, good morning ma, good morning auntie, uncle..." And they all answered appropriately! I only got clued in when I saw my kid bros them running around outside, looking dirty as hell. No way they'd played so hard and gotten so dirty before breakfast - this must still be yesterday! My folks all had a good laugh sha.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by HIbreed(m): 10:25am On Jan 25, 2016
chocolateme:
this is wonders of our subconscious mind. To ascertain this notion,try sleeping without your alarm,you'll still wake up by the time your body has been acclimatized to. Your body system was reprogrammed to sleep for a minimum of certain hours by your super conscious mind. Hastening to the bathroom as if you're already late to work was not your fault at all,you've programmed yourself to work that way.
Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by Ademat7(m): 10:32am On Jan 25, 2016
lol OP thanks for bringing up this
Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by calculator123(m): 11:28am On Jan 25, 2016
like the story of two guys i heard, had been reading like mad.Their exam was schedule by 12,one hour to the exam they slept uncontrollably only to wake exactly 12 the next day and started rushing down to the exam hall with all smiles.
Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by 3kay945(m): 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2016
chocolateme:
yes my bus stop which is actually in front of my compound gate, anything else u observed sir?

OK, no wonder. Unlike me that have to walk 7mins before getting to bus stop, so its very unlikely in my case.
Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by BLWeb: 4:07pm On Jan 25, 2016
@chocolateme

It has happened to me too but i didnt go all the way without checking the time first. I think you it happens when you are anxious for what the next day holds and then you place your anxiety over timing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by IVORY2009(m): 11:16pm On Jan 25, 2016
chocolateme:

Sorry about dat, but well things like this do happen, especially wen you are ill or slept alittle bit early in the day like frm 3-4pm, and in most cases wen you are anxious over setting stuff that is about to happen, sometimes some people will not be able to sleep, or they sleep and wakeup in between the night.
Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by poshestmina(f): 1:54am On Jan 26, 2016
Happened to me once too..Had a test to write around 7 am,i woke up around some minutes past 3 to start preparing and I was about rushing off before I decided to check the time

I slept back with my clothes and make up till after 7, ended up getting to class late sef

The other time too,i woke up in the night and started greeting everyone good morning. They still call me 'afin'(albino in Yoruba) sometimes because of that incident grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by MadeOfBlaq(m): 3:38pm On Jan 26, 2016
ever slept from afternoon till evening,and when u wake up u enter the palour and start greeting evribody good morning while its around 8pm?that was the only thing happening to me bak then...

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Me This Night, Wonder who else Has Experienced This. by somtoto(m): 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2016
i have experienced such my sister,yours was even better-i started kabashing on the road because i tot i was late n no time to pray

(1) (Reply)

Bloggers Needed! ! ! To Apply, Send In Your Email Address NOW! / BEDC Graduated Graduate, Technician Training Program Staffs / Why The Comparism Btwn Physicists And Mathematicians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.