Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,955 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Write A Winning CV - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Write A Winning CV (2457 Views)

Simple Guide On How To Write A Winning Resume / My Winning CV. Check It Out / 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Write A Winning CV by Carfeel(m): 11:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
The CV review process, remains a key, and in many cases, the first step for recruiters to sieve through hundreds, maybe thousands of applications from candidates.

Because your CV, along with all of the supporting information in your application, determines if you get interviewed, it’s obviously a critical first step that requires your very best shot.

There are no hard and fast rules for writing winning CVs, but the overall aim is to market yourself and your skills to an employer and convince them to call you for an interview or assessment.

While the content of your CV is of utmost importance, the presentation, look and feel also matters a great deal. Some key features that will make your CV stand out include, how well you manage the space on your CV, as well as how you arrange, and prioritize the information on your CV.

Read the full text and get free CV templates at www.khafeel.com

Be creative and have fun while you nail your dream job.

Re: Write A Winning CV by harrisconsult1(m): 6:43am On Jan 25, 2016
Is it necessary to put dates in your CV... like when you graduated for MSc and BSc, when you served and all... Cuz there was this CV I saw that got a high paying Job. To my amazement there was no date
Re: Write A Winning CV by okitz4(m): 7:15am On Jan 25, 2016
is it necessary dat we put all these colors and designs?....what about using Tables?
Re: Write A Winning CV by jashar(f): 10:49am On Jan 25, 2016
Hmmm....
Re: Write A Winning CV by Akkord4gov: 11:02am On Jan 25, 2016
Can I send my CV to you for editing? I will really appreciate. Your email pls.
Thanks
Re: Write A Winning CV by Carfeel(m): 9:46pm On Jan 25, 2016
harrisconsult1:
Is it necessary to put dates in your CV... like when you graduated for MSc and BSc, when you served and all... Cuz there was this CV I saw that got a high paying Job. To my amazement there was no date

There are no hard and fast rules to writing a CV. What works for a particular role may not be best fit for another.

However there are some generic concepts that helps put a good CV together.

As regards dates, they come in handy to show your prospective employer how you've kept yourself active from one year or period to another.

So if you obtained BSc in 2000, for instance, and you are applying for a job in 2003, a prospective employer wants to know what has transpired between 2000 and 2003.

Such gaps should be filled up with details such as work experience, schooling, voluntary/community service etc. The possibilities are endless.

You may read up some more information at www.khafeel.com
Re: Write A Winning CV by Carfeel(m): 9:48pm On Jan 25, 2016
Akkord4gov:
Can I send my CV to you for editing? I will really appreciate. Your email pls.
Thanks

You may check www.khafeel.com for download links to CV templates that you can edit and make the best of. Cheers.
Re: Write A Winning CV by Carfeel(m): 9:56pm On Jan 25, 2016
okitz4:
is it necessary dat we put all these colors and designs?....what about using Tables?

It depends on what role you are applying for, in what organisation, in what industry. A CV that works for a bank job may not fly for a role in a law firm, and most likely not an art gallery.

I'll advise one sticks to black and white if you are skeptical about colours. And even if you chose to add colours to your CV, it should just be a touch, with more of white background and black (or dark) text.

Tables surely help with space management, for those who can use them appropriately.
Re: Write A Winning CV by Nobody: 7:47am On May 05, 2016
Carfeel:

There are no hard and fast rules to writing a CV. What works for a particular role may not be best fit for another.

However there are some generic concepts that helps put a good CV together.

As regards dates, they come in handy to show your prospective employer how you've kept yourself active from one year or period to another.

So if you obtained BSc in 2000, for instance, and you are applying for a job in 2003, a prospective employer wants to know what has transpired between 2000 and 2003.

Such gaps should be filled up with details such as work experience, schooling, voluntary/community service etc. The possibilities are endless.

You may read up some more information at www.khafeel.com
Sometimes when a potential employer wants to know what you have been doing withing this period after school. Supposing you have not been engaged in anything, is it proper to tell such potential employer that you have been submitting your CV and searching for job?

(1) (Reply)

Latest Update From N-power To 2017 Applicant / Drury Industries Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (23 Positions) / Icpc Recruitment Process 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.