Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here (2037 Views)

Vacancy At Precise Lighting Stores- Technical Support And Website Management / Ican May 2018 Diet (lets Meet Here) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by kaycodes: 1:07am On Jan 25, 2016
Hey guys,

I see a lot of thread for different professionals on Nairaland, I believe that we have customer service professionals in the house.

Please share your experience, comments and suggestion here.

You can simply start by introducing yourself, and the environment you work in, not necessarily your organisation details

Like they say, customers are always right. However we at the other end of the phone line know that this is never the case.

Whether you're just there to make customers feel better about their day or you're in the technical side of things, I believe we can share ideas and learn from each other as different companies have different standards when it comes to customer satisfaction.

Personally I am a Technical support engineer with an international software company, and having to deal with customers from a totally different culture has been challenging as well as rewarding. At my company we believe in delivering the WOW Experience, these guys take support to a whole new level.

Customer support managers are also welcome to share their experience on the job and advice on relevant certifications and training.

I hope to hear from you guys.
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by Creamychic(f): 7:55pm On Jan 25, 2016
I'm a Customer Service Professional and I love what I do. It could be challenging sometimes, especially when dealing with difficult customers, but I've come to enjoy even those encounters. It's a shift job and that's where I have the MOST challenge @kaycodes
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by kaycodes: 12:02am On Jan 26, 2016
Creamychic:
I'm a Customer Service Professional and I love what I do. It could be challenging sometimes, especially when dealing with difficult customers, but I've come to enjoy even those encounters. It's a shift job and that's where I have the MOST challenge @kaycodes

Welcome to the club.

With my introverted personality, I never felt I would love dealing with people that much until now. Maybe it's because of the environment where I work or something, but there is something about being able to help people that keeps me going.

As for the challenges, yeah the timing can be awful sometimes, personally my schedule, although not shift based, but is also a bit difficult as I have to work during US Eastern Standard Time.

One of the beauty of supporting people in my role is, I learn something new each day.

Someday we can compare notes on our organisations approach to support in line with international best practices.

So basically what certifications are you aiming for... Am personally planning to take the ITILv3 Intermediate certifications now. As am working towards a management role.
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by Creamychic(f): 6:51pm On Jan 26, 2016
Being able to help people keeps me going too. Plus nothing can compare to that feeling of satisfaction after resolving an issue that seemed liked a tough nut. I enrolled in a customer service institute and took some courses that led to a Customer Service Professional certification. I'm also considering ITIL, though I'm not in the technical support field @kaycodes

1 Like

Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by KINGTELLER: 9:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
kaycodes:

. Am personally planning to take the ITILv3 Intermediate certifications now. As am working towards a management role.

Kaycode can I do a self study of ITILv3 and pass the exam when I enroll ?
How can I get the e-book material or dumps?
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by kaycodes: 11:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
@creamychic, yeah I think you should consider ITIL its not really focused on technical folks. Its really more about understanding SLA and support deliverables.

What is expected from each tier or level in a support organisation....

Could you please share hiwbyour organisation measures KPI of support personnel? I believe that is usually a main driver in ensuring quality support deliverables.
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by kaycodes: 11:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
@Kingteller, yeah you can self study... I did that as well and am also gonna follow the same approach. I wrote mine at the British council. The exam for the foundation level is really easy to do.

Please let me know if you need further information.
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by KINGTELLER: 6:33am On Jan 27, 2016
kaycodes:
@Kingteller, yeah you can self study... I did that as well and am also gonna follow the same approach. I wrote mine at the British council. The exam for the foundation level is really easy to do.

Please let me know if you need further information.
Yes, I need further info, the e-book, how do I get it?
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by Creamychic(f): 9:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
KPIs are measured by Agent Schedule Adherence, Service Level Agreement, Quality Rating, Average Handling Time, and first call resolution.

we get daily, weekly and monthly reports. If a representative gets below 85% for 3 consecutive months, he/she gets called out. You might even get a warning mail, depending on how bad the performance is. @kaycodes
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by kaycodes: 12:41am On Feb 05, 2016
KINGTELLER:

Yes, I need further info, the e-book, how do I get it?

I'll go through my hard drive over the weekend, I believe I should have that book somewhere.
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by kaycodes: 12:44am On Feb 05, 2016
Creamychic:
KPIs are measured by Agent Schedule Adherence, Service Level Agreement, Quality Rating, Average Handling Time, and first call resolution.

we get daily, weekly and monthly reports. If a representative gets below 85% for 3 consecutive months, he/she gets called out. You might even get a warning mail, depending on how bad the performance is. @kaycodes

For us we have a weekly ticket target.

KPI's are measured through customer's assessment of their support experience. It's a perform or quit kind of environment.

The beauty is you get to know where you stand on a daily basis, and there are willing colleagues and managers to help you develop into top notch talent.
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by kaycodes: 12:46am On Feb 05, 2016
Okay, if ya'll are interested in joining my company and if you got the required skillset, then I encourage all to apply.

Are you ready to join the 1% of global talent?

Then this role might be a good fit if you can meet the requirements.

Apply for a customer support position at Crossover for work.

https://www.crossover.com/x/#/redirect/job/679

Follow the link for full Job description.

A passing knowledge of Java programming language is required. Plus 3 years experience is required.

This role is with DevFactory. Performance is always rewarded at DevFactory.

$40,000 dollars per annum shocked shocked
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by examdeal: 10:47am On Feb 16, 2016
KINGTELLER:

Kaycode can I do a self study of ITILv3 and pass the exam when I enroll ?
How can I get the e-book material or dumps?

You can get ITIL DVD Video tutorial and Exam questions from www.examdeal.net
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by Eddodoh(m): 6:07pm On Feb 16, 2016
I am a Customer Care Rep in a BPO. Which relevant IT certification can I get to boost my career?
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by examdeal: 7:54am On Feb 17, 2016
Eddodoh:
I am a Customer Care Rep in a BPO. Which relevant IT certification can I get to boost my career?

You can take ITIL certification , then take Microsoft office certification .

Get all materials from examdeal.net
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by Eddodoh(m): 12:41pm On Feb 17, 2016
examdeal:

You can take ITIL certification , then take Microsoft office certification .

Get all materials from examdeal.net
Thanks. I saw your Training Videos on examdeal.com and it's interesting. However, some pple advised I practice on my own b4 seeking certification.

I will appreciate your sincere advice.
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by kaycodes: 10:19pm On Feb 17, 2016
Eddodoh:

Thanks. I saw your Training Videos on examdeal.com and it's interesting. However, some pple advised I practice on my own b4 seeking certification.

I will appreciate your sincere advice.

It's always good to practice before attaining certification.

Certificate is a show of proof.

While knowledge gained through constant practice is a show of competence... That's just my opinion.
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by Eddodoh(m): 10:52pm On Feb 17, 2016
kaycodes:

While knowledge gained through constant practice is a show of competence... That's just my opinion.
Thanks
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by examdeal: 8:56am On Feb 18, 2016
kaycodes:

You hit the nail on the head! ha! Did you come out with this quote from your head or you copied it.
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by kaycodes: 2:31am On Feb 19, 2016
examdeal:

You hit the nail on the head! ha! Did you come out with this quote from your head or you copied it.

Well that was from my head...

Thanks .

1 Like

Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by kaycodes: 12:17am On Mar 17, 2016
Well not to just share experience, also sharing opportunities.

If you're up for the challenge

Versata is recruiting

https://www.crossover.com/x/#/redirect/job/384

All the best as you apply.
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by kaycodes: 11:00am On Apr 04, 2016
Here is another opportunity for professionals and aspiring IT CS peeps.
https://www.controlrisks.com/en/careers/africa

Service delivery analyst role.

1 Like

Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by okikiosibodu(m): 9:49am On Oct 08, 2016
I hope this thread is still alive. I just got a job in a telecommunication company for the post of C.C.R., and just started training of recent. The trainers have been scaring me (I can only speak for myself not sure colleagues) of how callers will be rude raining insults o the unfortunate CCR that handles the call,some even curse and some crazy callers go ahead to chant incantations- I see imagine one going through a rough night , rushing through through early morning traffic of Lasgidi under an heavy down pour, skipping his breakfast so as not to be late, and now resuming duty to get a frustrated customer vetting his anger on one.
I never knew I could be an angry customer until when I went went get a device as a shop with with with inscription "SLOT" (unknowingly to me, it's one ibo guy's shop that he just tushed it up). I paid for my device and he gave me my receipt instantly without giving me the device. I waited f more than 5mins thinking he was Searching for it, but let out some anger when he was about to attend to another person. After small "para from my end, he had to give me my phone after he was insisting he gave it to me (I was like: when?! Where?! How?!).
After all that drama sha, I inspected the receipt meticulously to see if the imei number of the phone was inscribed on the receipt (I didn't see him write anything, the receipt was just a print-out), but didn't see it. I asked him how I will prove the receipt is for the device in question, but his response was "Oga you too like question...when you come, we will know". I had to let out my anger. How will you talk to a customer like that? It's only natural for one to get curious about something he put his money into, and his doubts has to be cleared. It was when I was raising my voice and making a scene, that they all started to apologise and treat yourself like. Customer that I am (probably they underestimated me initially 'cause of my physical size).
Cut the long story short, yesterday just gave me an idea of what I will be experiencing as. CCR, from aggravated customers. CCR will mostly like bare the sins of technical department, and mistakes/errors of other depts. And if the caller is a 5yr old kid sef, a CCR is suppose to apologise and not talk back ( what a tough reaction). I hope to be visiting the thread subsequently, to get tips advices, helps, etc. See you all at the top.
Pardon any typoerror. My phone and I constantly fight for ownership of the phone grin
Re: Customer/technical Support Professionals lets meet here by kaycodes: 9:16am On Oct 12, 2016
Thanks for sharing your experience, if there is anything I have learnt on the job, it's that customers have the right to be angry, and dealing with angry customers is a skill that you must develop.

I remember screaming at a GTB customer service rep one day only to start apologising to her at the end of the call because the issue was obviously not her fault.

One rule of thumb I follow is "treat others how I like to be treated"

Customer service has got to be the most difficult job ever especially if it's in technical support, then you're in some real ish, trying to balance troubleshooting with managing angry folks.

I've got an example coming right up....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Sure Ways To Creatively Increase Your Work Output / Please Can Someone Work Fulltime For Two Companies In Nigeria At The Same Time / Salary In The Nigerian Navy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.