Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? (7405 Views)

Poll: Nollywood or Hollywood?

Nollywood: 17% (8 votes)
Hollywood: 82% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

Korean Films Vs Hollywood/American Films, Which Do You Like More / Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? / Nollywood vs Hollywood? Please Spare Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by stylgirl(f): 9:08am On Nov 08, 2005
I was having an argument with zig$zag about this topic, so I would like to know your opinions.

As for me I'll go for Nollywood!
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by queen2(f): 9:18am On Nov 08, 2005
I will go for both
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by IAH(f): 9:26am On Nov 08, 2005
Hahahaha...comparing nollywood with hollywood is laughable. A complete joke!
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by nferyn(m): 10:53am On Nov 08, 2005
What is best, a bike or a sports car? They're both modes of transportation.
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by fabian(f): 11:45am On Nov 08, 2005
Hm, is this real? rolleyes
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by snowsdream(f): 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2005
I dont think Nollywood can be compared to Hollywood. The ability of the films to come out uniqe is best seen in Hollywood. Thoug nollywood is still coming up.
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by da808cutie(f): 6:07pm On Nov 08, 2005
those two cant be compared, even though they're in the same field, they're on completely different levels
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by damygurl(f): 3:20am On Nov 09, 2005
hollywood! don't get me wrong i luv Nigeria but we still got a long way to go and as they already said we not exactly on da same level. Hollywood has been standing and doing its thang b4 nollywod and they got lots of technology we don't have!
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by ababoy1(m): 2:42pm On Nov 09, 2005
Lets start with Bollywood and work our way up....

Walk before you run - abi?
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by icingbaby(f): 12:39am On Nov 18, 2005
why will any one compare Nollywood with Hollywood, we all know Hollywood is the best.
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by Ajisafe: 5:52am On Nov 18, 2005
This is nothing but a waste of time! What!
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by snazzydawn(f): 7:00pm On Nov 20, 2005
Stylgirl,you must be a real joker to even bring up this post.Seun is really patient oooo.Well,freedom of expression,that's what it's called.
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by Bisanke(f): 11:17am On Feb 12, 2006
Ah this is a hard question 4 me o. But i can't pick anyways b cause hollywood is great and nollywood also is great in it's own way too so there both good to me.
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by eveseh(f): 9:45pm On Apr 26, 2006
hollywood
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by lauryn(f): 4:51pm On Apr 27, 2006
Duh!
Hollywood of course!
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by jagunlabi(m): 4:52pm On Apr 27, 2006
LMAO!The starter of this thread is not serious one bit.Nollywood and hollywood? shocked
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by Seun(m): 9:13am On Jun 06, 2006
Many Nigerians actually prefer nollywood movies because they can identify with the storylines. It's funny how Nigerians find it easy to believe that Nollywood movies are based on real life. Some peoples' belief in the eficacy of juju can be traced to Nollywood films featuring juju that they watched when they were younger!
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:07am On Jun 06, 2006
Please, this post is really raking my back soo much i am bleeding,

Nollywood is home-video as in one-man witha camera running after the cast with a corny script in hand.

The best i have seen so far in terms of plot, cast and originality happened to come from the past

1: Two of Herbert Ogunde's
2: Obalende
3: Things Fall Apart
4: (i forgot the title but you could tell so much work went into it and it - in year 2000.)

Anyway, you could chalk-up a whole semester analyzing Nollywood. the sum of the equation is simple,

We do not have movie producers or film-makers, we have movie enthusiasts who have steadily matured into "EPIC" making producers, tehehe grin. if only they could invest in some theater education and real movie academies, we can stand toe-to-toe with Hollywood, but no, no , no, we would rather go to Uganda with a stupid script that focuses on Uganda's exotic locations and ibo-flute music. (They aim to beat Totsi come next awards).

I rest my case, if only the Zeb Ejiros would do their jobs well
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by jeffolala(f): 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2006
the difference is clear 7-up
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by Pendo(f): 3:56pm On Jun 06, 2006
Of course Hollywood!!
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by bosbee(f): 5:41pm On Jun 06, 2006
re:nollywood vs hollywood

though nollywood is coming up in its own little way, it would be foolhardy comparing the two.
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by omogenaija(f): 3:49am On Jun 07, 2006
of course me i voted for nollywood. because i will always love the naija film industry.

anyways i know hollywood is better now, because the economy is better. but once naija steps it up hollywood will have nothing on nollywood.
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by wiseguy(m): 11:37am On Jun 07, 2006
Excuse me! Hold it there guys. What! how dare you compare? what is it to be compared please? is it the originality, the video, acting, music, directing or the technology? what is to be compared? Nollywood is at best to be called jujuwood as if all our life depends on Juju. Nothing else. You hardly watch up to 3 Nigerian films without any one having a juju connection. The only deviation is when Ramsey noah or Emeka Ike is falling in love with any of the gals or when kanayo is looking for someone's wife to sleep with. That's all. That is Nollywood for U.
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by Shagari2(m): 11:10pm On Jun 07, 2006
Hmmm, let me see, Genevieve Nnaji or Halle Berry, emmmmmmmmm ??

Genevieve Nnaji jo!!
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by owo2390(m): 11:15pm On Jun 07, 2006
Shagari2:

Hmmm, let me see, Genevieve Nnaji or Halle Berry, emmmmmmmmm  ??

Genevieve Nnaji jo!!

In this Comparison, are we talking about beauty or talent.
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by Shagari2(m): 12:56am On Jun 08, 2006
ok for once only I'm gonna be serious, owo2390, how do you think Gen would do if she had Halle's resources backing her, she does all she does in front of some amateurs cheap camera on a budjet of $500, and as for beauty, Halle's got the best beauticians in the world at her beck and call, still don't think she looks any better than Gen.

Thats my last serious comment on Nairaland, life's tough enough!
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by Queen1(f): 1:41pm On Jun 08, 2006
why in heavens's sake will anybody compare hollywood with nollywood?there is no similarity whatsoever! Hollywood is the bang.Hollywood is the best!
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:42pm On Jun 08, 2006
word! kiss kiss
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by Idekeson(m): 4:10am On Jun 09, 2006
Could you guys stop using the irritating word "Nollywood" for the Nigeria home video industry.
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 11, 2006
Who the hell brought up this topic, i jus pray Hotstepper wont read this post, but i'll still speak my mind, angry angryY in heavens would u compare Nollywood with Hollywood, com'on even Bollywood, u cant compare Nollywood wit Bollywood.
Get a grip, and compare Nollywood with Zimbabwe, but if u're talking about our music, we are trying O!
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by ddizzle(f): 2:04am On Jun 12, 2006
to be completely honest ill say hollywood but i think nollywood is going places but there are a few things they need to correct like the ways they cheat the stars in Loyalties!! in hollywood before they make a part two they have to consult you or settle you but here they shoot one film then cut it into two films without paying the stars thats wrong!! hollywood is just an image, must of the things they do involves computer graphics if we can incorporate that into our nigerian movies then we can compare them but for now ill go with hollywood

1 Like

Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by QueenB1(f): 9:22am On Jun 12, 2006
This questione is like hahahaha. How can ya all compare Nolly with Holly ha? . Its like comparing Will Smith or Denzel Washington with Jim Iyke or RMD. And Rita D. with Gabrielle Union and Halle Berry. angry. Hollywood ROCKS. For shizzzzzzzzzzyy kiss tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MUSIC: Superwozzy Ft Zlatan - Na Them Dey Rush Us / Best 2016 Season Films / Video : SELINA TESTED EPISODE 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.