Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris (4584 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by Backslider(m): 7:01pm On Jun 26, 2009
I listened to Pastor Chris doctrine on trinity

He was doing alright untill he said that the New name of God was "in the name of the son the father and the Holy Ghost"

He went into deeper error that since the bible said that in him the
The Whole Fulness of the Godhead Dwells in Him Bodily
This means that the new name of God is Jesus

I think this is a grave error.

God is not manifesting as 3 entities. They are 3 persons in the God head nothing more nothing less.

I will post the link later

1 Like

Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by Tudor6(f): 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2009
The charlatan is busy amassing money for private jets while buying lambourghinis for his brother. . .he obviously has a lot on his mind
Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by Tudor6(f): 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2009
Why is there confusion in the body of christ eh?
Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by jagunlabi(m): 12:16pm On Jun 29, 2009
Because they practice free for all (mis)interpretations of their scriptures.What else do you expect from such a chaotic situation?
Tudór:

Why is there confusion in the body of christ eh?
Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by Tonyet1(m): 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2009
Ah this topic again about Trinity? hmmm

@poster,

- On whom do you base your knowledge? from Pastors or the WORD OF GOD?

- did i hear someone say that the pastors are to teach us? if i did, then you asked right,

- but then if we take the pastors relationship with us as unto a SHEPHERD 'n' SHEEP r/ship , then we ought to know that the pastors are only called to take us to where the right food is (from the Bible) while we (the sheep)are expected to feed ourselves

with this in view, i say it is not enough to listen to everything the MOGs says as we have a part to search the scriptures for ourselves, for in then can we say we know for ourselves by the Holyspirit

@Topic,

The problem with we christians today is that we dont seem to really know who this God we are serving is, and his trinity legend that we profess

who is God?

- with a divine privileage i wish to say that, God is not a personality, God is not an object/subject, God doesnt have a form, God doesnt look like what our little imaginations say He is, Rather God can take up a personality as he so wishes,and can take up an object, a form and an expression of our imaginations if He so wishes.

"What makes God God is the secrets of Himself that he conceals about Himself from Man", men who have seen a little side come up and says He looks like a light, others say He looks like a Fire, while yet another says He is a personality hence a supernatural being (pls read this passages Proverbs.25:2, Deut.29:29, Rom.11:33). The day Mere men know all about God, then God will seize to exist, and will only be reverenced as a extra-supernatural man, but then it can never happen.God will always be God.

What is this trinity legend all about?

- Yeah the word trinity never appeared anywhere in the scriptures, but then i wish to say the Phenomenon is true. how?

- If you read my posts here, then you'd have come across my explanation of this thing we call MAN

- Man is a design that has a form and originates from God(Gen.1:26, 27), and Adam(which means red earth) was privilaeged to be the first to carry this design called man

- A pure and undefiled state of this design existed in Heaven, hence the scriputres(John.1:1-3)

-Christ Jesus is referred to as the Last Adam meaning "He became the carrier of the last design(the pure design) and put up the form of an earth(flesh) hence the name GOD IN THE FLESH (John.1:14)

- The Holy spirit which means pneuma hagion
(from Barnes' Notes, Electronic Database Copyright © 1997, 2003 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.),  is the spirit that upheld the Lordship(ruler) and Christ(saviour) in Jesus,and made him fulfill his ministry of redemption here on earth. God never wanted this last design to get corrupted and so he sent His spirit to help Jesus hence the name THE SPIRIT OF GOD (Matt.3:16, 12:28)

Yes i'll agree that they fxned specifically, but then never fxned seperately
Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by Tudor6(f): 2:12pm On Jun 29, 2009
Based on what you wrote above is pastor chris right or wrong?
Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by Tonyet1(m): 2:53pm On Jun 29, 2009
@Tudor

Listen to that message again from the link and you'll know that the man Chris is truely a teacher of the word,

He was totally right, and besides he did not even say any of such as alleged by the poster

THE SPIRIT OF GOD IS ONE! no need for arguments pls!
Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by toneyb: 3:08pm On Jun 29, 2009
tonye-t:

who is God?

- with a divine privileage i wish to say that, God is not a personality, God is not an object/subject, God doesnt have a form, God doesnt look like what our little imaginations say He is, Rather God can take up a personality as he so wishes,and can take up an object, a form and an expression of our imaginations if He so wishes.

What is this Is it not the bible that says god created man in his own image? All these ridiculous explanation to explain away the ridiculous assertion of the trinity. Did any god come to you and tell you that he is not an object/subject, formless and can take up any personality he so wishes or are these part of the imaginary conception and attribution that we see all the time?  grin grin

1 Like

Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by Tonyet1(m): 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2009
@my name sake

have you taken time to read the posts to the end and understand my illustration better, rather than cutting a phrase, that aint matured you know?

and pls learn to edit your posts well before posting it, there are so much mistakes and typo errors wink
Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2009
Backslider, you're the one in deep error here. Pastor Chris was right.
Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by Tudor6(f): 4:21pm On Jun 29, 2009
You should know that backslider is spirit filled. . . .what are your credentials?
Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by Tonyet1(m): 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2009
CREDENTIALS sad sad
Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by Tudor6(f): 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2009
Yes, Are you spirit filled
Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by Tonyet1(m): 5:17pm On Jun 29, 2009
dont tell me you dont read signatures? grin grin grin
Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by Tudor6(f): 5:36pm On Jun 29, 2009
Yeah right!
Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by Backslider(m): 5:50pm On Jun 29, 2009
@David  Tonye-t

The message I listened to said that the new name of God is one which he said was Jesus christ. Now he went further to say that since the discples account of baptism in Acts says that Baptise in the name of Jesus the new name of God is Jesus.

Now the new name of the word is Jesus and not the Totality of God head. The God head has 3 persons and we are to be baptized by the

Name of the father the son and the Holy Ghost.

Pastor Chris said in the message that since it did not say in the[b] Names [/b]of the father the  of the son and the Holy Ghost it therefore meant that in Mentioning Jesus at Baptism you have covered the three.

This I say is error and has no basis in Scripture. If an angel came to tell me that he wants to baptize anyone in the name of Jesus alone i will say he is in error.

1 Like

Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by donnie(m): 10:58pm On Jun 29, 2009
I presume you have never come across any of these scriptures since you were born:

Col 2:9-
For in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Col 1:19-
For it pleased the father that in Him should all fullness dwell.

John 1:1-
. . . And the Word was God.

and I do not need an angel to know that you are already walking in error Backslider (i wish i didn't have to call you by that name).
Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by Backslider(m): 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2009
@donnie

call me whatever you like.

Jesus is not the trinity? Yes or No

The phrase “in the name of Jesus” has been twisted by the Oneness sect to narrow the formula of baptism to certain words. It is true Peter said, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins” (Acts 2:38). This sect claims that Peter gave the formula. But no person had the power to authorize the formula except the Son of God. The phrase “in the name of Jesus” meant “by the authority of Jesus” you should be baptized. In other words, Peter was declaring that Jesus commanded baptism; this is what is meant by the phrase “in Jesus name.”

For example a police officer may command a thief who flees the scene of the crime, “Stop in the name of the Law!” He is not saying this is the formula to use in stopping criminals, but rather, the officer is authorize to stop thieves because the Law gave him authority. Peter was saying the same thing: be baptized because Jesus authorized us to baptize you. Peter was not giving the formula for baptism but his claim of authority.

Who within the Godhead gave instruction to baptize? Jesus is the one who told us to baptize. The Father under the Old Covenant did not command it; it is a command given by Jesus in the Great Commission. So the question then is “how” did He tell us to baptize? Clearly in Matthew 28:19 Jesus says, “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” This is the formula or manner of baptism. The formula or manner of baptism must come only from the One who authorized and commanded baptism—and that is Jesus. No one after Him can change the formula, and the book of Acts does not change the formula, but only clarifies Who authorized baptism.
Some argue that the names Father and Son are “titles” and thus are not "names". Those who argue the point miss the words of Jesus. He said to baptize in the “name” of the Father, Son and Spirit. He did not say in the “title” of the Father, Son and Spirit. The reason is simple; there is no distinction in ancient customs between a name and a title. They are one and the same. Consider this: most names come from titles. For example, the name "Johnson" means "son of Johnson." It is now shortened, however it is both a “name” and a "title”. Many names were originally titles: like Carpenter, Plumber, King, ect.
Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by wackhack(m): 4:28pm On Jun 30, 2009
Dear friends,
permit me to write as regard this issues in my own little ways of understanding and knowledge in the things of God. You've all spoken well but one thing i will like to call your attention to is that debating on the word of God will only multiply to many error and disillusion. God's word are not meant to be debate on rather its the glory of a King to conceal a matter and its the duty of a prince to search it out. Why quoting from what one said or other? If truely this God is also your God why can't you seek Him, ask question as regard this issues and allow Him to explain things to you as they are. Don't forget that the truth you know is the one that will set you free but the one you don't know keeps you in total darkness until light comes. I will commend all of you to go back to your bible, search out this things with sincere prayer to God and lay down all you ever being taught or learn either from your pastor or by your own effort and be open to Him. I'm sure He will answer all your questions.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by Tokpa1: 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2018
Any pastor that teaches Trinity is not sent by God to men.
Trinity is degrading to the throne and love of God and should be banned from our pulpits.
Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by enilove(m): 4:44pm On Nov 27, 2018
Tonyet1:
Ah this topic again about Trinity? hmmm

@poster,

- On whom do you base your knowledge? from Pastors or the WORD OF GOD?

- did i hear someone say that the pastors are to teach us? if i did, then you asked right,

- but then if we take the pastors relationship with us as unto a SHEPHERD 'n' SHEEP r/ship , then we ought to know that the pastors are only called to take us to where the right food is (from the Bible) while we (the sheep)are expected to feed ourselves

with this in view, i say it is not enough to listen to everything the MOGs says as we have a part to search the scriptures for ourselves, for in then can we say we know for ourselves by the Holyspirit

@Topic,

The problem with we christians today is that we dont seem to really know who this God we are serving is, and his trinity legend that we profess

who is God?

"What makes God God is the secrets of Himself that he conceals about Himself from Man", men who have seen a little side come up and says He looks like a light, others say He looks like a Fire, while yet another says He is a personality hence a supernatural being (pls read this passages Proverbs.25:2, Deut.29:29, Rom.11:33). The day Mere men know all about God, then God will seize to exist, and will only be reverenced as a extra-supernatural man, but then it can never happen.God will always be God.

What is this trinity legend all about?

- Yeah the word trinity never appeared anywhere in the scriptures, but then i wish to say the Phenomenon is true. how?

- If you read my posts here, then you'd have come across my explanation of this thing we call MAN

- Man is a design that has a form and originates from God(Gen.1:26, 27), and Adam(which means red earth) was privilaeged to be the first to carry this design called man

- A pure and undefiled state of this design existed in Heaven, hence the scriputres(John.1:1-3)

-Christ Jesus is referred to as the Last Adam meaning "He became the carrier of the last design(the pure design) and put up the form of an earth(flesh) hence the name GOD IN THE FLESH (John.1:14)

- The Holy spirit which means pneuma hagion
(from Barnes' Notes, Electronic Database Copyright © 1997, 2003 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.),  is the spirit that upheld the Lordship(ruler) and Christ(saviour) in Jesus,and made him fulfill his ministry of redemption here on earth. God never wanted this last design to get corrupted and so he sent His spirit to help Jesus hence the name THE SPIRIT OF GOD (Matt.3:16, 12:28)

Yes i'll agree that they fxned specifically, but then never fxned seperately

What nonsense is this ? It is glaring you dont read the Bible to learn , but you read it for reading sakes .
The scriptures below make one to know that God the Father , Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are different entities:

John 14:16,26 KJV
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
[26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

You also wrongly said God does not have a form .
From Genesis to Revelation , the Bible makes us to know that God has a form :

Exodus 33:22-23 KJV
And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my HAND while I pass by:
[23] And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my BACK PARTS : but my FACE shall not be seen.

Genesis 1:26 KJV
And God said, Let us make man in OUR IMAGE, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Revelation 5:1-4 KJV
And I saw in the right HAND of him that SAT on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
[2] And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
[3] And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
[4] And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

The Bible says it all . Whatever point you want to make , make sure it is rooted in the Bible and stop inputting your opinions.
Re: Error On Trinity By Pastor Chris by Tokpa1: 11:37pm On Nov 27, 2018
These are the unadulterated truths the bible presents.
1. That the Father alone is the true God.
2. Jesus as much as us are Sons of God, but Jesus was the first begotten from the dead, that in everything he might have the preeminence.
3. The Holy Spirit is the divine presence of God that works in his children, either unto wisdom or power or protection...
4. The nonsensical idea of a triune God negates the new testament, it makes void the blood of Christ.

(1) (Reply)

My Dear Alexleo I Beg To Differ With You On The Lords Chosen / At Last , Scientists Prove Life After Death / [download Album.] Mali Music The Transition Of Mali Full

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.