Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India (35368 Views)

Oil Bunkerers Arrested For Mixing Original Diesel With Kerosene In Lagos (Photos / Ben Bruce Compares Trump & Obasanjo: Both Are Womanisers That Like Pretty Ladies / How Much Is One Litter Of Kerosene In Your Area ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by ril19(m): 1:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
EVEN if you wouldn't give him any credit remember that at least his periodic questions and points do help to open our eyes to some of the annormally of our government.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by kulobyno: 1:01pm On Jan 26, 2016
If a senator ask me who I go ask?

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by empire64: 1:01pm On Jan 26, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by lielbree: 1:02pm On Jan 26, 2016
Speak on Mr common sense God bless u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by yemmight(m): 1:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
As usual, so dissapointed in Bruce. If any Prophet will predict beforehand that this is the kind of behavior this man will exhibit at the Senate, I will never believe him.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by sirthisthickkal: 1:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
Goke7:

someone told me last week that Ben bruce is an empty barrel after all, He should have continued with his beauty pageant business. I agreed totally with that person. I hope voters will be wiser next time
Ben Bruce can also be compared to the likes of dino melaye who we thought was a man willing to fight and die for his people, but look at him now ever since he became a senator the tune has changed,he is more determined in fighting for the selfish interest of his fellow senators thereby neglecting the masses who voted for him. A wise man once said "to define the true character of a man ,give him money and power".

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
Ebubeslym:
Monsieur Common sense.

Watch as the masturbators attack him and leave out the msg he passed.

Why don't he propose a motion where he works,This guy is just frustrated-
Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
May the children & generation of those stealing from Nigeria never know peace in their lives
Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by hombre(m): 1:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
vedaxcool:
A simple google would have revealed to morro.n Bruce that india pays subsidy on kerosene.

Government caps kerosene subsidy at Rs 12/litre, LPG at Rs 18/kg

Kerosene through public distribution system (PDS) is sold at Rs 14.96 per litre against the actual cost of Rs 29.91. The difference between the two, Rs 14.95 per litre, is termed as under-recovery or revenue loss.
While the government will provide Rs 12 to meet most of this, the remaining Rs 2.95 will be borne by oil producers ONGC and Oil India Ltd, he said.

http://m.timesofindia.com/business/india-business/Government-caps-kerosene-subsidy-at-Rs-12/litre-LPG-at-Rs-18/kg/articleshow/48421993.cms

God bless you.

Over to you wailers!

2 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by Chukazu: 1:07pm On Jan 26, 2016
am sure India has enough refining capacity, unlike Nigeria. that is the reason.
the solution is for the government of the day to compel the major oil companies to build refineries or forfeit their license.

come to think of it, the likes of TOTAL has refineries across Africa, so why can't they build one in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by Osakah24(m): 1:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
Goke7:

Ben bruce is a pdp politician, its their game plan to make the APC ruling Govt look bad in the eyes of all Nigerians, you think he take the Nigerian masses that serious? What do you expect from an entertainer turn Politician?

Except you have short memories,that was exactly how APC came to power. FYI I voted non of the two fake parties.
Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by dytbabe: 1:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
Pls how much was it before the acclaimed subsidy removal?

In naija, the low class even pave way for the so called big men to chop

One day one day
Nigerians will rise and take back everything these looters have taken from us

Just one day
Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by lielbree: 1:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
Goke7:

Ben bruce is a pdp politician, its their game plan to make the APC ruling Govt look bad in the eyes of all Nigerians, you think he take the Nigerian masses that serious? What do you expect from an entertainer turn Politician?

Leave the messenger and attack the message!
IS WHAT HE SAID NOT TRUE?
ZOMBIE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by sanc2s(f): 1:09pm On Jan 26, 2016
sirthisthickkal:

Ben Bruce is just an attention seeker. why was he not tweeting about the bad state of our economy when he was not a senator?
u must be an illitrate to say Ben bruce is seeking attention. Even without him saying a word, his name rings bell in the world. Only silverbird alone makes his name to remain relevant. He is saying the truth. If u don't accept it, enter bus and go to Bornu state. God bless u if u cme bak alive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by Akainzo(m): 1:10pm On Jan 26, 2016
Queennikky:
@ benmurraybruce

India which imports oil from us, sells
kerosene at Rs 14.96 per liter (₦44). Why is
kerosene cheaper in a nation that imports oil from us

I guess we should be asking them in national assembly, and not the other way round......

https://mobile.twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/691865009530523648

Ben is a typical example of an educated illiterate! Should chocolate cost less in Côte d'Ivoire because Switzerland imports cocoa beans from them?

He that is talking, he licenses the movies shown by the SilverBird cinemas from US movie houses where movie tickets are $20 -$25, yet we pay N1,500 for it in Nigeria, are the movies not cheaper in Nigeria than US? Has he asked "how come?", he is only busy playing to the gallery.

What India imports from us is crude (raw material) while what we are importing into Nigeria is Kerosene (refined product), therefore we would end up paying more for it as we are buying their product to sell in our country. Simple sense would have helped him.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by mastermind1759(m): 1:11pm On Jan 26, 2016
Lazy leaders all dey do is talk.as if he is nt part of d national assembly whr major decisions r taken.
Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by Toks2008(m): 1:11pm On Jan 26, 2016
Kx:
[size=15pt]Can Ben Bruce be man enough and present all his questions to his fellow senators and national assembly for answer?

Is Bruce in the senate to throw his questions at the masses thru twitter or to provide answers to burning national issues through bills and laws?[/size]

I honestly wonder.
Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by freeage7(m): 1:12pm On Jan 26, 2016
Nigeria is just a scam.
Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by wordcat(m): 1:14pm On Jan 26, 2016
Fashola don ask similar question but I doubt if he can repeat it today even Tam David West don break am down why fuel should be N40 but where is Tam David West today?

Naija politicians are all the same
Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by vedaxcool(m): 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
hombre:

God bless you.

Over to you wailers!

Amen and God bless you too.
Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by airsaylongcon: 1:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
vedaxcool:
A simple google would have revealed to morro.n Bruce that india pays subsidy on kerosene.

Kerosene through public distribution system (PDS) is sold at Rs 14.96 per litre against the actual cost of Rs 29.91. The difference between the two, Rs 14.95 per litre, is termed as under-recovery or revenue loss.
While the government will provide Rs 12 to meet most of this, the remaining Rs 2.95 will be borne by oil producers ONGC and Oil India Ltd, he said.

http://m.timesofindia.com/business/india-business/Government-caps-kerosene-subsidy-at-Rs-12/litre-LPG-at-Rs-18/kg/articleshow/48421993.cms

Have you thought that Ben Bruce might be asking for the reinstatement of subsidy? If India imports oil and subsidises production of kerosene then we as major oil exporters should subsidise the importation of kerosene.
Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by 1shortblackboy: 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2016
Chibabi:
Wow....Ђåvε̲̣̣̣̥ bin a Nairalander for years naw but dis is ma first FTC. M begging for likes frm Wailers (which m a proud one) and Zombies (which I can neva b). Naw back to d matter. Make I even check wetin ma Twitter Senator talk
oya I don dash u d first like carry am go bank go withdraw money
Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by osusuallstars: 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2016
sirthisthickkal:

Ben Bruce is just an attention seeker. why was he not tweeting about the bad state of our economy when he was not a senator?
Why dont you look at the message instead of the messenger. did the message calls for sober reflection or not. forget about the timing

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by oodua1stson: 1:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
I no like this man but he's making perfect sense
Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
Danzakidakura:
Buhari is destroying Nigerian economy
........more than PDP ?

Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by jaymichael(m): 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
vedaxcool:

And to add to that, India could afford subsidy because it isn't a mono-economy like Nigeria whose revenue is based mostly on oil revenues which had since plummeted past "critical level" Nigeria cannot afford subsidy at this time, even if it wants to. This is really a wake up call for us to diversify the economy, maximise tax opportunities, not just reduce but eliminated wastage by both the government and the citizens. We should start by curbing electricity and power wastages, switch off your lights, appliances and electronic gadgets when not in use. Prepaid meters should be made available to all electricity subscribers for effective power consumption monitoring. We should turn off taps when not in use and also avoid water wastages. You will be amazed how much you save monthly when you employ simple management methods to curb gas, kerosene, diesel, petrol and other wastages. This is really a time to tighten our belts to move this nation forward.
#IloveNaija.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by Smartgunna: 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
Goke7:

that is the Nigerian elite for you, when the ruling Govt. no longer favour them, they start telling you how bad the economy is doing to confuse the masses. Ben Bruce has been a great beneficiary of all the pdp magomago in the last 16 yrs, yes he owns silver bird group but he is not different from the likes of Dangote and co who are so wealthy due to the poverty of millions of Nigerians.

Ur absolutely right about the Nigerian elite and their mumbo jumbo. Let's pause for a while and imagine this poser isn't from Ben Bruce, don't u think the government owes us an explanation as to why kero is cheaper in India despite......
Now, it's possible the government may give plausible reasons as to why the status quo subsists, but at least we asked! It's the beauty of democracy.... we right raise objections and they are respectfully answered. If we treat every dissent as "wailing", then our democracy is DO A.
Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by ProfessorPeter(m): 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
Vicadonis:
See jamb question o. Did I fix the price? He should ask Buhari and his fellows
Buhari has NEPA bill as certificate, if Ben Bruce want Buhari to respond to this question, he should tell BBC Hausa correspondent to interview him,
Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by justmenoni: 1:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
Lol u funny die...well me I don dash u my like ooo had it been I can give u more likes sef I no go hesitate

uote author=Chibabi post=42336299]Wow....Ђåvε̲̣̣̣̥ bin a Nairalander for years naw but dis is ma first FTC. M begging for likes frm Wailers (which m a proud one) and Zombies (which I can neva b). Naw back to d matter. Make I even check wetin ma Twitter Senator talk[/quote]
Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by ElFenomeno1: 1:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
Danzakidakura:
Buhari is destroying Nigerian economy

How so?
Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by Abugab(m): 1:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
Ben Bruce should solve the puzzle, that's why he is a part of today's govt.
He should stop playing Pontius Pilate and join the team in solving the issues he talks about daily or is he no linger a senator of the federal republic of Nigeria?

This man's common sense arguments are no longer common sensical
Re: Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India by Bevista: 1:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
The answer is quite simple. India still subsidizes the price of kerosene for its citizens. The ideal open market price of DPK in India is RS29.91, which translates to N87.7 (@N2.93/RS). The government subsidizes RS12 while the Oil companies subsidizes the balance.
----
The current price of N83 in Nigeria is without subsidy which is not too far from the N87 in India.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ali Modu Sheriff Escapes Mob Action In Maiduguri (Video, Photos) / Akin Alabi Resumes Office, Poses With APC Flag "Next Level" / Buhari, Obama And Same-sex Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.