Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,578 members, 7,801,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood (8304 Views)

Mike Ezuruonye Speaks Chinese In Nollywood Movie / Trailer For AY's First Movie '30 Days In Atlanta'. / What Was The First Movie You Watched In 2013? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by ekusman(m): 3:56am On Jun 27, 2009
This is a very hard question every new comer in the industry ask, Research shows that 5% get the answer, while the remaining 95% never seems to be near that answer thereby they conclude that movie jobs is for the already connected people. Big Lie!

Ignorant is what keeps many people in bondage all their life and believe it or not if you fail to apply these ten principle I will outline here you are very far from getting a movie job.

The big actors, Actresses, Directors, Scriptwriter etc you see today all applied these principle either consciously or unconsciously

Do you want to get a movie job? Apply them. It takes a little bit of commitment and passion to do them but it is rewarding because you will land your dream role, job sooner them you expected them.

Depending on how fast and wiling you are ready to leave your hindrances, your comfort Zone and strive for what you want.
are you ready for the ride?

Getting your first you movie job is very, very difficult I am only being frank here
but it is not impossible, reason nobody seems to know or believe that you have what you claim to have

if you are being hired it is a case of trial and error on the director or produces side you see what I mean, your performances will determines how well you are treated and how fast you can grow in the industry. Come on lets ride

unfortunately i can continue now due to time restrain just email me here destarsplayhouseltd@gmail.com for the concluding part sorry.
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by Wellas14(m): 8:11pm On Jun 29, 2009
What a sweet topic. But the reality is very far. You need to help yourself first before you offer your coded bait to stardom. You want to be a star?
I'll tell you what to do.

1. Register with the Actors Guild of Nigeria OR you identify with any independent producer who produce Soaps and Tv series like Wale Adenuga, Tajudeen Adepetu etc.
2. The ground is crowded, so hone your talent into skills by working on your diction and facial expressions.
Then you are ready to sail,
WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION, you know how the story will end.
3. Dont give up no matter what!!!!!!

All the best!
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by SamMilla1(m): 9:14pm On Jun 29, 2009
Who knows , you might be one of these stupid producers and directors who strives to see ladies naked in their hotel rooms before giving them roles.
How come you didnt give us few names of those who followed your rules and became superstars.
The Brad pitts and Jolies of Nollywood.

If you cannot post those rules here, or write one eBook on it,
You can direct people to somewhere else where they can read them.

Anything different from that makes you a scammer. A thief, A womanizer or A manizer (If you are a woman)

Wellas14:

What a sweet topic. But the reality is very far. You need to help yourself first before you offer your coded bait to stardom. You want to be a star?
I'll tell you what to do.

1. Register with the Actors Guild of Nigeria OR you identify with any independent producer who produce Soaps and Tv series like Wale Adenuga, Tajudeen Adepetu etc.
2. The ground is crowded, so hone your talent into skills by working on your diction and facial expressions.
Then you are ready to sail,
WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION, you know how the story will end.
3. Dont give up no matter what!!!!!!

All the best!

People should listen to this second poster here. That sounds more genuine to me,
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by MrCrackles(m): 9:16pm On Jun 29, 2009
How did this even make the front page?
What a JOKE! angry
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by SamMilla1(m): 9:22pm On Jun 29, 2009
MrCrackles:

What a JOKE! angry

grin grin grin
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by sley4life(m): 9:49pm On Jun 29, 2009
no idea
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by mahabone(m): 11:02pm On Jun 29, 2009
Big time email addy collector. Na one of those people wey dey sell email address.
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by makib: 12:52am On Jun 30, 2009
Dont listen to that guy. he has ultirior motives.
the 2nd poster has hit the nail on the head.
just make sure you're talented and have good command of the English language, and can also showcase good facial expressions, then go for auditions. And please accept any role given to you no matter what it is, because you need experience.
school drama and movies are two different things.
I started acting in the church and then school dramas but it's nothing compared to actually taking part in a movie.
I got a role as a gate man in a movie in 1996 but i declined it as humiliating. i didnt get another opportunity till 2006 when i auditioned for a part as a villager but got the role of a bodyguard instead. i quickly accepted the role and ended up starring alongside Mercy Johnson, Nonso Diobi, Jackie Appiah, Emma Anyalogu and many other big names.
I ended up with a speaking role in my first movie and had another movie job lined up with Mama G before i left Nigeria.

if you really want to be an actor, please brace up, because its not easy. Many of today's stars were never paid for their first movie roles. some didnt even get paid for their 1st to 5th movies. they just wanted to prove their worth and pay their dues in the movie industry.
Prove your worth and you'll go places.
cheers and good luck
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by UNLEASHED(m): 1:51am On Jun 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

What a JOKE! angry

grin
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by shesi(m): 3:20am On Jun 30, 2009
@ topic

if you're a girl , fvck the director. if you're a guy, have ur girl fvck the director. it's really the only way most ppl get their first acting gig. unless ofcourse you're super talented, but if you were, you wouldn't be asking this question. you'd be on a set working. lol.
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by Kelvinj(m): 3:43am On Jun 30, 2009
Dnt no y sh*t like dis make it 2 d front page. Na waaa ooo.
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by wanville(m): 5:48am On Jun 30, 2009
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by FBS: 6:31am On Jun 30, 2009
wanville:

The first poster got me ma first movie. . .Can't u remember me from the nigerian blockbuster " you are on a longtin" grin
grin grin grin
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by iice(f): 7:47am On Jun 30, 2009
wanville:

The first poster got me ma first movie. . .Can't u remember me from the nigerian blockbuster " you are on a longtin" grin

Rofl grin
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by biola44: 8:12am On Jun 30, 2009
lol cheesy
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by waffigbo(m): 8:18am On Jun 30, 2009
Just curious, How come Akwa Ibom and Cross River are considered part of South south even though they are the most South Eastern States while ENugu, Anambra, Imo EBonyi and Abia are considered SOuthEast even though they look More like South to me?

Are Nigerians Geopolitical zones drawn according to ethnicity or actual geography? can someone help me out
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by Nezan(m): 9:28am On Jun 30, 2009
waffigbo:

Just curious, How come Akwa Ibom and Cross River are considered part of South south even though they are the most South Eastern States while ENugu, Anambra, Imo EBonyi and Abia are considered SOuthEast even though they look More like South to me?

Are Nigerians Geopolitical zones drawn according to ethnicity or actual geography? can someone help me out

u r on a wrong thread pls.
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by joyblinks(f): 11:03am On Jun 30, 2009
I am also an AGN member.

e no easy oh to get even gateman role for movie. Nollywood no dey look your talent again oh. na who them sabi as their member.
so all u got to do is

Register as an A.G.N member
Develop ur skills, (remov shyness)
Attend the A.G.N meetings because thats where you will be known by the chairman and fellow members.
then attend auditions
lastly, leave the rest for God

or

if you get money, na to produce your own movie sha or get someone or company to sponsor your movie.
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by webpro(m): 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2009
Both are not either easy. One thing i know for sure is that your talent can stand you out, Belonging to a group is the best thing now, because so many talents are in nollywood. we just finished a movie, though poorly made but then we gained experience and passed the challenges, we are working on a soap now, but we will be shooting the pilot first. but want i want to be sure is if TV stations still airs advert for Advert placements before paying for air time.
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by Nezan(m): 11:04am On Jul 01, 2009
I heard sexual favours can also see you through? grin grin
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by Wellas14(m): 11:33am On Jul 01, 2009
Nezan:

Sexual favours happen in ALL industries for your info. Whoever offers sexual favours should remember that the S. I. Unit of communication is English Language and not S. F.
So you offer it at your own expence. If you cannot act, sexual favours won't do much for you either.

Where is the poster of this thread?? I hope you are not on the run now
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by itumama: 12:22pm On Jul 01, 2009
Just be determine, cos going into nolllywood is a great challenge.If you are talented and sure you can bring out the best in you for sure you will mak it lik those in the industry.
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by Nezan(m): 10:31am On Jul 02, 2009
Wellas14:

Sexual favours happen in ALL industries for your info. Whoever offers sexual favours should remember that the S. I. Unit of communication is English Language and not S. F.
So you offer it at your own expence. If you cannot act, sexual favours won't do much for you either.

ehn, na so?
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by mamagee3(f): 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2009
:d
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by samparian(m): 3:07am On Jul 04, 2009
joyblinks:

I am also an AGN member.

e no easy oh to get even gateman role for movie. Nollywood no dey look your talent again oh. na who them sabi as their member.

if you get money, na to produce your own movie sha or get someone or company to sponsor your movie.

And that is why we have a lot of bull sh*t movies in the market. Bad scripts, bad directing, bad acting, and of course very bad dialogues cos everything is being rushed so as not to exceed budget.
The only thing Nollywood is good for is showing nice houses and flashy cars. grin
we are always in a rush to get to the top but remember this:
"Bull sh*t may get you to the top, but it wont keep you there"
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by ayobase(m): 3:54pm On Jul 09, 2009
No Fit Laugh!
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by Nezan(m): 4:30pm On Jul 09, 2009
Sex=Roles in Naija movies? shocked
Re: How To Get Your First Movie Job In Nollywood by MrCrackles(m): 4:33pm On Jul 09, 2009
Nezan:

Nowadays you dont even need to dangle sexual favours, to the movie produces and scriptwriters, just dangle a spicey chicken leg!

(1) (Reply)

Usman - A Short Psychological Thriller Script By TheFilmmaker / Nicholas Cage vs Kevin Costner / My Experience With Actv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.